View Poll Results: what would you rate the movie "AVATAR"?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll

3 27.27%

0 0%

1 9.09%

1 9.09%

1 9.09%

1 9.09%

0 0%

0 0%

0 0%

0 0%

4 36.36%

Thread: Avatar!

http://www.createtheunseen.com/wp-co...ovie-Image.jpg

so what do you guys think of this movie? i thought it was FANTASTIC!!! out of all the movies i watched in my life i think this is the only movie that i think is deserved to be watched... its totally worth it. the character designs, the SETTING, everything is awesome in this movie!!! what would you rate it? for me a 10!!

Re: Avatar!

we've had a couple threads really similar to this already...

but while im here i'll comment anyway. the only thing it had going for me was that it was visually amazing. but that was about it. the story and characters were weak and had been told many times before. not a bad movie by any means though; just not too original.

"With each passing day, the world finds new and exciting ways to kill a man." - Balthier

CURRENTLY PLAYING
    final fantasy xiii-2
    skyrim
    pokemon fire red

oh we've got a thread like this before...yah i sort of had the feeling that we did...but o well. i like the movie so much i have to make another one for it.

Let's make it rain. Avatar! Jonathanx221's Avatar

I saw it in 3D, and being my first 3D movie at IMAX, it blew me away. I easily give it a 10. It was brilliant.

Quote Originally Posted by kupo View Post
    we've had a couple threads really similar to this already...

but while im here i'll comment anyway. the only thing it had going for me was that it was visually amazing. but that was about it. the story and characters were weak and had been told many times before. not a bad movie by any means though; just not too original.
    That summed up pretty much everything I had to say when entering this thread. I was one of those who were incredibly hype about this movie, but after watching it, felt that it was just another hollywood cliché. But then again the story of Avatar was made up by Cameron about 20 years ago, so it's no wonder it feels a little bit...already done, hehe.

Visually appealing, to me, at some points. But glowing neon/pastel flowers and animals got old quickly. I guess it just wasn't my cup of tea.

However I loved the scene where Ney'Tiri hold the real Jake Sully in her arms. He looked so tiny.

I've heard Cameron is planning sequels as usual. I have to say I'm curious.
    "I don't think I have what it takes to make a good action game. I think I'm better at telling a story."
    Hironobu Sakaguchi