Thread: Open Challenge

Registered User Open Challenge Alex's Avatar

Open Challenge

I'd like to try this RPB, out.
    Anyone up for a fight? I'll be using my character Zuke.

He can use Ice and Water spells, as well as Slow and Cure.
    His Sword ability is called; The Corcoran Smash, which inflicts heavy damage!
    He wears the following weapons:
    Bow, 2 Daggers, The Queen ( A silver sword )
    _______

The clouds began to get darker, as if a heavy storm was coming. Zuke walked fast-paced on the narrow path throughout the forest, in fear of getting too wet when he returns to the village. As the road went on, he began to hear some strange noises. What could it be?
    "Hello?", he said with his eyes focused on the bushes.
    As he would expect, no one answered, so he continued. But yet again, he heard someone crawling in the bushes. Zuke lifted his long silver sword, and prepared for a fight.
    "Show yourself!"
    Last edited by Alex; 08-17-2011 at 01:11 AM.

Registered Uber Open Challenge Hobaginator's Avatar

Re: Open Challenge

(OOC you can find my character stats http://thefinalfantasy.net/forums/ro...istics-33.html character name Imp, an unholy flying demon)

"Imp appears to have found himself a delicious soul to devour!" Imp shrieked from behind the bushes. He leapt onto the path - spear-tipped tail swinging about like a bullwhip. "Young traveler, the sword you weild appears one of fine value. Why don't you hand that over to Imp so that he can bring it to his master? If you cooperate, I will only devour your nimble looking legs!" He howled with vicious laughter. His hands lit up with green hellfire. His beady eyes darted about crazily. "Dance!" He shrieked. With a flick of his clawed hand,
    - he launched a ball of searing flame at Zuke's feet.

"Filthy Imp!", Zuke screamed when hit by the flaming fireball. It launched him a few meters away and he ended up inside some bushes. I've got to get up, he said to himself. But where is the queen ? Has the Imp taken it ?
    Zuke got himself up in fear of losing his sword, when he got up, the Imp was nowhere to be seen.
    "Show yourself, you coward !", he armed himself with his two daggers while searching for the Imp in the vast green forest. Suddenly, he found the Imp behind a tree, with his sword in his hands. Without notice, Zuke aimed a slow - spell at the Imp. With the creature slowed, Zuke ran towards him and grabbed the sword back.
    "Ha! ", he shouted out with joy. "Weren't prepared for that, eh? "
    The slow - spell would soon come to an end, so he quickly took a light swing at the imp, cutting a big wound on it's chest.

(OOC you get one move per turn brah, but I'll roll with it)

Imp had been caught off guard while admiring the fine mortal worksmanship of his opponent's sword. The slow spell drained Imp's speed slighly, but not enough to allow him to leave himself completely open. From the look of satisfaction on his opponent's face, he must have believed that he had cut Imp's chest with the sword.
    "Your mistake is obvious, meatbag! The wound you see on my chest is a permanent scar, the mark of an unholy contract." He clicked his sharp claws together rapidly with a grin. "That fine sword swing did trim a few claws down a bit though..." A small amount of firey blood trickled from a finger. "But to no avail! Now I will punish you for your insolence!"
    Choosing to counter Zuke's slow spell with an attack that requires no movement speed,
    -Imp uses Screech!
    "I WILL MAKE YOU SUFFER GREATLY HUMAN!" He howled with the intensity of a dragon's roar.

( Oh, I didn't know, I'll remember that )

Imp's roar echoed through Zuke's head, he dropped his sword as he covered his ears from the horrible screech. "Ahhh !", he screamed. "Stop it !"
    But the Imp wouldn't stop, he continued and saw how Zuke suffered. Eventually, he had to save himself from the endless screech, so he quickly grabbed his sword and ran deeper into the forest. The screech stopped, apparently the Imp started to follow him. Zuke ran for his life, this wasn't just an ordinary Imp, this was something greater ... Day turned to night and Zuke were lost in the endless forest. He thought about his sister, Kayla, inside the city walls of Corcora. Is she worried? Of course, it's Kayla, he thought for himself while leaning towards a small tree. Suddenly, he felt some kind of heat on his chest, he took a closer look and saw some blood dripping off his light leather armor. It must've been from the Imp's fireball. Where could the creature be now, would he still be looking for him ... ?

Imp watched Zuke from above, gliding through the night skies as he followed Zuke dashing and winding throughout the forest. The human was tiring himself out from running away instead of battling.
    "This creature hasn't even taken a strong blow and yet he runs." Imp reflected to himself aloud. "Perhaps the human race is even more cowardly than the imps of hell!" He chuckled grimly. "Devouring souls in this plane of existence will be easier than Imp originally expected!"
    Imp descended to the ground behind Zuke.
    "Human! You are hardly worth devouring! Why do you carry such a sword and yet limit yourself with the fear to use it?" Imp noticed the grimace on Zuke's face and the trickling blood. He grinned to himself with satisfaction. "Hellfire, boy. That wound will not heal without special attention." Imp's mouth lit up with green fire behind rows of needly teeth. "Such a fair skinned lad as yourself could not bear the pain of another burn!" He roared with laughter. "There is none to save you now, child. You will die in this forest."
    - Imp spits a wave of hellfire directly at Zuke's eyes.

Zuke quickly turned around as he discovered Imp's presence, he took up the Queen and held it with a firm grip, ready to attack.
    "Human! You are hardly worth devouring! Why do you carry such a sword and yet limit yourself with the fear to use it?", Imp said with a certain fire in his eyes. "You don't know anything, foul creature!", Zuke answered back.
    "This sword is ... is ... special, to me"
    Imp looked amused, did he enjoy Zuke's suffering ? Suddenly, the Imp spitted out a wave of hellfire. The forest turned red, but this time Zuke wouldn't escape. He acted fast, what was opposite to fire? Water !
    "Ego voco te, deus aquae!", Zuke sheated the queen while pronouncing the water spell, a circle of water appeared around him, shooting the hellfire down with millions of small water projectiles, while damaging Imp.
    The water spell ceased and Zuke was quite amazed over his effort, this was the first time he ever used the spell.
    "Imp ... Prepare for a fight"

"AHHHH! The PAIN!" Imp howled, squirming and writhing. Steam rose from his body. He screamed dramatically before finally coming to a rest, shivering face down in the mud...