Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Music Haven

Arachnie Suicide Music Haven ChloChloAriadne's Avatar
    Dystopia, listen to one of her Enchant era songs...

A lot of people don't like Emilie. The fact is that she doesn't showcase her voice well.. Listen to "What If" that I posted there, and you should be able to hear a totally different side of her voice >.<. It's a shame she progressed to some of the Opheliac stuff, to be honest.

Chez - I really like Bjork. Out of what you posted there, I think I prefer Oceania. She's... Certainly interesting. Just different, but certainly not without talent.

Sin - Haha, "Bela Lugosi's Dead" seems to be the most typical song from that genre in that era... So popular, never really faded. I don't mind it though, good band. I -love- Nosferatu, Faith and the Muse and Sunseth Midnight. That's the first time I've heard Anapilis, and I quite liked it, going off to find more.
    I've been on this site since 2006 woah

Listen to "What If" that I posted there, and you should be able to hear a totally different side of her voice >.<.
    Yeah I was meant to say before but forgot, that I quite liked that song and side of her. It wasn't too bad...

Registered User Music Haven Dimi's Avatar
    @Froggie: Musically, I like Emilie's Opheliac transition. Her vocals don't bother me none. I like some of her harsher stuff as well as some of her Enchant stuff. And you do hear a different side to her on Enchant both vocally and lyrically. I Know Where You Sleep FTW though!!! First song Froggie showed me of her and still my all-time favorite. Expect a cover by Fish here.

@Sin: That Bauhaus song is like an hour long!!!! Haha. I really like it though. As I was telling you on MSN the other day, my favorite Bauhaus song would have to be "The Man With The X-Ray Eyes". I checked out "Hollow Hills" the other day and that's become an instant favorite the first second I heard it. They did a song for The Lost Boys, no?

Godsmack Worshipper Music Haven Omega Weapon's Avatar
    Lived by the rules you that you gave me and fell apart. All the wrong turns down a dead end street so far. I stretched my wings and breath in different day. Alone and broken is the price I pay but that's ok...
    Quote Originally Posted by You
    You like listening to songs by a certain artist in a language you dont understand and really love them. You then later find out the songs are racist, sexist, something along those lines. Would you still really love the song? Would you still listen to it?
    I think everyone listens to songs for different reasons. You know, Reasons like lyrics, music, vocals, etc. Although I think the music is what makes people want to listen to the lyrics, half of enjoying music for me is the lyrics. I mean it's like 50/50. I think the lyrics matter as much as the music.

Good music + Good lyrics = Perfect song - Don't you agree?

Anyway, If I discovered that the lyrics were horrible I probably wouldn't listen to it anymore. However, in rare situation I think music appeals to me more.
    Last edited by Omega Weapon; 06-06-2008 at 12:18 PM.

Soup Kitchen Jerk. Music Haven Polk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega Weapon View Post
    Not to me. Some of my favorite music has no lyrics at all. What did you say? Examples? If you insist...

Dub Trio- Illegal Dub

Behold... The Arctopus- Exospacial Psionic Aura

Then again, I value music over lyrics/vocals. Because I'm an asshole like that. For example, in Mr. Bungle's "My Ass is on Fire", Mike Patton says Redundant over and over again for about a minute. But it's still a great song. I don't know, that's just my opinion.

Anyway. I'm obsessing over Harvey Milk right now. New CD came out on Tuesday. It's amazing. If you don't know, Harvey Milk is an experimental Rock band from Athens, Georgia.

Harvey Milk- Death Goes to the Winner
    Let's go into the "archives" in "Washington D.C." and find out how people "masturbated" in the "roaring 20's."

Crao Porr Cock8. Bitch.

Stage Dives, High Fives. Music Haven Confession's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by James K. Polk View Post
    Not to me. Some of my favorite music has no lyrics at all.

Then again, I value music over lyrics/vocals. Because I'm an asshole like that. For example, in Mr. Bungle's "My Ass is on Fire", Mike Patton says Redundant over and over again for about a minute. But it's still a great song.
    Anyway.
    I have to agree here, James already knows my love for Mr. Bungle. But i'd like to point out another band who is absolutely amazing, and have no singer, whatsoever.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8kgu6rf0Ek
    Godspeed you! Black Emperor

Now the start has a voice, but thats telling a story, becides from that there is no lyrics. In total the song goes for something like 23 minutes, as do most
    GY!BE songs do, but on albums they are labelled on scores.
    Last edited by Confession; 06-06-2008 at 05:54 PM. Reason: The URL didn't work

Wu Tang Killa Bee's, We On The Storm.

Genocide Unfolds, I Forgive All Chez Daja's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Spike View Post
    However, as I iterated before i don't agree with their decision to write songs about these issues. I was in HMV the other day and i looked at the back of one of their albums and one of the songs was called "Orgasm Through Torture".

No thanks.
    That was my first Cannibal Corpse song. Have you seen those lyrics for that particular song. It make men seem so weak. I laughed until I almost wet myself, but this happens a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Weapon
    I actually disgaree with this. I don't need lyrics, to be honest. Sure, some songs do better with nice lyrics, but I personally find the music the best. However, with Bjork, it's kind of what you said. Her lyrics are usually misread for what they sound like. Most people don't even know what Oceania and All Is Full of Love are about. I find that interesting.

The person in my avatar is me.

THIS SIGNATURE IS VERY DISTRACTINGS

I was the holder of the highest amount of rep that ever lived on TFF. 1788. lolz. I ween.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Weapon View Post

Yes, although there a number of instrumental songs that appeal to me alot more than some normal songs do. As there are also purely lyrical songs (not many, but some) that also appeal.

Although if you get good of both it makes a great song, it doesn't necessarily have to have both to be a great song. Sure, it helps, though.

<code id="html"></code><code id="html"></code>

The TFF family:

Raider - The Metal Brother
    Secret Weapon - My FFVII guardian cousin
    Unknown Entity - The Theory of a Deadman loving Aunt

(anyone else want in? PM me!!)

Current FFX challenges: NSGNSNCNONENNENBB: Macalania

TONC: Mushroom Rock: Aftermath

OOH!! CAKE!!

New disturbed CD came out not too long ago, and I've listened to all the songs already. So I guess I'll talk about it

My favorite songs from the CD: Indestructible, Haunted, Inside the Fire
    What I think about the CD: It's alright. There are some good songs, but they're not as good as I would've hoped. I kinda looked for the intensity like their previous songs (hell, liberate, guarded, voices) but I guess they're not AS intense as I would've hoped. Still, a good CD though. If you're a fan, go for it. Just don't get your hopes up for a list of #1 songs coming from the CD, the only one I've been hearing is Inside the Fire, which is again, not as good as the other CD's.

Actually, that's a good idea. CD reviews, why not? I did a couple of CD reviews back in the back. My newest ones may not be as good, but I think I'll steal your idea if that's alright. I'm not sure if it'll give anybody any type of inspiration to listen to the music I listen to, but I'll give it a go.

My subject for today is a band that has grown popular in dark ambience, suicidal and depressive black metal and drone genres. Diagnose: Lebensgefahr is the one man project started by ex-Silencer member 'Nattramn' around 2004-2005, but the first official album 'Transformalin' was released in 2006. Silencer fans might expect something completely different from Diagnose: Lebensgefahr and may even be disappointed in the differences between the music they play.

Transformalin takes you on a journey through different minds in their own suffering. The lyrics are often of those begging to be tortured and transformed into new life, although other songs are accompanied simply by cries of fear or pained screams.
    The album consists of eleven lengthly tracks, most of which sound mostly like pure noise or eerie sounds that help add to the atmosphere of the album. There are English and Swedish vocals on the album and most of these lyrics have been distorted to the point that they no longer sound human. The two songs that stand out as the most disturbing on this CD would be 'Transformalin' and 'Upon The High Horse of Selfdestruction', each of these songs menacingly imploring death and transformation as the key to some kind of a new life.

Another song that stands out, would be Situazion: Lebensgefahr but for a completely different reason. This song is the only one that doesn't sound as if it is meant to install negative emotions onto the listener.

I personally don't recommend this album for those who enjoy lyrics, because there are only a couple of tracks on the album with legible vocals. I'd recommend this to fans of darker ambient genres, drone fans and listeners of DBM and SBM.

I was the holder of the highest amount of rep that ever lived on TFF. 1788. lolz. I ween.

Registered User Music Haven Halie's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Yes, for the most part, I agree. Lyrics are very important for my tastes. I'd find it a bit annoying if I listened to a bunch instrumental songs, because vocals and lyrics are usually the main things that attract me to a song. However, sometimes, orchestral instrumentals can appeal to me. I like how the violins and pianos flow together...but if it drags on for too long with no vocals, then I'm afraid I get bored. I guess I'm too big of a sucker for vocals ^^;; lol.

I'd review a CD if I could think of a new one, but I can't think of one at the moment. >.>...

CD Reviews sounds like a good idea. I used to do a few on Amazon but i kinda lost interest in the idea a while ago.... i shall think on it and review one if i can find one suitable

Chez: Diagnose: Lebensgefahr (is that the name?) sound intriguing. I may see what I think of them.....

The TFF family:

OOH!! CAKE!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Spike View Post
    Chez: Diagnose: Lebensgefahr (is that the name?) sound intriguing. I may see what I think of them.....
    They're not obvious in the metal sense. I'd say depressive drone, but they're labelled black metal, too.

Here's Situazion: Lebensgefahr... this is one of those that stood out. Don't mind the video, I haven't seen the movie it came from, but the song is what matters.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JyYFhZ51fkA

Anoxi:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2V1D3...eature=related

If you're not into Diagnose: Lebensgefahr (and that's quite understandable) listen to Xasthur.

Again, don't mind the shitty videos.

Bleak Necrotic Paleness:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KwcMGodwmAU

May Your Void Become As Deep As My Hate:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPsFr0KNEPc

...means nothing to no way Furore's Avatar
    Not necessarily. But that's a difference I notice between me and my parents. If they cannot hear the words in a song they automatically dislike it. Foreign songs, those with a faster beat, anything not in slow droning English...

I believe a good song with good lyrics can often be a lot better than a song with one or another, but with the different talents shown by many bands favouring many different styles, I couldn't always apply such a formula.

I may or may not do a CD review any time soon. I'm just that lazy...
    But, after a while I may find myself with nothing else to do.
    victoria aut mors

Stage Dives, High Fives. Music Haven Confession's Avatar
    CD reviews sound awesome. But I have a question about doing them.
    Does it have to be recently released CD's? Or can it just be ones that we think are worth reviewing?

Wu Tang Killa Bee's, We On The Storm.

Blog Entries
    Nah, it doesn't have to be a newly released one. At least I don't think it should be.

I can't really think of an album that new that I'd like to review...so yeah, I think it can just be whatever you think is worth reviewing ^^.

Also, what about band profiles and reviews? I think they'd be good, too.

Govinda
    Oooh, I'll do one, because I love this CD.

Teitur - Stay Under the Stars

The Faroe Islands' finest pulls the Difficult Second Album and does something we were all waiting for - he's discovered cellos.

His debut, 2005's Poetry and Aeroplanes, received rave reviews and I personally loved it - but when put next to this CD, it shrivels in comparison. Then, it was nice, but his arrangements on songs like You're the Ocean and Poetry and Aeroplanes seemed almost clunky, out of place, almost too theatrical. Like he didn't know what was going on. Now, however, Teitur has well and truly got the hang of letting a full orchestra or five fit in with his songs. And where P&A was all lullaby guitar melodies and wheedling lyrics, Stay Under the Stars is vibrant.

I maintain that if the song Louis, Louis ever makes it out of Denmark Teitur will be catapulted to international stardom. Louis, Louis, a tribute to Louis Armstrong and the second track on SUTS, is just so wonderfully poppy - an insanely catchy and simple chord progression with such happy lyrics over the top. A song to make a summer's day perfect. I can easily see people buying the album just for that song - but the rest of it is not like that at all.

His discovery of cellos and an apparent liking for bashing holy **** out of the lower notes on a piano has transformed this man. Songs like I Run the Carousel and Hitchhiker let you know that he knows just what he's doing and is not afraid of it. His use of such instrumentals give these otherwise happy go lucky songs a darker edge, and this makes them a lot harder to listen to than Louis, Louis and Boy! She Can Sing.

This album is fantastic. It has everything. Lovely love songs catered for in Umbrellas in the Rain and the suspiciously titled Don't Want You to Wake Up; dancing around bedroom while getting ready for a sunny day music provided by Louis, Louis and Boy! She Can Sing; stampy 'TURN THAT UP SO I CAN HEAR THE BASS!' in I Run the Carousel and Hitchhiker. Like every album, there are crapper songs - Night Time Works and Great Balls of Fire (he's good at suspicious titles) sort of muddle around in the middle, waiting for the better songs. All My Mistakes rounds the CD off perfectly with a simple yet beautiful piano accompaniment to Teitur singing 'Because of grace, because of courage, because of forgiveness, all my mistakes have become masterpieces.'

Never be afraid to like something because there's a danger that a lot of other people will like it too. This man is infectious and wonderful.

parkour messenger extrodinaire Music Haven Mokkan Brushtail's Avatar
    ummm...hey, I'd like to apply, I love music.

What are/is your favourite type(s) of music?
    I'll listen to anything that isn't sex/racist, but my favorite genre would have to be well...I really don't know, I'll have to do some research. *grabs headphones*

Do you have a particular favourite artist/band? If so, who?
    yeah, it'd have to be old blue eyes, Frank Sinatra.

How has music affected your life?
    It has always helped me when I lack inspiration for poetry, or my stories, and it was a singing competition that helped me become more self-confident. (Cheesey but true)

Have any musical talents?
    I play Clairinet, and I love to sing...not sure how well but I love to sing.

What's your favourite song at the moment?
    All The Same by Sick puppies, Singing in the Rain Frank Sinatra version, Or HoukiBoushi by Youhna not sure which but it's one of those three.
    The Final Boss Theorem:
    The size of the ultimate form of the final boss is inversely proportional to it's chances of actually beating your party. If you agree with this, please copy and paste this valuable piece of info on your sig. AND, if you're evil and villainous...never settle for a big form when a smaller form is more kickass...

From the darkest Shadows, I strike for truth!

My TFF family so far:
    my maniacal cousin, Morik the Rogue

Blog Entries
    Okay, you're in. Welcome to the club, Mokkan. ^^

I think in the near future, I'll put up a review of Evanescence's Fallen. But for the time being, I think this club needs a new discussion. It's starting to die out a bit. >.<

how's about concerts? we can discuss our favorites.

Ive seen alot of bands through out the years. But I would have to say my 3 favorites would have to be

1: Greenday (seen them thrice) - They put on a hell of a show. I have never seen a band that could get the croud involved so much (literaly). At 2 of their shows i saw them pull random people out of the crowd and had them play their instruments for them.

2: Stabbing Westward - Probably one of the few bands that i have seen that can put more energy into a song that sounds almost the same as what i've heard on their CD's.

3: Rammstein - These guys are nuts! and thats what makes them great. Even though i couldnt understand but like 3 words the whole show they still rocked the place. They came with KMFDM and put on a better show the all of the other acts of the night. VERY energetic show
    Soldier: "We suck but we're better then you"

We will fight, we will be strong
    Together we're marching on
    United, we move as one
    Our finest hour has just begun
    Philmore - Our Finest Hour

Crao Porr Cock8! Need I say more!?
    My awards:

Lived by the rules you that you gave me and fell apart. All the wrong turns down a dead end street so far. I stretched my wings and breath in different day. Alone and broken is the price I pay but that's ok...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dystopia
    I think in the near future, I'll put up a review of Evanescence's Fallen.
    I swear I was going to do the same thing today! I'll put my review now and I'll try to make it short:

Fallen - Evanescence

For those who don't know, Fallen is the first full-length album by American rock band Evanescence, It was released on March 4, 2003 and has gone on to sell 7 million copies in the U.S. and 15 million copies worldwide.

Evanescence is currently my favorite band and has been since first hearing "Fallen" and If you want me to describe this album in one word I can tell you that it a masterpiece. The more I listen to it the more I love Evanescence. It sounds fantastic in my car and there is absolutely no song I dislike in it. It has everything, Ben lyrics are genius and really strike a cord, amazing guitar riffs and drum beats. Also, do I need to mention Amy's voice? even who hates her can't deny the fact that Amy has one of the most powerful, haunting voices out there and it can really get under your skin and stay with you.

I think what made Fallen so great is the rawness of it. It is unpolished and unapologetic about it. It made the album very in your face and deeply personal to the listener.

My final rating:http://img115.imageshack.us/img115/4...7081849hl9.gif

this is very best album in my rather extensive Rock collection. The music is haunting and beautiful while truly rocking. nothing less than outstanding from first note to last. it's without any doubt the best debut album ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Meier Link
    how's about concerts? we can discuss our favorites.
    Didn't we discuss that a few weeks ago? *scratches head* Anyway, I can't really say anything about concerts because I didn't really have the time to go and see any concerts. and I think that DVDs appeal to me more.

I think this club needs a new discussion. It's starting to die out a bit. >.<
    I noticed that too. While Meier's discussion is still standing, Here are some questions for you regarding covers:

- What do you think of covers?
    - Do you think that covers can be better than the original songs?
    - What is your favorite cover?
    - What cover do you think is the worst?

Giving some examples would be a nice thing too.
    Last edited by Omega Weapon; 06-18-2008 at 04:07 AM. Reason: too many reasons!

Covers can go either way. They can either be really good and well done half the time and the other half they can be complete crap. They are usually the best, in my opinion, when the artist doesnt deviate from the original too much but changes it enough to make it their own.

Yes I think they can although it may not happen that often. The way I see it is that covers should be viewed and listened as a different style perception of a song and as such cannot always be thought of in the same ways as the originalss.

Children of Bodom's version of Rebel Yell is great, in fact most of their covers are really good. Jeff Buckley's Hallelujah is a master piece. Disturbed covered Land of confusion quite well. Manson has covered Sweet Dreams and Tainted Love really well and I like Metallica's Whiskey in a Jar and there are many more I like. But perhaps my favourite is the Nightwish version of Over the Hills and Far Away. I love it.

- What cover do you think is the worse?

Geez there are too many. Any techno band that covers a rock song.

And nice topic Omega Weapon.

Can be a good thing - a sign of respect for a certain artist or song for example. Sometimes though it can just be a filler for an album when they can't put anymore songs in it and so therefore they can sometimes be a waste of time.

No. The originals were the ones that got everyone listening and became the classics. Even though the recording may be bad, sound quality awful - nothing can beat the originial song.

Well, tbh i haven't heard that many - however Trivium's cover of Master of Puppets was a fairly good I guess.

Having said that, Dream Theatre have covered the entire Master of Puppets album, and having heard some of the songs off of that i think that's an excellent tribute and would have to say that.

What cover do you think is the worst?

Not too sure. Like You said above, probably any band that covers a song that is not of their musical style.

The TFF family:

OOH!! CAKE!!

covers? I'm not musicly savy in critiquing it. I just listen to whatever is on.
    The Final Boss Theorem:
    The size of the ultimate form of the final boss is inversely proportional to it's chances of actually beating your party. If you agree with this, please copy and paste this valuable piece of info on your sig. AND, if you're evil and villainous...never settle for a big form when a smaller form is more kickass...

My TFF family so far:

The Ace Pilot and Cap'n Music Haven FF Ace Cid's Avatar
    Covers? More often than not, I do not believe that they are better than the original, however there are exceptions. Angela Aki, the artist that sings for FF XII's ending song, Kiss me good bye, she also did a cover for FF VIII's Eye's on me, by Faye Wong. I believe that it was much better. There are other examples to, but yet I still hold to the fact that most covers aren't as good as the originals.
    My TFF Family
    My Yaoi crazed sister Bleachfangirl. My evil vampiric sister Anathematized Anachronism. My random exchange student staying with my family, Xeim. . My Bot slicing brother Novacrash. My ever changing niece Athna Loveil.. My insane Gaara fanatic niece Tiger Lily. My loving sister Ekimeinna. My Quincy Co-Pilot Storm. My son, Savior of the Damned.
    My airship flying man in the air utd fan cousin, Sir Alex Ferguson. My sort of insane, out of his mind cousin, Silver. My Queen-obsessed Zico-loving cousin FF Guru. My FF crazed brother Flash. My disturbed and distraught brother Fishie. My Godsmack addicted brother Demon Hunter. My ickle sister xXViviXx. My old school free styling cousin, Pablo Honey. My Cousin most likely to get their hand replaced by a pen, Aerif. My highwind 'barkeep' friend, Unknown Entity. My fighting game loving cousin, Rocky. My FFVII Matey on starboard brother, SecretWeapon. My Pokémon-obsessed sister, Refieth. My FF trivia master cousin, Phantom. My FF VIII obsessed cousin, Craven.

PM me if you want to become part of my airship riding family, The Red Wings.

Allow me to rephrase my comment, What on earth is a cover?
    The Final Boss Theorem:

My TFF family so far:

Quote Originally Posted by Mokkan Brushtail
    Allow me to rephrase my comment, What on earth is a cover?
    Hahaha, This will answer your "unexpected" question: Cover version - Wikipedia

Anyway, I think I'll answer my own questions now:

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Spike
    Can be a good thing - a sign of respect for a certain artist or song for example. Sometimes though it can just be a filler for an album when they can't put anymore songs in it and so therefore they can sometimes be a waste of time.
    Exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Spike
    nothing can beat the original song.
    I totally disagree with you this time! I mean come on! open a window and get some fresh air! some covers would wipe the floor with the originals. Metallica's cover of Turn The Page by Bob Seger was amazing. It was simply better than the original. I mean I have nothing against Bob Seger and he is probably one of my favorite songwriters but that's the truth.

Bob Seger: Turn The Page (original)
    Metallica: Turn The Page (cover)

Well, I was very surprised by Faith No More's cover of Easy by the Commodores. They did a great job covering a song no where near the genre they are in.

Green Day and U2 did an AWESOME cover of 'The Saints Are Coming', originally by 'The Skids'. If you haven't heard the cover, then you must, it's gotta be one of the best covers of all time in my opinion.

Also, I would like to mention Godsmack cover of Good Times Bad Times by Led Zeppelin. They did it so masterfully. Many artists have covered that song but Godsmack's cover is the only cover that made it to the top 10 on the Mainstream Rock Tracks.

Led Zeppelin: Good Times Bad Times (original)
    Godsmack: Good Times Bad Times (cover)

Britney Spears cover of I Love Rock "N" Roll by The Arrows. Joan Jett did a cover of it too which is what made it famous, and then Britney did a cover of it which is what made it so despicable.

Also, I heard some Breaking Benjamin covers a few days ago, Believe me when I say they have ruined every song they covered!

Quote Originally Posted by You
    And nice topic Omega Weapon.
    Thanks dude!
    Last edited by Omega Weapon; 06-18-2008 at 02:35 AM.

Blog Entries

I think it's a great way to experience a song in different ways, but I guess that only applies if the band/artist who is making the cover decides to make it their own. If it sounds too much the same as the original, then I'm afraid theres not much point to it.

Hmm...sometimes. But for the most part, I think they're usually quite the same and it's very rare to find a unique cover that can be better.

Thoughtless - Evanescence. KoRn did the original, and I honestly think Evanescence did it better. Not just because they are my favourite band, but because I think they gave more feeling to it, and also, their cover of it is live, which in my opinion was done perfectly. - YouTube - thoughtLesS - evaNesceNce (koRn cover) live @ pariS

Also, Paramore's cover of My Hero by the Foos was certainly interesting. A lot softer, and was done acoustically. Plus, Hayley's voice goes really nicely. Lovely song! ^^ - YouTube - Paramore - My Hero

Erm...I don't really know. That Britney cover was pretty bad, like Omega said. And also, Limp Bizkit's cover of 'Behind Blue Eyes' was absolute crap, in my opinion. - YouTube - Limp Bizkit - Behind Blue Eyes

---

And damn you, Omega! You did a Fallen review before me! lol. I think I'll do my own as well, though. ^^ And to say the least, I completely agree with everything you said about it. Brilliant album!

Heya everyone! I just got the OK to post in the club, so here I am.

I think they're great, as Mr. Spike said it is a sign of respect appreciation for an artist/song. Also they may cross the song over into a whole new fan base depending on who is covering the song again giving people an appreciation for someone they may never listen too otherwise. For instance you could look at The Cure's song entitled Love song which has been covered by like ten bands and who knows how many solo artists. Which has brought the song into the younger generation.

Of course, a lot of covers I have listened to appease my taste for music more so than the original. Again the covers that bring songs from a different generation of music and I like a lot more mostly because music styles are totally different.

I would have to say that Nirvana's cover of Lead Belly's "Where did you sleep last night" is my favorite. Found in either their box set or their unplugged in New York CD. Lead Belly was this old blues/folk performer from the forties. Again many bands have covered his songs making bringing him into this generation.

I would have to say Anberlin's cover of "Like a Rolling Stone". I just hits the wrong chord with me.

Later days.
    EBG

Welcome to the club Atma-Noah!

Thoughtless - Evanescence. KoRn did the original, and I honestly think Evanescence did it better. Not just because they are my favourite band, but because I think they gave more feeling to it.
    Hmm..not really my favorite song by Korn but I didn't really listen to this cover before! It's amazing! Evanescence did a great job! It's pretty obvious that Amy can sing live, she is a great pianist and I really think that the piano in it made the song more interesting than Korn's, It also gives that song the Evanescence signature and like you said, They gave more feeling to it.

And damn you, Omega! You did a Fallen review before me! lol. I think I'll do my own as well, though. ^^ And to say the least, I completely agree with everything you said about it. Brilliant album!
    Hahaha, I am also planning to add a review of Evanescence's The Open Door soon.
    Last edited by Omega Weapon; 06-19-2008 at 01:49 AM.

Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast