Thread: Google Chrome

Full Time Glompasaurus Google Chrome Raider's Avatar

Google Chrome

Has anyone tried it

its very good i'm thinking its better than firefox
    Last edited by Raider; 09-05-2008 at 01:25 PM.
    ♥The Morning After Crew♥

Gilles De Rais was all leik Blah Blah Blah.

Loookiee!:
    Family
    Athna Loveil - Awesome Cousin
    iheartpixels ♥

Lady Succubus Google Chrome Victoria's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Well, I looked it up and it seems to also have stolen Opera's Speed Dial component. It's pretty much a clone of IE 7, Opera and FireFox built into one; with their own spin on it.

So I wouldn't really say it's better or worse. It's just there.

Registered User Google Chrome Dimi's Avatar
    Based on how it looks, Toph's right. It does look like it ripped off certain styles of the other browsers. I just viewed the Youtube sample of what the browser is like and it looks like a simple browser. It doesn't have too little nor too many features. Basically, I see it as a normal browser without the perks like Firefox has. It's a pretty simple browser.

I told this to many others. I am to lazy to download this. Also I wont use it.

but its so much faster and looks good, besides its only in beta testing, so it'll get better and probably have other quirks such as add-ons etceter
    ♥The Morning After Crew♥

Loookiee!:
    Family
    iheartpixels ♥

Blog Entries
    I'm using it, and I like it quite a bit. I don't really care who they've stolen from. I'm just happy that there aren't 150+ different buttons to look at, which all take up screen space. I don't ever use anything overly fancy for the net, so I'm not really about all these special features. I want something that works fast and works right. So far, this does the trick. I also like the idea of the incognito mode.

The one thing that I don't like so far is the lack of an itunes player addition, like foxytunes on Firefox. That was the shit. It was pretty much a little wiki for every song, complete with lyrics and even a brief song history. Plus it docked right in Firefox, with a little mini player.
    SOLDIER
    cHoSeN
    Crao Porr Cock8- Rebels, Rogues and Sworn Brothers

Registered User Google Chrome winterborn86's Avatar
    It does look ok, but Ive only had firefox 3 for a little while so i think i will keep it, im happy with it.

My TFF Family

My FFVII addicted nephew: Secret weapon
    My Bullet lovin half wolf cousin: Raider
    My complete FFVII nut sister: Unkown entity
    My Freya obsessed, grammar nazi brother: Doc rocco

Godsmack Worshipper Google Chrome Omega Weapon's Avatar
    Lived by the rules you that you gave me and fell apart. All the wrong turns down a dead end street so far. I stretched my wings and breath in different day. Alone and broken is the price I pay but that's ok...
    My brother is using it and he is very pleased with it.

I must say that everything Google makes is great and they definitely deserve credit for the simplicity they’ve built-in to this web browser. It's simple, fast and easy to use. In fact, I agree with everyone who says that it's faster than FireFox but it lacks all the cool add-ons that Firefox has. So yeah, I think I am not ready to switch to Google Chrome yet.
    Last edited by Omega Weapon; 09-09-2008 at 01:06 PM.

I installed it.

I like the GUI, it's nice.

I hate the fact that I run two monitors, one at 1680x1050 (widescreen, 22" LCD) and the other at 1280x1024 (typical sized 19" LCD)

If I open the browser on the 1024 monitor and double click the titlebar to maximize, it extends beyond the reach of the monitor, to a 1680 resolution. Obviously that means I can't see a large section. Scroll click on the mouse button also does not activate a scroll function to move the cursor up/down/left/right.

I uninstalled it after a minute of use.

Lack of ad blocking via addon or built in blocking also makes this browser suck for me.
    Last edited by Sean; 09-06-2008 at 09:37 PM.

I've heard and seen the articles and reviews about Google Chrome but why use it when I am happy with my current browser Firefox? It's endlessly extendable and it has everything I need in a browser. Google's going to have to really top themselves if they want to convince me to switch.
    My TFF Family

My Chocolate and Theory lovin' Niece -- Unknown Entity
    My CRAZY NUTTY Aussie sisters -- Tiger Lily and superjj

Magically Delicous Google Chrome Merlin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistress Sheena View Post
    It's pretty much a clone of IE 7, Opera and FireFox built into one; with their own spin on it.
    You forgot Safari. It has the same "Carpet Bombing" vulnerability. Why? Because Google's Chrome is nothing more than a mishmash of open source code, most notably an outdated version of Apple's Webkit.

Google Chrome... a giant COPY+PASTE job of already written code by other people. The correct phrase for this 'invention' is: "Nothing to see here. Move along."

I completely disagree with the above, granted it has a lot of thing copied but its only in bet and its so fast and looks coll that's worth some waiting till the first no beta goes active, do you not think?
    ♥The Morning After Crew♥

Loookiee!:
    Family
    iheartpixels ♥

...means nothing to no way Furore's Avatar
    I think the same as Tech Support.
    I tried it, I disliked it, I'll be sticking with Opera.

The discreet mode in Google Chrome does bugger all...
    Sure it stops the sites from being added to the history, but it still accepts cookies and the like, meaning anyone with even a little knowledge could find the sites you visited anyways. And yeah, it still saves your google searches so when you try googling something in a non discreet tab, it'll show still.
    victoria aut mors

I've been using Firefox since it was Firebird .5, which is a VERY old beta client, and even then it was a much better browser than Chrome. I remember getting so excited when Firefox RC 1.0 hit the site, and even more excited when the first official 1.0 version launched and Firefox really started to catch on since it was no longer a beta.

I fully agree w/ Merlin's post. I started looking more into it because I had heard about the supposed security advances, and found that article Merlin linked to.