Thread: Calm Before the Storm (Me vs Ruin)

Twilight's Enigma Calm Before the Storm (Me vs Ruin) Sato Arashi's Avatar

Calm Before the Storm (Me vs Ruin)

Ok, this is a private battle that we'll be using an rp character, here's my character.

Name: Ser’val “Silver” Kajeda

Race: Human

Appearance: Silver has lightly-tanned skin color, shoulder-length brown hair tied into a ponytail with two fang-like bangs in front, and silver eyes. Silver wears a black vest with long, robe-like white sleeves, no shirt, black baggy pants, and leather shoes.

Class: Mage

Skills/Abilities/Magic: Thunder Magic- Silver is proficient with Thunder magic
    Fire Magic- Silver is also proficient with Fire magic
    Levitate- Silver can lift off the ground and cruise a feet above the ground with reduced speed
    Holy- Silver is able to conjure white magic in form of balls or rings to attack

Trance Appearance and Power: Silver in Trance has silver hair that is longer than when he is not in Trance. He gains an attack called Melody of Truth, which uses Fire, Thunder, and Holy in conjunction.

Background: Silver is part of a bard/mercenary crew called the Composers that owns an airship, the Emphyrial. Silver is the 5th member to join as the head of the crew, Mark, found him when he was nine years old. As each member had a specialty in the crew, Silver held the specialty of a lute. He also takes the time he has in between travels to learn magic, becoming a mage in the crew and helps out on their mercenary jobs. As Silver grew into his teens, he became a womanizer and a card shark, developing a self-centered and wild personality. One time, they got a job from the Queen of Alexandria herself. When Silver saw the beautiful princess himself, he fell in love with her, though was separated by status. He vowed to himself that when he’s able to talk to the princess, he would confess his love for her.

Name- James "Mog" Valen

Age- 17

Gender- Male

Race- Moogle

Appearance- With a darker fur than most moogles, James has a carefree, quiet attitude. Mostly one to keep within his friends, James is a fiercely loyal friend, who would do anything to help his friends.

Class- Mog Knight. James is a Moogle who had the option to train in the way of the Mog Knight. Unable to match the strength of other Knights of different Races, James uses a mixture of tactics and Sword Skills to even the odds.

Skills/Abilities/Magic-
    I. Armor Break. James uses the strength of his sword to lower the enemy's defence.
    II. Magic Break. James uses the strength of his sword to diminish the enemy's magic.
    III. Power Break. James uses the strength of his sword to lower the enemy's Attack Power.
    IV. Speed Break. James uses the strength of his sword to lower the enemy's Speed.

Trance Appearance and Power-
    I. Trance Appearance-James' armor glows with a light blueish color, and his speed grows exponentially.
    II. Trance Power- Shock. James harnesses the power of his sword to deal physical damage to a single enemy. Where the power is high, it drains his whole trance to unleash this attack.

Background- James was raised in Alexandria, learning the fine arts of reading, writing and swordplay from a retired Knight. Being raised in a large community, James was raised with an open mind, and is very willing to accept different beliefs. On his 17th birthday, he was given a set of battle equipment from the Knight who trained him. A Shield, bearing his surname crest, a Sword suitable for his size, and a small set of armor, chestpiece, greaves and boots. The sword has inscribed on it "Bear for the hilt, not for the sword." across the blade, and the shield has "Bear for the defenceless, not for thyself." inscribed on the inside. The sword, shield and armor are all made of steel. James is left-handed.

Appearance-
    http://www.quizilla.com/user_images/...fta-moogle.jpg
    -----

James quietly entered a large, open arena, much like a Roman Arena. Smiling, he noticed his opponent across the ring at him. Drawing his sword, he shouted out a cry, and raced towards Silver. Closing in the distance inbetween the two of them, he leapt into the air, swinging his sword down with him.

Silver already came prepared to the arena as he stood there waiting for his opponent. When he saw the gates open on the other side, he grinned, his opponent has finally arrived.His opponent takes no hesitations indeed, Silver thought to himself as he saw his opponent rush at him with a sword and sheild. When he saw the opponent jump in the air to strike down, he jumps to the side, dodging it. Silver took no hesitations as he whips his arm back then in front of him in a swift motion, flinging a fireball at his opponent.

James ducked, and took the fireball to the shoulder. He merely shrugged it off, and instead of rushing, he charged up his sword. "Magic Break!" He yelled. Slamming his sword against the ground, the shockwave burst against the ground, and raced towards Silver.

Silver flinched as he saw the energy wave come at him at high speed. He won't escape in time to dodge it, so he braced himself. The wave passed through him, unscathed. Silver looks up confused then feels a tingling feeling on his arms and legs. Silver whipped his arm across as a fireball was flung at his opponent, but died out before it even reached halfway.

James' shoulder wound was deepening, causing his shield arm to begin to lax. Grimacing, he dug his heels into the dirt, and tossed off his shield. Gripping his sword with both hands, he kicked off the ground, running at his opponent.

Using his momentum, he waited until he was close enough, and leapt up into a Rising Slash, hoping it made contact.

Silver was caught by surprise as he sidesteps, the sword waved by the side of his face. When he recovered, he rears his leg then swings across, if magic isn't going to work, might as well do martial arts, Silver thought. He was trained in martial arts in the case that magic won't do anything.

The kick collided with James. The kick wasn't as tough as any other, but James' frail body caused him to sail across the ground, skidding into the dirt. Coughing up dust, James managed to stand up.
    "Your pretty good at reacting, kupo." James called out. {OOC: couldn't help myself! ^.^}
    "How good are you at attacking, though?"

Silver smirked as he wipes the sweat off of his forehead. "You're only fortunate to have a full body armor, but I got to admit, you're an odd one compared to any other Moogles I've seen." Silver called out. He stretches his legs out, almost in a split, and has his left arm down to the ground with his right arm reared back behind.

"I was trained as a Mog Knight. It isn't a very common choice, since the armor is so heavy..." James pointed at his chest, which he already was out of breath. "you are a mage, yes? Yet, unlike most mages, you are skilled in melee. Self-taught, I presume?"

James hefted his sword back up, and grinned. "Ready for round two?" He asked politely. Bringing his sword up, he rested it against his shoulder, and raced again back towards Silver.

Silver smirked to his opponent's remark. His opponent was right about being self taught. "You just compromised my magic, how else I'm I able to fight?" Silver called out as he watches his opponent charge at him. He slides his legs down more. When his opponent got close, he immediately whips his leg around, hoping he got him. Even if he didn't get his opponent, he took no hesitations and got back to his feet and backflips a couple of feet.

James was tripped, and to prevent his falling, he planted his sword in the ground. Falling forward, he kicked out, to hit nothing but empty air.

"Kupo! This armor...gah..." James called out. Unclasping his chest piece, he tossed it aside, then removed his greaves and boots. Tossing those aside, he turned to pick up the discarded shield.

"No use with armor if I am too slow to reach you." James called out. His shield arm was still weak, but he thought it might be a good idea to risk it. His stamina was already on the fritz, as he had to lug that heavy armor around. His opponent was playing smart; leaving James to run around, he could easily keep on his defence, keeping his energy remaining. "You fight well, I must admit."

Silver closed his eyes for a brief moment then opens back up. "Reducing armor for speed, I must be catious." Silver thought as he dashes at his opponent, stepping side by side. "A mage must compensate for weaknesses they have, this is one of them." Silver jumps in the air and attempts a heel drop kick. If his opponent blocks, he can backflip to give distances.

James didn't expect a head on assault. Being small, he normally was a target of a side attack. Automatically, he raised his shield, and the collision knocked him to his knees. He leapt up from the ground, and seen he was already a fair distance away. Chasing after him, he switched the position he held on his sword, and palmed the sword, blade downward.
    Aiming a swing, he swung as if to punch, and twisted his wrist. He resulting movement sent the sword straight around the front of his body, in a horizontal slash.

Silver backs up to attempt to keep distance until it wasn't doing any good as he saw his opponent lunge at him with a horizontal swipe. He didn't have enough time to dodge it so he swiped his arm and flung a fireball at his opponent's sword, causing an explosion. Due to how close Silver was at the explosion, he was sent sliding across the ground.

James was hurled across the ground, bouncing with each tumble. As he stood, he noticed that his bon-bon was on fire.

"Oh, no!" James yelled. Grabbing his bon-bon, he ran it into a thick pile of dust, putting the fire out. "You caught my bon-bon on fire! Look! The fur is uneven now!" Pouting, he massaged a more serious wound; his leg was scorched with what looked like a second degree burn. There was almost no way he could run now. "Ah," He grimaced in pain, "This one hurts worse. Haha..."

Silver got to his feet and dusts off as he looks up at his opponent with confusion. "Getting all mad just for uneven fur...?" Silver thought as he shook his head. He was faced with concussion after that explosion at a close range. "Oh well, I managed to cripple you now." Silver called out as he spun around and whips his arms around as three fireballs appears next to his opponent. "Flare Dance!" Silver called out as the fireballs explode one by one.

James didnt expect this. He raised his shield, to block, but he only blocked one. The other two collided with his body, dealing more damage to his frail body.

coughing up blood, James began to stumble. Shaking his head, he tried to clear up his consiousness, he noticed that a blueish light was surrounding his fingers. running up his arms, he realized that Trance was activating.

Trance won't help much... my legs are messed up. He thought. Instead of using his increased speed, he pumped his remaining energy into a single focus. "Shock!" He yelled, and leapt at his opponent. Smashing his sword into the ground, the resultant energy ran along the ground, similar to Magic Break, but faster. The energy solidified, and sailed straight at his opponent.

Silver flinched in surprise when he saw his opponent enter Trance. When he saw his opponent jump up and send a shockwave at him at a very fast speed. He had no time to even react as he was sent flying to the walls that encircled the arena. Silver fell to his knees, panting as it left a crater on the wall. "I...Would never thought...That you held more surprises...In your sleeves." Silver said in between pants with a smirk.

"Last resort..." James called out, laughing. Stumbling, he fell to his knees, then sat down altogether. "I think i'm finished...kupo. I'm too drained. If you can still stand, you win, friend." James laughed again, and fell onto his back, spreading his arms and wings. "I couldn't stand for the life of me!"

Silver laughed a bit as he got to his feet, to only wobble a bit. Covering his stomach, he inches his way to his opponent. When he reached his opponent, he held out his free hand. "No, I think you're the actual winner, I haven't sent my fullest at you." Silver said, with a grin on his face.

James smiled, and reached up to grab the hand. "I gave it my all. You won, kupo." Standing up, he again touched his bon-bon, a look of faint misery on his face. "This will grow out, right? Kupo?"