Thread: Adult Swim on Cartoon Network Favorites

Adult Swim on Cartoon Network Favorites

I've been watching all of the shows on Adult Swim since I was super young and wasn't supposed too back when the opening actually showed a whole bunch of old people swimming in a pool and then you hear a guy on a megaphone say " All kid's out of the pool, adult swim"

What are all of your favorites? and WHY?
    If you need a list to remember, check here: List of Adult Swim programs - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Heres what I watch(ed):

Titan Maximum is new, but it's really funny. I just started watching it.

Aqua Teen Hunger Force I really didn't watch this when I was younger, but the first time I actually watched an episode was in like the 8th grade. Some of the episodes are actually really funny. I <3 Carl. I watch it now, and I really like it, as well as the other characters like the Robot of Christmas past, and those little 2D dudes

Venture Brothers is hilarious. Period.

The Boondocks was funny for the first month or so, I don't watch it too much now. They're all re-runs anyway.

Tim and Eric Awesome show was okay, I just liked the previews for it. I only really watched like two episodes and the they replaced it with something else. They're awkward.

Robot Chicken Is probably one of the best shows I have ever seen in my life, even though one episode is like 15 min. It's so funny and they always seem to make a joke out of everything you know.

Super jail is Great. It's another Favorite, It's funny because of how stupidly violent it is and I like how the opening changes for different reasons, whenever the guy is taken to Super jail. It reminds me of something I've seen before but I can't put my finger on it...

The Brack show I used to wach it back in the day, but they don't show it too much anymore.

Sealab 2020 there were a few good episodes I liked,but I didn't watch it too much. The same for Harvey Birdman

Frisky Dingo I actually really liked Frisky Dingo, It was really stupid in a good way:

Metalocalypse from time to time

FamilyGuy and King Of the Hill of course, and from time to time American Dad! but it's not nearly as funny as family guy.

Futurama I miss with a Passion.

All the Anime I Liked: (in no specific order)
    Cowboy Beebop
    Blood +
    Wolf's Rain
    FLCL
    Code Geass
    Death Note
    Some Ghost in the shell
    Inuyasha
    Eureka 7
    Lupin The 3rd
    Case Closed
    Samurai Champloo
    Paranoia
    Whitch Hunter Robin
    Super Milk Chan
    Shin Chan
    Tri Gun
    Trinity Blood
    Yu Yu Hakusho (watched most of it on Toonami)
    Big O
    Full Metal Alchemist
    Last edited by GypsyElder; 10-18-2009 at 07:13 PM.

Ta DA!!!:

Alright, who censored my rocketship?

From The Clint Eastwood
    I'm thinking about creating a hybrid. A dolphin-monkey. Half dolphin, half monkey. Do you think it's possible?
    I was thinking that since I'm artificially creating it, I'll create it with rocket fuel instead of blood, and thus it will be able to fly, using the dolphin's dorsal fins as wings. And from the air, it will look down upon us all and protect us against sharks, and search for bananas.
    Block says:" this one time i got SUPER blazed and was riding with my friend to mcd's and i ran my fingers through my jew fro saying "I just feel like dancing"
    by Alpha: "Hate breeds hate. Love breeds love. F*ck real politik."
    Originally Posted by Michael Swayne
    I find Gypsy to be a very interesting person. In fact, when my hair grows out some more, Gypsy has already laid claim to it when I cut it again.

The Quiet One Adult Swim on Cartoon Network Favorites Andromeda's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Ah good times. I remember watching Adult Swim when it was first starting it was airing Cowboy Bebop. At first I heard about it and thought it was some strangely named anime and so I wasn't going to watch it. However, I was told about it by a friend at school and so I made sure to change the second airing of it on Thursday, back when they only ran it two day a week Saturday and Thursday. And I never looked back. Do note that I only watch Adult Swim for anime, I never watch it for anything else.

Back in the day they ran supposedly uncut episodes of Tenchi and Outlaw Star, but they were just the Toonami versions. They also ran Pilot Candidate, the show that I thought Adult Swim hated and stopped airing after like 12 episodes only to learn at the show really only has 12 episodes and then I was angry at Japan for not finishing what they started. >.> They also ran Gundam 0080 War in the Pocket and Gundam 0083 Stardust Memory, they were early premiers with Cowboy Bebop.

Not long after that they began running Inuyasha, when they actually ran its intro. Yeah, can you believe it. They actually ran Inuyasha with the "I want to change the world" intro of season one. Then they made me angry when they stopped doing that for the rest of Inuyasha. However, enough viewers got made enough that they stopped ruining shows by cutting out the intros, but not before some anime had them cut.

Then there was Wolf's Rain, Trigun, Cased Closed, FLCL, Witch Hunter Robin, Paranoia Agent, Fullmetal Alchemist, Bleach, Eureka 7, Code Geass, Big O (which were just Toonami reruns, Ghost in the Shell SAC and 2nd Gig, the little Yu Yu Hakusho that they did air before marooning it on the 5 am island timeslot, Death Note, Moribito, Samurai Champloo, Trinity Blood and Blood+. If its anime and its on Adult Swim I've seen it. They used to be good back in the day, but now they leave all of the anime to slowly die with Saturday when it used to be on every day of the week besides Sunday. Inuyasha and Fullmetal Alchemist used to run constantly along with early Bleach episodes during the week. Inuyasha has been around forever. Now I almost never watch TV because CN keeps doing one thing after another to screw up their anime. First Toonami goes to Saturday, then Adult Swim, then Toonami dies because its on Saturday and has a poor line up. And they are constantly changing time slots of the new episodes of Bleach and Moribito like they are trying to make the anime viewers already more mad than their already are and get them to leave or something.
    Curious? There's no limits but your own imagination.
    Don't know how to roleplay, but want to learn? Visit Here!

2007 and 2009 Best Writer of TFF and 2009 Most Creative Co-Winner

Quote Originally Posted by Andromeda View Post

Then there was Wolf's Rain, Trigun, Cased Closed, FLCL, Witch Hunter Robin, Paranoia Agent, Fullmetal Alchemist, Bleach, Eureka 7, Code Geass, Big O (which were just Toonami reruns, Ghost in the Shell SAC and 2nd Gig, the little Yu Yu Hakusho that they did air before marooning it on the 5 am island timeslot, Death Note, Moribito, Samurai Champloo, Trinity Blood and Blood+. If its anime and its on Adult Swim I've seen it. They used to be good back in the day, but now they leave all of the anime to slowly die with Saturday when it used to be on every day of the week besides Sunday. Inuyasha and Fullmetal Alchemist used to run constantly along with early Bleach episodes during the week. Inuyasha has been around forever. Now I almost never watch TV because CN keeps doing one thing after another to screw up their anime. First Toonami goes to Saturday, then Adult Swim, then Toonami dies because its on Saturday and has a poor line up. And they are constantly changing time slots of the new episodes of Bleach and Moribito like they are trying to make the anime viewers already more mad than their already are and get them to leave or something.
    I first started watching Adult Swim just for the Anime too, and then they started to show less frequently, and that's when I started watching all of the other "Adult Swim" type shows. They only show Anime now on Saturdays starting at like 2:00a.m.

Plus they don't re run the same episodes on the same night anymore, so if you happen to miss and episode, that's it. =(
    Last edited by GypsyElder; 10-12-2009 at 03:14 AM.

Ta DA!!!:

Alright, who censored my rocketship?

From The Clint Eastwood
    I'm thinking about creating a hybrid. A dolphin-monkey. Half dolphin, half monkey. Do you think it's possible?
    I was thinking that since I'm artificially creating it, I'll create it with rocket fuel instead of blood, and thus it will be able to fly, using the dolphin's dorsal fins as wings. And from the air, it will look down upon us all and protect us against sharks, and search for bananas.
    Block says:" this one time i got SUPER blazed and was riding with my friend to mcd's and i ran my fingers through my jew fro saying "I just feel like dancing"
    by Alpha: "Hate breeds hate. Love breeds love. F*ck real politik."
    Originally Posted by Michael Swayne
    I find Gypsy to be a very interesting person. In fact, when my hair grows out some more, Gypsy has already laid claim to it when I cut it again.

Every Anime Adult Swim has run has been nothing short of amazing, granted they do them in English, but I digress....

In no particular order: Venture Brothers, Lucy, Daughter of the Devil, Home Movies, Metalacalypse, Boondocks, Robot Chicken are all amazing. I'm pretty sad they didn't keep Lucy going, it was one of their best shows. I'm hoping they keep going with Robot Chicken, but since those guys are working on Titan Maximum now, who knows. :\ I also miss Harvey Birdman, Attorney at Law.

I haven't seen Titan Maximum yet, but I'm sure it's good.

Super Jail and Frisky Dingo aren't too bad.

I ****ing hate Tom Goes to the Mayor and Tim and Eric's Awesome Show, Great Job. WITH A PASSION.

I'm not a big fan of King of the Hill.

Love Family Guy.

Sadly these days Adult Swim just shows a bunch of shit except for on weekends. It pisses me off most of the time, and I rarely watch it. It drives me nuts when they get into live action programming, like showing episodes of the original Office, though it's not as bad as shit shows like Saul of the Molemen, anything Tim and Eric touch, Fat Guy Stuck in the Internet, etc.

I'm not really sure when I started watching Adult Swim, most of the programming was anime back then, and they had things like Brack, Space Ghost, Harvey Birdman and others going on at the time. The promos, like you said, were of the old people in a pool and the guy saying "All kids out of the pool." I was pretty young, like maybe 13-14, right around the time it started, I'd think.

Edit: OOOOH SHIT. I forgot they aired Mission Hill, that was a great show too.
    Last edited by Sean; 10-16-2009 at 02:00 AM.

All is One.One is All. Adult Swim on Cartoon Network Favorites Firefly's Avatar
    I started watching Adult Swim in 1999.Yea,I was super young..but I remeber watching it.I loved Inuyasha,Case Closed,Yuyu Hakishow(i know misspelled),Cowboy Bebop,and there is another I cant remember.These days they mostly have crap-worthy shows like that Eric Whatever Show,etc.Now I love Family Guy,Squidbillies,Inuyasha(when it is aired),American Dad,and Robot Chicken.I still miss the days of the anime filled Adult Swim.*sighs*
    ---------------------------------------------------
    My TFF Family:
    * My Awesome Older Brother, Judge Magistrate :]
    * Illusion :]
    * Cait Sith :]
    * My Sweet,Caring,Older Sister angelmarie190515 :]
    * My FF Twin, nickness89 :]
    * My Favorite Australian Cousin, NikkiLinkle :]
    * My Long Lost Cousin, Hero without a Name :]

***98% of all teens have tried smoking pot and drinking. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy this and put it in your signature.

Registered User Adult Swim on Cartoon Network Favorites
    I haven't watched Adult Swim in a looooooong time, mostly due to the fact that I lost my tv remote for a while, and also I lost interest in a lot of the programming that they decided to go with. I do still have my favorites though:

I remember my first love from Adult Swim was Cowboy Bebop. Good God, how I loved that show. It used to come on at 11 pm, and my bedtime was at 9, so I had to be sneaky just to watch it. It was totally worth it though.

Outlaw Star was another fantastic anime that I'm glad I got around to watching. I loved the world that it created, and the characters were pretty awesome. It wasn't Cowboy Bebop mind you, but it was still pretty fantastic. I probably shouldn't judge a show against another show anyway.

I'm sad to say that I only got to watch one run of Samurai Champloo, but it was a pretty decent anime, and I would have watched it again, but Adult Swim started pulling anime out of thier lineup when I got into that show. SC definately had some interesting things going for it, like the combination of a feudal Japan setting and a Rap soundtrack. Somehow, it really did work for the show.

I was really late in getting in on Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex, and it took I think the third run-through of the series before I actually sat down and got to watching it. I don't know why, I guess I was just getting burned out on so much television at once. Anyway, once I got to watch it, I loved it. I didn't get to watch the sequel series, because that's about the time that Adult Swim started pulling thier anime out of thier line-up.

For some reason, I loved Sealab 2021. I guess it appealed to the immature side of me. My favorites were Captain Murphy and Sparks, and I loved the episode when Murphy got his own pirate radio station. Even though I loved Sealab, I wasn't big on Frisky Dingo, even though those two shows were made by the same people.

Home Movies was hit or miss with me. Some episodes would be really good, while others would be on the meh side. It was an interesting show though, and the movies that Brendon and his friends made were sometimes really funny.

I watched Space Ghost Coast to Coast before it aired on Adult Swim. Same thing goes for Cartoon Planet. They're both really good for what they are, and I gotta say that some of the songs that were sung during Cartoon Planet are still stuck in my head.

I watched Full Metal Alchemist when it had it's run, but after the show ended and it started with the reruns, I didn't watch it again. I wasn't too big on it, but it was a decent anime. I can see why a lot of people would like it, but I couldn't really bring myself for a second run.

Last, but definately not least: The Venture Bros.! Haha! That show had me from episode one. I can't say that for a lot of shows that I like, but this one I knew had something awesome going for it the minute I saw it.

Well, that's all I can think of. Definately a lot of anime up there.
    Last edited by Dodie16; 01-31-2010 at 02:01 AM.
    Click at your own risk.:
    Proud Member of:
    Por Rorr Kitty9
    "Mess with us, and the claws come out!"
    Evil BAD Guys
    "Not just evil...not just bad...EVIL BAD!"
    The above userbar was made for me by FATE!!! He is awesome.
    The above banner was made for me by VIVIMASTERMAGE!!! He is awesome as well.

Soup Kitchen Jerk. Adult Swim on Cartoon Network Favorites Polk's Avatar
    The first season of Metalocalypse will probably go down as one of my favorite television seasons of all time. Even the music in that show was amazing. I fell out after that, and haven't been watching much of the show. I have most of the subsequent episodes saved on DVR, though, so I should get around to watching those eventually. In the same vein, Home movies was awesome, and anyone who doesn't believe me should watch the "Pizza club" episode.

I always liked Tom Goes to the Mayor and Tim and Eric Awesome Show, Great Job has its moments.

Venture Bros. is great. Another show I really haven't kept up with this season, despite having the episodes saved on my DVR. The yard sale episode. Need I say more?
    Let's go into the "archives" in "Washington D.C." and find out how people "masturbated" in the "roaring 20's."

Crao Porr Cock8. Bitch.

Blog Entries

Re: Adult Swim on Cartoon Network Favorites

I think I was gonna post in this thread a while ago, but I never did, for some reason. Eh. That's where necro-posting comes in handy!

Venture Bros. is quite possibly my favorite show that is still running (or one of my favorites...) I have seasons one through three on DVD (the third season being uncut, and somewhat disturbing in places, with the nudity and the penises...) I didn't even know there was a new season going on, however, due to the fact that I don't have cable. I hear that 24 has become a bad-ass though, 21 is a ghost (those are their numbers, right?) the boys are growing up now that they're not dying, and that Brock is hardly in it anymore. I really want to see it. Also, I remember having a dream that I was playing a game where you had to follow Brock around a battlefield and survive, and that it was really hard. Think it was inspired by the last two episodes of season 2, probably.

The rest of Adult Swim... Home Movies is friggen' hilarious. Metalocalypse is alternatively hilarious and disturbing as hell. Moral Orel pisses me off for obvious reasons. Tom Goes to the Mayor has always been boring to me. ATHF has its moments, although I think it was much better in the earlier seasons. I own the "Movie for Theatres," though, which I thought was pretty good. Squidbillies never appealed to me. I wish the creators of Harvey Birdman were still doing that, instead of Frisky Dingo (I think they were the ones who did that show. I think they stopped doing Harvey to do that show.) Sealab 2021 was pretty awesome at times. Space Ghost and the Brak Show were another couple of shows that "had their moments." I didn't like the Boondocks at first, but I came to appreciate it for what it was, kind of. It was funny sometimes. A lot of Adult Swim's original content otherwise is pretty terrible. Although I remember some new show with a drunken duck that was really weird, but fascinating to me at the same time. And that show about the Daughter of the Devil.

AS had some good anime. Cowboy Bebop is one of my favorite animes, as are Evangelion, Trigun, Bleach, etc. Ghost in the Shell was okay. Inuyasha was "DBZ for girls," but it was okay, too. 8th MS Team was really good, too. I think they ran Deathnote too, didn't they? Though I never saw it on Adult Swim. They had some good anime, which unfortunately didn't find enough of an audience for them to continue running them, apparently... except Bebop, which apparently is the anime that people who don't like anime like. Anyhoo...

Wuv, Yer Mom

Death Before Dishonor Adult Swim on Cartoon Network Favorites Josh_R's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I started watching adult swim a long time ago. I started watching it for the anime, but then newer shows that were funny as hell started coming on, now I watch it almost every night.

There is only one show that I have ever hated, and that is Moral Oral. Is the the stupidest f*cking show in the world. Honestly I would much rather watch one of Carlos Mencia's standups, or even his show.

I normally go to sleep rather early, but wake up to watch adult swim. Lately though I have been skipping robot chicken. It just doesn't seem as funny to me as it used, don't know why. On the weekend's all the good anime is on early as f*ck in the morning, which causes me to not watch it. Usually on saturdays I miss Bleach, like last night missed it. It pisses me off so much. Some shows that come on I don't worry about like FMA. I think it still comes on early in the morning, I have it on DVD so it doesn't bother me, but I don't have bleach so it pisses me off.

Metalocalypse I don't really have to say to much about. It f*cking ruled, and everyone knew it. I have the Dethklok cd, and I listen almost everytime that I work out. It rulez...

Sitting here waiting for Rocky, and Che to notice me!!

Rune Knight Adult Swim on Cartoon Network Favorites Trodorne's Avatar

im loving season 4 of the venture bros. especially when Kevin conroy (Batman series) was guest starring in an episode.