Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: The Sky Pirates: Remixed

Quote Originally Posted by Dragoon_Nick View Post
    Arr me matey, no problem...me n' Rummy be waitin' to raise the anchor and soar..but thah do that we need..err..more pirrrates! Nice to know we have a cutesy cannon master (No sexual pun intended) in thah band. You be the Demolition Cutie. Cheerio matey..hope ter see ya fire-in thah cannon.

well thanks for that cute name, buddy!! i like it... so just let me know when i am suppose to begin in fire cannon... hehehe looking forward for that... yah i want to role-play clean ok? that's what i am ok? thanks!!!

Saved from wrath
    Romans 6:23

The Sky Pirates: Remixed Holy Priest's Avatar
    Hi guys. Sky pirates. Hmmm...... Sounds nice! I've never beeen a pirate before. But always a person. I'm quite new to this and this topic sure hac got my heart. I really like to join. May i? ( I prefer support characters. I think the journal should need one, shouldn't it?) Thanks
    Last edited by Holy Priest; 11-18-2007 at 06:14 AM.
    Have a nice day... Blessings...

...means nothing to no way Furore's Avatar
    Sure thing. Yeah I talked to you on MSN, and all RP enthusiasts should be welcome.
    And since I was the one to approve you, I'll get Nick to assign a rank...
    Welcome aboard matey!
    victoria aut mors

i replied again to know what would do next as one of the members in this club... i am really looking forward to this... and take note that this will be my first time to be in this kind of club so i´m just asking you for some help... thanks people!!!

Saved from wrath

Oh... ekimeinna. This club is going to start an RP soon. I suppose that we've to wait till Dragoon_Nick to come back from wherever he is and he'll start doing his job for the RP. So, at the moment we've got nothing to do yet just need to wait, wait and wait.
    Last edited by Holy Priest; 11-21-2007 at 08:25 AM.

Morning Always Comes The Sky Pirates: Remixed Xeim's Avatar
    We're also waiting to acquire enough members to get the ship...which we still need a design for...off the ground. On that subject, I really doubt I could come up with something good. Shapes and stuff have never been my thing. I'm a strategist not an engineer. xD I could try, but it might look like a cardboard box. =P

And Holy, just a heads up. It's not polite to go around asking people how they got their warnings. You don't want to get a rep for being rude or nosey. And it just makes the person feel weird. Warnings can be touchy subjects for some. o_O

"A promised land where fairies wait, with room just enough for two. So deliver me, help me to forget the tribulations of the day and to stay in this dream of night, where I can be thinking of you forever- take me to my bliss." - Ora and Sue's "Clover"

Only the Greatest Stuffs:

Honored to be 2008's Best Roleplayer alongside Dragonheart.

Image of Tsubasa's Fay from the Infinity arc colored and cleaned by moi. Sig by moi, aussi.

Lady Rika is my Sacrifice Echoless

My TFF Family
    Froggie, Nick, Lady Rika, Darkwolf, Sinister,
    Flash, Craven, Ann, CLOUD, Kaos_Dragon,
    Mistress Sheena, Silver, Tiger Lily, Yuuki, Halie, Rocco
    Jenova33,
    Dark Rider, Fishie, Refieth

A Xeim and Halie Peanut Butter Corporation
    Xeilie Peanut Butter, now featuring sitting ducks and deformed monkeys!

Evenesca, Halie and my home planet.
    It is a wonderful world ruled by Reno, where rainbow skin is a common sight.
    Odd numbers are illegal, hence the even number of words in this paragraph.

Member of FF Cult

Lady Succubus The Sky Pirates: Remixed Victoria's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Xeim's right. So in honor of that, I took the liberty to edit your post. I know you're new, but you should check out the forum rules and check your surroundings and learn to keep some things to yourself.

And I suck at designing as well. Can always use a staple FFIX or FFXII airship, though.

The Sky Pirates: Remixed Dragoon_Nick's Avatar
    Where the polar bears play at night and where the beavers are furry...
    I'd wanna talk like a pirate and stuff..but its getting lame and i'm sure some of you want to bash me every time i do. But rest assured, come RP time, i will grace you all with my wannabe pirate talk.

Speaking of RP, Celtic_Silver and i have decided with some influences from club members to delay the start due to lack of members and potential downfall come the beginning of the RP. It is, really the responsibility to see that the RP stays alive WHILE remaining interesting which is why we're simply saving our bullets. After all, this is a pirate democracy, so feel free to discuss potential club ideas. Who knows, treasure chests may pop out to you.

As for the RP in detail, i've been thinking of the approach to which we may possibly take. Here's a brief layout and potential rules.

Role Play

Storyline: (Temptative) Prologue where characters introduce themselves, meet and have the airship risen. Then chapter by chapter with every chapter having a major enemy at its end.

Characters: A detailed description of characters will be a pre-requisite to RP participation. Details incited...

Posting Rules: Posts must be intellectual, grammar is an issue however it won't be enforced too harsh as this is a minor RP, not The Masters..no offense whatsoever. Posts must exceed the approximate 500 words and have a point, or something leading to a point. Read up on RP for definite RP basic rules an regulations or pm me or specific TFF personel for questions

Something along that line...

Co-Captain Patches Totz

My Awesome TFF Family

My awesome Obsessive Half-Breed Half Sister: Vampiric Delirium, My Yaoi-Loving Compassionate Daughter: Xeim, My Forever Intoxicated Vigilante Brother: Celtic_Silver, My Sister From Another Mister: OceanEyes28, My Awesome Cali Brother: Fishie, My adorable little pet bunny: Tiger Lily, My FF worthy awesome Homie, ManicDepression, My Cloud-loving Spartan Fenririan Brother: Cloud, My UFC Champion athlete fighter: BenRampage, My godsmack addict, Manchester United Fan Rival in Trivia Brother: Omega Weapon, My Trivial Addict Cousin: Phantom, My Uber bot slicer son: Zero, My Really Awesome Rival in Trivia Brother: Squall333, My Silly Dragoonic Sister: Kaos Dragon, My Drunken Step-Father Who Smokes Every 5 Seconds: SasuXNaru, My "Unknowingly Being in His Family" Brother: Rasler, My Bahamut-Loving Stalker Sister:Bahamut1990, My Insane Overlord Grandfather: Itachi Uchiha

The Sky Pirates: Remixed
    The land with the light engraved on the stone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Toph Bei Fong View Post
    And I suck at designing as well. Can always use a staple FFIX or FFXII airship, though.
    That goes for me. But i agree with Toph's idea. If there's no one who can or wants to desighn the airship, we could always use one from a FF game, unless someone has an objection. We could always customize its appearance as well.

Saying that, i'll start looking for airships on the internet, without that meaning that we'll be using one of them. If i find anything good, i'll be sure to tell Celtic or Chris.

Other than that, i guess it wouldn't hurt getting started with our RP characters.

EDIT: Since we're not that big a crew, we shouldn't have a giant airship, right? I've found some, but i don't know yet.
    Last edited by CLOUD; 11-21-2007 at 03:39 AM.

Ummm... guys... what character should we create to start with? Are all of us known as pirates only or are there any special ranks for us in the airship? And i think that all of us should really discuss about the plot and lines as we're all 'in' the same airship and seeing each other 24-hours a day, right? So, do i make any sense out of that?
    Last edited by Holy Priest; 11-21-2007 at 08:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Holy Priest View Post
    Ummm... guys... what character should we create to start with? Are all of us known as pirates only or are there any special ranks for us in the airship? And i think that all of us should really discuss about the plot and lines as we're all 'in' the same airship and seeing each other 24-hours a day, right? So, do i make any sense out of that?

I was wondering about that myself. I guess that we are already members of the pirate crew, with the leaders explaining how we became part of the crew in a prologue-like post.

Another thing we could do is join the pirate crew as soon as the RP starts through some event...

As for the rank, depending on the ranks we have at the 1st post in the club, we should create something according to that. For instance, Tina, who is a "Cannon Demolition Cutey" should probably have to work with cannons; that's the most logical thing, isn't it?

Priest, since you don't have a rank yet, pick something so that Patches Totz can put you in the 1st post as well.

Well, I have the art bok for FFXII, and I was looking through it the other day. If we do decide to use a pre-made airship, I thought the "Shiva" design would do nicely, at least for a base. I probably couldn't customize it, as I'm absolutely terrible at coloring and stuff. If need be though, I can try. xD

http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/3812/shivaeh1.jpg

It's just one of many. If I find more good designs, I'll either show them the co-cap'ns or post them here.

As for the RP, I do think we should have one main enemy throughout the whole thing. Lots of enemies here in there is a given, but we need some sort of main villain to fear.

I'm glad to start my character, I have a bunch of ideas in mind.

That's all for now...

--Emma--

"A promised land where fairies wait, with room just enough for two. So deliver me, help me to forget the tribulations of the day and to stay in this dream of night, where I can be thinking of you forever- take me to my bliss." - Ora and Sue's "Clover"

Image of Tsubasa's Fay from the Infinity arc colored and cleaned by moi. Sig by moi, aussi.

My TFF Family
    Jenova33,

Member of FF Cult

Registered User The Sky Pirates: Remixed Dimi's Avatar
    That's cool Xeim. A really good idea. Plus, as Sky Pirates, we do need an airship! And that could be a good way to start off the club by having it as our base. But we'll see. We got to get the approval from both Captains. Hopefully Totzy ain't drunk when he sees that.

As for the RP, I'm dying already!!! Start the damn thing!!!!

I'm kidding. >< I'll just sit back and think of ideas of how I want my character to be. Plus, since I joined Sinister's club late. I'll be participating in his RP as well. I have to create a character for that too.
    Last edited by Dimi; 11-21-2007 at 12:06 PM.

Arg! Cap'n Totz, I'm already excited for the RP. The mock-up outline is small but gets to the point. I like Xeim's idea for our airship. But as long as where on the topic area, here's my idea:

Pic 1: http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b1.../ban941430.jpg
    Pic 2: http://homepage2.nifty.com/sparrow2/...t/falken01.jpg

If you are wondering what that thing is in the bottom right corner is, in Ace Combat, it is a laser, but we can have be a powerful cannon instead.

As for a main RP villain, we should have someone like a real famous pirate. i.e. Blackbeard with a mix of Capt. Barbosa.

http://www.geocities.com/tommysdiablo7/airship1.jpg

I think its from FFXI. But I dunno, I never played the game.

And on the RP, I personally have to disagree with a 'famous villain.' It limits the things we can do, and takes away the feel of an alt. universe. After all, sky pirates don't really exist in the traditional sense....yet. I say we make up something else entirely. Could be anything from a rival sky pirate group to the government. Or, aliens if you wanna roll that way. o_O I vote for a non alien idea though. xD;;

My TFF Family
    Jenova33,

Member of FF Cult

Quote Originally Posted by Xeim View Post
    http://www.geocities.com/tommysdiablo7/airship1.jpg

I think its from FFXI. But I dunno, I never played the game.

And on the RP, I personally have to disagree with a 'famous villain.' It limits the things we can do, and takes away the feel of an alt. universe. After all, sky pirates don't really exist in the traditional sense....yet. I say we make up something else entirely. Could be anything from a rival sky pirate group to the government. Or, aliens if you wanna roll that way. o_O I vote for a non alien idea though. xD;;
    I agree with Xeim on the non alien idea. It's better to have one, or more, rival pirate crews to fight in the RP. It gets more interesting that way & gives more space to have individual action.

As for the ship, i don't know what we're gonna decide in the end. I started painting a galleon tonight since i have some spare time, but it's nothing much. First attempt. If no one does it & we don't adopt an airship, i guess i can try again.

EDIT: I'm thinking about making a head figure on the ship. Any Ideas on what it should be? A dragon (classic) or something else???

[It seems pretty goofy so far...]
    Last edited by CLOUD; 11-24-2007 at 12:02 PM.

So, how should our character loked like? Nothing had been dicuss about the character developement... I think that we need to discuss more in detail, aren't we? And, will the RP start sooner or later.

Lady Succubus The Sky Pirates: Remixed Victoria's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Your characters are up to you. That's usually how these things work. Why should other people tell you what your character should be? Your character development is your own responsibility. The only thing that we shold work together on is character interaction and plot developments.

And the RP will start in the middle of decemeber, so said Nick.

Yay!! The Sky Pirates: Remixed FF_FrEaK's Avatar
    I've been thinking about the airship for a while and I thought it would be cool if we did it kinda like Ratchet and Clank (not the actual ship). What I'm trying to say is that we could start off with a mediocre ship and as we travel along the skies and get more loot (or booty) then we could upgrade it even more. Examples would be like: New weapons (if it has any), new sails, non rotting wood/steel, its basic shape (we could probably change it into a dragon looking ship like CLOUD said or just leave it as is). Things that would make our ship better. I just think it would be more exciting fixing up our ship, instead of starting off with a super ship. Any thoughts on this??

If this was already discussed then I'm sorry...
    You know, its about time I changed my dumb old sig

He pwns you!!!!

Never be sorry, for your a sky pirate now..or at least will be once the RP begins. As for everyone's input, i thank you all greatly. You've been a great crew so far, and i expect nothing else than the excellence you have offered. (Suck up moment?). As for the ship, i was thinking that in the prologue, along with a "member" here, Rummy and I steal an unguarded, and relatively basic airship to escape that "member's" royal background. Hence through every chapter, we obtain a new airship piece which will allow us to have a specific action.

Sort of like FF_Freak mentioned though, but what do you guys think? To me it could spark imaginations..

My Awesome TFF Family

My awesome Obsessive Half-Breed Half Sister: Vampiric Delirium, My Yaoi-Loving Compassionate Daughter: Xeim, My Forever Intoxicated Vigilante Brother: Celtic_Silver, My Sister From Another Mister: OceanEyes28, My Awesome Cali Brother: Fishie, My adorable little pet bunny: Tiger Lily, My FF worthy awesome Homie, ManicDepression, My Cloud-loving Spartan Fenririan Brother: Cloud, My UFC Champion athlete fighter: BenRampage, My godsmack addict, Manchester United Fan Rival in Trivia Brother: Omega Weapon, My Trivial Addict Cousin: Phantom, My Uber bot slicer son: Zero, My Really Awesome Rival in Trivia Brother: Squall333, My Silly Dragoonic Sister: Kaos Dragon, My Drunken Step-Father Who Smokes Every 5 Seconds: SasuXNaru, My "Unknowingly Being in His Family" Brother: Rasler, My Bahamut-Loving Stalker Sister:Bahamut1990, My Insane Overlord Grandfather: Itachi Uchiha

I don't mind having a basic ship & all.

The thing is that, this way, the pirate crew will also be "basic". So, will the crew be just the leaders & another couple of members in the beginning, or something like that???

That way, the rest will have to join the crew while the story unfolds.

As for the characters, i presume that we'll have to make them pretty simple in the beginning; not many traits & not many abilities, right? It's not logical for a new-movice pirate to be able to kill 20 people with a swing of his sword, e.t.c.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Redfield
    …to escape that "member's" royal background.
    Nice n’ subtle daddy, nice n’ subtle. xD But you know, I’m all for it. I like the idea of members joining gradually as well. If we all start together, it's just like a potluck. You throw a whole bunch of things together and you don't have time to savor (in this case get to know) any single thing (person). However, if you introduce people to the band gradually, bonds will become stronger.

The downside (or drama builder really) is that our characters might think of characters who join later as n00bs. xD Hehe. Anyway. Yay for being a young woman surrounded by perverted men!

Cloud: Well, we don't all have to be novice pirates at first.Some of us could have deserted another band, and joined ours. Some could be taken prisoner in a fight and eventually have their loyalty fall to us. We don't have to all be random townspeople that all of a sudden go: "Oh my god! I'm going to become a pirate tomorrow!" But obviously, even if we start out experienced, we can't be gomodding. So yeah, no killing 20 people with the swing of a sword. xD

My TFF Family
    Jenova33,

Member of FF Cult

So, yeah, we have a basic idea of what our ship is going to look like. We have basic ideas on the RP. I for one am looking into a non-human character, possibly a cyborg.

Anyways, to the main point of this short post. What will our "Jolly Roger" look like? Nothing is more important to pirates than their flag.

Suffice to say, at this stage of the whole RP. Nothing is sure. I have spoken to Vicky about my intentions as to when i should set the sail, not for th ship but for the RP of course, and am thniking mid December, where everyone will be off or near off.

Here's a thing to keep in mind as to the initiatives i have taken:

- Characters may die
    - Characters may try to betray
    - The ship doesn't have to be made in the 1st chapter, it can also be viewed as a conclusive asset.
    - Perhaps 2 members may join per chapter based on an in club vote.
    - Chapters will be a max of 15 posts and a min of 8.

Thats at leats what i'm thinking..

As for Rummy's input..maybe when he shows signs of life...

My Awesome TFF Family

Yay!! The Sky Pirates: Remixed FF_FrEaK's Avatar
    Ok will the RP have a certain amount of chapters or will it go on for eternity until all the characters die or retire? I just want to know how long the RP will last just in case it dies or something.(Hopefully it wont though)
    You know, its about time I changed my dumb old sig

He pwns you!!!!

Good question FF_Freak, and to answer that. I'll explain it to you right away. Wow how useless was that last line!?

Anyway, i see the Rp continuing until we reach a point where its a carrousel of events. By that i mean when things get repetitive. Considering this is an RP lead by relative RP noobs, lol, considering i have no anterior experience, i expect this to spark interest for around 5 chapters. But then again, theres more to an RP then the runner. That being said, it'll run until it dies in interest..

On that note, lets hope i'm a natural!

My Awesome TFF Family

Registered User The Sky Pirates: Remixed Dimi's Avatar
    You can do it Captain!!! I'm sure ye can do it mate.

Looking forward to the RP though. The chapters remind me of FFX-2 for some reason. Cept we're like "Sky Pirates" and not "Sphere Hunters" running around in our underwear. ><

Are we also gonna have like a flad design for the ship BTW?

...means nothing to no way Furore's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Redfield View Post
    Suffice to say, at this stage of the whole RP. Nothing is sure. I have spoken to Vicky about my intentions as to when i should set the sail, not for th ship but for the RP of course, and am thniking mid December, where everyone will be off or near off.

Here's a thing to keep in mind as to the initiatives i have taken:

- Characters may die
    - Characters may try to betray
    - The ship doesn't have to be made in the 1st chapter, it can also be viewed as a conclusive asset.
    - Perhaps 2 members may join per chapter based on an in club vote.
    - Chapters will be a max of 15 posts and a min of 8.

Thats at leats what i'm thinking..

As for Rummy's input..maybe when he shows signs of life...

I'M ALIVE DAMN IT!!!
    ^ Anyways that sounds all good, yet I think to add our own unique twist, there's a big thing to do before the RP.
    Work out the races of the world, who our enemies are going to be, regions/locales, possibly even smaller details such as the name of the currency used...
    Bearing in mind of course, that we want the RP to be balanced to allow for a more epic story, right?
    In other words, don't go overly nuts with inhuman abilities and the like...
    (I swear if someone starts casting Meteor or something from post 2 I'll hang myself... [Well not really...])

And I love that proposed Ratchet and Clank ship-like idea. It'll make things more interesting...
    FF_FrEaK is truly an asset here...
    victoria aut mors

hello everyone!!

well i really don´t have an idea what´s going on now....

My two masters (Chris Redfield and Celtic Silver) can you just please pm me so that i could able to relate on what are you working out... man i kindda innocent here so please help me if it is ok to you... like what i said i´m really looking forward for this RP... thanks guys!!

Saved from wrath

Quote Originally Posted by Xeim View Post
    Cloud: Well, we don't all have to be novice pirates at first.Some of us could have deserted another band, and joined ours. Some could be taken prisoner in a fight and eventually have their loyalty fall to us. We don't have to all be random townspeople that all of a sudden go: "Oh my god! I'm going to become a pirate tomorrow!" But obviously, even if we start out experienced, we can't be gomodding. So yeah, no killing 20 people with the swing of a sword. xD

yEaH, that's what i meant; more or less. But not random townspeople. I just don't expect everyone have a 100Million bounty on their heads as soon as the story begins. The captains will have to be somewhat known, if not notorious, but not all the louts in the crew are super pirates.

One other thing. If we don't go around acting on our own & stick to the crew all the time, will we have to organize our posts together in the OOC kind of thread all the time? Things might get a bit confusing, especially since i have no idea about the plot.

And the flag matter is pretty damn important, more than the ship.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast