Thread: Any monitor recommendations?

Blog Entries

Any monitor recommendations?

I'm shopping for a newer monitor I can use for college and shite. Some things I am looking for is something that could be from 19-22 inches, also something that preferably has a low input delay, like 2ms or less. I'm budgeting around $200 or so, could go higher if there is something out there that's really good, but staying in that range would be ideal.

tl;dr, looking for a 22"/2ms portable monitor for about $200 usd. Any recommendations?
    †SOLDIER† - "Yep still better than you"
    CPC8: It's hard out here for a pimp.™

hahas, updated July 28th (oldie but goodie!):
    Quote Originally Posted by from the CPC8
    Pete: Meier, don't even lie. I know you were going on a nice little tear before you settled down with the new gf

che: rofl <3 Meier.

Loaf: Meier is the best.

Meier: Hey Pete, I said I started to, it just didn't end the with the same number of women. Then again this one is kind of on the outs with me if she doesn't straighten up and fly right so that means I will be back in it for the thrill of the kill. Got some in the reserves. Even got a rePETEr (<---- like that ay? AYYYYY?) on the back burner.

Block: I do like the rePETEr except it kinda makes it sound like you're going to pork Pete. No homo.

(Updated April 13th 2013)Currently Playing: League of Legends, FTL, Dead Island, Borderlands 2, KotoR 2

Che

Re: Any monitor recommendations?

If you're looking for cheap stuff, sometimes you can find really really cheap monitors on Woot : One Day, One Deal (SM) . There's an iPhone app too to keep track of it if you wanna keep track of that.

EDIT: nvm
    Last edited by Che; 04-20-2010 at 10:31 PM.

Re: Any monitor recommendations?

This one's on clearance, picked one up a few weeks ago for my mom

Newegg.com - SAMSUNG 22" 5ms Height &Pivot Adjustable Stand Black Widescreen LCD Monitor 300 cd/m2 DC 8000:1(1000:1)

I have an older model of that one, had it for about 3 years now with no issues whatsoever.

I have the 19" version of this one as my secondary monitor, without the built-in speakers.

Newegg.com - ASUS VW225TL Black 22" 5ms Height/Swivel/Tilt adjustable Widescreen LCD Monitor 300 cd/m2 8000 :1 (ASCR) Built-in Speakers

The Samsung would be your best bet, a 2ms 22" LCD that isn't shit quality is generally going to run you more than $200, that Samsung is a steal right now.
    Last edited by Sean; 04-21-2010 at 12:55 AM.