Thread: Bad Movies

Consistently Average Bad Movies Kurt Zisa's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Bad Movies

Has anyone gone into a movie theater with high hopes for the movie they're about to see only to come out afterwards thinking: "well thats an hour and a half i'll never get back".

Or is that just me? i generally rate films harshly as there are a few things that really bug me, bad, over the top special effects come to mind. Dont get me wrong i love movies (Sherlock Holmes and Inception to name a few.)

Anyway.... the film which really dissapionted me was Paranormal Activity 2. I only whent because my friend said she'd only go if i did. I just found it boring, the complete opposite of what its meant to do, there was no way it lived up to the hype it was given, a fact further proved by the entire cinema being empty 'cept for me and my friend. Sorry to rant a bit i kinda lost track of what i was saying.
    Currently Playing:
    Pillars of Eternity (PC)

I play Magic! See what decks im playing or building here!

Registered User Bad Movies sayian's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Re: Bad Movies

the most iv ever been disapointed from a move was after i seen that Dragonball movie..... ... and Clash of the Titans was a good movie but i hated the fact that it was SOOO much like god Of War. if uv played that game(both 1 and 2) and saw that movie, there almost exactly tha same.

Quote Originally Posted by SaixBeserk7 View Post
    the film which really dissapionted me was Paranormal Activity 2.

, going into a 'movie' like that, I think you just had that disapointment coming.

There's been alot of disappointments from movies, most recently Scott Pilgim vs The World. I really wanted to see this, was excited about all the (my generation) videogame hype, and the previews looked cool. But this film was the most immature cheesily made thing I've seen in years. Though its not as bad as Troy.

The worst movie I've ever paid for was Van Helsing. This is with no contest the worst film I have ever seen in my life. Everything about it cliche, poorly executed, cheesy. This horrible trainwreck is unforgivable.
    The only redeeming thing is the one line "why does it smell like wet dog in here?" after the wearwolf fight.

attempting to bribe the Mayor of Lambeth Bad Movies Xanatos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sayian View Post
    the most iv ever been disapointed from a move was after i seen that Dragonball movie..... ... and Clash of the Titans was a good movie but i hated the fact that it was SOOO much like god Of War. if uv played that game(both 1 and 2) and saw that movie, there almost exactly tha same.
    How can it be the same as God of War when it's a remake of an older movie, if nothing else God of War is so much like Clash of the Titans. Don't let Greece mitology fool you, it's always the same no matter in which media it appears.

Back to the subject. Yes, I've seen my fair share of bad movies, though there's a difference between really bad movies, and good ones who still managed to disappoint me in one way or another. If I were to name every bad movie I've seen this post would be enormous, so I'll keep this short by naming only few.

Dragonball Evolution - I never do expect much from movies based on games or anime series, but this one was a pure insult to all Dragonball fans. I know what it means to have a low budget to accomplish what you have in mind, but that's not an excuse to not give it a try.

Producers of Dragonball Evolution kept a blind eye to original media, thus creating their own characters, and story, the entire movie could have passed without the Dragonball title in it, no one would even notice. Little things do matter, and they can be accomplished fairly easy, take Tekken for instance who also had a low budget, but had fair share of content from original source. Through entire movie you can see that who ever made Tekken cared for original source, it actually turned out to be a decent action flick.

Majority of Horror Movies - Don't have anything against horror genre, but majority of horror movies I've seen, and some of them were claimed to be the best, failed to scare me. To be honest I actually had a good laugh watching some of these movies.

Batman & Robin - Huge fan of movies based on comics, Batman in general, but Batman died for good with this movie, or so I though, Nolan FTW. Whoever though that George Clooney as a Batman, and Arnold Schwarzenegger as Dr Freeze would be a good idea was ****ing out of his mind, add bad acting and cheesy dialogue and you have yourself a bad movie.

Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home & Star Trek: Insurrection - Far from what I learned to expect of Star Trek movies, plot in both movies is simply terrible. Success of both, if any, is all thanks due to popularity of Star Trek franchise.
    Last edited by Xanatos; 02-08-2011 at 09:59 AM.

Sig and Avy made by Unknown Entity

Registered User Bad Movies

Haha... I can think of two instances where this sort of happened to me, but to be honest, I didn't have all that high of expectations with these movies to begin with. Also, in both cases, I went along with a friend to see the movie, and they were the one who wanted to watch it.

First one was Seed of Chucky, but honestly, I don't really think that the movie was really trying to be any good. It went more along the comedy-horror element, which is kind of a shame since the first two Child's Play movies terrified me when I was younger. It was sort of sad to see Chucky become more of a parody. Oh well.

