As most of us know, participation in a web-based forum often evolves into something far more than just names & conversations. Instead, a "villiage" attitude develops and strong friendships (and sometimes even more) can be a result. As I'm a full on n00b here, I obviously don't really have any knowledge of the depth here, but I'm curious as to how this question would be answered...and then there would be a "side" question as well.

Hypothetically (or not): You have children and you die tragically. Let us suppose that there are no family members or whoever else to take your kids. Are you close enough to someone through an "e-based" forum well enough that you would trust them to love and care for your children? To supply their material needs, through personal sacrifice if necessary? To give them love and attention as they would their own?

So here is the side question that everyone could answer. The same situation applies (you have children, and your untimely death). If you had to choose someone to care for your kids, the person that you choose...would you want them to teach the kids *your* values/morals/religion/faith or is it cool if the they taught your kids *their* values/morals/religion/faith? Is there a difference between the two? If so...which would you rather the kids learn?

I don't so much post this as a dark or emo post, but instead as a question of how we view each other's beliefs. As a society, we strive for tolerance. But there is a world of difference between tolerance & acceptance. We can tolerate another person's views, but would we accept them being instilled into our own children?

~Jeordam