Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Parents forcing beliefs onto their children?

Genocide Unfolds, I Forgive All Chez Daja's Avatar
    Ted Zanarukando, I'm giving you a spam warning for not adding enough content to your posts. Just make a little more effort.

Also, a61688, wow, that's pretty rough. I've heard of parents who cut their children because they don't have the same beliefs... It's so disgusting. They treat their children like something just to throw around... something to use and abuse. They try to live through their children with force...well...some of them. The lucky ones only get a little verbal abuse.

The person in my avatar is me.

THIS SIGNATURE IS VERY DISTRACTINGS

I was the holder of the highest amount of rep that ever lived on TFF. 1788. lolz. I ween.

well mine is just simple...

i grew up with strict parents too... maybe some of you will never understand what am i talking about....

well i just share to you my simple testimony about it and what i have learned on it...

i really feared my dad, especially when i was teenager... i know that my dad is not a perfect human, but i know since my mom gave us a good reason why they use to beat us (even slap us) when they got upset to us... you know it already that they were trying to correct you. But when it comes to beliefs... well yes they trying to convince me of what they believe... BUT they never, ever FORCE ME as if they gonna hit me sooo hard... what they did is they want me to observe good and bad things about their beliefs, so i did... what i'm trying to say this is all about many teenagers longing for is what we call "freedom to choose.." they let me choose what i want to, you know... and i don't really understand these over strict parents what are they doing to their kids... yes i agree with their being strict to them, but i don't think even when it comes to forcing beliefs is also incuded.. o my i'm telling you it will never ever work that way...

it doesn't mean that i am going to argue with those kind of parents... it's just my view about it... how can their child love them more if they misinterpret the love they had to them? just think about it. What i am trying to explain is, according to my testimony, kids should have a freedom to choose. As long as they choose right! well if you're gonna ask me what if a child will choose bad choice... then let the parents discuss it with them in a way that they will not let their child feel they are so mean with them.. AND BE PRIVATE... as what chez says she just found out that strict parent what she did to her kid... seems she did it publicly...

Parents know what is best to their children... and i believe it... they should emphasize love inspite of this kind of issues that most kids especially teenagers been in pressure of... that's my opinion...

Saved from wrath
    Romans 6:23

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2