Thread: Inverse Sol and Luna (Me vs Loner-Kid)

Twilight's Enigma Inverse Sol and Luna (Me vs Loner-Kid) Sato Arashi's Avatar

Inverse Sol and Luna (Me vs Loner-Kid)

It was mid-day, Kivorav wandered on an open plain that seems endless. His face was grimmed at the fact that he still had no way of entering the demonic realm so that his revenge can be completed. Am I bound to roam here forever? Kivorav thought, but quickly shook his head. He can't give up, besides,he can have all eternity if he wants to. He sighted a dirt road and slumped his shoulders in a sigh of relieve. Out of his coat, he pulled out a leather cowl and hung it over his left shoulder, as it shrouded his entireleft side, his demonic hertiage. He starts to walk down the road, unaware a figure far ahead was in sight.

Dozens of shadows starts to ooze out of the ground and take form of ugly beasts. "So, you're the Destroyer of Life, the exiled demon, Kivorav!" One of the beasts called out, pointing a dagger-like weapon at him. Kivorav stops suddenly and turns around, scowling with crismon red eyes.

"Are you threatening me with a knife? You minor demons are pathetic." Kivorav said in a cold, menacing tone. The demon stumbled back a bit then began to charge at Kivorav, poised to impale him. "You're a fool..." Kivorav muttered as he side-stepped from the charge and kicked the demon, sending it flying. The other minor demons began to charge at Kivorav all at once, only for their lives to be ended by Kivorav's left arm. His left arm starts to be covered in a red aura and Kivorav made a cross slash with a step advance. All the demons fell to the ground and white apparations began to rise from the bodies and get absorbed into Kivorav's left arm.

"Thank you for the meal." Kivorav said coldly as he fixed the cowl back on and continued his way.

The joke is far too true Inverse Sol and Luna (Me vs Loner-Kid) loner-kid's Avatar
    Erika sat on the long grass of the plain, the heavy midday sun burning down on her lightly armored torso. Lancier was balanced neatly on her knees, like the first glimmering ray of light at dawn. Her eyes were closed and a sour look permeated her delicate features. She wanted to fly. To streach out her wings and soar into the endless blue sky. To travel unfettered by the chains of the ground. Erika sighed, the torn and broken stumps were a constant painful reminder of what she had lost. In the end it didn't make any difference how she travelled there was no where in the world she wanted to be. The journey was an excuse, a distraction, there to pass however long she had left in this life.

Her eyelid flickered as an unfamiliar wave of energy swept over the burning plains. It was a course burning energy that engulfed the senses in a cloying brackish pestilance. She could feel the screams as writhing souls were dragged into the vortex of decaying energy. It was over whelming, the cacophony of the dead and dying drowning out the tranquil whisper of the astral plane. Erika staggered to her feet, one hand pressed firmly against her aching head. With a deep breath she suppressed the pain, forcing it down into her sub conscious. She turned her head to the road that lay ahead of her. The energy had come from there, she could still feel the tremors it had left in its wake. With a swift motion she swung lancier before her almost serene face. She muttered no words of prayer nor screams of glory, she merely readied herself for the fight that would come.

Kivorav stopped in his tracks when he heard a high pitch scream coming towards him. The leader regained conciousness and was charging at Kivorav. "I will kill you, and become something far greater than a minor demon!" The leader yelled out. Kivorav grabs the weapon that sat on his back with his right hand and slams it down on the skull of the leader.

"You can always bring me an entire army, but that won't stop me! Bring me the greatest general and that should be enough." Kivorav taunted, only to stop as a feeling went down his spine. "There's another presence..." Kivorav muttered to himself, deciding to investigate it. He hides behind a tree that were sparse in the open plains. Making sure that his is fully covered, Kivorav peeeks out and saw a womanly figure standing. "This aura, an angel? At a time like this?" Kivorav whispered to himself and observed the person more, she's armed, she probably noticed him by now.

The joke is far too true Inverse Sol and Luna (Me vs Loner-Kid) loner-kid's Avatar
    Erika strode down the road her keen mind already searching out for potential threats, she could sense only one presence. It was a strange aura, veins of black and red riddled its surface and it seemed to pulse slowly. But there was something else, something far worse that lay beyond the strange aura. A blackened tear stretched across the astral plain, it distorted and consumed the space around it like a glutonous parasite that feeds till the moment its host dies. Erika held a hand to her stomach as a wave af nausea shivered through her body. She gave off a small groan, focusing intently on her left hand.

"Abomination" she muttered, energy spiraling into her palm. It began to take shape, weaving itself together like so many strands in a cotten sheath. Light writhed in a sphere of burning magic. It grew in intensity shining like a miniture sun with small rivlets of energy bursting from its radient exterior like solar flares. She screamed, one high pitched note of pain and anger that echoed through the lonely air. With that scream came the release of the pent up star, it hurtled towards the distortion scorching the world around it into an ivory hue.

Kivorav watched continued to watch. He saw the woman writhe as if in pain, but it was without answer of why. His attention jolted to what was forming at the woman's left hand. It grew bigger and stronger, until a high pitched screaming hit him hard. He fell to his knees and covered his right ear. "So...This, is an angel's scream." Kivorav studdered. He looks over and saw the ball of energy coming at him.

Kivorav imediately backflips to try and dodge the ball of energy, but it continued to follow. It burned through the tree he was hiding behind, leaving a hole in the trunk. As he continues to backflip, the ball got too close that it starts to burn the leather cowl. Distraunted by this, Kivorav cuts down at the ball with his weapon and took off the leather cowl on his left arm.

Erika watched as a figure leapt out of the trees, slashing visciously at the ball of energy she'd hurled at him. The man stood for a while, before tearing off the burning leather cowl that covered his arm. Erikas' eyes narrowed dangerously. 'Demon!' The arm that had been revealed was a twisted mass of demonic fleash covered in a heavy looking plate exoskeleton. Only a demon would use such a fool hardy weapon like the monstrosity that lay before her. She would purge the calamity from existance before it could do any more damage to the unstable astral plain.
    She began to pace towards the man activating a flurry of glyphs in a flash of golden light. Her pace began to quicken, rapidly rising into a full sprint that left a silvery blur across the air. She struck forward with lancier, sending a pulse of golden light along the length of the elegant weapon. It would hit him in the stomach, if he wasn't fast enough to dodge or block, and the burst of energy would sear into the wound with holy retribution.

Kivorav watched the woman charge at him, drawing symbol in front of her which made her faster. He could barely see her, but he can still react. He held his weapon in front of him while side stepping to the right, allowing the lancier glance off to the left. "I see, you're a fallen angel, the same position I'm in. Back off, I have no intentions of fighting you." Kivorav said in a monotous tone. After he said that, he shoved the lancier off with immense strength, attempting to throw the woman's balance off.

Erika grunted in dissapointment as she felt lancier glide past the man into thin air 'so the bastard was quick enough to dodge my strike' she thought, adjusting her balence for the obvious counter attack. She couldn't draw herself back just yet, her body was already committed to her first attack and it would take some effort to stop herself without activating more glyphs. The man struck out, his hand connecting with the silvery metal lance and throwing it off to the side. Erika spun on the spot detatching the elegant blade from the centre of the lance and slashing with the combined force of the momentum and her own strength

After he shoved the lance out of the way, Kivorav watched the woman spun and took out what seems a sword out of the lance. As the woman began to slash at Kivorav, he continues to block the slash while ducking and side-stepping a couple of strikes. "Fool..." Kivorav muttered as he held his weapon in front of him. It started to grow an aura of crismon red and starts changing shape. It grew smaller until it took form of a short sword with thorn-like blades on the side.
    Last edited by Sato Arashi; 07-14-2009 at 11:40 AM.

ooc: I'll write something later but I think you misunderstood my post a wee bit. The lance is knocked away to one side, because she expects a counter as a lance strike leaves you very vunerable to attack she turns the force of the motion into a spin on the spot. While spinning she detatches the sword from the lance and strikes down at kivorav, this is a fluid motion completed in one full turn