Thread: Anyone own an iPhone?

don't put your foot in there guy SOLDIER #819's Avatar

Anyone own an iPhone?

I've been thinking about buying one somewhere toward the end of the summer, when they'll probably have released new models. I just wanted to know if people had any impressions about them though. Obviously first-hand experience is best, but any important points heard down the grapevine would be nice too.

My biggest concern is battery life. It would be really nice to consolidate a phone and an mp3 player in/on each pocket, but I'm worried I'll lose complete functionality of both appliances simply by talking for a while, or idly listening. The current model boasts some pretty decent specs, but they're only estimates. Any experiences on that front?

Oh, and is the plan reasonable for AT&T customers? Family plan maybe?

I hope the next model makes the jump to a 32 gig... or maybe even a 64.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromeda
    just turn off your PS3 or 360 go to your dust tomb and say you'll give birth to 1500 people a day for the 1000 that'll be killed until the doors to hades open and you can pull out ar tonelico and turn on that glorous PS2 and be bathed in its radiant warm glow

well i just own an ipod touch... it's a good stuff though!

Saved from wrath
    Romans 6:23

I have an iPhone, I got it November last year.
    The design of the item is good, nice and sleek - but of course due to its black colour (I don't know... do they do white? Well I have the black) it's prone to finger marks etc. So a protective case is worth the investment or something...
    If you like on screen touch typing and dialing again it's good. The keys are reasonable in size. Umm... You have the ability to have the phone in portrait and landscape angels (if you know what I mean xD I'm sure there are better terms for describing it), which indeed do come in handy.
    Easy internet access if you have a connection... You can set up your e-mail if you want notifications...
    It has the iCalender thing in it which is a neat system....
    Umm.. battery life. I tend to find it varies. If you have it on standby by most the time it goes on for ages. If you're listening to music then it's not a bad battery life... Watching movies on it though - I think that drains it.
    I haven't had to charge my iPhone for a couple of days now, and it's been used.

Also for games and nice novelty things, you can download free stuff on iTunes. Which is always nice. And of course if you are feeling generous you ca purchase stuff too.

I'd say it's worth it if you willing to invest. The iPod, iPhone they're both timeless designs so it shouldn't be going out of fashion anytime soon like other models of phones ^~.

Following the path for truth...

and ending the dream.

Che
    I've had one for about 3 months. No problems at all, amazingly convenient, etc. I can't really think of anything bad to say about it other than it was tricky to get used to the on-screen texting at first, but it's a breeze now.

Then again I'm not usually one to be really picky about phones and things like that.

Thanks for the feedback guys. I'm more or less hellbent on buying this phone now. I have no idea when they did it, but their newest model is now up on Apple's site. The specs look great. 32 gigabytes, improved battery life... I'm going to wait a week to cool off and see if there isn't some horrible bug, and then buy it I think. Unless there's a reason I shouldn't?

Though I still need to figure out if I can integrate the iPhone data plan into a family plan.

Edit: Looks like I'll be waiting two weeks. AT&T is pre-ordering for the 19th?

And Che, holy. You bringing that name back brings back all sorts of memories.
    Last edited by SOLDIER #819; 06-09-2009 at 02:03 AM.
    just turn off your PS3 or 360 go to your dust tomb and say you'll give birth to 1500 people a day for the 1000 that'll be killed until the doors to hades open and you can pull out ar tonelico and turn on that glorous PS2 and be bathed in its radiant warm glow

Che
    I haven't heard anything about the new iPhone. I have a 8gig 3G. Probably wise to wait a few weeks and let people provide some feedback first.

PS. Hi Soldier

I've more or less been forced to sit still for now. Looking it over, they changed the headset design to include some other buttons. I don't want to chance an issue with older 3rd party headsets, but I haven't had many good experiences with iPod earbuds either. And when the 3rd parties come out, they could get expensive. So that's that.

But as Che said it's wiser to wait, so here's some incentive for that!

i just saw a tv commercial about the new iphone... it can now take videos from the camera!! pretty good stuff... i hope i can get one though i'm still enjoying my ipod touch...

Saved from wrath
    Romans 6:23