Thread: Movie Making Problem

The Lone Dagger Movie Making Problem Xithor's Avatar

Movie Making Problem

Hey guys. I make music videos to various Final Fantasys and obviously I have to use music with them. I use Windows Movie Maker to make my videos and here is the problem that I get with some songs. Most songs play just fine but others when they get imported into Movie Maker are longer than they truly are, by that I mean I'm using the song right now called Pieces by RED and the song on their album is 5:58 long but when I import it to Movie Maker it comes up as being 8:54 instead. I don't understand why this is and the problem it presents is when I am in the process of making the video I must always begin the song at the beginning of the entire video to see if I've gotten the effect I want. This becomes very frustrating when I'm a minute or a minute and a half into my video and have to watch the whole thing just to see how the newly added clip looks in the timeline. In the past I've just put the song down onto the timeline and shortened it to the appropriate time by dragging it but it's not working anymore. Anyone have any idea what this is and any way to fix it?

Wanna Know More:
    Like Kingdom Hearts? Come join the Black Dawn RP!

My latest videos:
    DBZ AMV - Breathe Into Me
    Final Fantasy XIII - My Hands
    Kingdom Hearts - Stand My Ground
    Naruto - Way Away
    Other Videos on my YouTube Channel: Xithor22's Channel

Re: Movie Making Problem

~sneaking on the mac ftw!~

I was playing with movie maker not too long ago and I kind of understand what you mean. What my problem was, was when I imported music the song was fine but even if I cut the clip/music to where I wanted to end, there was still lots of extra, empty space left over that I couldn't cut out. Although it happened with every song I imported. There was less space left over if I used the zoom tool (the magnified glass with the plus) all the way, but I still had some extra space :s

I have yet to figure out the problem. I'll probably just end up using a different movie maker -_-

Ta DA!!!:

Alright, who censored my rocketship?

From The Clint Eastwood
    I'm thinking about creating a hybrid. A dolphin-monkey. Half dolphin, half monkey. Do you think it's possible?
    I was thinking that since I'm artificially creating it, I'll create it with rocket fuel instead of blood, and thus it will be able to fly, using the dolphin's dorsal fins as wings. And from the air, it will look down upon us all and protect us against sharks, and search for bananas.
    Block says:" this one time i got SUPER blazed and was riding with my friend to mcd's and i ran my fingers through my jew fro saying "I just feel like dancing"
    by Alpha: "Hate breeds hate. Love breeds love. F*ck real politik."
    Originally Posted by Michael Swayne
    I find Gypsy to be a very interesting person. In fact, when my hair grows out some more, Gypsy has already laid claim to it when I cut it again.

Well I only see the problem in a few songs, the last two videos that I made that are in my sig the music worked fine and was very fluid but this one is bothering me because I really love this song for a video and I want to make it. I can see the video in my head but it's frustrating not being able to edit it the way I want. If I need to switch movie makers I will but that'll just be more time having to learn how to work the new program.

Wanna Know More:

My latest videos:
    Naruto - Way Away

I have used WMM in the past and have never come across this before. The first thing to do would be to listen to the whole imported song and see if it actually repeats itself. It should if the song is actually 5mins but is showing as 8? I would also try and download another copy of the song you want and import it again.

You should really re-try shortening the song from the Audio time line again aswell. I can't really see how this would just stop working.

If you still can't get it to work and you do decide to change programs. I recommend you check out either Adobe Premiere Pro or Song Vegas. They are a bit complicated to use at first but if you put in a bit of time you could easily learn them. They are like 10x better than WMM.

Sig & Ava by me

Where can I find those programs H4rry? Which would you recommend over the other?

Wanna Know More:

My latest videos:
    Naruto - Way Away

Registered User Movie Making Problem Rebekah's Avatar

Adobe Premier is better then WMM to me. In XP when working on long movies it always crashes for me. I used to do it in WMM at my friends house because he is a total geek and can fix stuff when it crashes. But now that I have my own computer I just use iMovie and it works fine. But Adobe Premier is a good replacement for Windows Movie Maker.

You can download free trials (30 day i think) for both products at their official websites. You would have to purchase a copy if you wanted to use it for longer... unless of course you found a torrent for it or something. I'd rather not get into that here though.

Sig & Ava by me

Yea probably not the place to be talking about torrents but thank you, I'm gonna look into getting one of these programs because I'm sick of WMM for now. Plus if I can do more with the other programs I'm more then welcome to learn a new program.

Wanna Know More:

My latest videos:
    Naruto - Way Away