Next one I can't really say was just outright terrible, but most everyone else in the theater seemed to think so, because by the end of it, only myself and my friend were still sitting in our seats watching it. Everyone else had already left. The film was called The Hours, and it was kind of confusing at times (from what I remember of it anyway), but not bad enough to where I felt the need to get up and leave. I had never heard of it before my friend mentioned that she wanted to go, so I really didn't know what to expect, so I couldn't really get my hopes up too high.
    Click at your own risk.:
    Proud Member of:
    Por Rorr Kitty9
    "Mess with us, and the claws come out!"
    Evil BAD Guys
    "Not just evil...not just bad...EVIL BAD!"
    The above userbar was made for me by FATE!!! He is awesome.
    The above banner was made for me by VIVIMASTERMAGE!!! He is awesome as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Xanatos View Post
    Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home & Star Trek: Insurrection - Far from what I learned to expect of Star Trek movies, plot in both movies is simply terrible. Success of both, if any, is all thanks due to popularity of Star Trek franchise.
    5The Final Fronteir, and 6The Undiscovered Country were also horrible. especially number VI.

We can't forget Transformers 2, Revenge of the Fallen. Godawful acting, cheesy story. Sam dies, goes to heaven, There are autobot gods there! They say to him "It is not your time, it is your destiny to save the world" and the send him back to life. (that actually happens in the movie) And those two "black" transformes. May as well have put them in blackface, usually behavior like that in films is meant for some satirical purpose, here its appears to just be blantant racism in the form of the 'idiot black man' architype.

Gotta say, biggest letdown for me was Mars Attacks. Trailers looked awesome and hilarious, then watching it showed that all the good parts were in the trailers, meaning less than 5 minutes of laughter in a 100min shitfest ( would rather watch 2girls1cup on repeat and get more laughs after getting used to it)

Blog Entries

Scott Pilgrim vs. The World? Star Trek 4: The Voyage Home? Mars Attacks? ...are you serious, people? Wow... I'm not sure if we can be friends anymore.

I guess one movie I was severely disappointed in when I saw it was Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within. It was nothing like what you would expect a Final Fantasy movie to be. Set in a psuedo Earth, with the same continents, states, people, and everything. Think everything had at least a pseudo-scientific explanation, as well. About the only thing fantasy-related to it were the monsters. And I'm sure they did this to appeal to a wider audience than the Final Fantasy fandom... but NOBODY ELSE WAS GOING TO GO SEE THIS ANYWAY. So you might as well have appealed to your actual fans. Give me a chocobo, at least! They aren't that farfetched! There are ostriches in the world, after all! This stinker nearly put Square out of business, if I remember correctly...

Can't really think of anything else right now. Anyhoo...

Wuv, Yer Mom

Quote Originally Posted by Telegraph View Post
    Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within.......Give me a chocobo, at least!
    Can't really think of anything else right now. Anyhoo...
    There were chocobos, on the lead ladies PJs. (I forget her name)
    I didn't think this movie was very good either. Wasn't horrible, but should have been better for the movie with Final Fantasy in the name that had a theatrical release. If this did, why didnt Advent Children?

艶かしき安息、躊躇いに微笑み Bad Movies ZantetsukeN's Avatar

I have to agree with Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within. I remember sitting there saying 'This is NOT Final Fantasy!' I think it would have been better if it didn't have the FF tag to it. But obviously, with the FF tag to it, you expect it to be closer to the games, but it wasn't.

Apart from that, I am very picky with what I see at the cinema, which is why I don't go that often. The only other bad film I have seen at the cinema is Mr and Mrs Smith, but I knew that one was going to be bad. I only went because my mates wanted to see it .

Badass Military Agent Bad Movies Linus Li Lelouch's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Telegraph View Post
    Scott Pilgrim vs. The World? Star Trek 4: The Voyage Home? Mars Attacks? ...are you serious, people? Wow... I'm not sure if we can be friends anymore.

I guess one movie I was severely disappointed in when I saw it was Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within.

All great movies from my standpoint, I also thought FF The Spirits Within was pretty good.
    Equip Flame Resistant Shield
    Reason I say this is because after reading many many comments from all different users on this forum, I came across these 2 simple lines that popped up everywhere, especially on comments involving anything FF related and it goes as follow:

That's your problem, you're comparing FF to other FF games, items movies etc...
    another quote that always popped up is also the following:
    Try watching something for what it is and not for what it represents
    I actually remember several people who names I dare not say because they know who they are, saying to me not to compare FFXIII to the other FF games because their all different, ok well what the hell makes this movie an exception?

