Thread: Palm Readers, and the scripts they see.

Palm Readers, and the scripts they see.

This thread is based on Palm Readers, and wether or not you believe they can interpret people's lives. do you believe they can find out how many marriages you will have, how many children, wether or not you'll be sucessful and die naturally?

Personally, I have no idea if what they say can be held truthful or not. My palms have many more lines than normal, and hundreds of creases to the point where my "life","sucess", "personal" lines are not one solid crease, but four or five bound together. Every palm reader I have been to, they cannot interpret my hands, and merely give my money back. If palm readers were truly BS'ers, then they'd have faked something, but no one has tried that yet.

So, what do you think?
    Proud to be in the United States Navy.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Moog
    You haven't lived until you've taken a shit so massive you quacked.

...means nothing to no way Furore's Avatar
    I think it's kind of odd how many of them seem to migrate to the area in a matter of days or weeks. I think it odd that some now display signs saying 'No Refunds' meaning if they were a fake and they did **** you over you wouldn't really be able to do shit. And I find it hilarious when people are willing to fork over more than a small fee to try it out for fun in several cases.

Don't get me wrong, there might be some truth to it, and perhaps there are true palm readers who do have some way of reading your hand specially. But I get the feeling most of them are con-artists playing the psychic card to reap the fields of the wallets of man. And the purses of women. Either way, the people who see them are responsible for their actions and if they get something from it, good for them.
    victoria aut mors

that's what i was thinking. i mean, in the hundreds of the people, there obviously would be some con-artists, but maybe a few truthful ones, as well. It makes me wonder, though. Can someone tell the future just by the creases in the palms?
    Also, how accurate is the reading? is it in the following month, year, or could it be up to the week? The day?

Blog Entries
    Personally, I don't believe in the telling of fortunes and all that malarkey and I wouldn't waste my money on something like that, even if it does sound "fun". Whether the person is a crock and simply pulling random facts out of nowhere, or if the seer actually uses occult powers, I would stay away. I've seen my fair share of the unexplainable and I know for a fact that using or contacting spirits in order to tell the future leads to bad things. Bad things that I would rather not be a part of, if anything. And if they simply fake it, thats just dumb for everyone, but if one can make a living on being fake, then more power to them I guess.

Also on another unrelated note, check my post count bitches!!
    Last edited by Rocky; 01-24-2009 at 02:07 AM.
    †SOLDIER† - "Yep still better than you"
    CPC8: It's hard out here for a pimp.™

hahas, updated July 28th (oldie but goodie!):
    Quote Originally Posted by from the CPC8
    Pete: Meier, don't even lie. I know you were going on a nice little tear before you settled down with the new gf

che: rofl <3 Meier.

Loaf: Meier is the best.

Meier: Hey Pete, I said I started to, it just didn't end the with the same number of women. Then again this one is kind of on the outs with me if she doesn't straighten up and fly right so that means I will be back in it for the thrill of the kill. Got some in the reserves. Even got a rePETEr (<---- like that ay? AYYYYY?) on the back burner.

Block: I do like the rePETEr except it kinda makes it sound like you're going to pork Pete. No homo.

(Updated April 13th 2013)Currently Playing: League of Legends, FTL, Dead Island, Borderlands 2, KotoR 2

I invented Go-Gurt. Palm Readers, and the scripts they see. Clint's Avatar
    I believe that the future can be told. Whether the information for your past and future is on your palms or not, I'm not sure. Everybody's hands look exactly the same to me. I believe in the meta-universe. If you don't understand what that means, think of it this way; every time period exists at the same time. Think of a time line, where the dates go from somewhere before the axis of 1 AD to some point in the future. By this theory, all of those time periods are entire worlds of their own. They are essentially exact to one another, so the outcome of the individual should be nearly exact. If there are people who can see into the future via the use of hands, then they're probably looking into one of those alternate universes and seeing that individual's already unfolded future. Of course, I could just be reading too much science fiction.

Registered User Palm Readers, and the scripts they see. winterborn86's Avatar
    I don't believe in fortune telling in any form, tarot card, palm reading, crystal ball etc and the simple reason is this..You make your own future. Your actions in life determine your future, no one can see into the future cos it has NOT been written yet.
    According to my palm in supposed to have 1 kid and a long life line, but im preg with my second and my life line wont be long if I decided to throw myself into fast moving traffic tomorrow.

My TFF Family

My FFVII addicted nephew: Secret weapon
    My Bullet lovin half wolf cousin: Raider
    My complete FFVII nut sister: Unkown entity
    My Freya obsessed, grammar nazi brother: Doc rocco

the way I see it...

As Winterborn said, the future isn't exact. If someone does "see" into the future, what they are looking into could be the possible future. Everything comes down to choice, though.

For instance, if, being told that someone will die by a train accident, do you think that the person will board a train afterwards? I doubt it. He/She'd avoid trains like the plague. So, the future is as unstable as the present, and is constantly affected by our choices today.

I invented Go-Gurt. Palm Readers, and the scripts they see. Clint's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruin-Tumult View Post
    the way I see it...

As Winterborn said, the future isn't exact. If someone does "see" into the future, what they are looking into could be the possible future. Everything comes down to choice, though.

For instance, if, being told that someone will die by a train accident, do you think that the person will board a train afterwards? I doubt it. He/She'd avoid trains like the plague. So, the future is as unstable as the present, and is constantly affected by our choices today.
    Dying via a train accident doesn't necessarily mean being on a train that derails. You could get hit by a derailed train. Or you could be stuck on the tracks as a train goes by you (or in that case, through you.)

That's interesting, the "one possible future" theory. Essentially, having somebody tell your future should be a time paradox, unless, of course, if you were supposed to have your future told, which would therefore increase your chances of the predicted event from happening, because you would be more determined to reach that event.

Usually, when somebody is told their future, they're told about good things about their future, such as having kids, finding love, and other things along those lines, and very little bad things. It gives people hope to know that they aren't going to die tomorrow, or even five years from now, because the mere thought of death scares the piss out of people. The person, now with a new sense of hope, pushes his or her self to reach that ultimate goal that the fortune teller had told him or her. Fortune telling might be as simple as giving people some hope. Despite whether they're telling people the exact future doesn't necessarily matter, because all people need to do is believe that their future will be a good one, and that will make them happy.

I suggest that everyone go to a palm reader at some point in their lives. We all know how ridiculous it is going into the event, but you buy into it while it is happening. These people are much better actors and actresses than anything you will see in a movie or on television.