View Poll Results: Which is Better for You?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • I prefer Realplayer over Windows Media Player

2 11.11%
  • I prefer Windows Media Player over Realplayer

11 61.11%
  • I prefer Both

2 11.11%
  • I don't Know

4 22.22%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: Realplayer vs Windows Media Player, Which is the Better for You?

Realplayer vs Windows Media Player, Which is the Better for You?

Hey all, as the tltle suggests which is better for your Multimedia enjoyment? Realplayer or Windows Media Player? I prefer Windows Media Player myself, because of the tons of Visual effects I have on mine, I can Rip and Burn music easily on my MP3 player, and create movies and put them on rewriteable DVD CD's. My Music Library is more organized on WMP then it is on my Realplayer. Through I find Realplayer better for playing my DVD's. What do you prefer?
    Originally Posted by Hellfire
    Who the hell are you? .... .... .... ....well, good luck with that.

XD. This quote screams post me in your sig!

Check out my FFVII Walkthrough, by first EVER walkthrough! I'm PhantomTFF on IGN and Tairyo on Gamefaqs.

http://faqs.ign.com/articles/946/946197p1.html

Courtesy of IGN and Gamefaqs. ^^

Yugioh and Yugioh GX Fanboy <---

Check out my Youtube Homepage!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Made4542

If you like homemade Final Fantasy and Pokemon walkthrough vids with a unique flair, be sure to Subscribe to Made4542 (Me).

Permanently banned Realplayer vs Windows Media Player, Which is the Better for You? darkViVi's Avatar
    Both sucks ballocks. Winamp ftw.

...means nothing to no way Furore's Avatar
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/K-Lite_Codec_Pack
    ^ That bad boy FTW! Questionable legal-wise, but it seems to play most everything if you get the mega pack...
    And a delightfully (and deceptively) simple interface...
    WMP and Real Player are both good at doing what they do, But K-lite can do both their jobs and more.
    victoria aut mors

Permanently banned Realplayer vs Windows Media Player, Which is the Better for You? darkViVi's Avatar
    VLC ftw

Realplayer vs Windows Media Player, Which is the Better for You? Calcifer's Avatar
    Real player comes with more codecs meaning you can play more file types on it, it's also able to find and download files it needs to play something real easy, unlike windows media player because you have to download all the codecs and files yourself, which sucks. But windows media player is also faster. It depends what you use it for. But just because these two are the only main ones you here about, doesn't mean there aren't better ones out there. As Raikkonen said for example, VLC. People just go with one of those two and don't look further.. and then get annoyed at something about them and start these types of threads debating and asking which one is better. ^_^

i just use windows media player cause for me it's much more easy to use than a realplayer.. i'm not really sure more infos about the realplayer. Maybe because most computers have windows media player and i didn't see any realplayers that much.

well that's all i know about it... i'm just being true to you

Saved from wrath
    Romans 6:23

Lady Succubus Realplayer vs Windows Media Player, Which is the Better for You? Victoria's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    They both suck ass. So does the trash K-Lite Codec Pack. Use the Combined Community Codec Pack. AKA CCCP. And I use Media Player Classic. The codecs themselves are legal, so don't worry about the whole legality thing.

Ugh, Real Player.. we had that on our old computer and I couldn't stand using it so obviously Windows Media Player gets my vote here. WMP is easy to use and you can do a heap of stuff on it like rip music and such. I couldn't use Real Player.. it was stupid in my opinion. I like Winamp though too, that program is pretty good.

CC's YouTube Page|Add me on last.fm
    Is on Facebook so feel free to add me. =)

Godsmack Worshipper Realplayer vs Windows Media Player, Which is the Better for You? Omega Weapon's Avatar
    Lived by the rules you that you gave me and fell apart. All the wrong turns down a dead end street so far. I stretched my wings and breath in different day. Alone and broken is the price I pay but that's ok...
    Sorry Phantom, They both suck ass. However, My vote goes to RealOne Player..

Anyway...

JetAudio is great!

License: Free
    Requirements: Windows 95/98/Me/NT/2000/XP/2003 Server/Vista
    Limitations: No limitations

Publisher's description of JetAudio

JetAudio is integrated multimedia software made up of a single compact rack. Not only does it play various music and video files, it also has features such as CD burning, recording, and conversion to other file formats. You can create your own Internet broadcast by using JetCast, provided with JetAudio, and you can play all major file formats, including WAV, MP3, MP3Pro, OGG, WMA, MPEG, AVI, WMV, MIDI, RM, and video and audio CD tracks. Convert among audio file formats, and record analog audio to various formats tag editing for MP3, OGG, and WMA files; sound effects including wide, reverb, and x-bass; multichannel sound output; speed control of audio playback; cross-fading for a smooth transition between two songs; a skinnable user interface; and synchronized lyrics display (karaoke) for MIDI and MP3 files.supports for video conversion for iAUDIO U3, supports ts,tp file extension, and includes video format converter to AVI. Version 7.0.5.3040 includes unspecified updates.
    CNET's Editor Review:

The freeware application gives you plenty of reasons to make it your only player.

The interface has a modern design that looks like an equalizer. You can customize each section of the program, from CD ripping to format conversion, to your heart's content. The program can convert files among some a number of formats, as well as read and edit MP3 tags. The built-in Cross-fader, Reverb, and Wide-sound modes provide a nice touch not found in most MP3 players. The program becomes truly unique with its clock, however, which features a timer and an alarm. We also appreciate the inclusion of a tool for seeking out song lyrics.

Our only quibble is it treats a playlist as an album but uses the artist as its primary key field, making it difficult to locate mixes. JetAudio Basic's appealing product set should attract audiophiles.
    In my opinion: This one is the best media player I have ever used and does everything that it says it will do. In fact, it is so good that I went ahead and deleted my real player which I lived by the past 5 years as well as the Microsoft media player that generally comes with every computer.
    Last edited by Omega Weapon; 01-30-2008 at 02:47 AM.

Bass Player Extraordinaire Realplayer vs Windows Media Player, Which is the Better for You? Joe's Avatar
    I use Exaile a lot, it's free, but I don't know if it will work on a windows comp. I use Xubuntu Linux, so I can't use WMP or Realplayer, at least not to my knowledge
    (TFF Family):

My TFF Family:
    My Anime Addicted sister Athna Loveil
    My Unspoken Scabbia Loving Bro Fishie
    My Godsmack addicted brother Omega Weapon
    My Kooky Soap opera addicted sister Rikkuffx
    My Kinky Chipmunk Cousin Unknown Entity, because, you know, cousins can still do stuff in certain states.
    My Twin-like bro Ruin_Tumult
    Craven
    Slots still available, PM to join!

Registered User Realplayer vs Windows Media Player, Which is the Better for You? winterborn86's Avatar
    I had to go with media palyer as i have never heard of realplayer

My TFF Family

My FFVII addicted nephew: Secret weapon
    My Bullet lovin half wolf cousin: Raider
    My complete FFVII nut sister: Unkown entity
    My Freya obsessed, grammar nazi brother: Doc rocco

I really don't know. I don't pay much attention to what I use most of the time, but I remember that over the summer, I always had Windows Media player on to watch Naruto episodes. It was nice and easy to use. I didn't do anything with it other than that, so I don't know what to say. Never used Realplayer (I think), so I can't say anything about it.

I don't know much about either one though.

Winamp for all my music needs, Zoomplayer with Combined Community Codec Pack (CCCP) and Lazyman's MKV Pack for all my video playback needs.

Realplayer and Windows Media Slayer are both horrible pieces of software that eat ridiculous amounts of memory for no reason.

They're both pretty rubbish, but I prefer WMP over RealPlayer.
    Pokéshipping|Contestshipping|Ikarishipping

Refieth|Cesa|Miguna (Rune Factory)

shiny lapras' lake. join today.

TFF Family, Avvy Credit & Other Randomness:

My friendly neighborhood pilot, FF Ace Cid
    My rocking on niece, Unknown Entity
    My grammar obsessed cousin, Doc Rocco
    My crazy sister, X SlAyEr
    My morally ambiguous cousin, Silver
    My anime addicted sister, Athna Loveil
    My seriously awesome uncle, Fishie
    My random, friendly, and sugar-eating aunt, Xeim
    That zany cousin that magically appears from time to time, Meier Link
    My Haruhiist brother, Morik the Rogue

TFF's Token Imp Realplayer vs Windows Media Player, Which is the Better for You? Martin's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Well I'll use RealPlayer if I have to, the new-ish one (11?) does let me download YouTube videos without a seperate program, but I do like my MediaMonkey for my musical needs. Or simple old iTunes.
    Spoiler:

Care to have a look at my WordPress Journal?

Realplayer vs Windows Media Player, Which is the Better for You? V_Translanka's Avatar
    I use Media Player Classic most of the time, but VLC Media Player is my go-to for playing any file type I'm not familiar with or not sure will play on anything else. Regular old Windows Media Player is total lame sauce. I'd probably be better off just uninstalling it. Although I guess if you're ripping MP3s from CDs it can do that, huh...w/e...

Go with me, Exkaizer~ Realplayer vs Windows Media Player, Which is the Better for You? Treize's Avatar
    I don't really use either, but I prefer WMP over Realplayer. I used to have Realplayer, but it was pretty annoying so Windows Media Player wins.

Quote Originally Posted by Toph Bei Fong View Post
    They both suck ass. So does the trash K-Lite Codec Pack. Use the Combined Community Codec Pack. AKA CCCP. And I use Media Player Classic. The codecs themselves are legal, so don't worry about the whole legality thing.
    That is what I use to watch videos. It's pretty easy to use and it has always worked for me.

For music I normally use iTunes. iTunes just seems to work better for me than Windows Media Player.
    TFF Family:
    stardragon -- Nick -- Fishie -- Silver -- Omega Weapon -- Tiger Lily -- Athna Loveil -- Phantom -- ekimeinna -- Novacrash -- FFGuru89 -- Kaos_Dragon -- ziroth

-PM me if you would like to join.

Realplayer vs Windows Media Player, Which is the Better for You? Dark Squall's Avatar
    Believe or not...On earth. Yea I know someone like me is too awesome to live on earth but what can I do?!!!
    I don't use both of them, I actually use the MPC...But if I have to choose, then the WMP will be the best, coz the RP stinks!