Thread: A video/audio question you may be able to answer

A video/audio question you may be able to answer

OK so my question is, Why are so many videos I watch/download from the internet so offset with its audio? Is there a technical reason for that?

Don't rag on me for watching the videos on the internet and say "you get what you payed for" type crap. There are some movies you just can't get on dvd easily to watch whenever you want like DBZ:History of Trunks.

This audio problem seems to happen on every site with many videos at some point or another. would it be my computer?? would it be the site? or the initial uploader? or some mechanic that I don't know?
    Playstaion ID: Setzer_All-in

- "Phoenix Downs are your friends. But remember Cloud they don't always work. I'm looking at yooou Aeris"

-"Immortal maybe... but not invincible!" -Prince (of Persia)

You need to make sure you have the proper audio/video codecs for the video you are watching. Having the wrong ones can cause the audio and video to be out of sync.
    My TFF Family

My Chocolate and Theory lovin' Niece -- Unknown Entity
    My CRAZY NUTTY Aussie sisters -- Tiger Lily and superjj

Lady Succubus A video/audio question you may be able to answer Victoria's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    What Jiriki said. You need proper codecs to watch things on/from the internet.
    There are two codec packs that you can use that are pretty good.
    One is K-Lite Codec Pack, the other is "CCCP" or Combind Community Codec Pack.

I prefer CCCP myself.

Only two things I have installed on my computer for vidoes are CCCP (latest version, just google CCCP and you'll find it) and Lazyman's MKV for playing MKV files. If you're on Vista it'll take a bit more, I can't remember what's on my laptop to play all my anime to be honest, I just installed a lot of things until it all started working. o.o;

But it's usually either a codec issue or it's an inherent issue within the video file having it's audio and video offset by the compression. Try uninstalling any existing codecs you have and install CCCP and see if all becomes well.

Oh, I use OggDS too... I think. It's not installed now, I'm on a fairly clean install of Windows and watch all my anime on my laptop these days.

A video/audio question you may be able to answer Vincent_Valentine91's Avatar
    i would have to say some sites are actually like that as well cause they r bad with placing things properly and also the codecs are really important as well.
    The Lvl of each Pokemon i Have is:
    Darkrai-Lvl99
    Infernape-Lvl92
    Azelf-Lvl89
    Heatran-Lvl91
    Regigigas-Lvl99
    Dusknoir-Lvl77
    Completed every Badge and am beastin out all over the Sinnoh region. almost caught every Sinnoh Pokemon need 18 more.