Thread: A New Perspective: 1

A New Perspective: 1

Well.. first off, i want to say that i am 17 years old, and im in high school, my GPA is a 98.6 for the past 4 years of highschool, so im not just some dumb kid.
    Secondly, i in NO way mean this to be offensive, this is a legit thing ive been thinking lately.

What if the world wasn't the way we see it as? For example, what if mentally handicapped people were in fact the "normal" people, and "normal people" were the handicapped? What if we're actually the ones who are 'retarded' and whatnot.

I have come up with many supportive reasons for how this can be a possibility

1. Handicapped people recieve extra special treatment, yes..logically because of their obvious disabilities, but maybe because..they're actually super smart and whatnot, and are higher up than we are.

2. We get an extensive education..possibily they already know all of these things, they may just have issues expressing that to us.

3. Whenever we come into contact with a mentally handicapped person, don't we always act really nice and smile alot... Maybe its a subconscious thing we do, because we know that they're 'higher up' than me are.

Now, i know this sounds really really stupid, but maybe...it could happen, any comments?

Memento Rhapso A New Perspective: 1 Rhaps's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Re: A New Perspective: 1

You've seen The Matrix one too many times
    But, if that were to happen, why then are handicap death rates so much higher? When we smile and be good, why would we feel pity? I would not think "Poor you" to the Queen of England in 1697. Oh, and if that were to happen, the "higher ups" near my school have to lead very weird lives for "royalty", as the RedNecks have no sense of respect. Luckily, they have all sorts of tactics and ways to avoid them, so I don't worry, but if this is so, why don't these peasants respect the "higher ups"?
    ............Yeah, definitely way too much Matrix

CPC8- 'fo bros, 'fo life, 'fo shizzle

SPOILER!!:
    I won something :3

Also member of something that won another thing

Don't click this.

This is similar to the plot of "Baby Geniuses". That movie sucked.

You're thinking outside the box, which is good, but there's some problems with this particular theory.

1. Handicapped people recieve extra special treatment, yes..logically because of their obvious disabilities, but maybe because..they're actually super smart and whatnot, and are higher up than we are.
    They receive this "extra special treatment" from people who are not handicapped. If They recieved it because they were "higher up" than we are, then we would have to be aware of that, otherwise we wouldn't know to give them said treatment. That is, unless we have some natural instinct to help those that are "higher up" regardless whether we consciously know it or not. It's also possible that they feign disability to get such treatment, but that's a whole 'nother bag of snakes and begins bordering on the offensive.

2. We get an extensive education..possibily they already know all of these things, they may just have issues expressing that to us.
    Anyone may know these things. Why single out the handicapped? You'll have to elaborate on that one.

3. Whenever we come into contact with a mentally handicapped person, don't we always act really nice and smile alot... Maybe its a subconscious thing we do, because we know that they're 'higher up' than me are.
    So then the people that are horribly mean to the handicapped have "broken" instincts? There are a lot of nasty people out there.

Until now!

Quote Originally Posted by RhapsoBlarg View Post
    You've seen The Matrix one too many times
    But, if that were to happen, why then are handicap death rates so much higher? When we smile and be good, why would we feel pity? I would not think "Poor you" to the Queen of England in 1697. Oh, and if that were to happen, the "higher ups" near my school have to lead very weird lives for "royalty", as the RedNecks have no sense of respect. Luckily, they have all sorts of tactics and ways to avoid them, so I don't worry, but if this is so, why don't these peasants respect the "higher ups"?
    ............Yeah, definitely way too much Matrix
    yeah yeah yeah, haha ive never seen the Matrix, is it good?

[merged post]

Quote Originally Posted by Jin View Post
    They receive this "extra special treatment" from people who are not handicapped. If They recieved it because they were "higher up" than we are, then we would have to be aware of that, otherwise we wouldn't know to give them said treatment. That is, unless we have some natural instinct to help those that are "higher up" regardless whether we consciously know it or not.
    Well, if we are referring to the natural instinct, then, wouldn't that be the only possiblility for said special treatment? Like, we all are born knowing how to eat, and breath upon birth...well, kinda.

And following that idea, wouldn't it also be a possibility, like a bear teaching her young how to hunt..that maybe we learn that from our parents...but...wait, haha we do learn that from our parents. well, this idea is fairly new, so i guess..i got a whole bunch more to think out.

I have another idea, should i just post as a new thread?
    Last edited by Meier Link; 03-31-2010 at 05:07 PM.

Memento Rhapso A New Perspective: 1 Rhaps's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I say just post it here lol save some site memory

CPC8- 'fo bros, 'fo life, 'fo shizzle

SPOILER!!:
    I won something :3

Also member of something that won another thing

Don't click this.

What if everybody had a different view of common colors? For example.. The color Red, that i see, and the color red that you see can in theory be completely different colors. I mean, it sounds really weird, but.. its kind of like how color blind people are, they see the same color..except the way their mind sees it is different than others...Im personally colorblind, so like.the color blue i see is the same color blue u see, but how i see it is different...but ive always had the idea..what if everybody is colorblind..and nobody really sees anything as a true color.

#LOCKE4GOD A New Perspective: 1 Alpha's Avatar
    Blog Entries

When I was a child, growing up with a disabled younger brother, sometimes I would be convinced that he was just faking it to get my parent's attention. I would sit there with him, and tell him that 'the game is up', that I was on to his little ploy, and that he could come clean on me and I wouldn't tell anyone. I tried to get him to speak, sometimes by pinching his forearm, in the hope that he would tell me stop it.*

At the time, I think it was jealousy. In retrospect; wishful thinking.

*That sounds mildly sadistic, actually.

Rune Knight A New Perspective: 1 Trodorne's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Skid Rock View Post
    What if everybody had a different view of common colors? For example.. The color Red, that i see, and the color red that you see can in theory be completely different colors. I mean, it sounds really weird, but.. its kind of like how color blind people are, they see the same color..except the way their mind sees it is different than others...Im personally colorblind, so like.the color blue i see is the same color blue u see, but how i see it is different...but ive always had the idea..what if everybody is colorblind..and nobody really sees anything as a true color.
    HES SCREWING WITH MY MIND! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

that aside, i often thought as well the handicaped have shown much intelligence at what they do, it may not be the IQ standards which is an old archaic way of judging peoples intelligence. but you would think that with a 23 pairs of chromosomes not including the sex cells that maybe more open thought patterns might be developed. after all its been show that some autistic and people with down syndrome have been really good at calculating equations and numbers.

...means nothing to no way Furore's Avatar

Some with Aspergers Syndrome sit at the top of their respective fields, I am not one of them.

I did however meet up with a group of them and many have this one thing they can either calculate or research that they can do to a point no other person can. Some talents were great feats of maths others were an encyclopedic knowledge of cameras or dinosaurs.

As many will be able to tell you themselves, sometimes people aren't inferior for having a certain condition, they're just different with both different weaknesses and different strengths.
    victoria aut mors

well...about the disabled....i still think they are a bit different than "normal" people. if they are higher up than us than why would they still need "extra special treatment?" i mean...if they know that themselves are higher up than anybody else, how come they still want to do the same thing everyday and waste so much of their time to sit down with somebody that is not disabled and indicate to everybody else that the fact that they are disabled? maybe your perspective is correct...but i think you should rephrase it a little and instead of "higher than us", you should say "more special than us." what i mean is...they are not special, but because when "normal" people see them, its their smile and their emotions towards them that makes them special. and we dont smile to them because they are higher than us, we smile because we feel that they deserve more in life than they are now...but we are not pitying them.... like if yo have a friend or anyone you know that is disabled and wrote you a thank-you card or something, you will feel very emotional verses someone that is normal that wrote it to you...

Quote Originally Posted by LIGHTNING_71013 View Post
    well...about the disabled....i still think they are a bit different than "normal" people. if they are higher up than us than why would they still need "extra special treatment?" i mean...if they know that themselves are higher up than anybody else, how come they still want to do the same thing everyday and waste so much of their time to sit down with somebody that is not disabled and indicate to everybody else that the fact that they are disabled? maybe your perspective is correct...but i think you should rephrase it a little and instead of "higher than us", you should say "more special than us." what i mean is...they are not special, but because when "normal" people see them, its their smile and their emotions towards them that makes them special. and we dont smile to them because they are higher than us, we smile because we feel that they deserve more in life than they are now...but we are not pitying them.... like if yo have a friend or anyone you know that is disabled and wrote you a thank-you card or something, you will feel very emotional verses someone that is normal that wrote it to you...
    yeah, ill agree.some of my word choices are a little off. Sorry

Registered User A New Perspective: 1 Pendulous's Avatar

my GPA is a 98.6 for the past 4 years of highschool, so im not just some dumb kid.
    I stopped reading after this.
    "Sworn enemies...take that! Sky dragon slash! you shall be defeated!"

...means nothing to no way Furore's Avatar

Here's a similar mind**** I thought up a while ago and think I may have even posted on TFF at some point or another...

Know how you see those sufferers of conditions like Dementia who're in their own little world, often set at some point in the past or a mixup of past and present and they don't seem to realise at all? What if you are similar and don't even realise it because of the condition? Perhaps you're an elderly person whose memory has deteriorated to the point where your reality is shaped by past memories and (just to keep the mind**** going) perhaps this post of mine is something your mind has made up because on some level you do realise there is something wrong or unusual about the current events you're experiencing...

It isn't, and I know that myself, but how could anyone else be sure?
    The human mind can do some pretty freaky shit.
    victoria aut mors

An argument to both questions brought up, the reason why that's not plausible is because there are far too many people with the same mindset. If the majority of the people are seeing/thinking the same way, it's not a delusion. It's reality.

#LOCKE4GOD A New Perspective: 1 Alpha's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Or it's just a really big delusion.

Also, no one seems to be entertaining the possibility that, if the disabled do not have superior intellectual capacity and so on, that they still may hold a unique perspective that has been routinely undervalued by us pitying normies.

Che

I have no doubt in my mind that some of the autistic kids are "more intelligent" than some "normal" people. But autism is more of a social thing. And modern society is shit anyway.

Also depends on how you measure intelligence. Common sense, logic, wisdom... Those are all different to me.

If you somehow managed to put your words together correctly to manipulate an argument on the thought of this, you might have yourself a pretty good movie script.