Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: The Sky Pirates: Remixed

Registered User The Sky Pirates: Remixed HUNK's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Ill be making a sky pirate charecter.
    But ill need to know what time we will start and what time we will have the game setup in.

Lady Succubus The Sky Pirates: Remixed Victoria's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Yeah, just as I said. Everyone is saying they're working on stuff, but nothing is being shown, and no progress is being made. It's been a month since you posted that, Nathan. =P

Admit it, this club is dead. >_>;

I mean, if you're working on things, why not show your progress so we know something is actually being worked on?

...means nothing to no way Furore's Avatar
    Because, dear Toph, the progress is slower than a stoned hare against a turtle wearing rocket propelled skates.

I am working on some locales BUT I am also job hunting, doing all I need to to apply for a security course, posting in other areas of TFF, occasionally doing something to unwind (because some people in higher government positions piss me off with their smugness to the point I have to unwind less I sucker punch one) and generally keeping myself alive through small jobs and things such as grocery shopping.

Once I've done my security course and nabbed one of the jobs available, progress will be quite smooth again I'd imagine. There's also we're waiting for Nick, and that could take another month or two I believe. I posted when he said he'd be back.

Thanks for reading, thanks for posting your concerns,
    Nathan

EDIT: I'm being sort of stingy. Here, have an unfinished random locale.
    Just note this is unfinished and hasn't even been proofread or run through a spell checker. Because I lack the time at the moment... >>

Planet: Eaternal (Planet of High Spirit)

Eaternal is a land predominately filled with forests and fresh water veins running through them. On this world, fresh water is the rule and areas containing salt water are considered valuable for their salts. It contains a few scattered volcanoes here and there, including a few near some human settlements, but none near the planet's capitol. It is a planet of predominately human people, but it accepts all intelligent life forms to some extent. It is what it calls a 'fighter's democracy', meaning it believes in a democracy of sorts but also recognises the need for one person to challenge another. Murdering someone without them being aware of your intentions is a crime, killing someone in a more or less fair fashion is not. Most of Eaternal's inhabitants are warriors of some description looking to further their skills, and this can lead to violence at times, but is also good in that it allows other people to hire warriors with very competitive rates. Eaternal is known for it's mercenaries.

Items easily fenced for loot:
    - Salt
    - Iron
    - Titanium

Items obtainable:
    - Rare volcanic rock
    - The treasury of Rageaen [traditional] (gold, silver, more)
    - The treasury of Rageaen (electronic funds)

Capitol citie/s: Rageaen

Rageean has one side bordering a large fresh water lake, another side bordering extensive farms for meat and the more popular vegetable dishes, and the remaining sides extending outwards. It has a treasury and government building overlooking the lake, and has a barracks nearby. If one were to desire the treasures of Rageaen, he'd be best to go about his plan of obtaining them very quickly. Rageaen has several taverns and motels to accommodate all the people looking for mercenaries at any given time and imports mainly salt, while exporting hardwood timber, rare volcanic rocks and experienced mercenaries.

Other Cities:

Eaternal has several other cities, towns and settlements, all trying to imitate Rageaens. They tend to have a body of water to one side, and farms bordering other parts of cities, and also serve as a place where one can hire mercenaries.
    In order of largest to smallest the bigger cities apart from Rageaen are: Uurn, Tuskal, Greyneen, Yaerel and Churt.

More of note or special interest:

- Tuskal contains several indigenous religious artifacts of value in a shrine to a mostly forgotten deity.
    - The better fighters of this world tend to centre in Rageaen, the poorer skilled travel around training themselves to the point

where they will not be laughed out of the average Rageaen tavern for calling themselves skilled mercenaries.
    - Electronic funds are of the commonly usable kind, they can be used elsewhere.
    - The language spoken is a common tongue. Offense can be taken by the locals if you speak a language they do not know.
    Last edited by Furore; 04-04-2008 at 04:45 PM.
    victoria aut mors

Blog Entries
    Dang man you have been working on this.
    Its good that you are beacuse i was thinking this club would die.

Hurah for the sky pirates.

I was actually thinking of letting it die for a while. Just an option of course. I'll keep my .txt files of what I've been working on so far and then when Nick comes back start afresh if the interest is there. As Toph was saying, this club does seem dead, I'm only barely hanging onto it. And a one or two person RP generally doesn't do all that well anyway.

