Thread: Should I be worried?

Should I be worried?

So last weekend I log into gmail to have a nice little warning come up saying that my account has been accessed from somewhere in Costa Rica. I don't know anyone there and wasn't there myself which leads me to believe my email was hacked into. I quickly changed the password and haven't had any warnings since but yesterday I got an account from Blizzard saying wanting me to verify an account created using my email.

I can't recall having any super sensitive information being passed on through my email so should I be worried? Any advice on what to do?
    EBG

Hewerya love...? Should I be worried? seanb's Avatar

Re: Should I be worried?

If I was you I would change any other passwords that were the same as your mail.
    And see if you can report if it happens again. maybe change your password every few days until your sure its gone away...
    hope it does... or hopefully it could have just been a mistake on googles behalf.

G'day Should I be worried? NikkiLinkle's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I've heard a lot of stories of hacking lately. On Facebook, email and paypal.

All I can say is don't respond to anything you don't remember. Also I heard on the radio to clear your cache (whatever that is) and if you keep having issues with your email, just let your email provider know, that you think you may have been hacked. I really have no idea though, but good luck! Hope nothing too bad happens, as it can get pretty serious.

Probably ask someone who knows a bit more about it.

Passing fair judgement Should I be worried? Judge Magistrate's Avatar

If I were you I would report it to the head of wahtever your email system is. I had that problem once, I "fixed" it, but than a report later said that a private account of mine was used, and I wasn't the one that used it.
    None shall escape judgement, all shall fall by my blade.

My TFF family
    EveVanilla
    Firefly-The Greatest Little Sister Ever
    Ruin-My bro working in the military
    Nickness89-My brother from another mother
    angelmarie190515-My mentor and greatest older sister
    A Hero without a Name- My brother in arms
    Raven Zecht-Herald of what is to come
    LadyWinchester-The mistress of light and dark

-98% of all teens have tried smoking pot and drinking. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy this and put it in your signature.

Lady Succubus Should I be worried? Victoria's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Same thing happened to me, except it was China instead of Costa Rica, which made sense because my WoW account was 'active' but I didn't pay for it, and I logged on (for some reason the login info stayed the same..) and saw a TON of level 1 characters and such made. >_> Stupid Goldsellers. -_-

So I changed my email password, and contacted Blizzard that my account got hacked and provided information of the characters I had before I got hacked so they could restore my account, and they did. Luckily, the payment source for WoW wasn't my own account. Heh.

All is One.One is All. Should I be worried? Firefly's Avatar

Someone has been trying to hack my Facebook for about two weeks now,and I really don't know what to do except constantly change my password. But then again,I think it's just my friends trying to tick me off. Anyways,I would report it and constantly keep my password changed until you feel comfortable again like everyone else has said. Good Luck :]
    ---------------------------------------------------
    My TFF Family:
    * My Awesome Older Brother, Judge Magistrate :]
    * Illusion :]
    * Cait Sith :]
    * My Sweet,Caring,Older Sister angelmarie190515 :]
    * My FF Twin, nickness89 :]
    * My Favorite Australian Cousin, NikkiLinkle :]
    * My Long Lost Cousin, Hero without a Name :]

***98% of all teens have tried smoking pot and drinking. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy this and put it in your signature.

Blizzard will never ask you for Verify your account.

You will know when Blizzard is contacting you.
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games

Bananarama Should I be worried? Pete's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'd also check credit card statements, or whatever card accounts that you're using to pay for it. Just make sure that you're actually the one buying whatever the statements show.
    SOLDIER
    cHoSeN
    Crao Porr Cock8- Rebels, Rogues and Sworn Brothers

More suited for digital community. Thread moved.
    Soldier: "We suck but we're better then you"

We will fight, we will be strong
    Together we're marching on
    United, we move as one
    Our finest hour has just begun
    Philmore - Our Finest Hour

Crao Porr Cock8! Need I say more!?
    My awards:

I'm sure you've all be frantically waiting for an update so let me drop you one. Nothing has happened since I changed my password, haven't noticed anything at least. Still curious about the Blizzard account though, mostly because I don't play anything by them or have had an account for their site.
    EBG

This isn't something to be too terribly worried about.

Run a virus scan and malwarebytes scan (and check your running processes for anything that looks fishy) and then change your passwords on EVERYTHING.

The point of the virus scan and malwarebytes scan are to check for keyloggers.

At least 50% of WoW players have been compromised at some point or another. It often happens with a compromise of the e-mail address associated to the battle.net account followed by a phishing scam to get the password or just a spree of guesses until they gain access.

Real-money trading is big business, and the easiest way to get the the in-game currency to trade is to steal it.

Just be happy that gmail logs IP addresses to check for fishy logins and warn users.