Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: why do i have problem sleeping??

why do i have problem sleeping??

so why do i have sleeping problem. i started realizing it when i started sleeping earlier for school nights, but even if i'm lying down on my bed...i had twist and turn for 2 more hours before i can finally fall asleep? any reasons? suggestions? or are you experiencing the same thing too?

Re: why do i have problem sleeping??

It's because you're not used to going to bed that early, just keep going to bed the time you have been and eventually your body will get used to it.

I would know, since I'm the master of completely reversing my sleeping pattern, I was literally nocturnal all winter lolol, stayed up till 10 in the morning sometimes latest, then went to sleep and would wake up around 6pm and do it all over I don't recommend it :s

Even though my body was used to it I still felt like crap every time I got up.
    Last edited by GypsyElder; 03-19-2010 at 08:24 AM.

Ta DA!!!:

Alright, who censored my rocketship?

From The Clint Eastwood
    I'm thinking about creating a hybrid. A dolphin-monkey. Half dolphin, half monkey. Do you think it's possible?
    I was thinking that since I'm artificially creating it, I'll create it with rocket fuel instead of blood, and thus it will be able to fly, using the dolphin's dorsal fins as wings. And from the air, it will look down upon us all and protect us against sharks, and search for bananas.
    Block says:" this one time i got SUPER blazed and was riding with my friend to mcd's and i ran my fingers through my jew fro saying "I just feel like dancing"
    by Alpha: "Hate breeds hate. Love breeds love. F*ck real politik."
    Originally Posted by Michael Swayne
    I find Gypsy to be a very interesting person. In fact, when my hair grows out some more, Gypsy has already laid claim to it when I cut it again.

really? i dont know...because it happens to me to if i sleep late too...i still have to twist and turn for 2 hours before i can really sleep. and yes i feel like crap even when i sleep for 8 hours. (sigh). thx for the advice.

You need to develop your own sleeping pattern, set up a fixed time to sleep and you should be fine. Don't go to bed early one day and then stay up incredibly late the next and flip flop like that, I think that's the problem.

Ta DA!!!:

From The Clint Eastwood
    I'm thinking about creating a hybrid. A dolphin-monkey. Half dolphin, half monkey. Do you think it's possible?
    I was thinking that since I'm artificially creating it, I'll create it with rocket fuel instead of blood, and thus it will be able to fly, using the dolphin's dorsal fins as wings. And from the air, it will look down upon us all and protect us against sharks, and search for bananas.
    Block says:" this one time i got SUPER blazed and was riding with my friend to mcd's and i ran my fingers through my jew fro saying "I just feel like dancing"
    I find Gypsy to be a very interesting person. In fact, when my hair grows out some more, Gypsy has already laid claim to it when I cut it again.

...means nothing to no way Furore's Avatar

She's right, establish a pattern and you'll be fine (generally). I say generally as there is an optimal time to sleep that'll leave you better rested. I tend to sleep a regular 1-6 hours between 6am and 12 midday and though it keeps me going I still feel a bit tired. Doctor explained it was because of the time I was sleeping, not the best hours and warned me it could lead to several health problems in the long term. Whoops.
    victoria aut mors

Blog Entries

If you want to help your body adjust to sleeping at a certain point, I would recommend taking some Melatonin. You can get it at any drug store with no perscription required. It can help with certain types of insomnia, but if you are suffering from a environmental sleep disturbance like jetlag then it may not be as effective. From what you are telling us though it sounds like you are just a restless sleeper, which Melatonin can help with.
    †SOLDIER† - "Yep still better than you"
    CPC8: It's hard out here for a pimp.™

hahas, updated July 28th (oldie but goodie!):
    Quote Originally Posted by from the CPC8
    Pete: Meier, don't even lie. I know you were going on a nice little tear before you settled down with the new gf

che: rofl <3 Meier.

Loaf: Meier is the best.

Meier: Hey Pete, I said I started to, it just didn't end the with the same number of women. Then again this one is kind of on the outs with me if she doesn't straighten up and fly right so that means I will be back in it for the thrill of the kill. Got some in the reserves. Even got a rePETEr (<---- like that ay? AYYYYY?) on the back burner.

Block: I do like the rePETEr except it kinda makes it sound like you're going to pork Pete. No homo.

(Updated April 13th 2013)Currently Playing: League of Legends, FTL, Dead Island, Borderlands 2, KotoR 2

Registered User why do i have problem sleeping??

My sleep pattern has been disrupted too. I have my own reasons why it is though. Thank God I never have anywhere to be or I would be a complete mess.

I would do what Gypsy suggested, but I would also make sure that I got up about the same time every day (including weekends) until your body gets adjusted to the new sleep schedule that you're trying to do.

Good luck.
    Click at your own risk.:
    Proud Member of:
    Por Rorr Kitty9
    "Mess with us, and the claws come out!"
    Evil BAD Guys
    "Not just evil...not just bad...EVIL BAD!"
    The above userbar was made for me by FATE!!! He is awesome.
    The above banner was made for me by VIVIMASTERMAGE!!! He is awesome as well.

Registered User why do i have problem sleeping?? winterborn86's Avatar

God you described my nights to a T, I lay in bed for about 2 hours contantly moving about, no matter how tired I feel I can't settle down, it's horrible.
    I've notcied that tryin to get myself into a routine of goin to bed roughly the same time had helped me settle a little bit, it just takes time for you body to get used to the new sleeping pattern.

My TFF Family

My FFVII addicted nephew: Secret weapon
    My Bullet lovin half wolf cousin: Raider
    My complete FFVII nut sister: Unkown entity
    My Freya obsessed, grammar nazi brother: Doc rocco

you all gave me good suggestions. i'll try my best to sleep at the same time eveyday. i know i'll never be sleeping beauty but i dont want to turn into a bat.

The Mad God why do i have problem sleeping?? Heartless Angel's Avatar

I've always been a bit of an insomniac. I have no real sleep schedule. I just go to bed on the rare occasion I actually feel tired enough to sleep. I've kept myself going for years on caffiene. Ironically enough, I use caffiene to fall asleep. I just drink a crapton of it around 7, so I crash around 11, then in most cases I can actually get to sleep. If not, i just screw around online until the crash hits. It sucks, ad is probably horrible for my health, but whatever works.
    For Our Lord Sheogorath, without Whom all Thought would be linear and all Feeling would be fleeting. Blessed are the Madmen, for they hold the keys to secret knowledge. Blessed are the Phobic, always wary of that which would do them harm. Blessed are the Obsessed, for their courses are clear. Blessed are the Addicts, may they quench the thirst that never ebbs. Blessed are the Murderous, for they have found beauty in the grotesque. Blessed are the Firelovers, for their hearts are always warm. Blessed are the Artists, for in their hands the impossible is made real. Blessed are the Musicians, for in their ears they hear the music of the soul. Blessed are the Sleepless, as they bask in wakeful dreaming. Blessed are the Paranoid, ever-watchful for our enemies. Blessed are the Visionaries, for their eyes see what might be. Blessed are the Painlovers, for in their suffering, we grow stronger. Blessed is the Madgod, who tricks us when we are foolish, punishes us when we are wrong, tortures us when we are unmindful, and loves us in our imperfection.

Quote Originally Posted by Heartless Angel View Post
    I've always been a bit of an insomniac. I have no real sleep schedule. I just go to bed on the rare occasion I actually feel tired enough to sleep. I've kept myself going for years on caffiene. Ironically enough, I use caffiene to fall asleep. I just drink a crapton of it around 7, so I crash around 11, then in most cases I can actually get to sleep. If not, i just screw around online until the crash hits. It sucks, ad is probably horrible for my health, but whatever works.
    i dont drink coffee, because i know it will normally keep you awake, so that wont solve my problem. wow... i've never heard that it will put you to sleep!!! at least you didnt mention you felt like crap, i mean, even if i slept for 8 hours, thats usually the average amount of time we sleep for, or even more, i still feel like crap in the morning. (sigh)

Only plays for sport Unknown Entity's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I've had regular sleeping problems since I was about thirteen. I'd just lay awake at night, trying to count the cracks on the ceiling through the darkness until I just drifted into a doze, then eventually into a sleep. Most of the time, I'd get about five hours sleep, and sometimes less. They subsided for a while, then came back when I left secondary school - I was pretty down and depressed, went on a high, and been pretty down and up since. =/

Now I can't sleep because I have too much on my mind, and seem to have more fun staying awake. Reading usually helps me sleep if you're not into medication. Medication doesn't really help me to sleep, but with you it might (I took mine at different times everyday...).

Apparently, mild exercise throughout the day helps. Keep your self active, and eat light foods - and don't eat before you go to bed.

It's just gone 4am here. =(

"I used to be active here like you, then I took an arrow in the knee."
    >>>------------->

Suddenly... clutter.:

Me and the lovely Joey is two cheeky chimpmonks, we is. Because TFF cousins can still... do stuff. ; )

Quotes to have a giggle at.:

Quote Originally Posted by Bleachfangirl
    I'm none too scary really. Just somewhat violent...
    Quote Originally Posted by MSN Convo
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    ^^;
    brb
    Bleachie says:
    Kay
    ...*runs around with a stick*
    I AM SPARTACUS!!!
    Hm, no one's here...
    TIME TO PARTY!
    Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    back
    Bleachie says:
    DARN IT
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe
    Now that we've apparently discussed wanting to see each other sleep with a game character... how goes?

All my banners are now done by me! Soon, I will be great! Muwahahahaha... ha... eck! *coughs* ...ha!
    Biggest fan of Peanut Butter created by The Xeim and Halie Peanut Butter Corporation ^^

Warning free for over eight years. Feels good.

wow. thanks for sharing that. yah, i tried to do more exercise during the day so i can get tired and can fall asleep more easily. but instead, i get tired right after for just a little bit and then i get all "crappy" again. (crappy meaning you feel tired but you still cant fall asleep.) . (sigh) i've thought of taking medicine but i feel that taking medicine would be too big of a deal and not knowing if it will work for me. right now...its 8:04 in the morning here and i feel like __________!!!!

Caffiene does give you energy, which does keep you awake, but it wears off eventually. And after that, you feel more tired than you were before drinking it. That's more commonly known as a crash. The crash is what puts me to sleep lol.
    For Our Lord Sheogorath, without Whom all Thought would be linear and all Feeling would be fleeting. Blessed are the Madmen, for they hold the keys to secret knowledge. Blessed are the Phobic, always wary of that which would do them harm. Blessed are the Obsessed, for their courses are clear. Blessed are the Addicts, may they quench the thirst that never ebbs. Blessed are the Murderous, for they have found beauty in the grotesque. Blessed are the Firelovers, for their hearts are always warm. Blessed are the Artists, for in their hands the impossible is made real. Blessed are the Musicians, for in their ears they hear the music of the soul. Blessed are the Sleepless, as they bask in wakeful dreaming. Blessed are the Paranoid, ever-watchful for our enemies. Blessed are the Visionaries, for their eyes see what might be. Blessed are the Painlovers, for in their suffering, we grow stronger. Blessed is the Madgod, who tricks us when we are foolish, punishes us when we are wrong, tortures us when we are unmindful, and loves us in our imperfection.

i've been sleeping for 10 hours now and i woke up, looked in mirror, and got freaked by the 2 big black circles under my eyes. i dont get it!!!

Sleeping too much isn't good either, if you over sleep you'll feel worse than if you didn't sleep enough.

Ta DA!!!:

From The Clint Eastwood

Quote Originally Posted by Gypsy Elder View Post
    Sleeping too much isn't good either, if you over sleep you'll feel worse than if you didn't sleep enough.
    i thought so too. but what am i supposed to do...nothing seems to work out for me. i dont feel good if i sleep too early cuz thats just going to be MORE twisting and turning, cant sleep late cuz not enough sleep makes me feel like crap, and cant sleep more than 8 hours becuz its just going to have the opposite effect of being good like you said.... so? and dont want to take medicine to make me fall asleep, thats just not good taking medicine when i'm so young.

Pick a fixed time to sleep every night and eventually you'll get used to sleeping around that time and you'll wake up around the same time too. 8 hours of sleep is normal, any more than that might knock you off a little. Until you get adjusted to a sleeping pattern, your sleeping habits are going to be a little off the first few days. Just keep trying to sleep around the same time and everything should be okay, I don't think you need medicine.

If you a can't get a good sleep right now, you're not going to get perfect rest tomorrow night, it takes a little bit for your body to get used to it.

Ta DA!!!:

From The Clint Eastwood

I haven't read anything. If you can't sleep. You can try some of these.

1) Pound a beer before you sleep
    2) Get your mind cleared
    3) Listen to some calming music
    4) Start smoking weed
    5) Exercising more
    6) Read a book before bed/or watch some tv

I can give some more options. Also try and sleep on your back more often.
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games

Registered User why do i have problem sleeping??

One thing I would like to add: If you feel this bad during the day, have you thought about taking a power nap or something? Power naps are supposed to make you feel energized after taking one, but you have to make sure that you don't nap too long or you'll just have troubles getting to sleep at night. I think it's recommended that you nap for 20 minutes at the most.
    Click at your own risk.:
    Proud Member of:
    Por Rorr Kitty9
    "Mess with us, and the claws come out!"
    Evil BAD Guys
    "Not just evil...not just bad...EVIL BAD!"
    The above userbar was made for me by FATE!!! He is awesome.
    The above banner was made for me by VIVIMASTERMAGE!!! He is awesome as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Dodie16 View Post
    One thing I would like to add: If you feel this bad during the day, have you thought about taking a power nap or something? Power naps are supposed to make you feel energized after taking one, but you have to make sure that you don't nap too long or you'll just have troubles getting to sleep at night. I think it's recommended that you nap for 20 minutes at the most.
    Try using an alarm clock it you think you'll over sleep :3 naps usually kick my butt because I always end up sleeping too long, so then come night time I have a hard time sleeping... so I stay up late and then I'm tied in the morning :s

and, if I can manage to sleep I feel bad when I wake up because I got way over 8 hours of sleep combined with the nap.

So yeah...

Ta DA!!!:

From The Clint Eastwood

Ok so yeah, I thought there was some potential here for this thread to stay in ID, I am going to go ahead and move it on to GC. To teh mods, if this thread picks up and the conversation diversifies feel free to move it back into ID
    Soldier: "We suck but we're better then you"

We will fight, we will be strong
    Together we're marching on
    United, we move as one
    Our finest hour has just begun
    Philmore - Our Finest Hour

Crao Porr Cock8! Need I say more!?
    My awards:

Waiting for your sister to turn 18 why do i have problem sleeping?? chrono's Avatar

What are your eating habits(be specific)? What kind of drinks do you consume on a regular basis(once again be specific).

Do you exercise? If so what do you do?

Do not listen to whoever it was that told you to do drugs(alcohol is a drug)
    C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Desktop\bit torrents\jiu jitsu\helio.jpg

Sometimes I just want to be with my family and watch a movie and eat some popcorn. But when I step on the mat I know there is no other place I'd rather be." -Marcelo Garcia

To fight is a man's instinct; if men have nothing else to fight over they will fight over words, fancies, or women, or they will fight because they dislike each other's looks, or because they have met walking in opposite directions” - George Santayana

Quote Originally Posted by chrono View Post
    What are your eating habits(be specific)? What kind of drinks do you consume on a regular basis(once again be specific).

Do you exercise? If so what do you do?

Do not listen to whoever it was that told you to do drugs(alcohol is a drug)
    WELL....
    breakfast : milk and toast
    lunch: mostly grain products (pasta or bread) with meat.
    dinner: lettuce, meat, potatoes, carrots and more grain products

exercise: i have an exercising room at home so i do all kinds of exercise on multiple apparatuses. like running on the treadmill for 10-15 minutes thats what i do daily.

and i dont do drugs and never will.

Imperius Rex why do i have problem sleeping?? Storm's Avatar

I'm a bit of a restless sleeper sometimes, but I just deal with it. It normally happens when I haven't done much during the day, which is my own fault really. I tend to read with a bedlight on, partly because I enjoy reading, but also because reading when i'm fairly tired helps me get even more tired.

One of my course tutors said that when she has trouble sleeping, she gets out of bed and does something boring, which for her one night, was reading a gardening catalogue.
    PSN username: Raikujaku
    A meow-ed member of PRK9

i see what you are saying...i used to do that too, read with bedlight. and i thought if i'm more tired it'll make me fall asleep faster. but it not only made me felt worst and my eyesight got worst as well.
    Last edited by LIGHTNING_71013; 03-22-2010 at 04:05 PM.

If you need medicine, feel free to take it. Being young and medicated is better than being young and sleep deprived.

Dragoon why do i have problem sleeping?? TigermusiQ's Avatar
    Devon, UK (Inside a Zone-eater as it's very roomy and rent-free)

I have trouble sleeping, takes me about 2-4 hours every night and is verilly annoying.

As an alternative to drug try melatonin, you can get it online as a food supplement (Melatonin is a hormone produced naturally in the pineal gland at the base of the brain. It is important in regulating sleep, and may play a role in maintaining circadian rhythm, the body's natural time clock.) You'd need to take it like half an hour before and then just read or do something calming before hand.

Also sometimes if you haven't eaten enough it can keep you awake. And as a previous comment suggests, excersize helps as another cause is likely too much energy. (Which is most likely my issue, but I try to go for walks.)
    ------

I call out these prayers to the sky, heavy with thought, see your face.
    I carry these memories inside, thoughts of a soul colored by love.
    See me grow wings and fly high, passions will die down below.
    I burn in a basin of fire, watchers look on as they dance in their merciless sky.
    Watching me, watching you.

Quote Originally Posted by TigermusiQ View Post
    I have trouble sleeping, takes me about 2-4 hours every night and is verilly annoying.

As an alternative to drug try melatonin, you can get it online as a food supplement (Melatonin is a hormone produced naturally in the pineal gland at the base of the brain. It is important in regulating sleep, and may play a role in maintaining circadian rhythm, the body's natural time clock.) You'd need to take it like half an hour before and then just read or do something calming before hand.

Also sometimes if you haven't eaten enough it can keep you awake. And as a previous comment suggests, excersize helps as another cause is likely too much energy. (Which is most likely my issue, but I try to go for walks.)
    seems like you have a problem sleeping too... yah. maybe i havent eaten enough...anyways thanks for sharing your experience. and exercise is helping me a lot these days so i'll just try to keep it like that and see on the long run.

Quote Originally Posted by Heartless Angel View Post
    If you need medicine, feel free to take it. Being young and medicated is better than being young and sleep deprived.
    if i really NEED it, i will thanks.

Registered User why do i have problem sleeping?? Diyala's Avatar

Yeah I experienced the same , as you said almost 2 hours turning my head left and right as well as my thoughts , didn't know what's the reason , mommy told me coz I'm worried about something though I have nothing to worry about except this case of not being able to sleep , but now I find it hard to even wake up for college though I sleep erlier than before , haha and even my friends have the same problem.., what's up everyone feels sleepy ?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast