Thread: Cries of a Dark Soul (open to anyone who wants a challange)

Lone Wolf Cries of a Dark Soul (open to anyone who wants a challange) Darkwolf's Avatar

Cries of a Dark Soul (open to anyone who wants a challange)

Before I start my opening post, I'll be using Dragoth. I do have some rules to use in this battle, please only accept if you agree to them or contact me if you want to negotiate.
    1) only one weapon must be used, that means no sub-weapons
    2) no magic
    3) no limit breaks, although basic skills are allowed (unless magic of course)

This would be the desicription of the dynamic battlefield:

The battle starts out in a very desolate blackened earth, small crack are scattered across the ground as two lonely, dead trees stand within view. Clouds, a very dark shade of grey pass over as the wind whips any loose thing around, not violently, but a persistent breeze that sends chills to any normal person, the aura of this place is so horrible that some people are known to fall to their knees and cry when they enter it, being forced to go around this horrible, deserted place. At the time of the battle, the clouds begin as normal, but they seem to start a very slow, but noticable spiral. The world seems to be this battle's sole witness.

As the battle moves on, I have a plan to make the cracks widen, as the ground itself heats up. As it does, a very dull and greyish orange glow comes from it, the clouds build up as a great spiral, at least a mile high of just cloud, forming a circle above the battlefield. The tension in the air would build, until finally a burst of flame would shatter the ground, and as the earth itself breaks apart and molten rock lies underneath, forming a great circular pool with rocks about 4' in diameter for the fighters to use to their advantage. There isnt a shortage of them, but there is enough space in between them for one fighter to fall in, or be pushed in.

A side note, I know my character, Dragoth is a fire elemental. I will make an exception as he wouldnt be able to use magic, he would be vulnerable to heat, although he has slightly more resistance than a normal character.

I hope to get a response. I'd love to get a battle going as soon as possible as the people I currently am battling dont seem to post much anymore. To contact me, either use tff pm system or I have windows live messenger, my email that I use for that is [email protected]

~~~Now, for my intro~~~~~

Black eyes raised to the heavens, the grey, empty heavens as this place showed no sign of good. There stood Dragoth, and his demonic partner Akilroth. Both of them yearned for a good fight, these desolate grounds showed no sign of one, though. He felt a sense of home in this place. This feeling was odd, as this place couldnt even be a suitable place for him, nowhere seemed to feel like home anymore. Yet, this place seemed to reflect his darkness. He smiled as he took a step forward, his heavy boot falling to the earth and making it seem to crumble a little as he kept moving on. Akilroth had been silent, maybe he was sleeping for now or something. "I'm sorry, there is no blood for you here..." he said in a calm tone to his demonic blade.

He, too, was bored of this world already. There seemed to be nobody that would be a challange to him, and even if there were, he could not find them. His soul seemed to fade with the blankness of this place. He only sighed at this. There seemed to be nothing for him here, not just this specific place, but nothing more to life. He almost accepted that he was fading. These could be his final days. This place, a fitting place for him to die. He didnt mind, though. The pain Akilroth was facing these days was intensifying. He didnt just want blood anymore, he needed it. Both of them would leave this sad world, their time would finally be over. After all of those years of living as dark, evil souls.

He smiled, for the first time no intention of evil was meant. He was moving on, to an eternal sleep that would finally comfort him. His head tilted even more to the skies. He saw this place no longer as desolate, but his home. He finally found it, after all these years. This was his place where he would fade...and live on in sleep. Inside his darkness...for an eternity.

Those same black eyes, now seemed to change to a grey, with a slight blue tint in it. These were the eyes he was born with, but as his life only brought him pain as a normal being, he became dark. His eyes reflected this, but now he was himself again. He was still dark, but he realized that he was happy, after so long, so much torture to his soul. So many smiles that came from the cries of another. This was the first time he was happy in so long... ironically most humans would be afraid of death. Dragoth embraced it, as his final calling.
    Last edited by Darkwolf; 10-29-2007 at 04:14 PM.

Cries of a Dark Soul (open to anyone who wants a challange) Red's Avatar
    OOC: I will take you on, and I should start posting more regularly here at TFF, so you can expect a good fight with not too much waiting. I will be using my character Kai, and I hope for a good fight.

Kai walked miles until he found the Earth was getting less Green. he kept wandering around wondering what this aura was he was feeling. The sky was dark, The Sun and moon were both blanketed by dark Grey clouds which seemed to fill the sky. Kai kept on walking, interested by this weird sensation.

Kai took a step when suddenly his foot seemed to jerk slightly, this was when he looked down at the ground and realized all the tiny cracks that this Earth was made up of. he knew this could be a tough terrain to travel on...even worse to fight on.

Kai's heart pounded as this feeling of great dark energy was upon him, he was getting excited and crazed for battle. Kai's blood boiled as he got closer and closer to the darkness awaiting him, without noticing his walked turned into a light jog, and then into a full out sprint. Kai was quick and within minutes he was within sight of the opponent that stood before him. Kai pulled his sword from his sheath, and reached for his Kunais. to his surprise his Kunais were unable to move. he found this peculiar and instead put out his left arm and clenched a fist, his hand began to glow an Orangish Redish colour, but as soon as it started glowing, it left. "This is interesting, looks like there will be some sort of handicap for this battle...I'm intrigued." said Kai aloud to his opponent. he began to walk toward his opponent until he was only about 6 meters away. he got into his usual fighting position, knees bent sword outstretched and ready for battle.

"let's get this over with" announced Kai, and the battle began.

Lone Wolf Cries of a Dark Soul (open to anyone who wants a challange) Darkwolf's Avatar
    "Ah, there you are" he said as his eyes seemed to raise from the ground up with that look of hatred. He put his hand on Akilroth, still cold from sleep. He pounded on it's pommel and suddenly an energy whipped his hair back a little. Akilroth was awake. He raised his hand. "Now, feel the fury of my power!" Dragoth's voice echoed as yellow energies seemed to whip out of his hand, only to be thinned to nothing within 2 feet. Intrigued, he said "The Daemons seem to have some twists for us."

He rushed forward, one leg pulsing before the next. He put Akilroth horizontally to his side and took one diagonally upward swing, ending his rush behind his opponent, still a fair distance away to not be in reach of that blade of the man's.

Above, a very small opening seemed to start in the sky. An ember, falling from the clouds and touching the dry, cracked ground as a small flame burst from it and then burnt out as quickly as it started. the hint of fire seemed to be so slight yet, that nobody realized it, although this would be a precurser to a land that would come alive one last time.
    Last edited by Darkwolf; 11-25-2007 at 03:29 PM.

Kai stood still and watched as his opponent stood up and pulsated with energy, his energy disappeared as soon as it appeared just like Kai's. Kai knew now that this battle area was not meant for magic, but for brute physical strength, he was fine with this.

Kai's opponent began to charge at him, he was faster than he looked, he held a unique sword to his side and gripped it tightly, the sword seemed to glow with a radiant energy unknown to Kai, but he could tell that it's thirst for blood grew more and more as it got closer to him. Kai's enemy Dragoth was closer than ever now and he swung his mighty sword upwards toward Kai's face. Kai put his shoulder down and rolled to his right to avoid the range of Dragoth's sword Akilroth.

Kai rocked on the uneasy ground until he was away from his rival, he crouched and was in a defensive position immediately after the roll. he held his sword upright and faced his opponent, Dragoth was too far away for another attack so instead Kai inspected the battlefield. The ground was dry, full of cracks, it looked as though it would break apart any minute, although Kai doubt it would have happened anytime soon, or at least not for a few minutes. Kai suddenly noticed a flame combust then disappear right next to him, he didn't kept his eyes of Dragoth, but just used his peripherals, he also saw three more flames grow around him much like the first one.

Kai knew this was going to be an interesting fight and kept his eye on Dragoth and his companion, his sword.

"Why do you not strike? All you did was roll around and avoid my attack. Pathetic Human" Dragoth uttered with complete hate as his intent. He raised his blade to the man and took one step forward. "Come, Akilroth wishes a good fight, and this land awaits it's show, would you deny all of us such a fight that has been deserved for far too long?" He took two more steps forward, until he was in striking distance of the man.

Just as he did so, he noticed a small red ember fall in front of his face. He caught it with his left palm, and watched it burn out. His fist clenched, decimating the ashes, and he uttered "So that is what is to come, a true show indeed"

On a whim, he decided to clench Akilroth with both hands, raised his arms, and came down with a might that would crush the man, but he stopped midway, and with a speed that seemed like teleportation itself, he came behind the man facing away, he spun around and took one diagonal strike downward, trying to force this man to fight.

After this attack, he seemed to once again "appear" in front of the man, a few feet away where it would be a few steps before he could strike. Dragoth knew this tactic took too much energy out of him to be a long lasting effective technique, but it was a great way to show the man the power of his deathbringer.

Dragoth smiled to show the vamperic-like teeth of an evil one, and his eyes turned not black but a deep crimson red. This was Dragoth at his finest, Dragoth and Akilroth bonded as one, for their greatest finale, although he may not even end his journey here. Dragoth had decided that the world was his, if he was to finish this man. His lust for dark deeds once again sparked into a raging flame that is incomparable to anything he'd ever felt before.

Fire, raining from the heavens. The clouds beginning to circle. Finally, a land whose behavior only the Great Daemons could predict. This was the perfect setting for Dragoth. His fire, which had given him a power that seemed to be unmatched, was gone. This was the setting that Dragoth could grow in strength from. This was a great step forward, or a step leading to the falling on one powerful being, dark and tormented since some of his earliest years.

This was it, the Sudden Death card that fell in Dragoth's face, and his intentions were the greatest he'd ever had. Wholeheartedly, that is if he had a heart, he decided to grow into the greatest and most powerful being this pathetic world would ever see. A small flame seemed to glow in Dragoth's eyes. No being could ever tell what would happen next, but the fire of dark ambition grew into a raging inferno. Sudden Death, Dragoth would have to play against the odds, and his mind was set on winning.
    Last edited by Darkwolf; 11-26-2007 at 06:27 PM.

Kai kept in his crouching position until the dark beast in front of him grew impatient. He charged after Kai and stopped in front of him to deliver an attack with his deadly sword, fortunately for Kai he saw through the bluff and spun around to defend himself from the downward swing of Akilroth, Kai held up his sword in a diagonal position holding it on either end with both hands, the two swords clanged together and Kai was sent back wards a few inches from the impact. The attack was no over, Kai once again sensed his mighty opponents presence quickly whipping to Kai's back. Kai knew he couldn't defend against this one, he was still recovering from the slight recoil he got from his opponents blade. Kai made a snap decision and leaped up high into the air, and spun to face his opponent, Kai grabbed his Kunai's and went to throw one...to his surprise it vanished the moment he threw it. Kai landed a few meters away from his opponent, and felt safe once again.

"This guy's tough" thought Kai," far faster, and even stronger than I imagined,this battle will take some skill, but I defiantly wont lose this one!" Kai wiped some dirt from his face, and spat at the ground. " from now on, there's no holding back, I'm giving you everything I got!". Kai once again got into his defense position although not for long, for soon he would lunge out at the dark beast in front of him. Kai planted his feet in the ground although, something was not right...the ground seemed to sink in and was weaker than normal, the clouds in the sky formed a spiral that seemed to taunt Kai and torment him with wonder of what would happen soon. Kai shook away the thought and drew his Dragonic Blade at the enemy.

with one foot in front of the other Kai carefully and swiftly sprinted over to his enemy, Kai noticed a storm of embers floating through the air as he rushed by, he knew that something bad was about to happen very soon, but again he brushed off the thought and focused on the target in front of him. Kai was within striking distance of his opponent so he quickly slid at him with his sword outward, point facing Dragoth. after his infamous slide strike, Kai was behind his opponent and quickly spun around with his sword out to face him and with the intent of slicing his side. after the end of the slash Kai pulled back his sword then thrust it forward, an attack that could be lethal if aimed right.

A flash of light shone in Dragoth's eyes, a reflection of the Dragonic blade that was Akilroth's enemy. "Heh, this will be fun"

He took Akilroth, and aimed to block the first strike, and in that instant which showed life or death, this moment that Dragoth lived for, he raised his arm and blocked the inital impact of the blade. He turned and saw a second strike, which he kept Akilroth pointed down and let the blade hit him, a thrusting move was made right after which Dragoth side-stepped and only felt damage done to his heavy coat. "Worthless..." He looked down to Akilroth's handle, and then up his arm. Crimson had touched the demon blade's handle. Dragoth had bled. He observed that the cut was fairly shallow but was of his upper arm, apparently the dashing strike had done damage after all.

"You had better savor this moment, as it will be the last time you ever touch me!"

He ran forward, turned, and did one great upward swipe at the man. As a second move, he swung at the man's head with great strength, and lastly, his eyes burning with fury, he moved behind the man and took his greatest swing at the man's torso. He ended with two steps away from the man. The sky swirling in a steady but still slow pace, the air feeling heavier than before, although only annoyingly noticable. The ground was sinking and cracking with each step. The land's fury would be known soon enough...

Kai was several feet away from his opponent and he noticed that he made him bleed. a small gashed opened in Dragoth's arm, and was dripping blood. this cut wasn't as big as he'd wanted it to be, but Kai decided he'd just have to make do. he watched Dragoth carefully as his piercing gaze looked Kai straight in the eyes...only this time, his eyes were full of hatred and fury.

Dragoth Raced toward Kai in a blind rage and swung his sword upward in a quick motion, Kai had barely any time to dodge the attack and was knocked off guard and sent to the ground. Kai hit the ground hard, and only had just enough time to notice the second wave of the attack coming directly at his skull. Kai leaned back until he rolled completely backwards and on his feet. just when Kai had gotten up he realized the enemy had vanished from his sight. that's when he felt his presence behind him, he knew this routine all too well. "I can't let his teleportation act get the best of me this time." thought Kai to himself. Kai hadn't the time to defend himself in any way so he would have to make do with evasive actions to the best of his ability. Kai quickly arched his back, his light body armor molded to his shirt and skin as he contorted in his flexible manor, Akilroth violently scraped at the thin layer of armor with it's steel body as it cut through the air quickly and powerfully. The mighty beast's sword cut up Kai's body armor but managed not to put a scratch on Kai...at least not the part of his back that was covered by the body armor. a section of his back was left unprotected, and Kai was cut deep. it wasn't a large wound, only an inch, more or less, but it was deep and dark blood oozed out almost immediately.

Kai took a step forward then turned swiftly to face his oponent. he stood with his back arched from the pain, fire suddenly shot in his eyes and he became filled with adrenaline. "Shoot" Kai exclaimed. "I can't let that happen again." he though, and with that he gripped his sword and howled with fury.

Kai wanted to make this next attack quick, so he took his sword with only his right arm and made 3 quick lunges at his opponents head torso and thighs, these stabs were quick and very precise. after this attack he brought his sword up above his head and in one quick motion, he brought his sword diagonally down upon his opponent with the murderous intent of cutting him in half.

His opponent raged forward and made three thrusts at him, Dragoth decided he wasn't going to make the obvious move of backing off. Instead, he took Akilroth and as the blade moved forward he hammered his on it, knocking it down with as much force as his muscles could allow, he did this for all of the thrusts, but as a third attack came, his blade was facing downward. He seemed trapped. A flash came, Dragoth's eyes lay unflinching as his arm and the blade had collided, the metal plating on his wrist was slit but it was protecting him. "Heh, now is your time to die"

He took one foot forward, the air seemed to be ready to burst at this point. The very area around him seemed to reflect this one open chance he had to kill his opponent. His blade was preoccupied by Dragoth's arm. He kept the blade against his armor as he moved forward, raised his right arm with Akilroth in it, and just as he swung an explosion came. The ground shattered and sputtered rock and smoke from the cracks. A shockwave forced Dragoth back away from his opponent.

The grey clouds were circling steadily now with a very noticable red coloration in them. The ground seemed to glow a very faint red as the cracks split from each other little by little and colliding parts of the land seemed to explode, the area was utter chaos. "Hmm, seems I lost my chance. No matter..." He dashed behind the man, a crack ready to burst near them.

He raised his arm, gripped Akilroth with both hands, and took the heaviest swing he could make to the front of the man's armor. What became of him was now his choice. Dodge Dragoth's attack and be knocked away from the bursting ground or have rock shatter in front of him and possibly kill him. Millions of possibilities in only a couple seconds. Such pressure would be unbearable for any human who comprehended his situation. Maybe this one was different. If so, this was the defining moment.

Kai's desperate fury of stabs turned out to be in vain, Dragoth quickly blocked each one of them with his sword, and the final slash managed to only cut his armor causing no damage to him. The air around them was getting vicious and the ground was trembling fiercely. Kai had his sword caught in Dragoth's armor when he went to make an upward blow with Akilroth. fortunately a rock shattered suddenly behind Dragoth forcing him to retract. Kai was free again and ready for Dragoth's next set of attacks.

Dragoth was suddenly in front of Kai and with one mighty swing, he brought Akilroth down upon Kai. Kai could not handle the hit, he would be forced to step back but that seemed impossible, he thought he'd try it anyway and he succeeded. he bent backwards and took a slight leap backwards, to avoid the blow of Dragoth's companion Akilroth. Akilroth's steel scraped against Kai's front armor and scratched it furiously. the force caused Kai to fall to the ground on his back, the Earth beneath him gave way and he began to plummet to his death, when instantly he grabbed hold of the ledge in front of him. he knew that Dragoth posed no threat for at least a little while, he couldn't recover that fast after making such a large swing.

Kai held on to the chunk of Earth with his left hand and had his right elbow up top. Kai surveyed the situation while dangling on the rock's edge. the whole that was created was only a few meters wide but would be expanding soon so he had to be quick. Kai tucked his feet in and kicked off the wall, turned in midair and landed on the other side, now on even ground with Akilroth. Kai was out of breath, and couldn't continue much longer.

Kai took one leap across the pit and swung his sword while in the air, diving at the lower half of his enemy, he slid on the ground when he landed but quickly followed up by spinning, and lashing out at his opponents calves with his sword, from there Kai got up and began to run until he was quite a long distance away from Dragoth, he didn't want to seem afraid but Kai knew he might die if he didn't plan this out strategically.

when Kai reach an appropriate distance he stood in a defensive position looking around at the many cracks in the ground, realizing that his time here was precious, he had to end this fast before they both fell to the fiery hell beneath them.

The ground shook, ready to burst. The place was tearing itself apart, magma spewing in multiple directions. Dragoth's eyes showed a raging inferno of hatred for this man's weakness. He wanted a challange, not another worthless opponent like all of those others before. The rumbling from the ground seemed to roar and anger him even more. His ears were hurting, this man was weak, and the earth was tearing up.

"heh, using ground like a rat. how humanlike." Dragoth said as he flicked his blade to knock away his opponent's puny sword. "I regret fighting you, you're Worthless!" He took Akilroth and held it high in the air and struck down at his opponent with as much force as possible, with enough force to make some bits of rock fly. This was just a taste of energy that he was pouring out. He was furious, and he was about to take it out on his opponent. He was losing control...
    Last edited by Darkwolf; 02-11-2008 at 05:02 PM.

Kai was now standing at a far distance from his opponent, at this point the battle seemed hopeless The ground was tearing apart, Kai was almost out of energy, and whats more was that his opponent seemed pissed off now!

The ground below Kai exploded from under his feet, bits of rock, debris and a molten lava spewed out from underneath him! Kai leaped backwards out of the way of the pillar of flame and rock sediments, he landed on his feet only to feel the ground rumbling all around him, suddenly he realized flame geysers were exploding all around him. now holes and craters filled the battle arena and a large gash formed between Kai and Dragoth. it appeared as if a the battle arena was divided into two by a large bit of fire and jagged rocks. suddenly the ground stopped shaking, it appeared very still and peaceful... ... ...the calm before the storm.

Kai looked at the other side and noticed Dragoth standing with Kai's sword a few meters away from his feet...on the other side of the pit. Kai let out a long sigh, took a deep breath, grinned and saied in a calm voice " mind passing me my sword?"

"Yes, I will give you this... well I can't really call it a sword can I?" He simple tossed the blade at his opponent, and right as the blade was near the man, he leapt across the earth, and landed with his knees bent. He sprung foreward, and did one long slash at the man's abdomen. He wasnt about to waste any more time on this simple opponent.

Now they were on the same spot of earth, Dragoth faced his opponent and raised his blade, pointing the tip at him. "You might as well jump, and enjoy a painless death. You cannot win..."

(sorry about the short post, I'll try to put more in the next one)

(OOC: I don't mind short posts to be honest, as long as the content is good, also since this is our battle can we modify rules a little bit, like have minimal character control or something)

Kai saw his sword spinning through the air, he didn't keep his eyes of Dragoth and as Dragoth leaped across the pit towards Kai, he immediately jumped from a small rock beside him, caught his sword in the air, and held it with both hands to protect against Dragoth's Blow. the force of Akilroth sent Kai flying downwards toward the ground. Kai landed with a "thud" a few feet away from Dragoth and slowly got to his feet. when Kai was standing upright, Dragoth was right in front of him "You might as well jump, and enjoy a painless death. You cannot win..." said Dragoth. "I still have alot of fight left in me" said Kai "I wont give up just yet", With that Kai leaped backwards and upon landing he quickly ran at his opponent, sword to his side sparking on the mysterious gravel. Kai quickly jabbed his sword in the ground and pole-vaulted over his opponent, this was a technique he learned while training in a hidden ninja village, it was meant to confuse the enemy into thinking you were about to strike him but then pole-vaulting over him for a surprise attack.

Kai was now over top of Dragoth and he tuck himself in with his sword sticking out. He did multiple flips in the air with his sword lashing out at his opponent. then Kai landed behind him doing one final spin-slash, then finished faceting him.

His opponent seemed to be getting more depserate by the minute. This time he attempted to surprise Dragoth. Although, it was not about to succeed. Dragoth turned slowly and calmly as he saw the first strike come forth. He decided to try to surprise his opponent as well. So, he simply decided to attempt to grab the man's blade. Then, he took his blade and heavily struck his opponent's shoulder. He did not move his blade afterward. If he could create tension between him and his opponent, he could also cause fear.

By now the area was bursting with embers flying in different areas. It was a sight to behold, or fear. The earth was breaking up, and now the clouds were circling to create an upward funnel. Lightning struck the earth and broke through, creating even more chaos.

Kai landed facing his opponent only to have his sword taken from him. Dragoth grabbed the sword from Kai's hand, and swung it down toward Kai's shoulder, Kai raised his arm up to where the blade was about to strike and clenched his fist. his metal studded gloves protected the blade from hitting Kai's shoulder. Dragoth seemed to hold the blade on Kai's shoulders for quite some time. Kai's stared into Dragoth's empty eyes as he held is hand up.

a Bolt of lightning struck the area in between Kai and Dragoth. Kai stayed calm and collected while it took his enemy by surprise. Kai jerked his hand upwards, the blade was released from Dragoth's hand and Kai quickly grabbed it in mid air while it was spinning. Kai then put all of his power into one forceful blow, almost as fast as the lightning behind him.

The blow was aimed toward a weak spot in Dragoth's armor. Kai knew that when the blade connected with it, Dragoth would be damaged.