Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9

Thread: Writers Academy (Previously Demonia)

Come on now, let's not fall into inactivity people!
    I get pumped to do some RPing and all of you take off!
    Well, just let me know if you are interested.
    I started a thread in the RPB section and if you don't like it I don't mind making up a new character. I just wanna get some action!
    Women
    Can't live with 'em,
    but I LOVE
    TiTTiES!
    <iurl=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4RXVpQ8tG1A>Hit in the USA?</url>

Lady Succubus Writers Academy (Previously Demonia) Victoria's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    No offense Ghost, but people have lives, and it's only been 2 days. =\
    This forum isn't as crazy as Gaia Online, as you may have noticed. xD;
    And to begin with, there aren't many people in the club anyway.

And the RPing community within this forum, as you may have noticed, isn't exactly booming. ^_^;;

'tis the school season. Xeim is especially busy. But in any case, the Inner RP still needs to be worked on before it can start.

Morning Always Comes Writers Academy (Previously Demonia) Xeim's Avatar
    Inner RP Final:

Characters

Characters in the inner RP are loosely based on you. You don’t have to use your real age or name, but please base your character’s personality on your own. You will not be fighting with these characters. They are merely the characters that attend our school, Writer’s Academy. These characters will attend classes and other social events.

Name:

Appearance:

Personality:

Background:

Classes

Classes are an important aspect of this inner RP. They each help you to better a certain aspect of writing. All members must choose at least 3 classes (but I’ll be flexible on that rule..) from the list below. These classes will determine the types of training activities you are allowed to do. Training activities are detailed in the first post, and it is recommended that members participate in them from time to time. After signing up for your initial classes, additional classes can be chosen every other day of the week-except Sundays.

Basically, if you join grammar class, you can join grammar training activities, but if you do not join spelling, you cannot join spelling training activities (and whatever other activities people come up with).

Classes will be added on as needed, and the leaders and I reserve the right to throw members (and each other) into certain classes if we feel the need.

-Grammar (sent structure, punctuation, etc.)

-Spelling

-Tense Shifts

-Detail (description)

-Flow

-Vocabulary

--

You do not have to post for this inner RP every time you post (but it is recommended you do so more than not). The goal of this is to create the atmosphere of an Academy and to help improve writing on a smaller scale.

”Story”

I’ll keep this as simple and easy to figure out as possible. We are all people with a love of writing. We all want to better our writing, whether we’re already good or not. To do this, we take specific classes that will help us.
    --

Now, don’t let the word “RP” fool you. I am not planning this as a large scale Rp where members are making exceptionally long and eloquent posts detailing what happened to them in certain classes. That would get too complex and confusing, and would move slower than Memories of a Shinigami (hehe… ^^; ). This is a small-scale RP, whose posts will not be ten pages long. The storyline does not need to be perfectly connected. Now, that doesn’t mean you don’t need post flow. For specific scenes, you DO need such a thing. I’ll come back to this.

Now, due to all the arguing in the thread, I’m expanding the inner RP even more. If you want to bring something up in the club (i.e and idea for a formal club RP), you’ll do so through the club RP.

I am going to use Hyz as an example, here. Hyz, don’t murder me. You were the first person that came to mind. xD

Hyz wants to start a new RP that will be W. Academy only. So, naturally, she needs to consult the club members. Her post would look like this:

Quote Originally Posted by Hyz (in theory)
    Aimee called out to Toph and the others from across the hall. “Hey guys! I have something I need to talk to you about! Meet me at Brady’s Coffee at three, ok?” And, with a wave, she was off.
    Now, even if we’re in the middle of a scene detailing… (more random names here) Dragonheart writing an awesome short story about fairies, we’ll wrap it up in a post, and go off to “Brady’s coffee.” If DH wants to discuss the events of the scene further, she can do so at a later time.

We’ll then discuss Hyz’s new Rp while in character. So, be careful what aspects of your personality you choose to list in your profile.

Now, don’t complain to me that this will be too hard. It will be harder than spewing typo and anger-ridden posts, but that’s just the point, loves. You need to think just that much more about what you’re saying…and maybe you’ll realize how argumentative you sound. It, in theory, limits our largest problem.

Remember, that if you describe yourself as “kind and caring,” but then get worked up and yell, you’re going out of character. And, that lands you in a class about staying in character (we don’t have one yet, but we’ll open one. Trust me.). So, if you aren’t careful, you could get thrown into a required class, where you are required to do certain exercises.

Fun, right? It’s like detention. =P

Now, if you’re not argumentative in the slightest, don’t go putting that in your profile to cover your arse. Because then that’s an inaccurately designed profile (a profile that doesn’t follow my guidelines) and…well, you know what happens.

--

Ok, so let’s say no one wants to talk about club buisness, and we don’t feel like being in class. What do we do? Partay. =P From having a “last minute” school dance, to having irresponsible parties, or just going out to gossip and eat ice cream…there’s something fun to do in the RP universe. If we want to make a certain “social event” like these something bigger and deeper, we can open a thread for it. Titled something like “Writer’s Academy Inner RP- Ice Cream at Zora’s!”

But most of the inner Rp will take place within the club thread. It’ll replace the mundane discussions with something more spiced up. I would love to hear no complaints about this. My reason for keeping it in the thread is simple- if you’re worried about it dying, it won’t die. And why would I call it an inner Rp if it wasn’t going to be one? I follow a path of simple logic when making decisions like this, so that’s my final word.

Another little aspect here, is discussing another member’s writing. While in a class, or even at lunch/breaks we can hold a conversation with one of the club members to talk about how much they’ve improved, and suggestions to keep them on such a good path. (Or tell them to get things together if they haven’t been trying…)

And, the possibilities aren’t limited to the ideas I’ve mentioned here. As ideas are come up with, the lists expand.

Organizing Activities and the Student Council

Activities will be organized by the student council. The student council members will be chosen by their “peers,” and will (obviously) be members of the club.

How exactly will they be chosen? Well, there won’t be any long speeches about how they’ll bring golden mechanical pencils into the classrooms, or how toilet paper will become easier to write on.

It’s simple- they design a battlefield. These battlefields (and a template will be given) will be given to Toph (who will not be on the initial council, and will not vote) through PM, and will be posted in the thread without the people’s names attached. The members will vote on what fields they like the best, and the four fields (that number is subject to change based upon number of active members) that get the most votes will be the winners. Well, rather the people will be.

Now, I believe Dragonheart had an idea near the beginning of the thread about something to do with battlefields that we were going to incorporate here? DH, if you ever come around, or if anyone remembers, speak up. ^^;

The elected members won’t be final. If someone becomes inactive they’ll be replaced. And, members can challenge other members for their positions through an RPB.

The initial positions:

President- battlefield with most votes

Vice-President- second most votes

Secretary- third

Treasurer- fourth.

As far as the present goes, the titles hold no meaning. If we want to give each title a specific job in future, we can.

So remember the point of all this? Organization. The student council comes up with most of the training exercises that show up in the classes. If you are not on the council, but want your idea heard, PM it to them for an evaluation. If they decide to use it, you’ll work with one or all of them to bring it into reality.

RPs and RPBs are NOT up to them alone. Those kinds of things concern every single active member.

Also, the making of new classes only has to go by me. And, even if only one person wants to sign up for a class, we’ll still make it. We aren’t going to keep anyone from improvement.

Activities

I’ve mentioned most of what I have in mind already, but:

--social events like dances

--discussion on member development

--suggestions for how members can improve, and recommendations for classes they might want to begin taking

--random dramatic sequences (as in drama drama. Like…you get rejected by a group of (non member) friends).

--You sitting in a class, paying attention (or not) to that class

--discussion on club activities.

--And whatever else was mentioned or will be mentioned

All in character.

-----

Now, I've let you guys talk for a good while now (because I've been busy! Funny how things work out!), so I assume you've let all your current ideas be heard. Therefore, now that I've posted the final, this is the exact version we're implementing. If something doesn't work out, we'll fix it. But not until we've proven it doesn't work out. xD

Looking forward to character profiles!
    Last edited by Xeim; 02-24-2008 at 09:36 PM.

"A promised land where fairies wait, with room just enough for two. So deliver me, help me to forget the tribulations of the day and to stay in this dream of night, where I can be thinking of you forever- take me to my bliss." - Ora and Sue's "Clover"

Only the Greatest Stuffs:

Honored to be 2008's Best Roleplayer alongside Dragonheart.

Image of Tsubasa's Fay from the Infinity arc colored and cleaned by moi. Sig by moi, aussi.

Lady Rika is my Sacrifice Echoless

My TFF Family
    Froggie, Nick, Lady Rika, Darkwolf, Sinister,
    Flash, Craven, Ann, CLOUD, Kaos_Dragon,
    Mistress Sheena, Silver, Tiger Lily, Yuuki, Halie, Rocco
    Jenova33,
    Dark Rider, Fishie, Refieth

A Xeim and Halie Peanut Butter Corporation
    Xeilie Peanut Butter, now featuring sitting ducks and deformed monkeys!

Evenesca, Halie and my home planet.
    It is a wonderful world ruled by Reno, where rainbow skin is a common sight.
    Odd numbers are illegal, hence the even number of words in this paragraph.

Member of FF Cult

Professional Klutz. Writers Academy (Previously Demonia) Hyzenthlay's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeim
    I am going to use Hyz as an example, here. Hyz, don’t murder me. You were the first person that came to mind. xD
    Growl? Lol.

Nah I'm kidding =]. Erm, okay then. I have a few questions concerning this though which is:-

- Should we make a map or whatever? So that we know rooms an things, to make it more realistic I suppose. So that we don't end up having somebody talk to us from half a mile away. =P

- Are we having cliques? Detentions? Bullys? Relationships... Prefects? Just some real life stuff we could incorperate... Not necessary but it may make the whole thing more interesting.

Thanks, Aimee.
    Cogito, ergo sum.
    PRK9, putting the Kitty back in Por Rorr.
    Most likely to have supernatural babies- TFF Bogus Awards 2009- Winner

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyzenthlay
    - Should we make a map or whatever? So that we know rooms an things, to make it more realistic I suppose. So that we don't end up having somebody talk to us from half a mile away. =P

- Are we having cliques? Detentions? Bullys? Relationships... Prefects? Just some real life stuff we could incorperate... Not necessary but it may make the whole thing more interesting.

Thanks, Aimee.
    The second one should be rather easy to answer. I assume in her list of activities where it says "Random dramatic sequences", those things fall under that category, so it's safe to say we'll have all those things.

And the first question doesn't seem like a bad idea.

HRH Albha Writers Academy (Previously Demonia) Aerif's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Yes, I agree a map is a good idea, but probably more suited to the surrounding area and town.

I don't know if Xeim has any ideas on the matter but if nothing is happening concerning it (or basically if anything does happen). I think I'll be producing my own version of the grounds, town, school etc. (Through 32-bit sprite mapping) which will be more accurate if a little more information is given out about these things. Whether I'll publicise it or not depends on whether it's wanted or not

Ya, I used that as an excuse to post >.>;

Because "I don't see anything wrong with it" seems to short.
    Last edited by Aerif; 02-25-2008 at 03:43 PM.

Banners and Stuff:

˙uɐɔ I ʍouʞ I <- uɐɔ I ssǝnƃ I¿sıɥʇ op I uɐƆ

Last signature update: 02/08/2014

Blog Entries
    Hey, a sprite map doesn't seem too bad. I'd like to see it made. xD
    Xeim won't be around for the next few days cause of school and all, so hopefully we'll kink out the information when she gets back.

Or you can just make it up.. It's not like it's been set in stone beforehand or anything.
    I mean you're a leader too Aerif, use your leadership thingies and take initiative! Make the map! XD

HRH Albha Writers Academy (Previously Demonia) Aerif's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I'll get to it soon, though the finished product will probably take a while, even if it was just designing the exterior of the school. Unfortunatly, sprite mapping is usually restricted to medieval-European-esque features, but for some reason it seems to fit the idea of Writer's Academy, even if it is set in present time.

I also have to write up RPB posts for Hyz and Celtic Silver. So I'll probably not start till tomorrow

Banners and Stuff:

˙uɐɔ I ʍouʞ I <- uɐɔ I ssǝnƃ I¿sıɥʇ op I uɐƆ

Last signature update: 02/08/2014

Pardon my extended absence.

I like the idea of maps. I kind of want one for the interior of the school as well as the surrounding grounds. They don't have to be made by the same person, and don't need to be finished right away. We may even want to add to them as we go along and come up with new spots in the surrounding town and such. Otherwise, I leave the layout of the maps in the creative hands of their makers.

Well, we need profiles. I think we only have darkwolf, hyz, and storm. Toph posted a teacher profile, but i want him to be a student, too. =P

And, the matter of Ghost was never decided upon. What's the verdict, oh mighty judge peoples?

Uhm, yeah. xD I'll have my profile soon. For now though, I think that's all there is to post on.

--Xeim--

"A promised land where fairies wait, with room just enough for two. So deliver me, help me to forget the tribulations of the day and to stay in this dream of night, where I can be thinking of you forever- take me to my bliss." - Ora and Sue's "Clover"

Image of Tsubasa's Fay from the Infinity arc colored and cleaned by moi. Sig by moi, aussi.

My TFF Family
    Jenova33,

Member of FF Cult

Lone Wolf Writers Academy (Previously Demonia) Darkwolf's Avatar
    Well, since the last post in this club has been.....well at least a few weeks ago I guess I'm going to try to take a shot at it.

If we need a map, I can see if I can hand-draw a layout (I suck at doing lines on paint and whatever) so if you want a quick school layout to start with so we can actually start with the inner rp and get the club going again I would be happy to, I just seem bored of seeing no posts for so long. Despite the fact that I don't post that much, I still check the club to see what's going on. I'm going to see if I can post one tomorrow at latest. Despite if anyone would even care about it, I'm going to at least TRY to do something with my boredom.

So I'll grab a piece of paper, and see what I can draw up while I'm in school. If nothing else I can do something other than sleep in class ^^

...Yeah. This club's really died. I guess you guys didn't like the inner RP afterall? xD

Dark, I'd appriciate anything you can come up with. ^^ But, we can start the inner RP without a map.

So, I guess the question here is:

Who's still interested? This should really be Toph's job, but since not even he's posting... o_O

If there's still interest, I'll be getting a profile for my inner Rp character out really soon.

My TFF Family
    Jenova33,

Member of FF Cult

Blog Entries
    Uh, if there was still interest, this wouldn't be dead. >_>;
    And yes, it's supposed to be my 'job', but why bother? I don't like doing that. If a club dies, it dies.

Writers Academy (Previously Demonia) Red's Avatar
    haha wow, I haven't been here in awhile. whats been going on in this club? it sounded like it was going to be interesting but I left awhile back because things kinda got all cerfuffled.

Blog Entries
    ...You answered your own question. This club is dead. Duh? So, obviously, nothing's been going on?

Writers Academy (Previously Demonia) Red's Avatar
    I didn't answer my own question, I just felt like re-visitnig, but I remember why I left now. because of users like you.

Lone Wolf Writers Academy (Previously Demonia) Darkwolf's Avatar
    well, I DID make the map. If anyone really cares, I'll post it. Xeim, if you really want to make a surge to get things going again, you DO have the file. It's just a stupid little thing I did up in Paint, using my original drawing and just copying it into the digital world. yay >.>

so I'm going to leave that to Xeim
    Really, this is sickening. When Alexander started this club, he may have been a bad leader, but he DID draw people in, and they were active. Now, it's like everyone doesn't even care anymore. I'd personally rather have a club that's DOING something, even if it's screwed up, than nothing at all. Better to try and get it wrong than not to try at all. >.>

Blog Entries
    Alexander was just a dup account of Hyzenthlay and her friend, though. Hyz don't really go here anymore.

And what I was trying to get across, Red, is that you asked what has been going on. But.. obviously nothing. That's all that I'm trying to say. By viewing this thread and reading what is going on, you essentially answered your own question that way. That's all I was trying to say. Stop being so snippy. =\

But even way back when Alex was around, the club wasn't that active. And besides, it was all just bickering and stuff anyway. What good is that?

We tried to bring back the old members, but they showed no interest. Even the newer members show no interest.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9