Thread: Do you feel the need to compensate for your flaws, that of which you can't change?

Question Do you feel the need to compensate for your flaws, that of which you can't change?

Do you feel the need to compensate for your flaws, that of which you can't change?

(ღ˘⌣˘ღ) Do you feel the need to compensate for your flaws, that of which you can't change? che's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Re: Do you feel the need to compensate for your flaws, that of which you can't change?

Flaws are a weakness, but every human has them. I'm assuming you're talking about your morals and stuff, and not your physical appearance. If you can eliminate your weaknesses you might be a better person.

I think one can try to lessen those weaknesses, or even overcome them, but nobody can ever be "perfect" in that sense. And the fact that you are trying to overcome those flaws means you are a better person already.

I stream Bloodborne, FFXIV, and occasionally other games.
    http://www.twitch.tv/justwipeitguys

Shake it like a polaroid picture Do you feel the need to compensate for your flaws, that of which you can't change? RagnaToad's Avatar

Re: Do you feel the need to compensate for your flaws, that of which you can't change?

People are never 'finished' or, like Chad pointed out, 'perfect'.

Every human being is a work in progress.

When I was a kid I thought I would be 'done' changing when I reached the age of 18 or 20 or so. Of course that is not true at all.

It may seem like some people have no self knowledge and think they don't have any flaws, but I think they are just being douches and just don't show the world they are uncertain about some things themselves.

EDIT: Actually I don't really understand what you mean by compensating stuff you cannot change. If you cannot change it, how do you compensate it? Can you give an example? Are you talking about physical characteristics that people tend to compensate through behaviour, like short people might compensate with tough behaviour?
    Last edited by RagnaToad; 05-25-2010 at 03:38 PM.
    Crao Porr Cock8: Getting it while the getting's good

I will keep this here so that palette can properly respond to Rangas question and edit it the clarification to the OP so that I don't have to issue another warning for posting one liners in the ID forum.

If there is not a proper responce in umm 3 days I will be moving this thread to GC and issuing the above mentioned warning.
    Soldier: "We suck but we're better then you"

We will fight, we will be strong
    Together we're marching on
    United, we move as one
    Our finest hour has just begun
    Philmore - Our Finest Hour

Crao Porr Cock8! Need I say more!?
    My awards:

Registered User Do you feel the need to compensate for your flaws, that of which you can't change? kupo's Avatar

everyone has flaws because its imposable to achieve perfection as humans. i like to think of our flaws as a traditional, darkroom processed photograph (so no including all that spiffy digital stuff). unlike digital, you can't instantly see what the photo you just took will look like..it has to be processed. after the film is processed, its likely that some of the photos will be slightly overdeveloped, or underdeveloped, or possibly even picked up some dust during the process. but its these slight imperfections that can make the photograph beautiful in their own way.
    back to the question....
    its healthy to know what your flaws are, because then you can go about your own way of dealing with them as you see appropriate. if your flaw can be harmful to others around you, then it may be something that one needs to look into for ways to compensate for it. if your flaw isn't harmful to others around you, then i say embrace it because its who you are and its not something to be ashamed of. this is all in general...there are always exceptions.

"With each passing day, the world finds new and exciting ways to kill a man." - Balthier

CURRENTLY PLAYING
    final fantasy xiii-2
    skyrim
    pokemon fire red

...means nothing to no way Furore's Avatar

Perfection through imperfection.
    If a person was 'perfect' would they still even seem human?
    One thing I have learnt in my life thus far is that sometimes our greatest flaws can also be strengths and sometimes our greatest strengths can be flaws, having positive and negative implications for us in different situations.

The key to giving yourself an advantage is to work with your flaws and try to see a use for them if possible.
    victoria aut mors

Bananarama Do you feel the need to compensate for your flaws, that of which you can't change? Pete's Avatar
    Blog Entries

It really depends on the flaw. People's psyches can lead them to do all sorts of ridiculous things. I may think I have some kind of a flaw that nobody else sees, or would even consider to be a flaw.

For example, I'm not the best defensive catcher in baseball. Sometimes my throws to second base are absolutely terrible. However, I try to make up for that by being as aggressive as possible on the bases. If I can stretch a single into a double, or a double into a triple, I will. I KNOW I do this because if I make an error in the previous inning, I feel like it's a huge glaring mistake, and I don't want people to really think about the errors when they think of me playing. I'd rather have them see me as the guy who always busts ass, takes guys out sliding, and gets that extra base.

I feel like I couldn't really point out other situations in other people from a personality standpoint, because even if we say we know someone, we never know them as well as they do.

I think it's a good thing to know your own flaws and to know what makes yourself tick. How you go about addressing them is really the business of each individual. Some people will admit they have a flaw, other people try to draw attention away from their flaws with other things, and other just don't care.
    SOLDIER
    cHoSeN
    Crao Porr Cock8- Rebels, Rogues and Sworn Brothers