Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Nintendo Worshippers

I heard that some PS3 games may cost up to 80 dollars. That's a ripoff. Thank you Nintendo for always being reasonable when it comes to prices. Sony just lost all respect from me. Nintendo rules and makes good games/consoles.

What!? Thats just crazy. And I thought the Playstation 3 was already expensive!! but come one. 80 for one game? They've crossed the line there. Adn I agree with Kyle, Nintendo has kept teh most reasonable prices. That is why we are Nintendo Worshipers!
    Quote Originally Posted by max
    Here's a question though what do you look for in a new game? Are you interested in Grafix, gameplay, fun factor, or something else? What factors are the most important in your purchase decisions?
    Well I personally think Graphics as a side intrest. Like when you Role-Play on these Forums, you don't need pictures. What I look most for in any game is mostly the Sotryline and Gameplay. Those are the main things that intrest me the most when I play. Storylines are what keep me wanting to progress more into the game, while gameplay is what makes the game itself. The fun of the game depends on what kind of game it is. If it is under a category I do not enjoy, I probably won't enjoy it as much as a game inferior to it, but under a category I do enjoy.

Registered User Nintendo Worshippers maxpower's Avatar
    Hey I thought of another game I would like to see a sequel to. Did anyone ever play Startropics? That game was awsome! I mean I know that they made two for the NES but why not make a new one for the Wii. I thought that was a great game.

I was going to suggest putting the main character Mike into Super Smash brothers but now that I think of it he was really just the original Ness character. I mean they both used bats and yoyos to fight. Come to think of it was Earthbound just a revamped startropics? Any ideas?

Sorry if this question is too old school I just really did like that game. If you haven't played it and can find a copy may I suggest picking it up.

i am on super smash bros and how do the luigis ?
    and do you play on billy hatcher that is so good to play on

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by maxpower
    Hey I thought of another game I would like to see a sequel to. Did anyone ever play Startropics? That game was awsome! I mean I know that they made two for the NES but why not make a new one for the Wii. I thought that was a great game.

I was going to suggest putting the main character Mike into Super Smash brothers but now that I think of it he was really just the original Ness character. I mean they both used bats and yoyos to fight. Come to think of it was Earthbound just a revamped startropics? Any ideas?

Sorry if this question is too old school I just really did like that game. If you haven't played it and can find a copy may I suggest picking it up.
    I think that Startropics actually came out after the first game in the series Earthbound is in (Mother 1.) I don't remember, but I think that game came out in... '89? While I think Star Tropics came out in '90. La la la... I know these things because I'm a nerd.

I think that Mike from Star Tropics actually had a bit more attitude than Ness exhibits, however, due to the fact that he actually talks, and Ness doesn't. Mike's kinda a punk, isn't he? All street smart an' shit.

Anyhoo, I'd love to see a new Star Tropics game. Though I never played the first one all the way through (I got to a part where you needed a password, and I had no idea what it was supposed to be) but I played the second one all the way through, and it was a lot of fun. I wonder what the third one would be about, as the first one was island hopping, and the second was time traveling. Maybe a revisit to the first game's story would be cool, eh?

La la la... every time I hear the name "Zoda," I think "Soda." And then I get thirsty....

Wuv, Yer Mom

The Lost Writer Nintendo Worshippers Psiko's Avatar
    Funny, when I hear Zoda I think of Yoda.

So the third game HAS to be a Startropic/Star Wars hybrid starring the team of Mike and Yoda. It'll be called:

Startropics III: Betcha Haven't Heard of This Game!

Because lets face it, not very many people are cool like the three of us and know of this series. I actually own the second one, but not the first. I've played both and beaten neither. But still, good games.

On to other great NES series, any of you ever play the Wizards and Warriors games? There were three for the NES, and I don't remember if there were ever any made for the SNES. But I loved the first one, and the second one is a bit of a challenge.
    OLD SKOOL - A positive appellation referring to when things weren't flashy but empty of substance, were done by hard work, didn't pander to the lowest common denominator, and required real skill. Labour-saving devices, shortcuts that reduce quality and quitting before the task is done are not characteristics of "old skool."

In reference to computer games, refers to a game that had substantial playability without flashy graphics or eye candy. Old skool gamers appreciate difficult maneuvers, careful planning, and scorched earth policies.

In reference to role-playing games, old skool refers to games that tested players' wits, could kill off careless characters, and required dedication and inner strength to play. Old skool games didn't pander to the ideas that everyone is created equal, that all options are open to all races, that the markets were somehow free, and that a quasi-medieval society could have near 100% literacy.

See also classic.

Representing the Old Skool ways since 1984.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by psiko
    Funny, when I hear Zoda I think of Yoda.
    They're both aliens... and the letters "y" and "z" are close together. I think there might have been a Yoda in the second game, as per there were different Zodas with near end of alphabet letters replacing the "Z" at the beginning. Or maybe it was just like "Zoda X" and "Zoda Y," or something... *shrug* Can't remember... I only remember that the third Zoda in was a pain in the ass (in the second one; Soda's Revenge.)

I think that Mike should befriend a wookie in the new one, and then get pissed off at it and say "laugh it up, fuzz ball!"

I may have played Wizards and Warriors, but I don't remember. We never owned it, anyway. There was one game we rented one time, however, that I think was the original in that series. I remember that in the second level, There was a room with the boss, and there was also a water room underneath the room with the boss that you'd fall into, and there'd be zombie things in there that'd chase after you, or something. La la la...

Wuv, Yer Mom

Quote Originally Posted by psiko
    On to other great NES series, any of you ever play the Wizards and Warriors games? There were three for the NES, and I don't remember if there were ever any made for the SNES. But I loved the first one, and the second one is a bit of a challenge.
    I own the first wizards and warriors game. It is awsome. I always thought it was strange however that the picture on the front of the cartridge had like this Conan the Barbarian guy and then you would play the game as a knight? What in the world. Couldn't they find a picture of a knight?

Also I own both of the star tropics still and have been to the end of both but never beaten them. I think the end levels were just to hard. Still they are great games.

Bye-Bye, Taisai Nintendo Worshippers postalblowfish7's Avatar
    Gotta be honest with you- not a big star tropics fan. it was like zelda, only your character was 2 'squares' tall and used a yo-yo instead of a sword. i'm sorry - LAME. the box art promised to provide some grand adventure on the cart contained within - that island looked so survival ready - but i was seriously let down.

at least i was in elementary school - it's been over a decade since i've played star tropics, so maybe now as a 'mature adult' i might be able to appreciate it more.

and yes, wizards and warriors kicked serious ass.
    ~ R.I.P. Alexander Server ~
    Phinn - San d'Orian Hume - Shiva Server

Here is some good news for all Nintendo fans.

In a move that’s sure to please fans of the NES, Tecmo has decided to jump onboard the growing list of developers who have stated their interest to put their gaming back catalogues on the Wii Virtual Console.
    Tecmo, who of late have had huge success with titles such as the Dead or Alive series and the Ninja Gaiden franchise, revealed in their recent financial report that they intend to support the Virtual Console “aggressively”, although sadly this wasn’t elaborated on in the IGN story.
    Tecmo isn't a newly based developer as many believe, but have in fact produced an array of well known titles on the Nintendo Entertainment System. Classic games such as Tecmo Bowl and the original Ninja Gaiden series helped define the company in those early days, and in reality should make a much welcomed appearance on Nintendo’s Virtual Console.

How awsome would it be to get another Tecmo Bowl! I loved that game as a kid. I use to play it to death. I would be pretty pleased to see an updated version! Any thoughts?

The Lost Writer Nintendo Worshippers Psiko's Avatar
    ZOMFG! Tecmo Super Bowl is THE BEST FOOTBALL GAME EVER CREATED!

