View Poll Results: What Operating System Do You Run?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Windows XP

8 57.14%
  • Windows Vista

7 50.00%
  • Windows NT, 2000

1 7.14%
  • Windows ME,98,95,3.x

1 7.14%
  • Linux (KDE)

1 7.14%
  • Linux (GNOME)

1 7.14%
  • Mac OS X

2 14.29%
  • FreeBSD,OpenBSD,NetBSD

0 0%
  • Windows 7 Beta

1 7.14%
  • Solaris

0 0%
  • Other UNIX-Like Operating System

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: What Operating System Do You Run?

What Operating System Do You Run?

Hello.

I Haven't seen much tech talk on TFF, and was kinda interested in everyone's computer backgrounds, such as programming, networking, and even basic computer knowledge, and most of all you're favorite OS.

Feel free to discuss Pro's & Con's of each OS, Etc..
    Last edited by Christa Pho!; 01-30-2009 at 07:56 PM.

...means nothing to no way Furore's Avatar
    While I do prefer Linux OSes, I currently have an XP install on this computer through a desire to play my games with a higher compatibility. If it wasn't for my passion for gaming I wouldn't care if Windows was to cease existing. I like to replace the shell I use more often than not, as Explorer ain't to my tastes.

I love trying out new Linux distros fairly often, but Debian based ones tend to work best for me. And I loved slackware a few years back, not just for the name neither, despite it's appeal to someone lazy like myself.
    victoria aut mors

I could install Vista right now if I wanted to, but i'm sticking to XP, i've just heard so many bad stories about Vista, and XP has never done anything wrong by me, so XP i'm sticking with.

I think I'm beginning to understand. An answer from the Planet, the Promised Land...I think I can meet her...there.

PC: Windows XP Pro 32bit Edition
    Laptop: Windows Vista Home 32bit Edition
    Server: Ubuntu Linux Server Edition

At school I use a variety of XP and Vista and connecting to SUSE Linux via telnet in the windows cmd prompt.

As far as my background goes, I'm mostly a PC gamer, took PASCAL, Basic, and vBasic in high school, currently taking a vBasic course in college as part of my networking degree, as well as a LINUX/UNIX course, a PC Hardware Cisco Certified COMPTia/A+ Prep course, and a PC Software/Hardware theory course.

Registered User What Operating System Do You Run? winterborn86's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KeyranSolo View Post
    I could install Vista right now if I wanted to, but i'm sticking to XP, i've just heard so many bad stories about Vista, and XP has never done anything wrong by me, so XP i'm sticking with.
    I use Windows Vista, cos that's what was on my laptop when I brought it. As KeyanSolo said about hearing bad stuff about Vista, I did experience a lot of problems with mine when I first got it. It's OK now tho but I had to install quite a few things to be able to use the internet properly.

My TFF Family

My FFVII addicted nephew: Secret weapon
    My Bullet lovin half wolf cousin: Raider
    My complete FFVII nut sister: Unkown entity
    My Freya obsessed, grammar nazi brother: Doc rocco

...means nothing to no way Furore's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by winterborn86 View Post
    I use Windows Vista, cos that's what was on my laptop when I brought it. As KeyanSolo said about hearing bad stuff about Vista, I did experience a lot of problems with mine when I first got it. It's OK now tho but I had to install quite a few things to be able to use the internet properly.
    Nothing worse than when Vista was new and your modem didn't have Vista drivers included.

I'll just download them from the internet!
    *dawn of realisation*
    ****!!

But yeah, Vista seems to run fairly smoothly now, especially as even cheaper computers have some nice specs most of the time these days. The only thing you need a better computer (in terms of hardware) for really is the better games.
    victoria aut mors

yeah my husband and i just have this windows vista... i would love to have macintosh to hehehehe

Saved from wrath
    Romans 6:23

Dark Knight What Operating System Do You Run? Dark-Knight Luna's Avatar
    XP Pro.
    SPOILER!!:

Bass Player Extraordinaire What Operating System Do You Run? Joe's Avatar
    I was running Windows 7 beta, but due a a few minor anoyances, that will be resolved in the final product I'll just run that OS in a VM session

My Primary OS is now Windows XP, but I've been practicing a Lot in Windows 2003 Server, which I guess falls under the NT, 2000 category.
    (TFF Family):

My TFF Family:
    My Anime Addicted sister Athna Loveil
    My Unspoken Scabbia Loving Bro Fishie
    My Godsmack addicted brother Omega Weapon
    My Kooky Soap opera addicted sister Rikkuffx
    My Kinky Chipmunk Cousin Unknown Entity, because, you know, cousins can still do stuff in certain states.
    My Twin-like bro Ruin_Tumult
    Craven
    Slots still available, PM to join!