Thread: How bout them humor threads!

How bout them humor threads!

All right here's the deal. We have humor/words games threads within the General chat boards right? Right. I know some people don't even go there, some people ignore it and some might not even know we have it! That section is just as important as the Final Fantasy IV boards are, why? Now I'd like to tell you all how important they are to TFF!

Why is this forum so important you ask? Because it's the closest to a spam forums, and what does spam do? Bring us all together! (k now that was poor) No but in all seriousness, it's the game section of TFF, you go in, find some sort of weird word game that involves you doing something like roasting the person above you. You roast them, press F5 one hundred times to see what someone will say about you. You even get to criticize people's avatars or signatures, 7/10, 9/10. 15/10, 2/10, 5/3. Then you press F5 a bunch of times to see what the next person rated yours at. I mean how boring would it be to not have something to do where you barely have to use your mind.

Now I am FOR the humor/word section of the forums, why? Well I just explained why, it should be the same for YOU! I mean why wouldn't you. I know you can't spam in it which is perfectly fine, (I've been to a forum that had a spam thread and well it did get out of hand from time to time.) Even though I rarely post in the Humor/Word forum, I do read it on a daily basis, sometimes twice. Because what would your day be without a daily dose of humor, and something someone said without thinking making them look dumb. It's just a win win situation for us all.

Now I ask you, do you agree with me!!?!?

Shake it like a polaroid picture How bout them humor threads! RagnaToad's Avatar
    I don't agree.

I guess it is a fine place for younger/newer members to hang out and prepare for the real deal, i.e. posting in General Chat or even ID. But I hate that it is so popular.

I remember TFF's Golden Age, when there used to be a Spam thread.

It got out of hand sometimes, but it was all in good fun.
    Crao Porr Cock8: Getting it while the getting's good

I'm one of the users who just ignore this section of the forum. I posted once or twice, because some games really are nice. (The ideas are nice - there are some nice games for a forum to be found.) But I got bored of it soon. It's basically all the same. You just post, without much thinking about it and you mostly just write a few words. That's just not what I like.

Take for example the association game: User A posts a word, user B posts another word. And then I come and I'd really like to tell WHY I'd post the next word. But I won't ever do that - because no ones interested in this. So I rather spend my time posting in other parts of the forum. Besides, there are also much more interesting things to read. Even in the FFIV forum. xP

Also, there are always the same users psting in the Humor/Word Game section. Which means: Rate a signature or rename a user or do whatever you like and most likely a user'll write whom you just rated. This is NO OFFENSE to all the users who like to post there, I can understand that it can be funny and there even are funny games. (I can even think about one at the moment, maybe I'll search for it after finishing this post.) It's just that I, personally, get bored by it.

Nevertheless, we NEED this section. Loaf's right about this: Spam brings us together. We can talk to each other without having to discuss. Spam is actually good, if you don't overdo it. ^^

9x-7i > 3(3x-7u)

Che
    Most of it is crap. I'm all for doing what you want to have fun on a forum, which is why I don't disagree that it's there in the first place. However, most of the things on there would be in a better place on a messenger system/chat room. That's not what I come to TFF for, so I don't usually go there. I've tried it out, but it never grasps my attention span.

Registered User How bout them humor threads!
    I enjoy the Humor/Word games forum a lot, so I am definately for it. I've met a lot of cool people because of it, and it helped me get over some of the shyness I had when I first became a member. I still post in the H/WG forum because there actually are some really fun games there, like FF Betrayal, Elimination threads, Picture Wars.

I don't see a problem when anything that help promotes forum activity, and that's what the H/WG forum does!

Freya has an excellent point with this:
    Originally posted by Freya
    We can talk to each other without having to discuss.
    You could argue that you can do that via PM/VM, but that's just with one person at a time. It's better out in the forums because a larger group of people can get in on the discussion.
    Click at your own risk.:
    Proud Member of:
    Por Rorr Kitty9
    "Mess with us, and the claws come out!"
    Evil BAD Guys
    "Not just evil...not just bad...EVIL BAD!"
    The above userbar was made for me by FATE!!! He is awesome.
    The above banner was made for me by VIVIMASTERMAGE!!! He is awesome as well.

Bananarama How bout them humor threads! Pete's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I'm going to provide all the proof and evidence as to why we don't need it.

Fate and Ralz

Well you see Pete, if there wasn't that section of the forums, where else would Fate and Ralz go. Would you want them being on another section?

Soup Kitchen Jerk. How bout them humor threads! Polk's Avatar
    Whenever I think of HWG, I can't help but channel the spirit of Obi-Wan Kenobi.

"[The Humor/Word Games forum]. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy."

There are so many elimination threads, that there is actually an elimination thread elimination thread. Take it I think Silver was the one who made it, and it was a total joke, but Jesus Christ, really? I think that's really the only point I need to make.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post

Fate and Ralz
    Also this. Definitely this.
    Let's go into the "archives" in "Washington D.C." and find out how people "masturbated" in the "roaring 20's."

Crao Porr Cock8. Bitch.

Bananarama How bout them humor threads! Pete's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Loaf View Post
    Well you see Pete, if there wasn't that section of the forums, where else would Fate and Ralz go. Would you want them being on another section?
    Touche. Well played, Mr. Loaf, well played indeed.

On one hand it's kind of like a holding cell for such "gifted" members, but on the other hand, it can just train people to spam because they won't know any better. If all you know is humor and word games, then what will happen when you get to the other boards?

EDIT: I WAS most active in the mod forum (which I haven't had access too in over 6 years) up until last week, but now it's gen chat.
    Last edited by Pete; 10-21-2009 at 02:17 PM.
    SOLDIER
    cHoSeN
    Crao Porr Cock8- Rebels, Rogues and Sworn Brothers

Given I have spent many years on webforums; I have to agree that sections like WG/H are needed. Yes they are a safehaven for spam but they are also benificial. Sure most of the newer members that get trapped up in WG/H but some of the ones that make it out of the fold aren't always of that "special" brand.

For example I will use myself and Unknown Entity. I know we both started around the forum and both quickly directed our attention there. I think I went as far as almost a month with out posting anywhere but there. Alot of time was spent there but we also managed to make our way out and find the main forum that we both had joined and made our contributions to the site.

There are alot of good games in there that are over shadowed by some of the same repetative crap and many users abuse certain aspects of those crap threads. There was alot of fun to be had with Silvers bacholor threads, this years member elimination, the FF word scramble, make a wish and have it corrupted and a coupe others.

I will have to leave this at this for now because my break is almost over.

So on a final note:

http://img8.imageshack.us/img8/9986/asdauc.png
    Soldier: "We suck but we're better then you"

We will fight, we will be strong
    Together we're marching on
    United, we move as one
    Our finest hour has just begun
    Philmore - Our Finest Hour

Crao Porr Cock8! Need I say more!?
    My awards:

Registered User How bout them humor threads! HUNK's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post

Fate and Ralz
    This is the most convincing peace of evidence ever. Well said Pete.

Anyway, I'm not against Humor/wordgames they are vital for keeping the urge to spam in check. Also if we didn't have H/WG the forums would erupt into some kind of spam filled terror zone...it would be like myspace. *shuders in terror*

Any way, word games are needed.
    Oh and I too am, unfortunatly, most active in the word games aswell...

Only plays for sport Unknown Entity's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Hmm. I can't say I'm against them, but that maybe it should just have a big clear out of all the old, crappy games no one plays any more. Maybe even get rid of it completely, and start over because last time I checked... it's a bit of a mess full of pointless games.

I posted in there loads when I first joined. I don't think I really posted anywhere else for a couple of days or even weeks. It's where I got to know people, and gave off the impression that I was a complete noob. ^^;;

It's a needed section for people to get to know each other in a quick and fun way. Yes, that can be done through VMs, but I'm pretty sure most of us ignore them when a new person comes along asking to be friends. I call it a warm up forum... it gets people going.

http://i38.tinypic.com/34nglrc.jpg
    I had about 3000 posts over there at the start of the year. I'm pretty sure I marked the post... if anyone cbf to look for it. xD;

"I used to be active here like you, then I took an arrow in the knee."
    >>>------------->

Suddenly... clutter.:

Me and the lovely Joey is two cheeky chimpmonks, we is. Because TFF cousins can still... do stuff. ; )

Quotes to have a giggle at.:

Quote Originally Posted by Bleachfangirl
    I'm none too scary really. Just somewhat violent...
    Quote Originally Posted by MSN Convo
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    ^^;
    brb
    Bleachie says:
    Kay
    ...*runs around with a stick*
    I AM SPARTACUS!!!
    Hm, no one's here...
    TIME TO PARTY!
    Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    back
    Bleachie says:
    DARN IT
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe
    Now that we've apparently discussed wanting to see each other sleep with a game character... how goes?

All my banners are now done by me! Soon, I will be great! Muwahahahaha... ha... eck! *coughs* ...ha!
    Biggest fan of Peanut Butter created by The Xeim and Halie Peanut Butter Corporation ^^

Warning free for over eight years. Feels good.