Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Anime Fanatics Club v2

Go with me, Exkaizer~ Anime Fanatics Club v2 Treize's Avatar

Anime Fanatics Club v2

Anime/Manga Fanatics Club

What is this club?

This club is for all the members of TFF who like anime and manga. We will welcome members who have just started watching anime/reading manga and veterans alike.

How can one join the club?

Answer the questions below, and we will accept you.

1. How long have you been watching anime?
    2. What is your favorite anime?
    3. How long have you been reading manga?
    4. What is your favorite manga?
    5. Do you own any anime or manga?
    6. Is there anything else you would like to tell us about yourself that relates to anime or manga? (Examples: What was your first anime/manga? Have you ever cosplayed? etc.)

Rules:

• Follow the general forum rules.
    • Please do not post in this thread if you are not a member or are not joining.
    • Please try to be somewhat active. If a member becomes too inactive, he/she may be removed from the club and have to rejoin.
    • Please do not troll discussions. If you have a particular anime or manga that you wish to discuss, you can bring it up, but do not just post random things that do not relate to the topic(s) at hand.

Club Activities:

We will try to have various activities for this club periodically. Activities can range from discussions, to trivia, to competitions involving anime. (Drawing contests, Banner Contests, etc.)

If you have any suggestions for an activity, either post it in the thread, or PM/VM one of the club leaders. We are always up for more suggestions on things to do.

Club Members:

Members will start off as Followers, but they can become Fanatics by showing their knowledge of anime and by being active and involved in the club.

Club Leaders:
    Club Leaders:
    Treize
    yuki

Fanatatics:
    Fanatics:
    Freya

Followers:
    Followers:
    Josh_R
    RhapsoBlarg
    Xanatos
    Mistress Victoria
    Athna Loveil
    sephirothsbigfan
    Andromeda
    CloudTide

Current Activities:
    Currently discussing our hopes for the Spring season anime.

We are going to start our first major discussion topic in the beginning of April. If someone wants to talk about something in March still, bring it up, and we can discuss it.

Character Guessing Competition:
    OVER. Freya won. Congratulations!
    Last edited by Treize; 05-16-2010 at 05:36 PM.
    TFF Family:
    stardragon -- Nick -- Fishie -- Silver -- Omega Weapon -- Tiger Lily -- Athna Loveil -- Phantom -- ekimeinna -- Novacrash -- FFGuru89 -- Kaos_Dragon -- ziroth

-PM me if you would like to join.

Death Before Dishonor Anime Fanatics Club v2 Josh_R's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Re: Anime Fanatics Club v2

How long have you been watching anime?
    I am not exactly sure about this one. I want to say five or six years.

What is your favorite anime?
    My favorite anime is Gundam Wing.

How long have you been reading manga?
    I haven't been reading manga for very long.

What is your favorite manga?
    My favorite manga was the blackcat manga. I enjoyed reading the manga more than actually watching the anime.

Do you own any anime or manga?
    I own season one and two of FMA. I own the collectors addition Gundam Wing, and Gundam SeeD, and Gundam SeeD Destiny. I have a couple of the older Naruto movies. I recently purchased Orphen season one, and two.

Is there anything else you would like to tell us about yourself that relates to anime or manga?
    The first manga that I ever read was the Hellsing series. This got me into the anime which is fantastic. The first anime I ever watched was Dragon Ball Z. Back in the days when Toonami ruled the television. I have never cosplayed, but I do plan to in the near future..

Sitting here waiting for Rocky, and Che to notice me!!

Memento Rhapso Anime Fanatics Club v2 Rhaps's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Oh sorry Trieze, tried to p.m. you cos I misread the part about not posting if you're not a member
    How long watching? 6-7 years
    Favourite anime? Yuyu Hakasho, Fullmetal Alchemist
    How long reading? 4-5 years
    Favourite manga? F.M.A., Orphen
    Ownage? F.M.A. vol. 2, 4, and 7. Orphen vol.1-3
    Etc. Started out when I was little, watching Yuyu Hakasho and Ruroni Kenshin as my first animes

CPC8- 'fo bros, 'fo life, 'fo shizzle

SPOILER!!:
    I won something :3

Also member of something that won another thing

Don't click this.

First, let me say welcome to the Anime Fanatics Club v2! Since Yesha left, yuki and I thought it would be best for the club to start it back up in a new thread. I've talked to Andromeda, and he should be closing the old thread sometime soon. I'm sorry that I haven't really been keeping anyone updated, and pretty much stopped posting in the old thread, but I'm hoping that the club is more successful in this new thread.

Also, I'm going to ask all of the members who were part of the old club to rejoin. I've put up some different questions, and I would like to know the answers from everyone, and there seemed to be some members who really didn't participate in the old club, so this should get more of the "dedicated" members who have the initiative to rejoin.

I'll post all of my answers too:

I've pretty much been watching anime since it started being aired on toonami like I'm sure a lot of people had started. Then a couple years I started to really watch a lot of anime, and now I probably watch too much. =P

Probably Shakugan no Shana, but there are a lot of anime that I really like. Some of them include: Code Geass, Full Metal Panic, Nodame Cantabile, and others.

Probably only three or four years. I don't really read that much manga especially compared to how much anime I watch, but I've read my fair share. Unfortunately I usually read the more obscure manga more than the "mainstream" manga.

Probably Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE, but there are some others that I really like. Most CLAMP manga tend to be pretty good.

I do own some anime, but I don't own any manga. Some of the anime I own are Full Metal Panic, Kannazuki no Miko, and Fruits Basket. I also bought some Naruto anime on a splurge one day. (Bad idea. lol) I don't own any manga because I usually just get manga from the library near where I live or read it online.

Is there anything else you would like to tell us about yourself that relates to anime or manga? (Examples: What was your first anime/manga? Have you ever cosplayed? etc.)
    I haven't cosplayed. My first anime were what were aired on toonami on Cartoon Network. My first manga was probably a pokemon manga, but what really got me into manga was Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE.

EDIT: People are really fast. I wanted two posts in a row because they were kind of related, but oh well.

You two are both accepted also.
    Last edited by Treize; 03-22-2010 at 09:43 PM.
    TFF Family:
    stardragon -- Nick -- Fishie -- Silver -- Omega Weapon -- Tiger Lily -- Athna Loveil -- Phantom -- ekimeinna -- Novacrash -- FFGuru89 -- Kaos_Dragon -- ziroth

Blog Entries

So are we going to dive straight into an activity or wait for other followers?
    I think a trivia session would be fun, no?

SPOILER!!:

Don't click this.

I would explode to save your life~ Anime Fanatics Club v2 SeaAlchemist's Avatar

5-6 years
    Full Metal Alchemist and Code Geass
    1 year
    Digimon V Tamer
    Um...nope
    Is there anything else you would like to tell us about yourself that relates to anime or manga? (Examples: What was your first anime/manga? Have you ever cosplayed? etc.)
    My first anime was Pokemon
    Last edited by SeaAlchemist; 03-21-2010 at 03:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RhapsoBlarg View Post
    So are we going to dive straight into an activity or wait for other followers?
    I think a trivia session would be fun, no?
    yuki and I are still deliberating on the activity. That is probably the biggest reason why I said we would announce it after some members joined. We have several ideas, and we were just going to decide between them today or tomorrow, whenever he PMs me back.

Right now, I think the activity is going to be a drawing contest (maybe for some sort of mascot for the club), a banner contest to advertise the club around the forum, a trivia contest, or I was thinking about making an image of different characters from different anime and whoever could name the most characters and which anime they are from would win. If it was the drawing or banner making contest, the winner's drawing/banner would be used as the "prize," but if it was the trivia or character guessing contest, the winner would most likely be promoted to a Fanatic as the prize.

If any or you members have an opinion about the contest, post it here or PM me today or tomorrow because we will try to decide what it is pretty quickly.

Terra Branford, you're accepted.
    Last edited by Treize; 03-21-2010 at 03:22 PM.
    TFF Family:

attempting to bribe the Mayor of Lambeth Anime Fanatics Club v2 Xanatos's Avatar

Don't know for sure but somewhere around 13-14 years, one thing I'm sure of is that I didn't even started the elementary and I've already watched anime with my older brother.

FullMetal Alchemist, GunGrave is close second.

Not too long, 4-5 years I think. I started with Golden Boy, can't say that I've read many through the years.

Definitely Naruto, pretty long manga that still hasn't lost it's charm and momentum.

One of my hobbies is collecting anime series, so far I have over 100 anime series in my collection.

6. Is there anything else you would like to tell us about yourself that relates to anime or manga? (Examples: What was your first anime/manga? Have you ever cosplayed? etc.)

My first anime was Captain Tsubasa, it was a perfect introduction to anime world for me since I was just a little brat when I started to watch it and it had a rather simple story, I also appreciated much more since I laways loved football.

My first manga is Golden Boy, after watching the anime which to my disappointment had only six episode I started to read manga who seem had a more to offer, unfortunately unlike anime the manga was pure disappointment.

Sig and Avy made by Unknown Entity

Yay, I'd love to join the club once again. ;3

Hm, I think about 7 years now. Oo

Death Note, Pandora Hearts, Mai HiME ^^
    I love those three. <3

About 6 years, I think. I first started watching anime and then I realized that there were manga. ^^"

Pet Shop of Horrors
    Definitely the best one I've read so far, though the manga of Death Note und Pandora Hearts are always great. And of course Angel Sanctuary, but I've never finished it. ^^"

I have quite a few (about 100) manga and some DVDs of anime. But.. it's not that much. ^^" I know people who own a LOT more than I do. ^^"

My first anime was Attack No. 1 ^^ I watched it quite often but never knew it was an anime. I think when I watched Pokemon I finally realized that those were no normal cartoons, but anime. ^^"
    My first manga was Dragon Ball volume... 20 or so.~ I don't know why I bought it... Doesn't make any sense to me now, but I wanted to have it. xD"

I have cosplayed a few times. Actually, the last time I cosplayed was... erm, 2 days ago. XD Characters I have cosplayed so far: Raimei (Nabari no Ou), Priecia (Prism Ark) and Rikku (FFX). ^^ I love cosplay <3 <3

Some additional information:
    I'm currently watching Durarara!!, Axis Powers Hetalia, Ookami Kakushi, Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu, Letter Bee, Kobato. ^^ And I must admit I'm pretty happy that most of them end soon. ^^""""

The best anime in this season is Durarara!! in my opinion. Especially because of the 11th episode which I watched today. XD~ If you've seen Baccano! you'll LOVE Durarara!! ^^~

Edit: Btw. MAL says I've watched about 130 animes so far O.o

That's all xP
    Last edited by Freya; 03-22-2010 at 12:00 PM.

9x-7i > 3(3x-7u)

Quote Originally Posted by Freya View Post
    I'm currently watching Durarara!!, Axis Powers Hetalia, Ookami Kakushi, Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu, Letter Bee, Kobato. ^^ And I must admit I'm pretty happy that most of them end soon. ^^""""
    I agree. I'm looking forward to the new anime this Spring. I thought Winter was going to be really good, but I was let down. I was waiting for something to happen in a lot of the anime that you mentioned, but nothing really has... It would be good if they at least end on a good note, though.

The best anime in this season is Durarara!! in my opinion. Especially because of the 11th episode which I watched today. XD~ If you've seen Baccano! you'll LOVE Durarara!! ^^~
    I'm only at episode 9 right now, so I think I'm just not far enough to appreciate it. Right now Baccano! seems so much better, but Durararararara (yeah I think there are too many ra's ^^') has a lot of potential, so I hope it turns out good in the end.

Edit: Btw. MAL says I've watched about 130 animes so far O.O
    MAL says that I'm watching about 150, so I better start getting at those anime that I haven't finished yet.

It also says that I've completed about 300. That seems like too many, but I guess it could be true.

Freya and Xanatos, you are both accepted.

Also, did no one have any opinions on the activity? I'm hoping that yuki PMs me today or tomorrow, so that we can start the activity tomorrow. I hope that some members are interested at least...
    TFF Family:

Lady Succubus Anime Fanatics Club v2 Victoria's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Hey Treize, what happened to your avatar? =O
    Also, -posts in v2-

MAL Stats:
    Watched: TV: 223, OVA: 57, Movies: 75, Spcl.: 18, Eps: 7,802
    Watching: TV: 39, OVA: 3, Movies: 0, Spcl.: 1, Eps: 1,197

Username there is MistressVictoria if you're curious.

And I'm currently watching Detective Conan at 162. I have about 400+ to go. xD;

Quote Originally Posted by Mistress Victoria View Post
    Hey Treize, what happened to your avatar? =O
    Yeah, I was getting a little sick of my old avatar, and a new one is in the process. I'm having trouble finding the right image to use, so I'm using this as a temporary thing. It's going to be anime related too, so I guess it relates to the anime club.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistress Victoria View Post
    And I'm currently watching Detective Conan at 162. I have about 400+ to go. xD;
    I'm still at 76, so I still have a little less than 500 to catch up. I started watching some subs a little while ago, and there is only so long you can marathon Detective Conan. I'm starting to wonder if anyone is really up to date with Detective Conan without skipping a lot of episodes. <_< Good luck trying to catch up. =P

I'm going to add you to the club since you are the moderator of the anime forum and have watched a lot of anime, but I think it would be pretty interesting to here your responses to some of the questions.
    TFF Family:

Blog Entries

Just look back in version 1, then. I joined back then. >_>
    And if I never answered them, I will in an edit to this post.

Also, as far as I looked in a 'catalog' persay, (namely labs.animecrazy.net/detective-conan-episode-list/ )

And looking up the episodes in a translation PDF, only about 4 of the RAW episodes left are manga based. Or was it 1... I forget. But most of the RAWS left are anime only. Which aren't that bad, and I love Detective Conan and trying to solve the cases.

I'm sure people probably only read the manga, or only watch the manga based episodes.
    Last edited by Victoria; 03-22-2010 at 06:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Treize
    I've put up some different questions, and I would like to know the answers from everyone
    I changed some of the questions... <_<

I guess you don't have to answer, but I thought they were pretty basic questions that would let other members know about your tastes in anime.

Anyway, I didn't know that there were so few episodes left unsubbed. I thought that there were more. Maybe I should start to watch more episodes then. One reason why I slowed down was because I thought that there was an unsubbed point in the series coming up, but I guess not.

Also, did you hear that there was going to be some sort of Magic Kaito anime going to air this Spring? I only saw the first episode that he appeared in in Detective Conan, but he is my favorite character of the show so far. I'm hoping that it turns out to be good. I don't think that it is going to be very long either.
    TFF Family:

Blog Entries

Ah! I'll answer the questions, then. And as far as a Kaitou Kid anime going on, that's awesome! He's one of my favorites, aside from Shinichi and Sherry/Haibara. XD

Edit: Mind telling me the ones you changed/added? To me they seem like they're the same questions as last time.

Question one and two are repeats and I changed question five to include collecting anime. That would make questions three, four, and six (cosplay, first anime/manga, etc.) new.

Actually, I think that I will start a topic before April. Are there any anime that you are looking forward to this Spring?

The ones that I'm looking forward to are Angel Beats!, Kaichou wa Maid-sama, Ookiku Furikabutte: Natsu no Taikai-hen, Arakawa under the Bridge, and Magic Kaito. I will probably watch some others too, but those are the ones that I'm most looking forward to.

Maybe I should ask this first: How many people here actually watch anime while it is airing in Japan?
    TFF Family:

Blog Entries

I'm not up to anything current, Treize, so I don't even know what any of those shows are except for Ookiku Furikabutte. I saw the first season of that.

Other than that, the others are a loss to me. I haven't seen the 'spring 2010' anime poster for airing shows yet. I forget where to look for it, haha.

So the Manga questions are new. I'll answer those later, then.

Quote Originally Posted by Treize View Post
    I was waiting for something to happen in a lot of the anime that you mentioned, but nothing really has... It would be good if they at least end on a good note, though.
    Hah, I know exactly what you mean ._." I'll be so happy when Kobato and Letter Bee finally end. And I was quite disappointed when I finished Sora no Woto today... One of the worst anime I've ever seen :/
    Oh and I really wonder when Hetalia's gonna end... I don't want to drop any more anime, so I continue watching it. But it just won't end (and it won't get any better either x..x")

Right now Baccano! seems so much better, but Durararararara (yeah I think there are too many ra's ^^') has a lot of potential, so I hope it turns out good in the end.
    Maybe it's because you watched Baccano! before watching Durarara!!. I've only finished Baccano! a few weeks ago. ^^" So Durarara!! sort of came first for me. I didn't like Baccano! as much as I like Durarara!! ^^

MAL says that I'm watching about 150, so I better start getting at those anime that I haven't finished yet.
    MAL says I'm watching only 15 anime - and I think that's way too much ^^"

Also, did no one have any opinions on the activity? I'm hoping that yuki PMs me today or tomorrow, so that we can start the activity tomorrow. I hope that some members are interested at least...
    Depends on the activity. Please, please, please, don't make a drawing competition again ._." I can't draw and wouldn't participate, though I'd really like to participate in some activities.. .-.

Quote Originally Posted by Treize
    Maybe I should ask this first: How many people here actually watch anime while it is airing in Japan?
    *raises her hand*
    I do. :3
    (And I'm also looking forward to the animation of Kaito KID <3 He was my favorite character in Detective Conan ^^)

9x-7i > 3(3x-7u)

Whistling Songbird Anime Fanatics Club v2 Asectic's Avatar

I'd like to join please!
    Application Form:

- For as long as I can remember

- [Forever] Mobile Suit Gundam Seed and its second season Destiny

- Ever since middle school

- Right now is Dr. Gray Man and Nononono

- I own a copy of Disgea 2: Cursed memories, the first volume and Tsubasa: Those with wings [I plan to get the other 2]

- I like to draw anime from time to time [i'm improving from my last bad drawing at the contest b4]
    My list of favorites are Bleach, Dr. Gray man, Gundam Seed, Nononono, Elfien Lied, Rave, Code Geass, and Fairy Tail
    Well, I dont know what else to say. All I know is that I just love animation shows a lot :]
    Last edited by Asectic; 03-23-2010 at 11:52 AM.

"Because I obviously haven't been on here for a while"
    - Said no one ever, 02/2020

>>>:

Oh hey there, thanks for opening! Here is a little section filled with my goodies here and there.

TIMELINE - Before 2019:

The Awesome Peeps (TFF Family):

Moogable
    Bleachfangirl
    Ekimeinna
    Treize
    Rocky
    Tiger Lily
    Unknown Entity
    FF Ace Cid-Silver
    Raider
    Secret Weapon

TIMELINE - 2020 and Onwards:

Music of the Week:
    Ginzen no Kaze (English Cover) - Jayn

Links:
    My DeviantArt Account

"It was nice meeting you!"
    - Said a second nobody ever~

Death Before Dishonor Anime Fanatics Club v2 Josh_R's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I did this for a while, but I grew tired of having to read the entire time. I did it with Naruto Shippuden til I heard that it was coming to Disney XD. Now I just watch it on there.

As for anime coming out this spring, I have no clue. I usually watch older anime's that have already been released in US. To avoid any unneccessary reading.

Sitting here waiting for Rocky, and Che to notice me!!

Blog Entries

I try to keep up with FMA Brotherhood (how mainstream TT.TT) but sometimes I get behind.
    Unfortunately, because the manga is in the works and the show must continue, they're scheduled for filler soon.

SPOILER!!:

Don't click this.

attempting to bribe the Mayor of Lambeth Anime Fanatics Club v2 Xanatos's Avatar

Depends on the activity. Please, please, please, don't make a drawing competition again ._." I can't draw and wouldn't participate, though I'd really like to participate in some activities.. .-.
    I actually agree with Freya, we already had a drawing competition and not many people participated, you should try something else Treize, maybe a banner making contest. I don't know shit about banner making but I think I can fix something in paint.

I used to but right now I watch anime only if I have it on a DvD no matter if it's airing in Japan or not. As for the upcoming anime, I've heard of Angel Beats, not that I'm looking foward to it since I don't know anything concrete about it nor did I bother to check.

Sig and Avy made by Unknown Entity

Sephiroth's Girl Anime Fanatics Club v2 sephirothsbigfan's Avatar

may i join?
    i've been watching anime since i was 7 about 14 years when august comes this year
    favorites? too many can't decide
    i've been reading manga about the same time as when i started watching anime i would read the shonen jump magazines at walmart whenever i could
    favorite manga? like anime too many favorites can't decide
    do i own any? yes i own 3 shonen jump magazines, naruto vol 1-3, rosario + vampire vol 1-3, rebirth the three volumes in one edition, kingdom hearts vol 1-2, ruroni kenshin vol 1, fma vol 1, and death note vol 1-2
    i am going to be an anime animationist im going to do everything they do manga, tv series, games, clothes, etc
    i am also collecting anime game cards, posters, games, and dvds

I am Sephiroth's girl! We will rule over you! Challenge this couple if you dare!

Quote Originally Posted by sephirothsbigfan View Post
    may i join?
    i've been watching anime since i was 7 about 14 years when august comes this year
    favorites? too many can't decide
    i've been reading manga about the same time as when i started watching anime i would read the shonen jump magazines at walmart whenever i could
    favorite manga? like anime too many favorites can't decide
    do i own any? yes i own 3 shonen jump magazines, naruto vol 1-3, rosario + vampire vol 1-3, rebirth the three volumes in one edition, kingdom hearts vol 1-2, ruroni kenshin vol 1, fma vol 1, and death note vol 1-2
    i am going to be an anime animationist im going to do everything they do manga, tv series, games, clothes, etc
    i am also collecting anime game cards, posters, games, and dvds
    You're accepted.

Now I have some good news, I hope. yuki hasn't PMed me back, so I thought I would just start the contest anyway. I decided to go with the character guessing contest! Some people were against the drawing contest, and I really didn't feel like making a banner or trivia questions, so this is what the contest became.

Here are the rules; please read them carefully:

There are 60 characters in total. I have tried to pick anime that are not very recent. The newest ones are from 2008. I believe that almost every character appears in something that was licensed in the United States, so there really shouldn't be any complaints from people who only watch/buy something that is licensed. There are a few characters that are not, but I believe that they are popular enough, so that if you are a true anime fan, you should know who they are anyway. I lied. There are a number of characters in here that are from "new" anime, but just try your best, and good luck.

The rules are simple. Just tell me the name of the character and what anime the character is from. I only picked main characters, so I'm hoping that it isn't that hard. There are 120 points total, but I'm also willing to award bonus points. You can earn a bonus point by telling me the name of another anime that the character appears in. There are at least 10 bonus points that you could earn, so don't forget this. Sequels do not count for this. They have to be entirely separate anime.

Finally, please don't try to cheat. It would be acceptable to look up how to spell a character's name or something, but it wouldn't really be right to try to look up all of these characters. It would probably be pretty hard with just a picture anyway, so don't waste both our time by cheating.

Without further ado here is the image: http://i40.tinypic.com/n1wcn9.png

I can name each anime that these characters come from and almost all of their names from memory, so I'm hoping to see some good results.

Please, PM me your answers!

Contest ends at 12:00 AM CST on April 8th.

If people want, I could post the number of bonus points you can get for each character. If three people ask, I will do it, otherwise I won't waste my time.

I'm sorry if you don't like the image. I was going to make it all fancy, but then I became lazy and realized that it would take a long time. I wanted to get this rolling, so I thought I would just make it pretty basic.

EDIT: Also I forgot, but the winner will be put into the Fanatic category. "Fanatics" will have a higher status than the regular members. When we vote on topics, which we will, their votes will be weighted higher, and they may have other privileges that I have not decided yet.
    Last edited by Treize; 03-25-2010 at 03:58 PM.
    TFF Family:

I already sent my results. ^^ (Too afraid I could forget to send them XD"")

One question, Treize: You say there are 120 points in total.
    Does that mean that you get a point for guessing the right anime and one point for guessing the right character?
    Which means: If I only know the anime, I still get one point?
    And I hope I'll get some bonus points >//<

Oh and that was a great idea. <3
    *gives you a cookie*

9x-7i > 3(3x-7u)

One question, Treize: You say there are 120 points in total. Does that mean that you get a point for guessing the right anime and one point for guessing the right character?
    Which means: If I only know the anime, I still get one point?
    And I hope I'll get some bonus points >//<
    Yeah, if I didn't make it clear, you get one point for guessing the character correctly and one point for guessing the anime correctly.

You're also the only one to get any bonus points so far.

I was thinking that this wouldn't be too hard for people, but I guess it is. No one is getting the ones that I thought would be really easy either. Also I find it really funny that people are getting one character from an anime, but they can't name the other characters from the same anime. I only picked main characters, so if you watched the anime, you should know all the characters from said anime that appear here.

Also, we are going to start our first discussion pretty soon. yuki and I decided that there would be a theme for each month that we discuss. The theme will pretty much be anime genres, and then each week we will discuss a different anime from that genre. I will PM everybody the options tomorrow for the discussion, and then I would like everyone to PM me back their vote for what we will discuss. We will then start the discussion next Monday.

I hope everyone likes this idea, but if anyone thinks that he/she has a better idea, let me know. We can always change this if we get some ideas and input.
    TFF Family:

Dragoon Anime Fanatics Club v2 TigermusiQ's Avatar
    Devon, UK (Inside a Zone-eater as it's very roomy and rent-free)

Heeey! May I join?

About 9-10 years on Toonami I got into it from Tenchi Muyo! and Dragon Ball Z.

Haha, nice try. Even I don't know...

About a year or so.

Death Note (Also the novel is awesome by NISIOISIN or Nisio Isin)

Death Note series, a few Battle Vixens, a few Battle Club, a few Bleach and a few Disgaea. (Manga)
    Bleach up to series 3, Disgaea (it's crap), Pokemon first season, Naruto up to series 7 (I think), Rune Soldier first (and only, I think) series, Eureka Seven (All), Full Metal Alchemist (All inc. film) and a few others I think. Also a fair few films inc. most studio Ghibli.

Never cosplayed but really want to (either Balthier or Inuart from Drakengard)
    I like to draw some anime, Im not great as I can't do depth. I mostly just draw swords.
    Last edited by TigermusiQ; 03-28-2010 at 01:01 PM. Reason: Anime added
    ------

I call out these prayers to the sky, heavy with thought, see your face.
    I carry these memories inside, thoughts of a soul colored by love.
    See me grow wings and fly high, passions will die down below.
    I burn in a basin of fire, watchers look on as they dance in their merciless sky.
    Watching me, watching you.

Quote Originally Posted by TigermusiQ View Post
    Heeey! May I join?

About 9-10 years on Toonami I got into it from Tenchi Muyo! and Dragon Ball Z.

Haha, nice try. Even I don't know...

About a year or so.

Death Note (Also the novel is awesome by NISIOISIN or Nisio Isin)

Death Note series, a few Battle Vixens, a few Battle Club, a few Bleach and a few Disgaea. (Manga)
    Bleach up to series 3, Disgaea (it's crap), Pokemon first season, Naruto up to series 7 (I think), Rune Soldier first (and only, I think) series, Eureka Seven (All), Full Metal Alchemist (All inc. film) and a few others I think. Also a fair few films inc. most studio Ghibli.

Never cosplayed but really want to (either Balthier or Inuart from Drakengard)
    I like to draw some anime, Im not great as I can't do depth. I mostly just draw swords.
    Yeah, you can join. Welcome to the club. Feel free to participate in the current contest, or just wait until we get the first discussion going.

Also, if anyone is afraid to participate in the contest because you can't name that many characters, don't be. Nobody has done that well yet, so you might do better in comparison than you might think.
    TFF Family:

Dragoon Anime Fanatics Club v2 TigermusiQ's Avatar
    Devon, UK (Inside a Zone-eater as it's very roomy and rent-free)

Yeah, you can join. Welcome to the club. Feel free to participate in the current contest, or just wait until we get the first discussion going.

Also, if anyone is afraid to participate in the contest because you can't name that many characters, don't be. Nobody has done that well yet, so you might do better in comparison than you might think.
    Where or rather what is the competion?
    ------

I call out these prayers to the sky, heavy with thought, see your face.
    I carry these memories inside, thoughts of a soul colored by love.
    See me grow wings and fly high, passions will die down below.
    I burn in a basin of fire, watchers look on as they dance in their merciless sky.
    Watching me, watching you.

Here are the rules; please read them carefully:

There are 60 characters in total...

The rules are simple. Just tell me the name of the character and what anime the character is from. I only picked main characters, so I'm hoping that it isn't that hard. There are 120 points total, but I'm also willing to award bonus points. You can earn a bonus point by telling me the name of another anime that the character appears in. There are at least 10 bonus points that you could earn, so don't forget this. Sequels do not count for this. They have to be entirely separate anime.

Without further ado here is the image: http://i40.tinypic.com/n1wcn9.png

Please, PM me your answers!

Contest ends at 12:00 AM CST on April 8th.
    The rules are three posts up from your first post. It wasn't that hard to find. =P

Good luck, if you decide to participate.

Also, as of right now, Freya is in the lead.
    TFF Family:

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast