Thread: Bad Lieutenant: Port of Call

Controlling With Fear Bad Lieutenant: Port of Call Unlucky Rufus's Avatar

Bad Lieutenant: Port of Call

I was on my Ps3's netflix yesterday night, and i watched Bad Lieutenant: Port of Call. I thought it was good, in a gritty sad kind of way. I've always liked Nicholas Cage, and his movies. He did a great job in this one, it was a hard role to play imo. So anyways, if any of you guys saw it, plz tell me what you thought.

(i'd like to also hear what you guys thought of the original Bad Lieutenant, if you have also seen that one.)

Soup Kitchen Jerk. Bad Lieutenant: Port of Call Polk's Avatar

Re: Bad Lieutenant: Port of Call

Just so you know, the film is actually called Bad Lieutenant: Port of Call New Orleans. Not trying to be an asshole, but I'm just saying.

Easily one of my top ten from 2009. Nicolas Cage is so fantastic at being a spastic, bi-polar, rambling drug addict that I wouldn't be surprised to hear that he and Werner Herzog were railing meth the entire time on set. Cage's performance is so good that I forgive him for all of those god awful performances in all of those god awful films that he's done as of late.

That's not to say that Cage is the only good thing about the movie, though. Herzog does a great job of directing, and he sets up a perfectly grimy world to set his characters in. Most of the supporting cast is good, and I was genuinely surprised that Eva Mendes could act.

Oh, and there are scenes like this in the film.
    Let's go into the "archives" in "Washington D.C." and find out how people "masturbated" in the "roaring 20's."

Crao Porr Cock8. Bitch.

Controlling With Fear Bad Lieutenant: Port of Call Unlucky Rufus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Polk View Post
    Just so you know, the film is actually called Bad Lieutenant: Port of Call New Orleans. Not trying to be an asshole, but I'm just saying.

Easily one of my top ten from 2009. Nicolas Cage is so fantastic at being a spastic, bi-polar, rambling drug addict that I wouldn't be surprised to hear that he and Werner Herzog were railing meth the entire time on set. Cage's performance is so good that I forgive him for all of those god awful performances in all of those god awful films that he's done as of late.

That's not to say that Cage is the only good thing about the movie, though. Herzog does a great job of directing, and he sets up a perfectly grimy world to set his characters in. Most of the supporting cast is good, and I was genuinely surprised that Eva Mendes could act.

Oh, and there are scenes like this in the film.
    I can't believe i left out New Orleans, wow. Anyways, i think the Post-Katrina setting worked great for this kind movie. And i loved the Iguana scene, it was pretty unique.

It was Herzog at his finest. What a film.

If any other director redeemed his anti-hero the way Herzog did at the end, they would be shunned, but it is such a goofy wrap-up that it works.