I say give it a week. If no-one shows interest, this incarnation can die. If there are any still interested, please respond. And if this club gets that far, we're gonna have to seriously start some indepth planning. I'm already making too many assumptions on what should happen in the creation of locales.

We're talking races, currency and languages at the very least...

EDIT: As far as races are concerned, how do you want your characters?
    That you should ask yourselves, and then post the result as a race we can then expand on. Input is invaluable.
    Last edited by Furore; 04-07-2008 at 06:33 AM.
    victoria aut mors

well i just got my character done likely couple of months ago... so i just keep on waiting and waiting..

how sad it is to let it die then..

Saved from wrath
    Romans 6:23

Registered User The Sky Pirates: Remixed Dimi's Avatar
    I wouldn't be sad to see this club get pruned to be honest. Originally, after the first Sky Pirates club had been dead, Nick wanted to start a new one. And because of that, I believe that we should wait till Nick comes back and from there on, it's in his hands whether he wants to continue this or not. Who knows though. Didn't he say he was coming back in June or July during the summer? But that's ways away...

Quote Originally Posted by Dimarik View Post
    I wouldn't be sad to see this club get pruned to be honest. Originally, after the first Sky Pirates club had been dead, Nick wanted to start a new one. And because of that, I believe that we should wait till Nick comes back and from there on, it's in his hands whether he wants to continue this or not. Who knows though. Didn't he say he was coming back in June or July during the summer? But that's ways away...
    Yeah that's what I was thinking too honestly. As it is, there's not much going on. I'll continue with locations though regardless of what happens. If Nick remakes the club, they'll be there for a good start and if not...

Well I'll just use them in some other RP or something. And yeah, pruning this and starting afresh wouldn't be too bad. We'll just re-allow existing members automatically if they desire if this thread club dies and Nick remakes it.

ekimeinna, yeah I'm sorry about that. But, mayhaps it would be a good idea to keep a text backup of your character on your computer for just in case the sky pirates once again rise up. It's entirely up to you though.

H.U.N.K, same thing as I told ekimeinna. Keep ahold of things just in case if you're still interested. It's up to you.

I'm thinking if Nick doesn't return I may make an RP based on the ideas here, yet fully develop the scenario myself so as to get it going. Input will still be appreciated BUT I'll make a basic outline of everything just in case. Worlds, currencies, races, a language system.

I'll wait until mid-July for Nick to come back though of course. ALSO it depends on the number of active RPs going. TOo many and it won't be worthwhile anyway, aye?
    victoria aut mors

Morning Always Comes The Sky Pirates: Remixed Xeim's Avatar
    I’d rather not let it die. I think it would be awesome if we could really flesh out this universe, and have a really complex place to work with when Nick gets back. I mean, how many RPs have the opportunity to really flesh out like this before they start? Well sure, any of them do, but DO they? We’re building a universe from scratch in a club Rp…and talking about waiting for a busy Nick to come back and shoving most the work on his shoulders?

Well, let’s look at what we have so far, at the very least. I think this is most of the known information….

Currency- computer chips shaped like gold pieces. Each holds a certain amount, and are plugged into machines at stores to download their content off. Once the chip is empty, its useless until someone fills it.

^It’s rough. We need to work out the details.

Races: humans
    Cyborgs

Languages: Groundel (or…something?)
    English

Ship: We had one….where’d it go? =O

Flag: I don’t think we ever really decided on this. The time’s now. -_- Cloudy and I worked on some a while ago, but Nick liked one that I didn’t like, he didn’t like the ones Cloudy and I liked…and we never really got a lot of feedback. I’ve made another one out of boredom (though it isn’t very good. -_-), and can make more, too, if need be. I’ll find that flag and edit it in….

But you know...tell me what kind of flag you want, and I'll make it. If you want to get away from the traditional skull aspect, just say the word.

+ what Celt just posted.

--

With that said, has the OOC thread been deleted? Last time I looked for it, it definitely wasn’t there. I might have overlooked it, but….

--

Race! Pardon how badly written it is. xD I wasn’t even sure I was going to submit this. But, I figured: it’s a rough draft. So meh. Things can probably be buffed up quite a bit, and I may even make these happy little creatures their own language. But, we’ll have to see. =P

Name: Calculo

Physical Appearance/Traits: Calculo are essentially humans with wings. Their wings are long and wide, and hang down their back in the fashion of an angel (not a bird =O). It is said that long ago there was a race of Calculo with white wings, but human hunters killed them off. Today, the only known Calculo have black wings- making humans fear them. Male Calculo are strong and muscular, and often carry either a large claymore or a dual bladed sword. Females are lithe and strong, and often sport a pair of daggers, or a bow. The weapons are for both self-defense, as humans often attack them, and for raids, as they enjoy stealing from human governments and other such parties.

They are found in the skies, and are rarely seen in human cities. It is said they have a hidden home in a floating forest somewhere….but no one knows if its true or not.

Allegiance: Themselves. xD They have no formal form of government, and are often found attacking others of their kind. They will sometimes form a temporary alliance with pirates, but such a thing is rare (and they demand a lot of the loot).

Skills
    : Thievery, good in combat, able to fly, most can carry very heavy objects.

Other information:
    Many people think that Calculo are fallen angels, and that their white winged brothers and sisters were visiting angels. No one knows if there is any sort of truth to this, and the Calculo themselves have admitted that they also know nothing of their species’ past.

Calculo are very partial to literature. One may think they are merely a savage bunch with no real allegiance, and that’s true xD, but they are also big readers. From poetry to nonfiction, they’ll take any book they can get their hands on. No one knows why, and no one’s about to ask them, either. But hold onto your rare books, because their thieving skills could have it gone in an instant.

-----

That's just my two cents...I haven't abandoned this club even though I haven't posted in ages. ^^; I'd really like to keep it going. A club isn't about the leader, it's about the members. If all clubs were about the leader and not the members....you wouldn't see half the clubs in TFF's club section. Nick left, but there are still members who want to be in the club. Heck, even if it's only two people, it should be enough to keep it open. ^^;

I'll stop ranting now, and leave you all to ponder. =D

--Xeim--
    Attached Images Attached Images The Sky Pirates: Remixed-sky-pirates-flag-jpg 
    Last edited by Xeim; 04-09-2008 at 05:30 PM.

"A promised land where fairies wait, with room just enough for two. So deliver me, help me to forget the tribulations of the day and to stay in this dream of night, where I can be thinking of you forever- take me to my bliss." - Ora and Sue's "Clover"

Only the Greatest Stuffs:

Honored to be 2008's Best Roleplayer alongside Dragonheart.

Image of Tsubasa's Fay from the Infinity arc colored and cleaned by moi. Sig by moi, aussi.

Lady Rika is my Sacrifice Echoless

My TFF Family
    Froggie, Nick, Lady Rika, Darkwolf, Sinister,
    Flash, Craven, Ann, CLOUD, Kaos_Dragon,
    Mistress Sheena, Silver, Tiger Lily, Yuuki, Halie, Rocco
    Jenova33,
    Dark Rider, Fishie, Refieth

A Xeim and Halie Peanut Butter Corporation
    Xeilie Peanut Butter, now featuring sitting ducks and deformed monkeys!

Evenesca, Halie and my home planet.
    It is a wonderful world ruled by Reno, where rainbow skin is a common sight.
    Odd numbers are illegal, hence the even number of words in this paragraph.

Member of FF Cult

Ah, good to see you're still in Xeim.
    Nice flag. Oh yeah I was thinking for languages (just as an idea) we could just type each language in English but have a different colour for each language. Then the chars will only hear the colour coded language/s they speak.

It's just an idea.
    victoria aut mors

Oh, I like that very much. It's easier on us as designers, and on readers who would have to go through and translate everything. We'd probably want to include a reminder at the bottom of our posts, though, saying which color is which language in case people forget what we designate. xD

"A promised land where fairies wait, with room just enough for two. So deliver me, help me to forget the tribulations of the day and to stay in this dream of night, where I can be thinking of you forever- take me to my bliss." - Ora and Sue's "Clover"

Image of Tsubasa's Fay from the Infinity arc colored and cleaned by moi. Sig by moi, aussi.

My TFF Family
    Jenova33,

Member of FF Cult

Blog Entries
    Ok so do you want me to join in and make my charecter through charecter creation thread?

Beacuse just so you know im trying as much as i can to still talk and keep this club alive....and im still interested.

Sweet. Well I talked to Nick again. He's getting a new computer soon and should be back with us around mid-June. And with the renewed interest it seems this thing's still on.

I'll continue with my slow progress on locations. Meanwhile it looks like we have two races so far. Your stereotypical humans and your cyborgs. Xeim, since you have a good deal of skill, do you think you could write up a racial description that's as play balanced as possible.

If not I'll try my hand at it. We're still flying mateys!

H.U.N.K, you might wish to post your char here for now or just keep a local copy on your computer. We might be starting afresh with the OOC I believe. After we've developed things better.
    Last edited by Furore; 04-13-2008 at 02:14 AM.
    victoria aut mors

Blog Entries
    Humans and Cyborgs? What about the races that xeim posted? o.O;
    You're leaving the winglies out? D: That's discrimination! T_T

Quote Originally Posted by Toph Bei Fong View Post
    Humans and Cyborgs? What about the races that xeim posted? o.O;
    You're leaving the winglies out? D: That's discrimination! T_T
    Oh damn,

Ok we have humans, cyborgs, and Calculo which would be your 'winglies' Toph. And yeah the description for the Calculo is very good. Don't mind my absentmindedness, I'm in the process of remaking an appointment I have to miss due to another and a few other things. Sucks the peeps can't be awake at 4:00am like me, eh?

Fark it's cold and my brain feels like a damned snow cone...
    I'm bloody glad we have Xeim aboard.
    victoria aut mors

^^; Well, I'm glad to be aboard.

And, I realize the Calculo have some similarities to harpies. I'm thinking about making more (more original) races as well, to add more diversity. But, it might take me a while.

Anyway, if there's any other specific way you'd like me to contribute, Celt, just say the word and I'll be on it. ^_^

My TFF Family
    Jenova33,

Member of FF Cult

The Sky Pirates: Remixed Dragoon_Nick's Avatar
    Where the polar bears play at night and where the beavers are furry...
    Oy mates, i see captain Silver's been doing quite the job along you mateys.

Seriously, i really like where this is going. I did ask for my ban to be reduced so i could help prevent this rp from going down the crapper, but i'll most likely be "monitoring" until i finally finish my term completely. Then we'll get this puppy on 2nd gear.

-Chip money (data) = Brilliant!

keep it up guys

My Awesome TFF Family

My awesome Obsessive Half-Breed Half Sister: Vampiric Delirium, My Yaoi-Loving Compassionate Daughter: Xeim, My Forever Intoxicated Vigilante Brother: Celtic_Silver, My Sister From Another Mister: OceanEyes28, My Awesome Cali Brother: Fishie, My adorable little pet bunny: Tiger Lily, My FF worthy awesome Homie, ManicDepression, My Cloud-loving Spartan Fenririan Brother: Cloud, My UFC Champion athlete fighter: BenRampage, My godsmack addict, Manchester United Fan Rival in Trivia Brother: Omega Weapon, My Trivial Addict Cousin: Phantom, My Uber bot slicer son: Zero, My Really Awesome Rival in Trivia Brother: Squall333, My Silly Dragoonic Sister: Kaos Dragon, My Drunken Step-Father Who Smokes Every 5 Seconds: SasuXNaru, My "Unknowingly Being in His Family" Brother: Rasler, My Bahamut-Loving Stalker Sister:Bahamut1990, My Insane Overlord Grandfather: Itachi Uchiha

OMG DADDY! *glomp* YAAYYYY! Daddy's back! Daddy's back!

Anyway. we still have a lot of things to work out. If I may present a couple of them?

The chip money really needs to be fleshed out more. What method do we want to have to extract it and use it? Do we want it to function like a gift card would? Do we want to have it downloaded to some device that is then used to buy stuff?

We also need a final decsision on a flag and ship. C'mon people, you can do it! xD

*cough*

I'm still thinking on more races. ^^; I'll get there eventually!

--Xeimy--

My TFF Family
    Jenova33,

Member of FF Cult

Hmm...well the perception i got from the suggestion Xeimykins, was that people would carry data chips the size of a wallet.

The way i thought this would work, is a chip can carry infinite amount of money, and can only be activated by fingerprints. People carry their chip and pretty much slide it in a virtual payment acceptor (VPAs) and then they are asked for finger prints by a virtual appearance of a fingerprint scanner. Imagine that at stores or merchants, a hologram appears.

Two chips can transfer, so much as the owners are present to show their finger prints. The two chips would connect, causing a hologram to appear.

Course, this is bypassed by our hackers which we will so fortunately have aboard.

As for a language and a race, i was thinking of the "Gloomers". Basically shadow colored people, who are mainly living quite barbaric, and unsocial, thieving on every opportunity.
    Their language would be exactly as ours, but spoken opposite. "The" would be "Eht"

Nick

My Awesome TFF Family

My awesome Obsessive Half-Breed Half Sister: Vampiric Delirium, My Yaoi-Loving Compassionate Daughter: Xeim, My Forever Intoxicated Vigilante Brother: Celtic_Silver, My Sister From Another Mister: OceanEyes28, My Awesome Cali Brother: Fishie, My adorable little pet bunny: Tiger Lily, My FF worthy awesome Homie, ManicDepression, My Cloud-loving Spartan Fenririan Brother: Cloud, My UFC Champion athlete fighter: BenRampage, My godsmack addict, Manchester United Fan Rival in Trivia Brother: Omega Weapon, My Trivial Addict Cousin: Phantom, My Uber bot slicer son: Zero, My Really Awesome Rival in Trivia Brother: Squall333, My Silly Dragoonic Sister: Kaos Dragon, My Drunken Step-Father Who Smokes Every 5 Seconds: SasuXNaru, My "Unknowingly Being in His Family" Brother: Rasler, My Bahamut-Loving Stalker Sister:Bahamut1990, My Insane Overlord Grandfather: Itachi Uchiha

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Their language would be exactly as ours, but spoken opposite. "The" would be "Eht"
    Firstly, welcome back. But didn't you like my idea for languages Nick?
    I was thinking just have each language written in it's own colour. Makes it easier to figure out what's going on when reading through other posts and making your own.
    victoria aut mors

Quote Originally Posted by Silver View Post
    Firstly, welcome back. But didn't you like my idea for languages Nick?
    I was thinking just have each language written in it's own colour. Makes it easier to figure out what's going on when reading through other posts and making your own.
    Yeah sorry if i didn't make that clear, it would apply sorta to that amazing idea you guys came up. I mean thats great to have it in different text colour. I was just merely stating how it would sound like. But then again, i see that that was kinda useless. Its always good to get phonetics rolling

My Awesome TFF Family

Blog Entries
    Hey Nick your on!
    Pleased to meet you. Im a new sky pirate and my names HUNK.

I wanted to tell my fellow members that i need to work on my Rp profile later and will get to that as soon as possible. sry.

hi nick!! long time no talk hehehe hope you are doing alright...

i just got back because i'm getting busy... it's good that this club don't die...

see you all later!!

Saved from wrath

Haha no problems. Just make sure you get those RPC's cracking. Thats bound to serve right?

I was also thinking, as for identity and such, maybe we'd all have some chip inserted in us? That would serve as scannable for identity and transaction purposes? What do you guys think?

My Awesome TFF Family

Blog Entries
    Hey guys ive edited my charecter and am waiting to hear that he is ok.

So is it ok?

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Haha no problems. Just make sure you get those RPC's cracking. Thats bound to serve right?

I was also thinking, as for identity and such, maybe we'd all have some chip inserted in us? That would serve as scannable for identity and transaction purposes? What do you guys think?

well...what are those RPC's cracking you are talking about???? i don't understand sorry i am totall =y and completely have no idea all about this...

Saved from wrath

Blog Entries
    ...RPC = RP Character, one would assume. >_>;

Yeah thats it....sorry if that was unclear...

Dunno if that was sarcasm...but Vicky nailed it...hehe

As for Hunk, you're character has colour, but remember, that you have much time to keep improving, as well as anybody else...

I really do hope to see this baby lift off..

My Awesome TFF Family

I have some possibly unfortunate news.
    Most of the things I had been working on were stored on my laptop which has since perished. I have been attempting to salvage files for a while, but don't know if I can get at any/all of them. I've noticed a few files appear to be intact, but show a 0 bytes size, meaning they're really not. I'm working on it though, and I'll have a full report of what I've saved by this Saturday. I was thinking as a safer backup, I'll post everything I can salvage up in this thread. That'll also allow discussion on what people want in the RP as well as what will get changed or axed.

- Silver out.
    victoria aut mors

Blog Entries
    Sweetness! Im off to the rp,and sorry about those files man.
    That really sucks.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast