Thread: British comedy panel shows

The real reason why the rum is gone British comedy panel shows Nightmare Cloud's Avatar

British comedy panel shows

Fact: These are seriously underrated/unknown everywhere except Britain. I'd just like to recommend some to you all, because they are really hilarious xD Mock The Week, Never Mind The Buzzcocks, 8 Out Of 10 Cats, etc.

What are your thoughts on these shows?

Imperius Rex British comedy panel shows Storm's Avatar

Re: British comedy panel shows

I rarely ever watch TV, and when I do it is normally one of those 3 shows or QI.

I bloody love Mock The Week, although the last series wasn't quite as funny due to the lack of Frankie Boyle. At least Dara, Hugh and Andy are still there! It's quite funny watching the old series through the newer ones, seeing Russell Howard going from annoying to being actually quite funny. It's funny that even when watching the repeats on Dave for the 20th time, when what they are talking about is no longer topical, you still crack yourself up laughing!

YouTube - Mock the Week - LINES YOU WOULDN'T HEAR IN A HORROR MOVIE - BBC Two

8 out of 10 cats I love because i'm a big fan of Sean Lock. Jimmy Carr is also really funny, but Sean's "angry old man" humour and crazy childish actions really crack me up. Even if some of the other panelists are crap, that they seem to bring such humour to it that you don't care. I have to say, I did find the episodes with Jade Goody funny as a lot of the shows did take the piss out of how thick and annoying she was.

YouTube - 8 Out of 10 Cats | James Corden's Thriller | Channel 4

Never Mind the Buzzcocks, besides having a title made from two punk references, is great, being a music lover. I like both Mark Lemar and Simon Amstell as presenters. It was sad to see Bill Bailey take a departure from being a team leader as he's one of my favorite comedians, but at least Phil Jupitus remains. It's funny seeing all the panelists getting ripped apart, and its strangely entertaining trying to guess the intruduction they're humming. Best episode has to be the one where Preston from the Ordinary Boys walked out becuase Simon Amstall was reading from his wife's biography! That episode also had Ed Byrne on it, who is another one of my favorite comedians.

YouTube - Preston walks out on buzzcocks

QI I love because you learn a lot of pointless, random crap from it, and its very funny too. Stephen Fry is brilliant.

YouTube - What's the difference between a cake and a biscuit? - Qi - BBC
    PSN username: Raikujaku
    A meow-ed member of PRK9

Registered User British comedy panel shows

The only thing that I've watched mentioned in this thread is that QI show that Storm linked to. I really liked it. I watched every single youtube clip that was put up there, and I did think that it was really entertaining. It probably helps that I'm a fan of reading/hearing about useless (yet interesting) facts, so a show like that is right up my alley.

I think the only other British television show that I ever got really into was "Whose Line is it Anyway?" I don't know if that's considered a panel show though. There was an American version of it too, with the same name used, and a few of the same comedians as well, but it didn't really have the same appeal for me as the British version. Oh, I did like it, but not as well as the British one.
    Click at your own risk.:
    Proud Member of:
    Por Rorr Kitty9
    "Mess with us, and the claws come out!"
    Evil BAD Guys
    "Not just evil...not just bad...EVIL BAD!"
    The above userbar was made for me by FATE!!! He is awesome.
    The above banner was made for me by VIVIMASTERMAGE!!! He is awesome as well.

The real reason why the rum is gone British comedy panel shows Nightmare Cloud's Avatar

Can't believe I forgot to include QI D: I was tired when I started this thread though xD

I'm just watching the Mock the Week horror movie thing now. I love this part of the show xD The one last night was 'Things you wouldn't hear in a fantasy movie' and it was hilarious, I was in tears laughing.

I love this ep of NMTB when Dani Filth was on... I absolutely LOVE him but I still think it was a hilarious show because he's such an easy target:
    YouTube - Dani Filth gets insulted - BBC

Registered User British comedy panel shows winterborn86's Avatar

I use to watch 8 out of 10 cats, the one stat that has always stuck in my mind was, something like 8% of americans don't know how to eat an orange. I thought that was totally random. I only used to watch it cos I thought Jimmy Carr was a kinda cute

My TFF Family

My FFVII addicted nephew: Secret weapon
    My Bullet lovin half wolf cousin: Raider
    My complete FFVII nut sister: Unkown entity
    My Freya obsessed, grammar nazi brother: Doc rocco

I only used to watch it cos I thought Jimmy Carr was a kinda cute
    I kinda see what you mean about Jimmy Carr. I'd probably have to say 8 Out Of 10 Cats is my least favourite out of all the shows mentioned here, though.

艶かしき安息、躊躇いに微笑み British comedy panel shows ZantetsukeN's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare Cloud View Post
    I love this ep of NMTB when Dani Filth was on... I absolutely LOVE him but I still think it was a hilarious show because he's such an easy target:
    YouTube - Dani Filth gets insulted - BBC
    Lol, I live near him

Mock The Week has gone downhill without Frankie Boyle though. He was the part of the show I laughed at the most. I don't like Russell Howard that much though. His homour isn't my sort of thing. Andy Parsons is hilarious IMO.

NMTB is my favourite out of the lot. It has always been funny. Even when Bill Bailey left it was still funny, and even when Simon Amstell left it was still funny. I love the show because I love music, so it is my sense of humour really.

I can't watch 8 out of 10 Cats because I can't STAND Jimmy Carr. I don't find him at all funny, and he just comes across as a ****. But that's my opinion.

Another that has been forgotten is Would I Lie To You. I've watched it a few times and it has been really funny.

Lol, I live near him
    Grrrrr! >__< *throws jealous Cradle of Filth fangirl fit*

Another that has been forgotten is Would I Lie To You. I've watched it a few times and it has been really funny.
    Oh yeah, that is good... Sorry for being so crap and forgetting everything xD Thread fail.

Imperius Rex British comedy panel shows Storm's Avatar

Ahh I adore Whose Line! I have series 1 & 2 on DVD. I agree that the British version had more charm (Clive Anderson does get slated a bit, but I found him to be the better host), although I did also enjoy the US version (especially since Ryan Stiles and Colin Mocharie were mainstayers. I love those two!). I don't really think its classed as a panel show, but it is definatly a great comedy program. We even did our own spoof version of it called "Aah I Forgot My Line" on the first year of my university course.

I have seen quite a few episodes of Would I Lie to you, and I do enjoy it, although not as much as some other panel shows.

How about Argumental? I have quite mixed opinions on this one. Some things brought forward can be great and i'll be laughing my arse off, but sometimes I find it rather annoying or unfunny.

@Nightmare Cloud: I wouldn't call forgetting things 'Thread Fail'. Everyone forgets, and doing a thread on comedy panel shows is just pure win to me!
    PSN username: Raikujaku
    A meow-ed member of PRK9

Time to take control... British comedy panel shows Serah's Avatar

I LOVE these shows ...
    But then I am British lol so I might be abit bias!
    Wishes aren't enough, prayers either ... I'm making a promise ...

How about Argumental? I have quite mixed opinions on this one. Some things brought forward can be great and i'll be laughing my arse off, but sometimes I find it rather annoying or unfunny.

@Nightmare Cloud: I wouldn't call forgetting things 'Thread Fail'. Everyone forgets, and doing a thread on comedy panel shows is just pure win to me!
    Argumental is awesome most of the time, but it does have its crappy moments. It certainly doesn't beat good old Mock The Week! And thanks Storm! *is happy* Success! xD

I LOVE these shows ...
    But then I am British lol so I might be abit bias!
    Yeah Serah, I thought that about myself when I made the thread

Time to take control... British comedy panel shows Serah's Avatar

Chris Moyles is funny sometimes, depends who he has on it lol
    Wishes aren't enough, prayers either ... I'm making a promise ...