You people are your own Hypocrites, I hope you all realize this now...

Linus is out...

~The will to not want anything in exchange for nothing~ *Your's truly Linus*

-98% of all teens have tried smoking pot and drinking. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy this and put it in your signature.

I will finish the hunt Bad Movies Cheesevixen's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Every single parody movie after Scary Movie (excluding The Onion) was a disappointment. Also, I went to go see the Roommate. The only good parts were shown in the trailer. They gave absolutely no insider info on the Roommates background, and they made a mockery of a real disease. I've know people who are schizophrenic, and although they are strange not all of them need to be dosed up on medications in order not to kill people.
    "Some men just want to watch the world burn"

I quite enjoyed Epic Movie (found it funny as hell in parts), Extreme Movie (Dethmetal Chipmunks made it for me) and Not Another Teen Movie, but otherwise almost all other parody movies have been as bad as the last few American Pie movies... (puke)

Registered User Bad Movies HUNK's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Okay, the only way you can like this one is if you hate the series and love watching its original concept be stomped on.

Dragon Ball Z Evolution. This movie PHailed. (That's right, fail...with a ph) I tried to watch it despited critisism(because nothing else was on at the time on the movie channles) and I really shouldn't have. I could try and defend it if I hadn't...

I'm sorry if someone liked it, you have strange taste in film by the way...

Blog Entries

The movie that ruined my life... That literally cockblocked me and beat the shit out of my love for the sanctity of life was Wing Commander...

Apart from that, I watch so many shitty movies, they're hardly distinct from each other. Any of the Disaster Movies and etc...

But no, nothing near as bad as Wing Commander. As a matter of fact, I declare today the "I hate Wing Commander(aka the-worst-movie-ever-made)Day.

**** Wing Commander
    -Sin

Fear not, this is not...the end of this world.

"I'm just a soul whose intentions are good..."

Tron Legacy. Despite having good visual effects it was the most predictable movie I have ever seen. The graphics weren't amazing enough to save it for me.

Also like several people have already said Dragonball Evolution. That movie was so intolerable it almost made me cry. I kept waiting to see if they didn't ruin a character or had anything as remotely interesting pertaining to the Dragonball universe. I didn't watch it in theaters because I vaguely heard it was no good but I thought the video I got was a joke or something it was so bad.

Overhyping movies also generally makes me despise typically popular movies like Superbad or 40-year old Virgin. I like 40-year old Virgin at first but after people wouldn't shut up about it I grew to hate it.
    Last edited by Dan558; 03-14-2011 at 12:30 AM. Reason: bolded movies, spelling
    Playstaion ID: Setzer_All-in

- "Phoenix Downs are your friends. But remember Cloud they don't always work. I'm looking at yooou Aeris"

-"Immortal maybe... but not invincible!" -Prince (of Persia)

Only plays for sport Unknown Entity's Avatar
    Blog Entries

There's very few films I've seen at the cinema and didn't enjoy.

Blood: The Last Vampire sucked (no pun intended) so much, it's turned me off all new asian/ninja films for life. I don't even want to see the anime or manga now.

Clash of the Titans wasn't bad, but it wasn't great either. I didn't leave the cinema with a buzz that day, but that's not to say I didn't enjoy it.

Final Destination 4 I felt a little disappointed with. I saw it in 3D, and the effects were pretty good, but it just felt crappy compared to the other three. The first two Final Destinations are the best in my opinion, and I highly doubt they'll ever be topped.

"I used to be active here like you, then I took an arrow in the knee."
    >>>------------->

Suddenly... clutter.:

Me and the lovely Joey is two cheeky chimpmonks, we is. Because TFF cousins can still... do stuff. ; )

Quotes to have a giggle at.:

Quote Originally Posted by Bleachfangirl
    I'm none too scary really. Just somewhat violent...
    Quote Originally Posted by MSN Convo
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    ^^;
    brb
    Bleachie says:
    Kay
    ...*runs around with a stick*
    I AM SPARTACUS!!!
    Hm, no one's here...
    TIME TO PARTY!
    Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    back
    Bleachie says:
    DARN IT
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe
    Now that we've apparently discussed wanting to see each other sleep with a game character... how goes?

All my banners are now done by me! Soon, I will be great! Muwahahahaha... ha... eck! *coughs* ...ha!
    Biggest fan of Peanut Butter created by The Xeim and Halie Peanut Butter Corporation ^^

Warning free for over eight years. Feels good.