View Poll Results: Which Mobile O/S doe you prefer?

Voters
1. You may not vote on this poll
  • Microsoft's Windows Phone or Windows for ARM

1 100.00%
  • Google's Android

0 0%
  • Apple's iOS

0 0%
  • Blackberry

0 0%
  • Symbian

0 0%
  • Palm

0 0%
  • Other...

0 0%

Thread: Best Mobile O/S?

Warlord of Your Mom Best Mobile O/S? ultima_trev's Avatar

Best Mobile O/S?

I'm going to admit that I detest Apple products with all my being. The exuberant prices of their hardware and minuscule life cycle of their Operating Systems irk me to no end.

I think Google had a good idea with using an open source kernel (i.e. Linux) for their Droid OS. However, just like with iOS, there seems to be a new major release at least once a year, thus rendering your fancy $350 smart phone or $500 tablet obsolete in no time flat. I thought Android 4, AKA Ice Cream Sandwich, was going to be Droid's ascension to greatness, but since Android 5 is already in the works and due out soon, perhaps I was wrong.

I'm sure, just as always, Microsoft will eventually get the formula right and dominate in this market as they do in the desktop arena now. Windows Phone 8 might very well be the product that guarantees them such dominance, or hell, maybe Windows 8 since it will support ARM-based SOCs.

As for Blackberry, Symbian or Palm... LULZ!! Does anybody actually use those outside of employer provisioning these days?
    Last edited by ultima_trev; 02-29-2012 at 10:59 AM.