Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9

Thread: Religions - Your Opinion

The Mad God Religions - Your Opinion Heartless Angel's Avatar

Re: Religions - Your Opinion

That's another reason I'm not religious, believers can't even say for sure what a God IS, let alone who it is, or what it does. But either way, there are really only two options for the beginning. Something was always there, or something came from nothing. We don't really KNOW whether that something was a diety, or matter. However, I gotta say I'd put my money on matter, since we actually KNOW that exists.
    For Our Lord Sheogorath, without Whom all Thought would be linear and all Feeling would be fleeting. Blessed are the Madmen, for they hold the keys to secret knowledge. Blessed are the Phobic, always wary of that which would do them harm. Blessed are the Obsessed, for their courses are clear. Blessed are the Addicts, may they quench the thirst that never ebbs. Blessed are the Murderous, for they have found beauty in the grotesque. Blessed are the Firelovers, for their hearts are always warm. Blessed are the Artists, for in their hands the impossible is made real. Blessed are the Musicians, for in their ears they hear the music of the soul. Blessed are the Sleepless, as they bask in wakeful dreaming. Blessed are the Paranoid, ever-watchful for our enemies. Blessed are the Visionaries, for their eyes see what might be. Blessed are the Painlovers, for in their suffering, we grow stronger. Blessed is the Madgod, who tricks us when we are foolish, punishes us when we are wrong, tortures us when we are unmindful, and loves us in our imperfection.

Relaxin' with Final Fantasy Religions - Your Opinion KainsBro's Avatar

I can for certainty that there IS a God, for God is the only one that wasn't created. Matter, to even BE matter, had to be created. There was a beginning, and God set that beginning in motion. Otherwise, there would be nothing here, or anywhere. But again, that is my opinion. In my eyes, the only conclusion is that there has to be God, no other option makes sense.

There doesn't nescessarily HAVE to be. Matter could've been there forever. In fact, matter CAN'T be created, that's a scientific law. And we do know it's here now.

Yes, it makes little sense that matter was just there one day. But we know it's here now, so there's no reason to believe it wasn't. A God however, we can't even prove is here now, let alone was there in the beginning. If we have to accept that something was just there one day, I'd rather accept that it was something I know to exist.
    For Our Lord Sheogorath, without Whom all Thought would be linear and all Feeling would be fleeting. Blessed are the Madmen, for they hold the keys to secret knowledge. Blessed are the Phobic, always wary of that which would do them harm. Blessed are the Obsessed, for their courses are clear. Blessed are the Addicts, may they quench the thirst that never ebbs. Blessed are the Murderous, for they have found beauty in the grotesque. Blessed are the Firelovers, for their hearts are always warm. Blessed are the Artists, for in their hands the impossible is made real. Blessed are the Musicians, for in their ears they hear the music of the soul. Blessed are the Sleepless, as they bask in wakeful dreaming. Blessed are the Paranoid, ever-watchful for our enemies. Blessed are the Visionaries, for their eyes see what might be. Blessed are the Painlovers, for in their suffering, we grow stronger. Blessed is the Madgod, who tricks us when we are foolish, punishes us when we are wrong, tortures us when we are unmindful, and loves us in our imperfection.

...means nothing to no way Furore's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KainsBro View Post
    In science its is known that Nothing can come from nothing, meaning for the universe to exist, someone or something had to set everything in motion.
    Not really. An unbiased scientific approach would think that maybe it did come from nothing, maybe it did from something. Until the technology exists that allows us to make a credible theory (if it ever does) and we test it extensively, how could we ever know?

I'm a Christian myself, but I see i as being a matter of faith. Some men of science strongly believe things happened another way without the neccesary evidence, and they too are relying on faith, but an unbiased man of science would admit that he doesn't know how things came to be and would look to discovering this using scientific techniques.

HeartlessAngel's view, while opposite of my own is one I can strongly respect, because he more or less based it on what is actually known to him rather than requiring faith. I might not think some of the questions he asked himself are that useful (some can be answered in some way), but the main part is fairly solid.
    victoria aut mors

Quote Originally Posted by Silver View Post
    HeartlessAngel's view, while opposite of my own is one I can strongly respect, because he more or less based it on what is actually known to him rather than requiring faith.
    That's pretty much why I believe what I believe. I can't stand trusting in something I can't test lol. Until someone shows me a video recording of the beginning of time, I accept no theory as fact. Not even my own.

in religion, i feel people have no choice to pick what they want to believe in and also...have no choice but to believe in nothing. religion definitely have something to do with your culture(obviously), country or any backgrounds you come from. i'm just saying for "certain" people, for example afghan, india and even china (etc).they cant really choose what they want to believe in. and even for those that have the right to make a choice is also planned for "certain" people. its kind of like those people who dont believe in any religions have no choice but to NOT believe in any religion. this is just what my view on religion.

Religions - Your Opinion Ragtime's Avatar

I personally dont believe in any religion but I'm not saying it is a bad thing that they exist. Just the other day I was saying to my friend that life would be alot worse without religion because all religious ideology promotes moral righteousness and compassion. And I hear a lot of people bad mouthing certain religions based on the actions of others. Like people some peopla speak ill of Islam because of suicide bombers and some bad mouth the Catholic church because of paedophillia. What people have to realise that a religion (or in fact just a general opinion) should not be judged because of the actions of others. It's ideals are has purely good intentions but people distorted the message of God and commit attrocities in His name, just like the Crusades.

However both my friend and I said that stuff like stealing, cheating, killing etc. don't need to be taught because most people know that such things are morally wrong and shouldn't do it. In fact, we even discussed this in my philosophy class wether morality is objective or subjective and to be honest I'm sitting on the fence with this one.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9