Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Music Haven

Registered User Music Haven Halie's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Music Haven

This club will be based around music interests, music discussions, and music alike. The purpous of the club will be to bring music fanatics together as a group, whatever the genre. If you love music, whether it's rock or hip-hip, or any other kind of music, then you're welcome here

RULES:

1. Of course, all TFF rules apply.
    2. Please, please, please remember that this is a friendly club for all genres of music, and flamming another member's opinion or interest of music will not be accepted.
    3. Keep an open mind ^^. Heh.

All members are open to make surveys for the club, suggest rps, begin discussions and other activities.

Also, if members are interested, having a club banner would be great. Ideas and volunteers for such are welcome.

Members List:
    Anachlirium
    Atma-Noah
    Britney
    Craven
    Chez Daja
    Chocozilla
    Dimmufan
    Djinn
    FF Ace Cid
    Fishie
    GazetteGuren
    Govinda
    Halie
    Helter Skelter
    Itachi Uchiha
    Joesteel64
    Lucid
    Martin
    Meier Link
    Mjrouse
    Mokkan Brushtail
    Mr Spike
    Musicrocksgbv
    Omega Weapon
    OmniTense
    Pete-For-S Mod
    Polk
    RagnaToad
    Raider-Milocious-Ieaunasarus
    Silver
    Slick
    SouL[of]SiN
    Spiral Architect
    Unknown Entity
    UntilTheEnd
    Xeim
    You

If you are interesting in joining, then you can PM myself or post right here in the thread. Please complete this short survey:

What are/is your favourite type(s) of music?

Do you have a particular favourite artist/band? If so, who?

How has music affected your life?

Have any musical talents?

What's your favourite song at the moment?

---
    I'll answer them too to get everyone started.

Mainly rock, heavy metal, gothic rock, pop rock, etc.

Evanescence.

Quite a lot. It's been able to lift my mood many times, and I can't imagine what life would be like without it. It's also brought me closer to certain people who now mean a great deal to me.

People say I can sing, though I highly disagree. I'm learning guitar though. I have two guitars, one acoustic and one electric. I love both of them ^^.

Hmm...I'd say either Waking The Demon or Say Goodnight, both by Bullet For My Valentine.

Thanks for reading.
    Last edited by Halie; 06-07-2009 at 11:24 AM.

Rock/Metal of different kinds lol

most likely Trivium. They have a lot of good songs

Keeps me sane, and alive

Guitar Hero3 on expert, oh, and I might be able to sing. Does Guitar Hero count?

Hell, by Disturbed

So...what shall we talk about, well for anyone intrested Disturbed is coming out with a new album soon, can't wait lol. We need more members. >.>
    Last edited by Darkwolf; 05-26-2008 at 04:09 PM.

Soup Kitchen Jerk. Music Haven Polk's Avatar
    Hey! I might as well submit an application.

I like anything from ska to metal, rock to jazz (of all types), noise, avant garde, world, some rap, hip hop if the mood suits me, blues, folk, acoustic, reggae, blah blah blah.
    But if I have to pick ALL TIME favorites: I'd go with ska, avant garde/noise, and metal (stoner, black, drone, doom and thrash).
    Gah. That's a difficult question. My all time favorite band is most likely The Aquabats. I went through a phase in I believe my sophomore year in high school where I only listened to The Return of/The Fury of The Aquabats. But here are what I consider my top 5 list:

1. The Aquabats
    2. John Zorn
    3. Mr. Bungle
    4. Frank Zappa
    5. Clutch/Reel Big Fish/Primus

Yeah, I cheated. I guess I need discipline? (Hint hint).

I went through a bad break-up in my Junior year of High School. One of the things that helped me get through it was to make drone metal and play shitty basement shows.

Otherwise, I can't imagine life without music.

I play guitar, bass, and saxophone, all pretty well. I can sort of play the trumpet, but not very well.

Another hard one. The song I'm most obsessed with at the moment is Steve Reich's "Piano Phase". Amazing song, that's kind of a condensed version, just so you get the idea.

My favorite songs at the moment are probably:
    Clutch- Cypress Grove
    Frank Zappa- Titties and Beer
    The Forces of Evil- Go to Hell

Okay. I'll stop now.
    Let's go into the "archives" in "Washington D.C." and find out how people "masturbated" in the "roaring 20's."

Crao Porr Cock8. Bitch.

Registered User Music Haven Dimi's Avatar
    Awesome idea.

I don't have a particular favorite genre, I like things like industrial, rock, some rap, metal, and stuff.

At the moment it would be Disturbed, Lacuna Coil, and Mandragora Scream. I'm counting down them days till the new Disturbed CD and Mandragora Scream has been on my top playlist for a while now. Oh, and we all know why I like Lacuna Coil. Cristina's my wife of course.

**** yeah!!! [Sorry about my vulgarness. ><] Music just sets in the mood yo!! Musique iz lyfe.

Haha. I can't sing that's for sure. I'd probably blow out my vocal or something if I were to attempt it. I'm pretty good at GH but I consider that a gaming skill if anything. Only instruments I've ever played was an acoustic guitar. Hopefully one day I'll pick it up again.

Listening to nothing at the moment. But earlier, I would say Apocalyptica's "Ion".
    Last edited by Dimi; 05-27-2008 at 03:50 AM. Reason: Omega saved my life! :D

This is my sin... Music Haven Lucid's Avatar
    I guess I'm going to end up as the black sheep of the group.

Enka, Country, Rock, Metal, Instrumental, lots of other random stuff

Ayako Fuji, Fuyumi Sakamoto, Jero, Rimi Natsukawa, Yoko Nagayama, Yoshi Ikuzo, Miyuki Nakajima, George Jones, Randy Travis, er...too many more to list... x_x

It calms and inspires me. I think I would die without my music. XD
    Also, it may sound a bit cheesy, but I love the teary and soulful sound of Enka music.
    Sadly I don't really know anyone else who shows the same love I have for it...

I can sing alright I guess. Guess I got some singing talent from my Dad.

I have too many favorite songs, but right now I guess for now it's Hitomi Ayase - "Michinoku Banka"
    Last edited by Lucid; 05-26-2008 at 11:48 PM.

...means nothing to no way Furore's Avatar
    I also want in.

I tend to like a lot of rock bands, and a few metal bands, but a lot of my favourite music is either grunge, or has a grunge sound.

My favourite song is an older one by Pearl Jam. The song 'Corduroy'. Bands-wise I have several dozen. But take a look for yourselves.
    http://thefinalfantasy.net/forums/sh...&postcount=120

I listen to it almost if not every day and have spent a good deal on my music as I prefer the original CDs to copies or downloaded music. I'm also an audiophile of sorts. Despite some nearly lossless formats taking up a good deal less room, I'm more fond of RAW itself. Even if it does takes up a good deal of the harddrive per CD. And because of that, I only have my faves stored like that and the rest are just higher quality MP3s.

I can play a triangle if I have to. And I used to be able to play a harmonica, but it's been that long I don't know if I still can...
    EDIT: After reading Froggie's post, yeah, I too am a lyricist. LITERATURE FORUM PEOPLES!

Last edited by Furore; 05-27-2008 at 01:07 AM.
    victoria aut mors

Arachnie Suicide Music Haven ChloChloAriadne's Avatar
    --Yeesh, so many. To be honest, a lot of what I listen to gets chucked in the "Gothic" bin, even though much of it is very different. [Think - Victoriandustrial, Fantasy rock, Darkwave, goth Cabaret, gothic metal, medievil-theme, pagan rock, horror etc etc..]. But I'll give a lot of things ago. I'll try out any new Avant Garde band, and I'll listen to some metal [although gone vaguely off it at the moment, so much of it just feels so formulaic, like a pop song in disguise], a fair bit of neoclassical and classical [especially violin, and lately harpsichord], little bits of jazz, and a capella music of a lot of genres is a love.

--It is and probably will be for a long time, Emilie Autumn. I got into her music when she released "Enchant", a fantasy rock album, back in 2002. She deals with a lot of different types of music, such as medievil, 40's inspired, industrial, victoriandustrial, other victorian-inspired, classical, neoclassical, Shakespearean-inspired and metal. She covers such a wide variety of musical styles I enjoy, and she tends to have very similar interests to me. Historically relevent music is somewhat hard to find now, especially applied in the way she does it. Along with this, she does delve into more personally deeply emotional things. It's not often she does, but she touches on somewhat 'taboo' subjects such as suicide, manic depression and rape in an evidently unusual and graceful way, which is something not many people tend to do. What I especially love is that she doesn't glamourise suicide and mental illness as so many other bands tend to do. In fact she's even made fun of the glamourisation of suicide in both the Victorian era and present times in her song "The Art of Suicide", which is completely and totally sarcastic, portraying how all too many people seem to see suicide.

The art of suicide, nightgowns and hair
    Curls flying every which-way
    The fate too pure to hide
    Ridges of size
    Meant to conceal lovers lies

Under the arches of moonlight and sky
    Suddenly easy to contemplate why
    Why
    Why live a life
    That's painted with pity and sadness and strife
    Why dream a dream
    That's tainted with trouble and less than it seems
    Why bother bothering
    Just for a poem or another sad song to sing
    Why live a lie
    Why live a lie

The art of suicide, gritty and clean
    Conveys a theatrical scene
    Alas, I've gone she cried
    Veins displayed
    Melodramatically laid

Under the arches of moonlight and sky
    Suddenly easy to contemplate why
    Why
    Why live a life
    Why dream a dream
    Why bother bothering
    Why live a lie
    Why live a lie

Why live a life
    Why dream a dream
    Why bother bothering
    Why live a lie
    Why live a lie
    Why live a lie
    Why live a lie

Life is not like a gloomy Sunday
    With a second ending where the people are disturbed
    Well they should be disturbed
    Because there's a story that ought to be heard

Life is not like a gloomy Sunday
    With a second ending where the people are disturbed
    Well they should be disturbed
    Because there's a lesson that really ought to be learned

The world is full of poets
    We don't need any more
    The world is full of singers
    We don't need any more
    The world is full of lovers
    We don't need any more

It somewhat amuses me. Her most famous song which seriously deals with suicide, "306" doesn't portray it in a beautiful way, but rather as an ugly escape.. Even the song makes you somewhat disgusted.

But that's off track. What I was originally going to say was that she touches on these subjects, and I find it oddly empowering how she does it in the way she does. I love the girl, purely.

Other singers and bands? I could write this much on each and every one of my favourites. But I'll settle for a baby list of my extreme current favourites - The Cruxshadows, Hannah Fury, Rasputina, ThouShaltNot, Voltaire.

--It effects and enhances my mood every single day. There's not much else I can say here.

--Not really. I can sing, but I have quite an unpleasant voice. I'm a lyricist, really.

--I could never choose a favourite song. Currently.. Perhaps it's "Ever" by Emilie Autumn. Maybe. There's so many.
    I've been on this site since 2006 woah

Godsmack Worshipper Music Haven Omega Weapon's Avatar
    Lived by the rules you that you gave me and fell apart. All the wrong turns down a dead end street so far. I stretched my wings and breath in different day. Alone and broken is the price I pay but that's ok...
    I totally agree with Fishie! Amazing idea!

Rock is by far my favorite genre but I like a little of almost everything except country, rap and jazz. I've tried, but I just do not like them.

Godsmack! There is a lot of Alice in Chains in the sound of this killer band. Anyone who listens can hear the other inspirations in the music as well. Godsmack supplies the world with the much needed sounds of a heavy guitar/catchy vocal hooks/and a pounding drum/bass guitar. Nowdays people want to hear about how cool people are, Excellent music to listen, and perfect for the late night work-out session. Godsmack gives what the starving rock n roll/metal fan needs!

Evanescence! The element that really separates this band from the pack is Amy Lee's voice. Evanescence is a tremendously talented band, but one has to focus on lead singer Amy Lee. Lee is one of those rarest of musical performers, an artist whose voice transcends words and music to reach down and tap into your very soul, holding you mesmerized by the power - intense yet gracefully restrained - of her voice. A voice such as this does not lend itself to analysis, for it is, at its very core, a wholly spiritual device capable of the most emotional and soul-moving rapport with the human heart of the listener.

- Other great bands:

Metallica
    Disturbed
    Backstreet Boys
    Alice In Chains

It relieves me somewhat when I'm stressed and just makes me feel better really. Some music opens your mind about certain issues you hadn't previously thought of too and It seems to always express what I can't.

Unfortunately no!

Bring Me To Life by Evanescence.

BANNER:

http://img355.imageshack.us/img355/5...ichavenfa1.jpg
    Last edited by Omega Weapon; 05-27-2008 at 03:50 AM.

Stage Dives, High Fives. Music Haven Confession's Avatar
    Hi, I would like to join, hence why posting.

Umm Can I just say practically anything becides from majority of hip hop/RnB (becides from NWA and Wu Tang <3)

My favourite band is Faith No More, I go through what I listen to alot, and I tend to listen to it alot, but FnM always stays there. I think my top 5 are

Faith No More
    Black Sabbath
    Mr. Bungle
    Pantera
    Rush

I have music for all emotions, so it helps me through the highs and lows, if it wasn't for the music I listen to, I probably wouldn't be who I am.

I'd like to say to myself that i'm quite a good drummer, I have been told I can sing aswell, but drums is my main thing.

I can also 5 star all the songs on GH on expert except for TTFAF which I get 4

I have 3 Favourite songs atm:
    1. Live wire - Motley Crue
    2. Party Smasher - Dillinger Escape Plan
    3 Sweating Bullets - Megadeth

Sooooo yup ^_^

(Do to Froggie's keen eye, My fave bands aren't in my fave songs because I obviously liek the songs, if there my my most liked bands)
    Last edited by Confession; 05-27-2008 at 03:58 AM.

Wu Tang Killa Bee's, We On The Storm.

Blog Entries
    Wow, it's nice to see so many members joining already. All of you are accepted

I'll just edit the Members' List now.

Omega, the banner is amazing! I definitly think we should use it!

Govinda
    I have decided to join because this list made my morning:

Metallica
    Disturbed
    Backstreet Boys
    Alice In Chains

Yeah, so. Question time.

Hmm. Classic rock, modern rock-y stuff, trip hop, modern Nice Songs that I can't really class. Lots of stuff. Just not techno, please not techno.

Christ no. My favourite band/artist changes daily, usually picked from a pool of favourites. I can never remember them all, but people always up there are: David Bowie, Radiohead, Lou Reed, Feist, Regina Spektor, Cat Power, Teitur, Devics, The Beatles, Bob Dylan, The Clash, Frank Zappa, Ian Dury, Nick Drake, Morcheeba, Loudon, Martha and Rufus Wainwright and I am going to be here all day if I don't stop now.

Sometimes, around lunchtime, I think, 'Hey, I don't feel right.' 99% of the time it's because I haven't listened to one of my tunes that day. I start to progressively wilt without music around. The songs I spend my time with make my life, always have. Music was a huge part of my house growing up, and makes any happy day just that bit better.

I play every kind of recorder (I can also play two at once up my nose, one recorder per nostril, and play things like Jurassic Park in two keys this way), clarinet, alto and tenor sax (but the tenor is by far my favourite of the two), ocarina, and a teensy bit of piano. I have an urge to learn more piano.

I have no idea. But I've been listening to this song a lot on Youtube. I'd never buy this woman's album, but I love the piano in this song. It also sort of fits the fact that I'm going back to live in my stupid ****ing hometown in a week. CRAP. But this woman's voice is lovely too.

Also, here's an idea: who's got last.fm? I'm ElectricBiscuit. Like Electric Warrior but ten times less cool.
    Last edited by Govinda; 05-27-2008 at 06:31 AM.

Genocide Unfolds, I Forgive All Chez Daja's Avatar
    I would like to join. I seriously consider myself a music genius when it comes to many of the more underground genres, although I know a lot about pretty much most genres around.

Medolic Death Metal;
    Metal which actually seems to have a point other than screaming guitars and men who do nothing but growl into a microphone. Very easy to listen to.

Suicidal & Depressive black metal;
    Bands with repetitive riffs, sometimes covered over with lyrics that are usually suicide/torture related. A good DBM band is Diagnose: Lebensgefahr. The album I own of theirs which I bought from Amazon is available from that site, or from their personal site if you're interested. You need to have a really gritty, sick mind to take these guys seriously.

Progressive metal.
    Black metal.
    Ambience.
    Industrial. (This varies. I'm not into Alt metal.)
    Math metal.
    Grindcore.
    Various Doom metal.
    I even like some Indie, J-rock, and I enjoy some Reggae.

I couldn't name just one.
    I like Akira Yamaoka a lot for his work on Silent Hill. His music is Godly.
    Other bands that remain favourites:
    Bjork.
    Hypocrisy.
    Nevermore.
    Opeth.
    Anaal Nathrakh.
    Bergraven.
    Krohm.
    WORSHIP.
    Diagnose: Lebensgefahr.
    These are all relatively easy to find in stores or on Amazon.

I love music. That said, not all music. I dislike pop, punk, emo, nu-metal, gothic and country. I will be subject to admit that various pop is catchy. I don't hate rap, but I don't like it that much, either.

I play acsoutic guitar and keyboard. I'm a whizz on the keyboard and mainly just play other peoples' riffs on guitar because I'm not serious about becoming a musician or anything.

Krohm: The Waning. (SBM).
    Last edited by Chez Daja; 05-27-2008 at 06:58 AM.

The person in my avatar is me.

THIS SIGNATURE IS VERY DISTRACTINGS

I was the holder of the highest amount of rep that ever lived on TFF. 1788. lolz. I ween.

I'd like to join. Music is quite literally my life as ive grown up in the industry. Great to finally see a club like this btw Dystopia!

Metal/rock/punk, anything with guitars and nice riffs in basically. But its not unheard of to catch me listening to some Eva Cassidy or something...

Nightwish. 1. I love their music and I always have. Tuomas writes everything so perfectly, from the vocals to the orchestra and the tiny little melodies in the background. 2. I know them personally a little and they have done nothing but encourage me and help me in my journey. Oh, and I like Anette much better than Tarja in everyway...

Music is my life. I've grown up in the industry so ive been around it all my life. My dad has released several albums in England under the name G.P. Hall and is currently signed to Bronze records. My girlfriends dad works at Finlands biggest and world famous recording studio, Finnvox, and as such through both my dad and girlfriends dad I have met many famous and powerful people in the industry and have a job lined up waiting for me as soon as I graduate from Music Management. This means ill get to work as a manager for bands and in studios and with producers etc. which has always been the thing thats interested me most.

I've played guitar for about 9 years, I can hold my own singing but I wouldn't say I'm particularly good. I also write alot of my own music and lyrics. I was with a band for a while and we were supposed to head into the studio to record some demos but have since disbanded and so I'm looking for another band to join/create. But its harder said than done.

Hmmm....Maybe Never wanted to dance (Birthday massacre remix) - Mindless self indulgence.

As for a topic how about:
    What was the last band you saw live and how was the experience?
    Last edited by You; 05-27-2008 at 07:44 AM.

I'd like to join also =p

Anything that sounds good haha. Sounds pretty obvious? I'm fairly open when it comes to music, some genre's i'll like one song and hate the next (goes down to single albums and stuff aswell haha). I mostly listen to rock though.

It varies most of the time, but the 2 bands that pop up whenever i answer this question are Queen and Incubus.

Not too big of an affect, at least i don't think so haha. Sometimes it helps with things, like when i need to chill out or forget about something but other times it'll exacerbate things... especially emotions haha. Two sides of the coin i guess.

Played a fair few instruments during school including piano, violin, recorder (who didn't in school XD). Out of school i picked up guitar, but i've not played that in ages.

At the moment? Hmm. I've been listening to Knights of Cydonia a lot recently, thanks to how fun it is to play on Guitar Hero XD. Also Don't stop me now by Queen is frequently on my playlist

Blog Entries
    Okay, welcome to the club you four. 13 members in two days Wow lol.

Last.fm? Nah. Don't have it. I've heard of it, but I'm not really a big radio person, myself. I prefer listening to music on WMP, etc. But saying that, I've never tried last.fm.

Last band I saw live: Bullet For My Valentine on their Scream, Aim, Fire tour. It was an amazing concert. Though they're still a young band, they really know their stuff on stage. And they're not just great with the crowd, but their performance on stage is absolutely brill too. I recommend seeing them to all Bullet fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Djinn View Post
    Played a fair few instruments during school including piano, violin, recorder (who didn't in school XD). Out of school i picked up guitar, but i've not played that in ages.
    Hahaha... I played recorder in school, too. I could play Hot Cross Buns, which typically sounds exactly like Three Blind Mice. COINCIDENCE?

I even had a book on how to play it... but um. I was shit, so whatever.

I can play a Metallica solo... It's the acoustic number on the track 'One'. Heard it? I can also play a bunch of Akira Yamaoka, and at one point, I could play a James Blunt song.

I was the holder of the highest amount of rep that ever lived on TFF. 1788. lolz. I ween.

Govinda
    Dystopia, last.fm isn't really about radio at all. It's made for people who listen to most of their music on WMP or iTunes. You get a plugin, and then all the song's you've listened to are put up on your profile, and it generates charts, neighbours and recommendations for you. And it lets you design your own radio as well as giving you a radio station of personalised recommendations on your profile. Some of the people you find on it are ace. I found one once who'd listened to Whenever, Wherever by Shakira over 10,000 times. You'll love it once you sign up.

Last show was Martha Wainwright at the Glasgow Royal Concert Hall last Friday, my man took me. Lots of lesbians there. Support act hilariously bad. But the lady herself was on top form, her insanely powerful voice tearing holes in the hall, had the whole place cheering. Excellent show.

Also, I'm going to make a video of myself playing Jurassic Park on two recorders out of my nose just so that Chez and Djinn can see what they missed out on by not paying attention to recorder in school
    Last edited by Govinda; 05-27-2008 at 09:21 AM.

That One Guy Music Haven dimmufan's Avatar
    Hell yeah! A music club. This sounds cool so I've decided that I would like to join. Here's my answers to the questionnaire.

Mainly symphonic black metal. But I also like death metal and some punk also.

Dimmu Borgir FTW!

I just can't imagine living life without music. I love to sing and I sing everywhere I go. Oddly enough, I do not sing in the shower. Kinda weird, eh?

I play rhythm, bass, and drums.

There are a chitload of songs that I like so it's really hard to pick just one or even a few.
    2% of teens haven't tried smoking pot or drinking, if you're one of the 98% who has, then post this in your signature.

Blog Entries
    Welcome dimmufan, you know, my best friend loves Dimmu Borgir too. I've only ever heard the beginning of one of their songs, though. It was okay, but it wasn't really enoguh to tell whether they were good or not. Might give 'em a go sometime, though.

Pablo: 10,000 bloody times? Christ. I bet I could beat it with a few Evanescence songs though haha. And as for the Jurrassic Park video, I'd love to see that. Sounds like a right laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Pablo Honey View Post
    Also, I'm going to make a video of myself playing Jurassic Park on two recorders out of my nose just so that Chez and Djinn can see what they missed out on by not paying attention to recorder in school
    Haha i'll look forward to it .. and i totally paid attention to recorder in school, i could never use it with my nose though XD.

Last band i saw live was Metallica at the Leeds festival a few years ago. Was some awesome bands there that year, think that was the same year System of a Down played... they were amazing live.

Soup Kitchen Jerk. Music Haven Polk's Avatar
    The last show that I saw was Streetlight Manifesto. Amazing show, though the tenor saxophone player was incapacitated, and could only play the flute for a couple of songs. The opening band, MU330, was fantastic, too. Their finale included epic power skanking, and the trombone player swinging around a chainsaw.
    Let's go into the "archives" in "Washington D.C." and find out how people "masturbated" in the "roaring 20's."

Crao Porr Cock8. Bitch.

Whuh? we have members so fast? I feel so...inactive. Even if I'm on once a day at least lol ^^;;

Anyways, I haven't really seen any concerts to be honest. I just don't have the money. Although, if I pass 4th quarter this year, I'm going to Ozzfest. I've heard that it's really gone downhill, and that this MIGHT be the last year for it, but I still want to go. Especially if they have Lordi live again, their vids are so great. Heh, pyros everywhere.

As for musical talents, I guess GH really can't compare to you guys lol. Especially doing the "One" Solo for Metallica. I've tried it on GH, and I give kudos to anyone who CAN do that without screwing up. As for recorders, I have also played Three Blind Mice/Hot Cross Buns. I, too, had a little book to do with my recorder and stuff. They made us do it for music class in grade school. And yet, I have yet to see a class where you have to play guitar, I would enjoy learning that. Just too lazy to find the time to do it outside of school and other crap. xD

As for the Banner, I'm going to put it on my sig. I'm just going to use my photobucket since there's not a good way to do that kind of stuff straight from my computer. I don't know why, but that's just how the internet works lol
    Last edited by Darkwolf; 05-27-2008 at 02:11 PM.

Blog Entries
    Aye, I added the banner too. Thanks, Omega .

And as I said, Alex, you'll love music festivals. They're so much fun. Some of the people you can meet there are fab. Crazy, but fab haha.

Has anyone here ever gone to a music festival? I did last summer, I went to the Carlsberg Reading Festival (The place Reading. Not as in reading books, the place. Haha, me and Alex were talking about this earlier >.> lol). It was amazing. It's the only one I've been to so far, but I definitly plan on going to another one. I want to camp there for the whole weekend next time though, rather than just going for a day.

So, anyone else have any music festival experiences?

Oh aye, Pablo Honey, I checked out that last.fm thing. It confused me, but I think I'm getting the hang of it. It says I've listened to 4,750 songs so far today. Goo mee . Haha.

Govinda
    I've only been to one festival because I've never had the money. I got a ticket for free. Download in Glasgow, 2004. Linkin Park and the Lostprophets headlined and I was too young to drink to numb the pain. Luckily I can't remember most of it anyway.

This year I'm hitting up Europe's biggest open air festival - COMPLETELY FREE I MIGHT ADD - Psyzstanek Woodstock, and some other slightly smaller ones around the country. I want a Festival Summer full of new music I've never heard, for reasonable prices, and I cannot wait.

Over 4,000 songs in one day? Your last.fm must be broken. My boyfriend's WMP is on all day every day, he's been on Last since 2005, and he's only at 60,000.

I've been to a showcase concert once of twice before to see local bands play but other then that, I've never been to a huge concert. I would love to go though one day sometime soon. If anything, I would love to see either Disturbed or Lacuna Coil live.

@Omega: The banner looks nice BTW. Awesome choice of colors and nice font.

Music festivals?

Gigs?

No, not my scene, never have been. I have a mild case of what you might call misanthropy. I can be sociable... Buuut. I don't like or trust people I don't know. I don't meet people because I don't want to.

While misanthropes express a general dislike for humanity on the whole, they generally have normal relationships with specific individuals. Misanthropy may be motivated by feelings of isolation or social alienation, or simply contempt for the prevailing characteristics of humanity.
    Yup.

I heard horror stories of people getting their arms broken by moshers at gigs, too.

I tend to mostly find myself at pubs (and occasionally clubs if there's a band I really want to see) watching local acts many may not have heard of.
    Like The Black Stars, a great group based in Byron Bay here in Australia. I don't know if they'll make it heaps big, but they have an awesome sound. Especially in their last EP Money or Your Life where their sound seemed to go from a nice (yet slightly generic) rock sound, to their own unique blend. I'm sad it was only a few tracks long in all honesty...

I find I rarely if ever see the big bands I see as most don't play too locally, and if they do they tend to charge a hell of a lot. But there is the occasional one. I LOVE the Big Day Out.
    victoria aut mors

hey i'd like to join this music club

any type of rock pretty much. i kinda like hip hop a little. and techno is amazing
    ummm probably AFI i dont really listen to them as much any more tho and there are many others
    it just makes it easier lol
    i can play guitar and piano ok not super great tho
    February by A Thorn For Every Heart

I have a question regarding music that would probably make a great discussion for this club. Concerning music, what led you into listening the kind of music you listen to today? Some people prefer rock. Some people prefer rap. Some people prefer indie. The list goes on and on. But what was it that had gravitated you towards the kind of music you listen to? Was it the sound? Is it a song's lyrics? Or is it something you can personally relate to?

Good questions Fishie...

Concerning music, what led you into listening the kind of music you listen to today?

I think my love of Grunge bands began with either 'Lithium' or 'Dumb' by Nirvana. I heard them both on the radio years back, liked them, did a little research, found grunge. I still like those songs, but I now like many others too. Thanks to the internet I listened to a lot of other bands such as The Melvins, Mudhoney, Mother, Soundgarden and several others. Mostly either Grunge, or containing Grunge influences. I eventually figured what I liked, bought all the CDs I could find, often cheap as most of the music is a bit older. It all fit together well.

But what was it that had gravitated you towards the kind of music you listen to? Was it the sound? Is it a song's lyrics? Or is it something you can personally relate to?

It's the sound, and often the message a lot of Grunge songs hold. Like Corduroy for example. It has an amazing sound and I really feel the lyrics as I listen to it. It's my favourite song as I've mentioned earlier...
    I feel that a lot of the lyrics some Grunge songs contain are very raw and the emotion is felt quite clearly. I like that in my music as it helps with the feeling of the song in a way that generic pop music often can't. And I just love that raw dirty sound most Grunge captures. Hence it's recognised name...
    victoria aut mors

Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast