Thread: Comedy!

Only plays for sport Unknown Entity's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Comedy!

We all love a good laugh every now and then, and most of us have a favourite comedian.

So... who are your favourite comedians? Are you a big fan of comedy? Do you hate comedy? Tell us why.

Personally, my favs are Karen Taylor, Catherine Tate and Ricky Gervase. "Touch Me, I'm Karen Tayler" is on every Thursday, and never fails to make me laugh! Cathrine Tate and her "Bovverd?" act makes me laugh every time. And Ricky... well, I've watched a few things on GTA IV, and I like. I'd like to see a few more of things in real life though.

EDIT: Almost forgot! Programmes like... The Simpsons and Family Guy are my favs too!
    Last edited by Unknown Entity; 08-21-2008 at 02:44 PM.

"I used to be active here like you, then I took an arrow in the knee."
    >>>------------->

Suddenly... clutter.:

Me and the lovely Joey is two cheeky chimpmonks, we is. Because TFF cousins can still... do stuff. ; )

Quotes to have a giggle at.:

Quote Originally Posted by Bleachfangirl
    I'm none too scary really. Just somewhat violent...
    Quote Originally Posted by MSN Convo
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    ^^;
    brb
    Bleachie says:
    Kay
    ...*runs around with a stick*
    I AM SPARTACUS!!!
    Hm, no one's here...
    TIME TO PARTY!
    Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    back
    Bleachie says:
    DARN IT
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe
    Now that we've apparently discussed wanting to see each other sleep with a game character... how goes?

All my banners are now done by me! Soon, I will be great! Muwahahahaha... ha... eck! *coughs* ...ha!
    Biggest fan of Peanut Butter created by The Xeim and Halie Peanut Butter Corporation ^^

Warning free for over eight years. Feels good.

The Final Fantasy's Offical Emo Comedy! Lithium's Avatar
    To be totally and completely honest I am not a big fan of comedy. It's just because I prefer not to laugh at things that I deem stupid and immoral. Now, yes I also admit that I do enjoy a moment of comedy every now and then, like Family Guy or Shin Chan, but I do not watch those very often, added other than those two shows I do not find things that are supposed to be comedy amusing. I am the type of person that you don't have to try hard to make laugh, but I do not enjoy laughing, it's just something that sort of annoys me. I do not know why, but it does . . .
    But don't get me wrong I am not a boring person to be around. If I am with friends or someone I am dating, yes I will laugh at somethings but nothing the whole time at the stupid things.
    Ehm, I better wrap this up before I start to ramble. Bottom line, comedy does not amuse me. I do laugh every now and then, but I prefer not to.
    I could decide to stop breathing, I may decide to die. Only to show you what I truly mean. ~Devon L. Kay
    ~Signature made by Mike of Legend of Zelda~
    Just because I smile, does not mean I am happy. Just because I laugh, does not mean I am not hiding something. When I cry, something is wrong. When I am sad, do not comfort me. And when I love you, it is forever. ~Devon L. Kay
    The blood that spills, to the tears that I cry. I only wish for the nighttime to come. I wait and I wonder, I whisper and I stare, there is nothing that is ever there. I slowly close my eyes, as they grow silver with lust. ~Devon L. Kay
    All quotes by me

who's been touching my materia? Comedy! Fang's Avatar
    yes, I'm a BIG fan of comedy and my fav Eddie Murphy He's absolutely hilarious. I like most of his movies especially "Coming To America", I could watch this over and over, and not get bored.

My Heath Ledger fan sister:Unknown Entity

Believe or not...On earth. Yea I know someone like me is too awesome to live on earth but what can I do?!!!
    Actually I like the comedy shit, like Family guy and that pervert little guy (Shin Chan) and I laughed a lot when I watched Simpsons the movie!

Sig(s) made by me

DS Sigs

What is life:
    Life is not like a box of chocolates. It's more like a jar of Jalapenos! what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow

Why life is unfair!!!:
    When man talks dirty to a woman, it's sexual harassment...When a woman talks dirty to a man it's 3.95$ per a minute!!!

My Mafia family:
    Mona Lisa Overdrive - Self Appointed god
    LoVeLeSs - Freaky Goddaughter
    brnthsdiscout - FF Lovin' sister
    DiaryofJane-Music Loving God Mother
    Unknown Entity - My sister and my right hand in the family
    Silver - Enforcer

...means nothing to no way Furore's Avatar
    I tend to find if anything's the least bit funny I'll belt out laughing. Sure, the jokes might be really mature in a lot of shows, but what's the harm in going with it? It doesn't kill a person to laugh every once in a while.

As far as television and the like goes (and I'll include net shows as they're basically the same, just over the internet), things like Black Adder, Family Guy, The Simpsons, Futurama, South Park, American Dad, Red vs Blue, The Jace Hall Show and many others are always for a laugh.

The only real problem is that I rarely watch television, so I only catch a few episodes of most of these shows. With the exceptions of Red vs Blue and The Jace Hall show which I can watch online easily enough to enjoy them regularly of course. I do enjoy humour that requires a little more knowledge to understand (especially in terms of geek jokes and the like), but even the stupidest of jokes will work for me.
    victoria aut mors

Blog Entries
    My favourite comedian is most definately Lee Evans. That Monkey-boy is bloody hilarious! My family and I were watching his 'Live at Wembley' DVD yesterday. FURRNNYY. His acts are so energetic and crude. He really gets you belly-laughing. Lee Evans ftw =D.

Comedy TV shows include Friends, Scrubs, EveryBody Loves Raymond, King of Queens, Frasier, Two and a half Men, Everybody Hates Chris, Family Guy, erm... loooads more, too. The British ones are good, too, like My Family, The Vicar of Dibley, Only Fools and Horses... I could go on and on and on...

I just luurve comedy. You really can't beat a good laugh.

Registered User Comedy! winterborn86's Avatar
    I like alot of comedy, lee evans is my favourite comedian, and my favourite comedy shows are, family guy, friends, only fools and horses and i've recently taken to will and grace.

My TFF Family

My FFVII addicted nephew: Secret weapon
    My Bullet lovin half wolf cousin: Raider
    My complete FFVII nut sister: Unkown entity
    My Freya obsessed, grammar nazi brother: Doc rocco

my favorate comedian is and always will be robbin williams, he is very funny without crossing any boundries which is pretty nice. he has so many different styles i just love it.

i also love a little bit of eddie murphy, most of his stuff from the 80s is much better then he is now though.

Currently Playing
    Dissidia: Final Fantasy
    Fallout 3
    Metal Gear Solid 4

Oh I do enjoy funny stuff. Particularly America's Funniest Home Videos here in the states. It's funny good stuff
    My TFF Family

My Chocolate and Theory lovin' Niece -- Unknown Entity
    My CRAZY NUTTY Aussie sisters -- Tiger Lily and superjj

Larry David & Ricky Gervais are my favourites.

I think I'm beginning to understand. An answer from the Planet, the Promised Land...I think I can meet her...there.

Haha I dOn't have a favOuriite cOmediian, but I lOved (and still dO) watchiing FRIENDS, whiich is suppOsed tO be funny and all that. I pretty much lOved Joey (Matthew LeBlanc) iin that T.V. shOw, he had me crackiing up sO bad iinfrOnt Of my T.V. set haha and he was cute tOo...
    .BoOniita iin tha Club.

This is your life. Give it a happy ending (:

Beautiful Girl

I invented Go-Gurt. Comedy! Clint's Avatar
    I'm not a huge fan of stand up comedy, or any of those stupid comedy shows on TV, or the stoner comedy films that are coming out recently. I am quite a big fan of Norm MacDonald. A lot of people criticize Norm for not being funny enough; he was even fired from SNL for that very reason, but those people are just ****ing retarded. The guy is hilarious. It's not his fault that so many people don't understand dry humor.

I'm also a pretty big fan of sitcoms, especially Seinfeld. I don't like watching smart programming on TV. I watch TV to get away from smart programming. I just don't like the really stupid shows, like Family Guy, and South Park.
    Last edited by Clint; 09-02-2008 at 01:59 PM.

Blog Entries
    Comedy in general rules my life. It has to be if you're manic depressive, it's the only way to feel happy sometimes ha!

Let's see... most of the mainstream stuff is cool. I won't bore you all with it because you've mentioned it but I love comedian-wise:
    Russell Howard
    Frankie Boyle
    Dara O'Briain
    Punt and Dennis
    Al Murray
    - Real soft spot for Al. He makes History funny.
    Jim Tavare
    Anyone who performs at any Jongleurs I've ever been to.
    Sarah Silverman
    Lee Evans
    Eddie Murphy
    Chris Rock and Tucker
    WILL FERRELL!
    John C. Reilly
    - Cal Naughton Jr. is the best foil I've ever seen.
    Julian Barratt and Noel Fielding.

There's a lot more but they're my favs.
    Spoiler:

Care to have a look at my WordPress Journal?