View Poll Results: What internet browser do you use?

Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll
  • Internet Explorer

4 10.81%
  • Mozilla Firefox

17 45.95%
  • Google Chrome

12 32.43%
  • other

4 10.81%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: What internet browser do you use?

Shake it like a polaroid picture What internet browser do you use? RagnaToad's Avatar

What internet browser do you use?

I myself find Google Chrome to work perfectly for me. It takes up very little space of your screen, and it runs smoothly. Haven't had too many problems with it yet.

What program do you use, and why? How long have you used this one? Have you ever considered changing?
    Crao Porr Cock8: Getting it while the getting's good

Re: What internet browser do you use?

I used to use Safari all the time, but I use Firefox now because it has No Script. I don't even touch Internet Explorer, every time I use it there's nothing but problems.

I haven't really thought about using anything else.

Ta DA!!!:

Alright, who censored my rocketship?

From The Clint Eastwood
    I'm thinking about creating a hybrid. A dolphin-monkey. Half dolphin, half monkey. Do you think it's possible?
    I was thinking that since I'm artificially creating it, I'll create it with rocket fuel instead of blood, and thus it will be able to fly, using the dolphin's dorsal fins as wings. And from the air, it will look down upon us all and protect us against sharks, and search for bananas.
    Block says:" this one time i got SUPER blazed and was riding with my friend to mcd's and i ran my fingers through my jew fro saying "I just feel like dancing"
    by Alpha: "Hate breeds hate. Love breeds love. F*ck real politik."
    Originally Posted by Michael Swayne
    I find Gypsy to be a very interesting person. In fact, when my hair grows out some more, Gypsy has already laid claim to it when I cut it again.

(ღ˘⌣˘ღ) What internet browser do you use? che's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I use google because it uses less memory than Firefox, and is faster. However, I like Firefox's noscript and applications.

Shake it like a polaroid picture What internet browser do you use? RagnaToad's Avatar

Chrome seems to be faster indeed.

What exactly is No Script?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RagnaToad View Post
    Chrome seems to be faster indeed.

What exactly is No Script?
    Allow active content to run only from sites you trust, and protect yourself against XSS and Clickjacking attacks.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/722/

Basically you get that and you don't need an antivirus if you're smart.

To be honest I use IE at home, well that and Firefox. I use IE for trusted sites and Firefox for all others and secured sites (such as banking access).

At work I have completely switched over the Firefox.

After adding in a few custom add ons with FF I think I am starting to prefer FF over any others. My connection is fast enough at home that loading issues are not a problem for me.

FF seems to be a little more user friendly and I like how you can skin it. There are a few down falls to it but I don't feel like getting into that tonight.
    Soldier: "We suck but we're better then you"

We will fight, we will be strong
    Together we're marching on
    United, we move as one
    Our finest hour has just begun
    Philmore - Our Finest Hour

Crao Porr Cock8! Need I say more!?
    My awards:

Registered User What internet browser do you use?

Firefox.

Used to just use IE, but then I got concerned over my computer's safety and stuff, and decided to switch. I've been using it for a few months now (maybe 3 or so...). I don't think I'll be switching to anything else, because Firefox seems to work just fine for me.
    Click at your own risk.:
    Proud Member of:
    Por Rorr Kitty9
    "Mess with us, and the claws come out!"
    Evil BAD Guys
    "Not just evil...not just bad...EVIL BAD!"
    The above userbar was made for me by FATE!!! He is awesome.
    The above banner was made for me by VIVIMASTERMAGE!!! He is awesome as well.

...means nothing to no way Furore's Avatar

Opera.
    Marketshare's so small no-one really seems to specifically target it, it has plugins that can block ads/javascript etc, seems to pioneer features before they're introduced to Firefox half the time, is the fastest browser I've used and uses less system resources than both Firefox and Internet Explorer. I doubt I'll be changing browsers any time soon.

Google Chrome I'm somewhat wary about due to hearing much of it's code is open source which gives anyone with a malicious intent a little leg up with their ideas.
    victoria aut mors

Registered User What internet browser do you use? winterborn86's Avatar

Mozilla firefox

My TFF Family

My FFVII addicted nephew: Secret weapon
    My Bullet lovin half wolf cousin: Raider
    My complete FFVII nut sister: Unkown entity
    My Freya obsessed, grammar nazi brother: Doc rocco

Learner What internet browser do you use? CloudTide's Avatar

firefox is the best
    ~ Victus per Veneratio ~

I use Internet Explorer and it is the best thing that I use and I will never give it up.

Memento Rhapso What internet browser do you use? Rhaps's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I use the ol' IE because I have yet to download Chrome or Firefox. So far I've gotten nothing malicious, but then again I haven't done a whole lot with this computer involving important things like I.D. I rarely buy things on the interweb, so I'm good. the worst thing that happens is once every few days Norton Anit-Virus tries to install itself because it thinks the cookies on my computer are hazardous (tracker cookies like Youtube's and Gmail's)
    I don't even use Norton!

*I'm now a FireFox user and proud! Much faster and less laggy
    Last edited by Rhaps; 07-02-2010 at 12:02 PM.

CPC8- 'fo bros, 'fo life, 'fo shizzle

SPOILER!!:
    I won something :3

Also member of something that won another thing

Don't click this.

Blog Entries

I've been using Firefox for years and intend to keep doing so. My system has more than enough resources to run it with plenty to spare, even when I've got multiple windows and tabs open. NoScript is awesome, as is Adblock Plus and WOT when it comes to computer security. I use Internet Explorer for Microsoft Updates and for my employee insurance, solely because that is the only browser that will work for these two things.

Just because you haven't gotten anything malicious yet, there's no reason to keep putting yourself at risk. You don't even have to be visiting a known malicious site, there could be bad or malicious code in anything, including banner ads. Don't even have to click anything, either. Malware does more than just steal your ID, it can also seriously mess up your computer and could unknowingly be passed on to your friends and family via email, messengers, etc.

Anyways, aside from the security features I love all the add-ons and such. I don't have a ton of them, I just add or remove them now and then based on my usage. I'm not sure about the personas yet though, many of the ones I've been interested in just weren't designed well. I suspect they'll improve quite a bit with time so I haven't discounted them out of hand.

~DragonHeart~
    Family: Psiko, Mistress Sheena, Djinn

Death Before Dishonor What internet browser do you use? Josh_R's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I have been using Firefox for quite some time. It is faster and much more reliable than IE.

In high school we used to use Safari. Awful browser. It was slow running, and caused multiple problems for our school server. So me, and a few others switched the server over to Firefox. Awesome browser.

Sitting here waiting for Rocky, and Che to notice me!!

Blog Entries

Web Browser Performance

Found this website while stumbling the internetz. Has some pretty good info on the major browsers for comparison.

I stream Bloodborne, FFXIV, and occasionally other games.
    http://www.twitch.tv/justwipeitguys

Quote Originally Posted by chad View Post
    Web Browser Performance

Found this website while stumbling the internetz. Has some pretty good info on the major browsers for comparison.
    Nice comparison.

This confirms my expectations. No wonder IE is getting less popular.

Google Chrome is even better than I thought. I use it. That must mean I am awesome.

This ain't no place for no hero What internet browser do you use? Tiffany's Avatar

I use Firefox.

I can't staaaand IE. For some reason it always seemed to load slower, even on the same internet connection. I just looked at the link Chad posted and yeah, now it makes sense as to why I thought that.

Registered User What internet browser do you use? darknesse's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Internet explorer here. Ive never had my own computer, so ive never really been able to use anything else. Soonish though... i think ill try out both of the obvious alternatives, ive only heard good things about firefox and google chrome.
    ~Blink your eyes just once and see everything in ruin

Embrace the night my friends

私は。。。思い出にはならないさ What internet browser do you use? chaosweapon's Avatar

I have all popular browsers installed on my computer, primarily because I make sure that any web page I make is compatible with most browsers.

I normally use Opera to browse the internet. It has the best User Interface and provides the best representation of a webpage in my opinion. Sometimes I do face compatibility problems but only with websites that excessively use javascript. On the whole it's okay, I'm really satisfied with the speed and its features.

The Lone Dagger What internet browser do you use? Xithor's Avatar

I have four browsers that are installed on my computer: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, and Google Chrome.

I used to use Mozilla a lot but I have recently been using Google Chrome the most, idk I just like how it is presented and looks on screen. But Mozilla is a close second.

Wanna Know More:
    Like Kingdom Hearts? Come join the Black Dawn RP!

My latest videos:
    DBZ AMV - Breathe Into Me
    Final Fantasy XIII - My Hands
    Kingdom Hearts - Stand My Ground
    Naruto - Way Away
    Other Videos on my YouTube Channel: Xithor22's Channel

Crash Boom Bang What internet browser do you use? Lily's Avatar

Firefox

I used to use IE but it gave me nothing but drama, so I was practically forced to change to Firefox by a pal, and I've used it ever since. I don't liek change though, so it took a while to convince me, even if IE WAS being a shit

TFFF Ghost What internet browser do you use? Howling Wind's Avatar

Apple Safari.

Its simple and light. Has tons of developer plugins I make use of.
    Spit out your stride gum and chew another piece already... or I'll haunt you.

Chrome

Used to use Firefox back when it was still Firebird (or whatever it was.... can't remember now) and in beta. I donated to the company, bought their t-shirts, etc.... but Chrome just works so much better that I don't want to go back. It's faster, easier, lets me kill single tabs, lets me pull out single tabs without reloading the page (this is because each tab is an individual process under Windows) and is just faster and sleeker.

Blog Entries

aw yeah internet explorer yeah
    †SOLDIER† - "Yep still better than you"
    CPC8: It's hard out here for a pimp.™

hahas, updated July 28th (oldie but goodie!):
    Quote Originally Posted by from the CPC8
    Pete: Meier, don't even lie. I know you were going on a nice little tear before you settled down with the new gf

che: rofl <3 Meier.

Loaf: Meier is the best.

Meier: Hey Pete, I said I started to, it just didn't end the with the same number of women. Then again this one is kind of on the outs with me if she doesn't straighten up and fly right so that means I will be back in it for the thrill of the kill. Got some in the reserves. Even got a rePETEr (<---- like that ay? AYYYYY?) on the back burner.

Block: I do like the rePETEr except it kinda makes it sound like you're going to pork Pete. No homo.

(Updated April 13th 2013)Currently Playing: League of Legends, FTL, Dead Island, Borderlands 2, KotoR 2

Registered User What internet browser do you use? HUNK's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I used google chrome for awhile but since my computer was pretty low-tech it only slowed me down.

I use the good-ole-fashion internet explorer now.

I will finish the hunt What internet browser do you use? Cheesevixen's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I voted. I'm a firefox girl. <3Heard too many bad things about IE.
    "Some men just want to watch the world burn"

Let darkness overshadow the light.. What internet browser do you use? Angel of Iniquity's Avatar

I use Safari.
    I loved Google chrome but my Svchost stopped working correctly and now Google chrome won't let me open it... O.o

Plus, from what I understand, it takes less Page memory than the others.

Your pathetic existence will shut down. I will make your lives end in ruin. Fear me, as you fear death. Not a threat, not a promise, but what must be finished. 7 final arcs...

Warlord of Your Mom What internet browser do you use? ultima_trev's Avatar

Opera FTW.

Since it's so minimalistic in terms of features and marketshare, only once in a blue moon am I going to find exploits for it.

Chrome is my second choice, which I only use when a site won't render on Opera.

Undisputed masters of all creation since 2004.11.11.

Ellipsis What internet browser do you use? Meigumi's Avatar
    Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Firefox is much safer to use for me. I don't use any other browser (occasionally IE), and I don't want to download another browser, such as Google Chrome--there's enough programs I use, I don't need any more! x_x

I wish the memory usage would be back the way it used to be, I don't like how it's always the number one program on my Task Manager when I arrange it by memory usage. It also has a slow start-up, but the safety it provides is worth it.
    .....And I also stole that cupcake.

TFF Family~:

Ice-cream loving brother Fate
    The great benevolent dark lord Elyon Demidias
    Lovable doll ViviMasterMage
    Soul Stealing, Chaos-loving, Pom-pom eating older brother Alther Feyz Lucifer Primus
    The Awesome and Dashing Thief, ethan
    The Stealthy Swordsman of Poetic Power, genome's blade

&amp;amp;amp;amp;quot;my destiny evades me&amp;amp;amp;amp;quot; What internet browser do you use? magewarrior's Avatar
    I've never tried any of the other browsers except for Chrome and I didn't really like it that much so I use Internet explorer instead. If I'm on my iPod then I use the default browser Safari.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast