Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25

Thread: Wish House

Genocide Unfolds, I Forgive All Chez Daja's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyo-san View Post
    What are you TALKING about?? I absolutely LOVE the "make you jump" scares. That's when you know it's a GOOD scare...
    Yeah, but that isn't really 'Silent Hill', is it? I remember jumping a couple of times in Alchemilla, SH1, when the gunshots went off in the little room, but that's about it.

As Silent Hill in general is jam-packed with such horrors, I'm sure neither of us will be too dsappointed. And if we are (forbid) I guess it'll just give us something to bitch about. But, on my account, if it's at all possible, I'd prefer not to bitch about much Silent Hill-related...
    Agreed... I've never disliked anything Silent Hill, and if homecoming turns out to be shite, then I'm going to play through again and again until I DO like it. >_>

The person in my avatar is me.

THIS SIGNATURE IS VERY DISTRACTINGS

I was the holder of the highest amount of rep that ever lived on TFF. 1788. lolz. I ween.

Did you just say "cheesy jeans"? Wish House Bryan 2.0's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chez
    Agreed... I've never disliked anything Silent Hill, and if homecoming turns out to be shite, then I'm going to play through again and again until I DO like it.
    Good thing it turned out to be super sweet.

I just beat the game for the third time tonight, working on the fourth as we speak. Anyone else played it?

I'm actually quite pleased with how it turned out. It seems to be getting mediocre scores across the board (at least from what I've seen), but I see this game as another Silent Hill classic.

Opinions?
    <center>

</center>

I will be getting Silent Hill Homecoming when it comes out in February, however I've watched bits and pieces of it off the web and I think it looks great. I will definately be getting this game. I hear Xbox360 version is best, which is lucky.

BRING ON THE SILENT HILL!

I wonder if they'll be making anymore Silent Hill titles? I don't feel as if Silent Hill is over just yet... I would like to revisit Brookhaven Hospital and Midwich Elementary... Still, I don't know if they could do anything else with Midwich...

I've heard two sets of rumours though;

SH1 remake. Heard this one two years ago and not much since. I heard the idea was scraped but they'll consider it in a couple of years.

SH2 uncut remake; This one was only a while ago and Akira Yamaoka was mentioning how a lot of Silent Hill 2 had been covered up to be less graphic and that they'd now ike to recreate some of Silent Hill 2 with new things and cutscenes that were originally taken out. Exciting! Bet it'll never happen, though.

I was the holder of the highest amount of rep that ever lived on TFF. 1788. lolz. I ween.

OK I guess that I am the new guy to the group now, thanks Chez for the invite. As stated in my PM, I am greatful for the invite and gladly accept.

As for now I currently own, SH, SH2, SH3, and SH4TR. My personal favorites of the 4 are 1 and 3. The pure shock value of 1 was astounding the first time I played through (2 weeks after its origianl release) I found a strange love for the game and could not put it down until I had full completion. As for 3 I love how it carried on teh original story and put closure to some of gaps that where left open on the first.

Honestly I found the room to be the weakest of the stories that I have played so far, don't get me wrong it was still great, but to me it kind of lacked what the others had. But the concept of being trapped in a single room with only a few peep holes was really freaky and as the portals grew I did find myself getting more intrigued with the over all story. I found it very amusing to call the phone number listed on the billboard located outside the living room eaerly on in the game, I did not have the guide and dialed it as a joke, it did make me just I will admit.

As for 2 I loved this title too and I have had quite a few conversations with Chez about this in the past. The only real complaint I had with this one was that it was easy for me and the puzzles where not that difficult. But Pyrimid Head truely scared the shit out of me on my first incounter with him.

I have been trying to catch up on the conversations you guys have had in the past and I have made it to about page 12, there are alot of interesting theories and for the most part of what I have read I would have to agree with the majority of what has been said for the most part. Chez I find it amazing that after so many replays on 2 that your opinion of James and the crew hasn't really changed much in two years (refering to post 22). That perticular post was very interesting (and yes I read all of it) and a very good take on the whole character concepts.

As for now I am not currently playing any of the SH series, all of mine are locked up in storage, I will try to break some of them out over the next week because I am really wanting to play them agian. Mainly part 1.

But I look forwards to Origens and Homecoming. Both look astounding and from what I have read they are both a great play for avid fans of the series. The visuals in Homecoming are gruesomly awsome, but I am at a loss when it comes to the fog! I love the fog, probably one of my favorite aspects of the game.

Personally I would love to see a remake of 1, that would be a must have for my gaming collection. And an uncut of 2 would be awsome too. I just wonder if they remake 3 which version of the game it would tie into with the bonus material, the original 2 or the uncut version.
    Last edited by Meier Link; 12-23-2008 at 07:45 PM.
    Soldier: "We suck but we're better then you"

We will fight, we will be strong
    Together we're marching on
    United, we move as one
    Our finest hour has just begun
    Philmore - Our Finest Hour

Crao Porr Cock8! Need I say more!?
    My awards:

Welcome aboard, Meier!

A month left now until Homecoming hits the stores here. I'm pretty excited about that, although I'm not sure how I feel yet about these though battles I've been hearing so much about. I'm not one for overly tough enemies, so hopefully it won't be so bad.

Thanks for the welcome.

I know I have already told you about it Chez but I figure I will make it known that I bought Homecoming a few days after Christmas. So far I have found myself in serious lust with this one but I haven't got to play it that much yet but so far it is awsome. Will have to see at the end if it is truely just lust or if it is actually love haha!

I have found myself using guns more then in the previous games, on one type of baddie to be particular. He is just to tough to get close enough to cause serious damage close range.

And honestly so far I am not to disappointed with the fog at all. So far it has been used very well, almost to well.

Does the 360 still have zoning restrictions? I have heard that supposably the PS3 has lifted all of its.

United, we move as one

My awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Meier Link View Post
    I have found myself using guns more then in the previous games, on one type of baddie to be particular. He is just to tough to get close enough to cause serious damage close range.
    I'm guessing this is the fat one who explodes with hot tar or whatever? They look a little like the Grey Children from the film.

Does the 360 still have zoning restrictions? I have heard that supposably the PS3 has lifted all of its.
    Yeah, sadly, 360 still has restrictions. Homecoming has been pushed back again until February 27th, which is disheartening but I'm not entirely bothered since I have almost a full month of planning for Andrew's visit. I will be content until the game comes out. I may take the time before Homecomings' release to play through all the SH's again, starting from 0 to The Room.

I actually find myself enjoying The Room more lately. I think the game has an excellent set of storylines, and definately one of the best games I have ever played, despite what most other people think of it.

I hope it's okay for me to double post this time, just to re-bump the thread and give out some Silent Hill updates. Since I'm still on my holiday, I'll only be stopping by shortly, but I already have pretty much all of this post planned out and ready.

First things' first, before I forget -- there are rumours of a Silent Hill 1 remake for Wii and PSP. It will be produced by Climax (the people who made 0rigins). The good thing about this is that Climax have an open mind and may remake it for next gen consoles or even PS2 and PC. We'll see in due time if this is true or not.

Anyway! Onto the main basis of this post.

As a gift for looking after my brother when he was ill for about fifty hundred weeks, my mother bought me Silent Hill Homecoming AND the complete guide. I got it only a day after release, which is a sweet, since now I'm the one who gets to brag to all of my English friends who don't yet have it.

I am using normal mode, and so far I have realised that it's far tougher than the other games. It took me two attempts to kill the Selcphur, and two attempts to kill Scarlet. The hardest part of the game so far was the Prison and the Lone Nurse in the hotel (just after you defeat the swarms). Who else has the game? Tell us where you're up to! Let's update each other!

Wait I was about to possibly spoil heh

Prison 1
    SPOILER!!:
    If you are refering to the police station in Shepards Glen, I am kind of suprised. I found this area to be pretty east with the exception of the room after you loose Wheeler. But then again this area turned out to be pretty easy after finding a good area to cover my ass.

Prison 2
    SPOILER!!:

If you are refering to the actual prision twards the last of the game, then yes it was harder then the first. I was still let down with how easy this level was in comparison to the other levels of the game, hell I even managed to take down the boss in my first attempt. Maybe I have just figured out the fighting style to this game?????

But as of right now I am still playing on my first playthrough, sadly. I haven't had much time to get much gaming in with out the wife wanting to play a game with me, so the PS3 has been used for Rockband instead. But currently I am at the very last leg of the game playing through on hard mode. I am in the church and trying to unlock all of the peices of the first puzzle.

I am going to try and take this title down with in the next weekend or so and finally see a well deserved ending.

So far I have not aided mother, forgave father and hoping to save wheeler.

After I acomplish this I plan on another play through on Medium, should make the game cake.

And FYI Chez I never restarted, I kept playing through on the same save file haha.

United, we move as one

My awards:

Lady Succubus Wish House Victoria's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Closing it now. It's past the deadline for removal/archival. But I'll be nice.

Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25