Seriously, those of you who have not played this great NES game are missing out. Madden has nothing on that game, in my opinion.

Oddly enough, I hate the Bears but always use them in Tecmo Super Bowl. See, back in the day I had a friend who I used to play the game with and he was a Bears fan. We'd play as the Bears together and tear it up. Mike Singletary scoring 15+ sacks per game. Gotta love the abusive linbackers!

And 99-0 isn't an uncommon score when I play. I'm freaking godly at this game.
    OLD SKOOL - A positive appellation referring to when things weren't flashy but empty of substance, were done by hard work, didn't pander to the lowest common denominator, and required real skill. Labour-saving devices, shortcuts that reduce quality and quitting before the task is done are not characteristics of "old skool."

In reference to computer games, refers to a game that had substantial playability without flashy graphics or eye candy. Old skool gamers appreciate difficult maneuvers, careful planning, and scorched earth policies.

In reference to role-playing games, old skool refers to games that tested players' wits, could kill off careless characters, and required dedication and inner strength to play. Old skool games didn't pander to the ideas that everyone is created equal, that all options are open to all races, that the markets were somehow free, and that a quasi-medieval society could have near 100% literacy.

See also classic.

Representing the Old Skool ways since 1984.

TECMO Super Bowl was wicked, i liked Joe Elway's Quarterback more - but probably just because it was the one i owned. psiko - we'll have to play TECMO wi-fi (or should i say... Wii-fi! XD) sometime!!! i'm not sure if the virtual console will support the free online play - but i'm hopin like hell that it will.

god, words cannot express my unquenchable excitement for the Wii, nor could they describe my passive indifference for the PS3. XBOX360 is going to die once these two systems come out. you have my prediction - the 360 is doing everything the Dreamcast did, only worse, without a library of decent games, and without japanese support. yeah sure, it feels good to be the first one out of the gate, but how long are people going to shell out $50 a year to play FPSs online when they'll be able to download perfect dark and blast their friends wi-fi for free? GFQ (good ****ing question).

anyone else see the parallels between microsoft's lover boy and SEGA's forgotten dream?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by postalblowfish7
    anyone else see the parallels between microsoft's lover boy and SEGA's forgotten dream?
    Now that you mention it... although the original Play Station came out before the Nintendo 64, and still won. Though it had an impressive library and nicer features, or something (cartridges vs. CD's, I guess.)

But yeah, I think that XBOX 360 parallels the Dreamcast, kinda. Except I don't think that Microsoft will give up on it as easily as Sega gave up on the Dreamcast.

On Tecmo Bowl; I think I might've played it once, when my friend brought over all these old NES games and an NES to a party, and we played them. Then again, it could've been another game. I just remember that almost every time the quarterback threw the ball over a defensive player, they'd catch it. Like they were 100 feet tall. Heh. Anyhoo...

Wuv, Yer Mom

Check out this news! It says that Twighlight Princess will take players 45 minutes just to cross the main field? That is amazing! What do you think is that too much time or is it going to be awsome!

Zelda: Twilight Princess for Nintendo Wii is currently set to include one of the most expansive playing fields ever created, with numerous reports that Nintendo is saying it will take players 45 minutes to make it across one side of Hyrule to the other. We're talking hundreds of square miles here.
    It was always widely expected that this upcoming addition to the classic Zelda franchise would be far more colossal that previous versions, though no one could have predicted that the land players roam across on Wii would be quite as enormous as suggested.
    Though many years have passed since Zelda: Ocarina Of Time was released, I can still remember the feeling of awe I received as I encountered the Hyrule playing field for the very first time. Let us hope that this latest addition can encompass that same feeling, whilst bringing about a new sense of magnitude.

Hey, I'd like to join this club, my name is Jonathan and I'm from England and I'm a huge Nintendo fan, I currently have a Snes, N64, GameCube, Gameboy, GBC, GBA, GBASP and a DS. I'm also looking forward to the Wii by quite a bit.

My favourite Nintendo games are LoZ: Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask and Paper Mario Thousand Year Door. My favourite non-Nintendo games for Nintendo consoles would be Skies of Arcadia and Tales of Symphonia for GC.

I hope I can join

Quote Originally Posted by Divi-Dead
    Hey, I'd like to join this club, my name is Jonathan and I'm from England and I'm a huge Nintendo fan, I currently have a Snes, N64, GameCube, Gameboy, GBC, GBA, GBASP and a DS. I'm also looking forward to the Wii by quite a bit.

My favourite Nintendo games are LoZ: Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask and Paper Mario Thousand Year Door. My favourite non-Nintendo games for Nintendo consoles would be Skies of Arcadia and Tales of Symphonia for GC.

I hope I can join
    Hey I like your avatar that guy is real cool. New members are always welcome here. I look forward to reading your posts.

Also I have never played Skies of Arcadia but have thought about buying it a couple of times. Is it worth buying or should I just rent it? I have tales of symphonia and really like it, is it like that?

Blog Entries
    La la la. I actually own Skies of Arcadia. I've owned it for over a year now, actually... still haven't gotten past the first dungeon, though. I always think "Hmm... maybe I should pick up this RPG again." But then I don't. It just doesn't interest me much, for some reason. I've noticed I've felt this way with most new non-Squaresoft games (excluding the Paper Mario games, of course. Oh yeah! And Morrowind.) Plus, I guess I really didn't care for the main characters, the main character in particular. However, Cesar loves that game. He had the main character as his avatar for a while, there. So maybe I'm just weird.

The new Zelda field will take 45 minutes to cross, eh? reminds me of Morrowind, kinda. Although I expect the land will look less monotonous than in Morrowind. Sounds cool, in any case. Anyhoo...

Wuv, Yer Mom

If you're into RPG's and want something just that little bit different I'd highly recommend Skies of Arcadia. It's a highly entertaining adventure that will keep you glued to your seat and TV for hours upon hours. It also gives the player the option of going after bounties, customising your ship and optional bosses. Lots to do

It's no Tales of Symphonia mind, but that is gaming perfection if ya ask me.

I don't know if you guys have played paper mario or not but it is one of my favorite Gamecube games. Anyhow I read this today.

Quote Originally Posted by some online guy
    Is Super Paper Mario passing over GameCube to go straight to Wii?
    Ever since Super Paper Mario was announced and the mesmerizing trailer hit, Nintendo gamers have been anxiously awaiting for the title to hit GameCube. There's been no official date for Japan and Europe, but the date Official Nintendo Italy Magazine gave for release in the USA was October 9th. It's always seemed a bit dicey to us, being so close to the Wii release date and all.
    Big N guru Matt Casamassina has finally said out loud what we've suspected all along; Super Paper Mario is jumping right over GameCube and landing on Wii.
    MC was asked directly about if SPM was coming to Wii, and he responded in a surprisingly direct matter.
    Hmm. How should I write this? Have to be vague, you know? Let me just say that yes, Paper Mario will be headed to Wii and not GameCube. Now read between the lines, damn you! Wait. That was a terrible hint! All right, that's it for today. Time to beat Bozon.
    And that, as they say, is that.
    Looks like I'm buying a Wii very early on.

i was actually hoping for SPM to be the last incredible must have GCN game - i thought it paired with twilight princess would make the last months of GameCube's life to be the best months in the system's history.

but i'm not about to complain about this news! imagine how infinitely more incredible SPM will be on the Wii? you know nintendo will pull out all the stops to take maximum advantage of the Wii's controller. god, release day can't come soon enough!!

Blog Entries
    Playing Super Paper Mario with the Wii controller? ...that sounds hard... I'm lazy. Oh well. Although I can't really say for sure whether it'll be hard or not, I guess, as per I've never even held the controller yet... so I should probably shut it up. Shut it up, me!

I guess I will have to be getting the Wii at least somewhat early on, now. If I have the money, that is... La la la... Super Paper Mario and Twilight Princess... wowzers!

Wuv, Yer Mom

Yuki
    Hi, can i join this club? I'm a really big nintendo fan. I think it's cool to play my fave is N64. I think i have about 34 games. ^^;
    So what do you say?

Quote Originally Posted by Yuki
    Hi, can i join this club? I'm a really big nintendo fan. I think it's cool to play my fave is N64. I think i have about 34 games. ^^;
    So what do you say?
    I think he well let you join. I have not seen him say no ever.lol

Anyways I made a Nintendo Worshippers Forum called Nintendo Worshippers. So look at my sig and join. Maxpower I pming you something about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Yuki
    So what do you say?
    How could I say no? If you love nintendo that is enough to join the club. My only warning is if you don't keep posting I will delete you from the list. Why join a club to not post?

Any how Yuki your in.

Quote Originally Posted by IGN
    Whoops. Microsoft's new console outperformed by Nintendo's five-year-old game machine this year.

by Matt Casamassina
    September 8, 2006 - Microsoft may have a hit on its hands with Xbox 360 in America, but the same cannot be said of the console's presence in Japan. Not only did the next-generation system debut in the Land of the Rising Sun to less than spectacular numbers, but overseas gamers have -- despite Microsoft's best efforts - continued to shy away from the system in 2006.

In fact, an analysis of the Japanese videogame hardware sell-through up until the end of August, 2006, courtesy Enterbrain's F-ism marketing data service, shows that Microsoft's console has been outsold by Nintendo GameCube of all systems.
    Microsoft has sold 75,837 Xbox 360 units in Japan in 2006 so far, according to Enterbrain's data. Nintendo, meanwhile, has sold 77,124 GameCubes during the same period.

It's a close race and Microsoft is gaining steam. During the last several weeks, Xbox 360 has outsold GameCube by as many as 200 or 300 units per week in Japan, narrowing the sales gap. And yes, we're having difficulty not laughing as we write this stuff.

The best-selling home console in Japan for the year is the PlayStation 2 with 1,061,563 units moved. However, the big winner is the Nintendo DS, which has sold through 5,208,404 units in 2006 alone. By comparison, Sony's PSP has moved just 1,332,773 units.

Microsoft has made attempts to appease the Japanese gamer, enlisting the aid of top local developers, which may be why the console is enjoying a very slight, but nevertheless increasing lead of month-to-month sales over GameCube. Of course, this lead may also have more to do with the fact that the Big N has all but abandoned its current generation console in the homeland, choosing instead to focus on DS and its upcoming Wii system.

We'll monitor the situation for any late-breaking improvements, but for now it is unlikely that Xbox 360 will give either Wii or PlayStation 3 a run for their money when the systems debut in Japan this holiday.
    Wow the gamecube outsold the XBOX 360 this year in Japan!
    Last edited by maxpower; 09-10-2006 at 08:34 PM.

Blog Entries
    That's... amazing. Heh. Wow, the almighty Microsoft, being beaten by a system that I'm pretty sure was last place... in the last generation of consoles? Ha ha! I'm gonna have to tell my brother that, and rub it in his face a little. Although this doesn't count for America. Sounds like the 360 is winning over here, eh? The only reason I would want a 360 would be to play Oblivion. And maybe that "Too Human" game, and the next Halo. That's pretty much how I did with the original XBox; I got it solely to play Morrowind, bought a total of 3 other games for it, I think, and sold all three of them. And none of them were XBox exclusives, either (although I think my XBox broke before Fable and KotoR came out...)

The DS is currently also kicking the PSP's ass, eh? At least in Japan... I think it only has a slight lead in the US, though. Maybe I'll have to buy one, soon, so I can play Animal Crossing: Wild World, or whatever it's called. Anyhoo...

Wuv, Yer Mom

The only reson is Xbox 360 cost way to much. I want one but I don't and want spend that kind of money. When Gamecube and stuff cost so much less.

Also max What are you talking about. You said wy join a club when you don't post. I post here I just have a job and go to school. So there is not much Time for me to get online.

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark One
    Also max What are you talking about. You said wy join a club when you don't post. I post here I just have a job and go to school. So there is not much Time for me to get online.
    La la la. To answer for max, apparently... He was talking to the new kid, not you Kind of a stating of his rules for this club. I would imagine he has no intentions of kicking you out at this point, as per you post about as much as he and I do. This club isn't exactly the biggest activity grabber, eh? Anyhoo...

How about a new topic? Yiy! Uh... how about... uh... what did you guys think of the Wind Waker? I loved it, personally. I've kind of had a desire to go back and play it again, as of late. I know a lot of people didn't like it for the graphics and the endless stretches of water between dungeons and such. Well, I actually didn't mind either. The sea thing didn't bore me that much at all, and as for the graphics... honestly, I think that's a lame complaint. Who gives a shit about the graphics if it's a fun game?

I really liked the second forest-themed dungeon. I think that was my favorite dungeon, even though it was a tad frustrating at times (or a lot frustrating. Having to do things over and over again sucks.) I thought the background music in that dungeon was a lot of fun, too. I liked it so much I burned it onto a CD, actually.

I also liked the last dungeon with Ganondorf. The final boss fight with Ganondorf, and the dialogue with him is probably my favorite part of the game, actually. He says some... interesting stuff, to say the least. And then the way he fights, too... Ganondorf is a very bad man. Heh. He's bad ass. Anyhoo...

Wuv, Yer Mom

Ganon
    I can't wait until September 14 (15 in Europe). Nintendo is going to have three press conferences within 24 hours of one another regarding each regions details on what I expect to be the Nintendo Wii's release date.

Nintendo should bomb Sony and release the Wii in October with a price tag of $199.99 and include Twilight Princess with the Wii.

Yeah, only in my dreams, but one can wish, right?

Anyway, am I allowed to post my Legend of Zelda rap here?

Quote Originally Posted by ganon
    Anyway, am I allowed to post my Legend of Zelda rap here?
    Sure it has to do with Nintendo right.

Quote Originally Posted by Gusto Gummi
    How about a new topic? Yiy! Uh... how about... uh... what did you guys think of the Wind Waker? I loved it, personally. I've kind of had a desire to go back and play it again, as of late. I know a lot of people didn't like it for the graphics and the endless stretches of water between dungeons and such. Well, I actually didn't mind either. The sea thing didn't bore me that much at all, and as for the graphics... honestly, I think that's a lame complaint. Who gives a shit about the graphics if it's a fun game?
    I also really liked the Wind Waker. I thought the graphics were awsome. I have to admit however that sometimes the water stretches did bore me a little bit. Still I often have A-D-D so that may be why. I liked the levels in which you have to use barrels to hide from those darn pig guys. I thought that was fun.
    Spoiler:
    I also liked the castle under the sea, and all the bad guys frozen in time. I thought that was really cool.

Here's an odd question. What do you guys think of tingle? Do you like him or does he kind of annoy you? I have to admmit that he annoys me a little bit. What a weirdo.

Blog Entries
    Here's an odd question. What do you guys think of tingle? Do you like him or does he kind of annoy you? I have to admmit that he annoys me a little bit. What a weirdo.
    I think Tingle's really weird. He doesn't really annoy me though, for whatever reason. Except when he charges ridiculously high prices for translating your map later in the game.

I also liked the part you mentioned in your spoiler. That was really eerie at first.
    Spoiler:
    Somehow, I knew you'd have to fight all of them, too. It seemed like it was going to be harder than it actually was, though. I actually liked all of the "Old Hyrule" parts of the game.

Anyhoo...

Wuv, Yer Mom

Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast