Thread: College

Question College

More specifivally: DeVry Technical Institute.

I am a junior in high school and am looking for colleges/ universities centered on computer technologies. I was wondering if there are anyone on the board that have attended/ are atteneding DeVry or a similar college and if they can tell me anything about it.

I am surprised the stormtroopers didn't get this.

Where do you live? DeVry has accreditation issues in some parts of the United States. Accreditation basically has to do with if you ever wanted to transfer. Regional accreditation is what you want. National accreditation sounds better, but most colleges don't accept them.

I personally don't like for-profit colleges, but DeVry has a good track record. Try and do your own research, ask a guidance counselor, or visit a campus.

Blog Entries
    I have a friend who went/is going to DeVry. I don't know if he's still going or not right this moment, though. It does have a better track record than the college I went to. -_-;

Stupid Westwood. I'm thinking I probably should have went to DeVry instead of Westwood if I was going to go to one of those.

DeVry is one of the few that have a good record. So yeah. I'd do what James suggested and do a bit if your own research to see if it's right for you. We can tell you all you want, but in the end it's your decision.

I find it easier if it came from someone who is going or went to the college. They have some more personal experience. But thanks anyway!

Warlord of Your Mom College ultima_trev's Avatar
    I graduated from ITT Technical Institute, which is quite a bit like DeVry. Anyhow, specialized schools tend to be nationally accredited, but that credit won't count for shit in some areas...

Anyhow, for the Associates program, I went through Computer Networking Systems.

For the Bachelors program, Information Systems Security.

Simple evaluation: Associates program was quite indepth, Bachelor's program sucked for the most part, and the career services people were pretty sluggish in getting me a job (I had to go elsewhere for assistance), and the finance people lied about my repayment for student loans (i.e. I had to pay much more than the figures they showed me).

Undisputed masters of all creation since 2004.11.11.