Thread: Crossing the threshold

Crossing the threshold

OoC: This place seemed kinda empty so I thought id brighten it up by starting my first RPB. Its open to all and ill be using my character Velox. If anything about her is too god-moddish let me know and ill change it. This battle is open to all but will be 1 on 1 unless its decided to bring more fighters in later.

Velox stood up and looked around. The sun was beginning to really reach its heat and the light looked beautiful as it permeated through the trees. Small pools of sunlight surrounded her in the forest as she continued looking for more herbs. It was midsummer and even though it was early morning it was already beginning to feel quite hot. She walked a few steps into a pool of light, the grass slightly brushing the soles of her feet, feeling the warmth cascade down her neck arms and feet. She stooped to pick up some Shiso, but, finding it slightly too young to pick yet, cast a small haste spell. She watched as the plant grew, its life cycle speed up rapidly, and picked it when it looked just right.

It was times like these that she enjoyed being alone in the forest. She had time to enjoy the simple pleasures of life. From here she could see the clearing where she had been practicing her throwing skills all morning. Knives and shuriken littered the clearing and the big target in the middle was riddled with a multitude of them. Her morning session had been short due to the warm weather and her good mood. She checked her whip was securely fastened to her side and started to head off towards a nearby stream to rinse the small amount of herbs she had gathered that morning still held in her gloved hand. She brushed some white hair out of her eyes but paused, hand still level with her head. She had heard something.

Smiling, she turned around expecting to see a deer skitting through the forest. Her smile vanished.

"The False Hero" Crossing the threshold Cloudx7xstrife's Avatar
    Well this Seems interesting to see this on this site. I used to RPB on myspace with groups. I had the largest army on myspace. Lets see if i still have it.

Silently Walking towards was a blond Spikey haired fellow. He thrusted his large sword into the ground knelt down to pick up some dirt and rubbed it into in his hands and stood back up. He took up his large sword again and there seemed to be 2 large round rocks lodged into the sword. His Eyes glowed a strange blue-ish green. He started walking again in your direction as he stares at you not knowing what to expect.

Velox tensed up.
    'This guy isnt just some lost traveler' she thought to herself. She bent down a carefully put her herbs down, unfurling her whip as she rose. It tumbled to the ground unwinding like some kind of sleeping serpent. It's three heads glittered in the sunlight. She felt for her pouch of throwing weapons.
    'Crap' she thought realization dawning on her, 'I've left most of them in the clearing.' her eyes darting to the side then coming back to rest on the mysterious stranger. She smiled inwardly.
    ‘Hopefully he wont be such a bad guy,’ she thought again, ‘he’s kinda cute.’ The stranger finished rubbing dirt into his hands.
    ‘Maybe I should keep my guard up after all’

She flung her arm to her side, her whip launching itself into the air, and pulled it back sharply as the whip reached its limit, creating a loud crack in the air.
    ‘Who are you and what brings you this far into the forest?’ she called with a demanding note in her voice. She silently shifted into a defensive stance and started to concentrate.

A bird called from the trees.

He continues walking slowly uneffected by the crack of the whip. " What makes you question me? I can ask you the same thing." He stated with a slight grin appearing on his face." Now now, First impression is everything. wouldnt want me to get the wrong idea." His grin turned into an evil smile. he is getting closer to her now with every step.

OoC: If this counts as two attacks/moves for my go I'll gladly edit it.

The man didn’t stop advancing.
    ‘Crap’ she thought, ‘I’m gonna have to fight him.’ Concentrating she cast a protect spell over herself and ran towards some nearby trees and bushes.
    ‘That sword looks too strong and big for me to counter it head on’ she grunted. As she neared the shrubbery, the warmth disappearing as she passed into light shadow, she dived and threw a shuriken at the stranger hoping to divert or scare him off.
    ‘I have to use these wisely, I only have a few left’ she muttered under her breath as she crouched behind the bush and focused trying to decide what to do next.

OoC: Its completely fine with me.

He heard the whistling of the shuriken coming torwards him. He closed his Eyes, a small breeze of wind passed by him and the green rock in his second slot shined. The shuriken came to a halt( He casted the magic "Stop"). " Little toys arent very impressive now. Is It my turn yet?" He said with a chuckle under his voice. The green rock shined again as he thrusted His large sword into the ground. The ground started to get really hot and all the tree's and plants of the forest start to shrivel and burn up from its roots up(He casted Fire3 into the ground). The attack cleared a 50 foot diameter circle around us." Hide and seek games dont cut it with me." He said as he finally started to open his eyes.

The bush in front of Velox burst into flame, its leaves shrivelling into brown surrounded by a red, orange and yellow hue. She cursed loudly.
    'Dammit, I may have to try a more direct approach." She checked her protect status and decided it should hold for a little longer. It was time to attack while it still lasted. Concentrating she cast a haste spell on her self.
    Immediately the whole world seemed to slow down. The man was moving much more slowly and the flames that were dying out were flickering very slowly.
    'That’s more like it' she thought.
    She leapt off the ground and ran within striking distance of the man and began to launch a flurry of strikes around him, hoping to catch him off guard and land a few strikes to slow him down and weaken him.

The First blow hit and swelled. he thought to himself."This girl has the same access to magic as i do?" He quickly casted haste upon himself taking another hit in the process. the physical hits do not affect him that much seeing as he was used to it. He forced up his large sword in the way of her attacks as she struck it endlessly. In the mists of the attacks he chose i nice time to attack and swung his sword at her during a short pause in her attacks.

OoC: Just to remind you even everage length bullwhips are 2 or 3 metres in length, keeping out of an average swords reach, mine is slightly longer longer but I should have elaborated that in her bio, but meh no worries^^

His sword came out of nowhere swinging towards her; he had somehow blocked her strike and before she could take it in had attacked her. She felt the pressure of it hitting her protect spell slowing it down and absorbing some of the blows power a split second before she jumped to the side out of the way. Heavily breathing she smiled for a moment before a look of agony crossed her face and dropped to one knee. She looked down to find her shirt soaked with blood at her waist. She lifted it to find a sizeable gash freely bleeding.
    ‘Such power.’ she muttered, casting a stop spell on the wound halting the blood flow. She winced as she stood up again.
    ‘He moved so fast, even compared me under haste. ‘What is he?’ She thought about how he had been attacking, she looked around at the burnt lifeless forest. The ground was blackened and still smoking. It smelt of ashes and smoke, a few small shrubs were smouldering behind her while stumps of burnt trees crackled, embers still burning inside. The sun now fell freely into the new clearing, unrestrained by any leaves or branches. A thought jumped into her mind as she felt her protect spell sputter and wink out.
    ‘Now while I still can.’ she whispered. She threw a shuriken and a kunai slightly to the warriors left and lunched a blind spell at him as she ran wide to his right as she prepared her next move.

OoC: You know what the ribbon does right? Assuming that your on tff, you do.

Cloud smiled as he took in a breath smelling the burnt remains of the tree and plants that once used to be a forest. The river was almost dried up from the heat evaporating it. The hit that cloud took to the face was begining to swell even more, he soon wouldnt be able talk clearly. The ribbon on his left arm sparkled as it blew away the blind spell. Cloud Seen her coming from his left and jumped back before she or your throwing knives had a chance to get close enough to him. in mid air he casted a Ice 3 spell in her crossing. After touching ground he fell to his knee. "ugh....?" cloud held his right side of his torso with his free arm.' that second punch.... she is no average human.... need to be a bit more careful.' he thought to himself as the pain surged through his body.

‘Crap’ she shouted ‘He knew exactly where I was heading and what I was doing, and he blocked my spell.’ She coughed and tasted blood in her mouth. The stop spell was fading, soon her wound would be bleeding openly again. She felt a bit better after seeing the man clutch his side in pain.
    ‘At least I’m having some kind of effect even if my spells aren’t working. I need to focus on my attacks.’ she muttered ‘I know just the one’ She breathed in heavily, closing her eyes, feeling her side well up in pain. Grunting she ignored it and continued to concentrate. Suddenly she opened her eyes and started sprinting towards the blonde haired man. About half way towards him she finished her spell and cast Vanish upon herself disappearing from view completely.

In shock cloud stood up swallowing the pain from his side. he Looked all around not being able to see her anywhere in the wide open plain. He didnt know what to expect. He sound throught ' i need to get of the open, i can hide in the rest of forest and take care of any attacks on the way'. He started to dart to his left to reach the forest.

The man launched himself towards the forest and Velox followed right behind him. She was slowly gaining on him due to her lack of armour and heavy weaponry. The edge of the ring of destruction was getting nearer and she knew her haste would run out any time now. If that happened or the man reached the wood she would lose him. She pushed herself harder.
    ‘Its now or never.’ she said to herself, the world a blur passing her by. She flung her whip out in front of her attempting to wrap it around the mans neck.
    ‘I’ll choke the life out of him before I lose or give up any of my secrets’ she growled.

Cloud grabbed The floating shuriken from earlier when he used the stop spell on it as he passed by it while running for the forest. Cloud had to think quickly as the forest got closer he had a bad feeling the it would get harder to reach. Cloud heard the crack of the whip and before he could do anything about it it his wrapped around his neck and it pulled him back and he fell to the ground. time was closing in. Cloud quickly pulled out the 2 materia from his sword and dropped his sword to the ground. He placed one materia inside the shuriken hole and held onto the other one. He grabbed onto the whip with the hand the was holding the materia to save himself from choking to death yet.'hear goes nothing, either im free of the whip or its over. he thought to himself as he threw the shuriken in the direction the whip was coming from. He activated the magic Ultima right before it reached the handle and green shards shot out all over the place tearing up anything it touches. Cloud with the other materia in hand activated shell before the magic got to him but it wasnt enough to stop it all.

OoC: I decided its a good time to end after a point blank Ultima^^ and I think ambiguous endings are always good. Feel free to write out your character or finish this how you like if you want.

Velox couldn’t react in time. The explosion enveloped her. It felt like the whole world was crushing her, her body seared in pain. She screamed but it didn’t help. There was a bright light, white and burning, it imprinted on her eyes and was all she could see. Then there was black.

The wind picked up and carried ashes over the body. The clothes were stained black and torn. Blood covered most of the previously green and brown clothes. A stray piece of grass brushed the soles of her feet resting on the blackened earth. Slowly her body raised off the ground and came to rest floating slightly above the cracked, destroyed ground.
    Last edited by You; 12-15-2008 at 10:13 AM.

OoC: good fight^^ Very clean and no godmoding went on(that i know of unless i did D: ).

The battle was over.' Not the way i had expected it but...' cloud thought to himself. His own spell took a big hit on him. he tried to get up but it was no use. He fell backwards with a sigh of relief. "can i finally come in?" he questioned what seemed to be himself. he closed his eyes and started to lift into the sky. his body turned back into life energy and he returned to the planet.

No blade matches mine........ Crossing the threshold DARKSLAYN's Avatar

my turn i guess

a man with a thin sword and spiking long hair was walking down a path through a misty forest to the mountain up ahead. as he walked toward the mountain up ahead he thought to himself"maybe i should take a rest."he sat down on a fallen branch and started to eat the fruits on the trees