Thread: WTF-experience with Photoshop: Text Tool problem!

Shake it like a polaroid picture WTF-experience with Photoshop: Text Tool problem! RagnaToad's Avatar

Question WTF-experience with Photoshop: Text Tool problem!

UPDATE: problem solved. Thanks goes to Treize.

I suddenly have this really odd problem with Photoshop.

When I open an image or open a new one and want to add text with the Text Tool, I can barely read the letters of 200 point. Seriously. 1296 is the biggest size text can be, so I tried that. And it isn't big at all... Somehow, every size of text is like 100 times smaller. I mean, if 200 is not even readable??? And this is only when I make a new image or on some existing images...

So can anyone explain to me why all sizes are somehow a LOT smaller than they should be? I mean, if THIS is the biggest I can get suddenly, for no apparent reason...

A screenshot. I tried size 250, 400, 600 and 1296. As you can see, 250 is like what 6 or something in that area should be.

Last edited by RagnaToad; 06-23-2009 at 06:57 PM.
    Crao Porr Cock8: Getting it while the getting's good

Go with me, Exkaizer~ WTF-experience with Photoshop: Text Tool problem! Treize's Avatar
    Under image - image size is your resolution set to 72 pixels per inch? If it is lower, your text will look much smaller. If that is not the problem, then I'm not sure. If nothing else, you could just reinstall and it would be fixed.
    TFF Family:
    stardragon -- Nick -- Fishie -- Silver -- Omega Weapon -- Tiger Lily -- Athna Loveil -- Phantom -- ekimeinna -- Novacrash -- FFGuru89 -- Kaos_Dragon -- ziroth

-PM me if you would like to join.

Shake it like a polaroid picture WTF-experience with Photoshop: Text Tool problem! RagnaToad's Avatar
    Yeah. That was the problem.

But now I'm obliged to set the text size way higher in an image that has less pix/inches?

that kind of sucks...

Go with me, Exkaizer~ WTF-experience with Photoshop: Text Tool problem! Treize's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RagnaToad View Post
    Yeah. That was the problem.

But now I'm obliged to set the text size way higher in an image that has less pix/inches?

that kind of sucks...
    Yeah if the pixels per inch is low you have to set the text size higher, but you can always just adjust the image to 72 pixels per inch in image - image size and have resample image unchecked. Then it will automatically adjust the font sizes to more "normal" values and keep the image at the same size that you were previously viewing it at.
    TFF Family:
    stardragon -- Nick -- Fishie -- Silver -- Omega Weapon -- Tiger Lily -- Athna Loveil -- Phantom -- ekimeinna -- Novacrash -- FFGuru89 -- Kaos_Dragon -- ziroth

-PM me if you would like to join.

Aha.

Well, thanks for the answer and the tip.

I'm surprised anyone responded actually, let alone that it'd be the actual "solution".

I'll have a beer on ya!

Rags