Thread: 120hz enthusiasts.

Boxer of the Galaxy 120hz enthusiasts. Rowan's Avatar

120hz enthusiasts.

Recently purchsed a monitor, didnt come with the connections advertised. Its a samsung TA95027inch LED beautiful screen. Only problem is that HDMI is the only input I have for a connection to my desktop. HDMI cannot run 120 hertz. now Im wondering if I can stream 120 hertz with DVI-D to HDMI cable.

currently, DVI-D and display port are the only known connections/cables able to produce a 120 hertz refresh rate at 1080p. Im wondering if the hdmi end of the DVI-D to HDMI cable will bottleneck the data. I believe the only way to truly find out is by testing it as it could either have the guts of a HDMI or the guts of a DVI-D. I was wondering if anyone out there has used a DVI-D to hdmi cable. Its a long shot, but hoping to hear back.

Cheers.

Boxer of the Galaxy 120hz enthusiasts. Rowan's Avatar

Re: 120hz enthusiasts.

Just realised it wouldnt work. A chain is only as strong as its weakest link. Ive swapped the monitor over for the model that comes with the connections I need. All is well.

Warlord of Your Mom 120hz enthusiasts. ultima_trev's Avatar

Re: 120hz enthusiasts.

HDMI sucks. Regardless of how uberkill my system is for most games, the HDMI input caps me at 24Hz. I use it strictly because I've gaming on an HDTV, which doesn't support DVI (which it probably should in this day and age) and I don't currently feel like dropping 1.5 grand on a 27 or 30 inch 2560*xxxx monitor.

Undisputed masters of all creation since 2004.11.11.