Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Nintendo Worshippers V1.1

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiser Dragoon
    P.P.S. You're most active in: Cleft of Dimension · 452 Posts << not sure whether to laugh or what, haha.
    You're not the only one. I think that may be a common occurrence at this forum. Sad, isn't it?

What else is sad is that I haven't played any Paper Mario games yet. I know they're (allegedly) good and I've been meaning to play at least the N64 one, but I haven't gotten around to it for some reason.

Nintendo wise, I've mostly been playing random Virtual Console titles, as usual. I'm trying not to play my Sega VC games to build up a Segorgasm when that new collection comes out, so I've mostly been playing Castlevania, Mega Man 2, Double Dragon, Neutopia, Splatterhouse and some others. I've also recently downloaded Wonderboy in Monsterland for SMS. It's pretty good, but quite the challange. Also been thinking of starting a Link to the Past file as I recently finished Ocarina of Time.

That's it for me.

Until now!

Definitely not 6:10:50 Nintendo Worshippers V1.1 Kaiser Dragoon's Avatar
    Personally, I've been playing and loving Dragon Quest 4, it's really good to play a title I haven't played since the NES days and one that Squeenix hasn't worn out near completely (makes a sad nod at the Final Fantasy remakes). It may not be the most sophisticated, touch screen oriented, etc game you can get, but it's really good for nostalgia.

Also, February seems to be a good month to get awesome re-releases. Fire Emblem 12 (Aka the original revamped for the DS) hits stores the 16th, and Dragon Quest V (one of the coolest DQ games around, and never released in America) is coming out the 19th also for the DS.

Plus revisits to older franchises (Such as Shining Force Feather) make me want to jump up and down for joy in the old-skool-re-release nostalgia. Though, I'll probably just end up getting sick from them. I love the games, I hate when they either screw it up, or blow the success out of proportion (I'm looking at you, FF1-6, re-released more than 4 times apiece, too bad I'm a old-skool whore and will probably still buy V and VI when they come out).

Oh well.

~Kaiser Dragoon
    Last edited by Kaiser Dragoon; 01-31-2009 at 11:03 PM.
    XBLA:

You're most active in: Cleft of Dimension · 452 Posts

YES, I Have obtained the power of "Lurker Status"!

Blog Entries
    Over a month since anyone has posted? Shouldn't we be technically closed down? (Although given the way Clubs is right now...) And by "we," do I mostly mean Jin, Kaiser Dragoon and I, with maybe a Silver or Psiko thrown in every once in a while for good measure? (Let's keep up the pattern, guys!)

This week, I bought Okami for the Wii. I have played the very beginning of it. I think I will have to get used to using the wiimote for the painting bit; it takes me a few tries every time I want to slice a rock in half... my arm is not veyr steady at all.

There are other games that I should play before this one, perhaps, like a couple RPG's I've borrowed from friends (I've had a friend's copy of Kingdom Hearts II since August of '07 and never got past Mulan's stage, but he has my copy of FF7, so I guess that balances it. I don't even remember the name of the other RPG I'm borrowing right now. Involves control pad patterns to input fighting commands.) There's also the MGS series, the two Sonic games for the DS I never beat and Star Fox Command, which is hard to me...

Oh, and Paper Mario is definitely better than "allegedly" good. Although you may find the story simplistic in the first one especially, with the generic "Bowser kidnaps the Princess" story and all. Still fun, though. Anyhoo...

Wuv, Yer Mom

...means nothing to no way Furore's Avatar
    I just haven't gotten any noteworthy Wii or DS games of late. Not to say none have been released, just for some reason I've been more focused on other things. I'm very interested in that House of the Dead: Overkill bundle with the two AMS pistol shells for the wiimote.

Might get that in a week or so to celebrate my new full time job. Wages look awesome.
    victoria aut mors

アズテオル Nintendo Worshippers V1.1 Azuteor's Avatar
    Hey guys! How's it going? I was curious about this club, but I never got a chance to take a peek ever since I was in Seekers of Illumination, which has died due to immense inactivity (which is partly my fault), and the Bleach club. Recently, many of the TFFers I am close with are not as active anymore, so it's been kinda lonely. TFF is in its inactive period; it occurs at different times of the year.

Anyways, I'm very interested in joining the club. Since there isn't some kinda of registration process, I believe I could start by talking about my history with Nintendo. Hopefully, that should suffice.

SNES

Games:

• Space Invaders
    • Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest
    • Super Mario All Stars
    • Spider-Man Xmen Arcade's Revenge
    • Final Fight 3
    • Super Mario Kart, and Jurassic Park.

If I was a little older at the time, I would have been able to play great, classic role-playing games. Unfortunately, I am missing a chord, which left the console sitting in my room collecting dust.

N64

Haha, my N64 is pretty small. I was more focused on hand held gaming than the consoles. I was a Pokemon junkie when it was extremely popular.

Games:

• Pokemon Stadium
    • Pokemon Stadium 2
    • Hey You Pikachu!

GB/GBC/GBA/Nintendo DS Lite

Games:

• Pokemon Red, Blue, Green, Yellow, Gold, Silver, Crystal, Ruby, Sapphire, Fire Red, Diamond, etc.
    • Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening/DX
    • Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons/Ages
    • Golden Sun
    • Golden Sun: The Lost Ages
    • Megaman Battle Network: 1,2,3,4,5,6
    • Riviera: The Promised Land
    • Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories
    • Fire Emblem, Fire Emblem: Sacred Stones
    • Final Fantasy I & II
    • Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow, Dawn of Sorrow, Portrait of Ruin, Order of Ecclesia
    • Chrono Trigger DS
    • Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Ring of Fates
    • Megaman ZX
    • Metroid Prime Hunters
    • Lunar Knights
    • Advance Wars: Dual Strike
    • The World Ends With You

Wii

• Wii Fitness
    • Wii Sports

Other consoles: PS2, Xbox 360

I didn't have a Nintendo Gamecube or an Xbox because I didn't really care about the consoles around the year they were released, haha.

Definitely not 6:10:50 Nintendo Worshippers V1.1 Kaiser Dragoon's Avatar
    Well, I thought it would be bad for me to double post, *shrugs*.

Also, I would say Azu is Club worthy. Though, we didn't need the whole list . Generally, we ask that applicants put a 5 game, Nintendo exclusive, favorites list. Also, have a few posts under their belts (which you seem to have covered fine).

Any Naysayers?

~Kaiser Dragoon
    XBLA:

You're most active in: Cleft of Dimension · 452 Posts

YES, I Have obtained the power of "Lurker Status"!

Figaro
    Hey, can I join this club?

Blog Entries
    Y'know, I would say yes, simply because this club hasn't been posted in since late March, and new blood might breathe some life into it... but that's the last time the leader was on TFF, too. There is also a rule that says you must have 150 posts to join... that should probably get thrown out the window, given the aforementioned inactivity.

Here's the deal: post your top 5 favorite Nintendo games, and make your posts longer than that last one (actually write like a paragraph instead of one line...) and I will pretend you are in the club.

So I played Crystalis and Bionic Commando the other day. Got a duo retro too. Fun times.... posted about it over in General Gaming already, though. Anyhoo...

Wuv, Yer Mom

Figaro
    Right, okay.

My favourite Nintedo Games are:
    1. LoZ: OoT
    2. Super Mario 64
    3. LoZ: MM
    4. Super Metroid
    5. LoZ: LttP

Yup, I am a pretty big Zelda fan, and an overall Miyamoto fan. I love that man and what he has done for the Games Industry. The invention of Donkey Kong pretty much saved computer games, and gave us Nintendo's mascot. He brought on Nintendo's Glory years, and the kind of success that they are only seeing again now with the Wii and DS. I am convinced that everything that comes out of his brain, even Nintendogs, is a work of genius, and I hope that he continues to create amazing games in the future.

Was that a decent sized post?

Blog Entries
    Hmm... yes, that is of acceptable length. Keep it up!

Yeah, Miyamoto is pretty awesome. Are you excited about Super Mario Galaxy 2 coming out at like the end of this year, or the new 2d Super Mario Bros game? (That's about all there is, really... oh, and the Metroid prequel game, I guess.) I liked Super Mario Galaxy a lot, so hopefully this next one lives up to its predecessor. Although usually it's years between each main Mario installment; I wonder if they've put enough time into this next one... We'll see! Yoshi's in this one, so it automatically gets some points with me, already.

I'm also excited to hear about the new sequel to FF4 that will be coming out for Wiiware, I guess in installments. It'll be about Cecil and Rosa's kid, apparently. Too bad no new Star Fox game was announced, though. I know a lot of people want one, too. One that goes back to its roots, though, with Wii controls. An update of Star Fox 64 would be sweet... Anyhoo...

Wuv, Yer Mom

Figaro
    Oh, I didn't realise I was alowed to talk about games that aren't actually made by Nintendo, as that would drastically change my list. In that case, it's:

1. Okami
    2. OoT
    3. FFVI
    4. Super Mario 64
    5. FFIV

I hope that they remake FF V and VI for DS, considering that VI was the best 2d FF in my book, and I have never played V. A new star fox game would be amazing, but only if it is 100% flight missions, and brings back memories of Lylat Wars (that's what star fox 64 was called in Europe). Any Mario game makes me exited, but I hope that Galaxy 2 isn't just a mish mash of Galaxy 1 repackaged as a new game. I can't wait to get my hands on the FFIV sequal, though I wonder if after all the new FFs Square Enix can go back and make a game in a similar style to IV.

Also, i want to say that I'm pretty annoyed that there is not a single piece of info on a new Wii zelda, Spirit Tracks looks fun, but I want something as deep and great as OoT and TP, not as casual and easy as PH.

Blog Entries
    I played and beat Zelda II: The Adventure of Link this week. Beat it in three days. The first time I've ever beaten that game; I saw my siblings beat it, but I never could. I think I was a little intimidated by some of the harder enemies back in the day, but playing it now, I charge in and kill as many things as I can. Which is a good strategy, as killing baddies gives you Exp. Not that there wasn't a fair share of swearing and throwing the controller at the ground, particularly when I was trying to beat the 6th palace. I got the game over screen in the same place twice, and I was like "**** you!! **** YOU!! **** YOU!!" And I obliterated my controller. (It involved pits filled with lava, and annoying things that flew at you.) I found out, however, that the final boss is a cinch; all you have to do is stand in the left corner and swing your sword, and he will run into it and die.

I've also tried Legacy of the Wizard a little bit again. Got frustrated and turned it off. I also beat two stages of Mega Man X the other night, took down the password, and then the next day, the password didn't work, so I was a little annoyed at that, too. But I rediscovered the awesomeness of Storm Eagle by playing it again! Anyhoo...

Wuv, Yer Mom

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2