Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Anime Fanatics Club v2

Learner Anime Fanatics Club v2 CloudTide's Avatar

Re: Anime Fanatics Club v2

ok
    sice nobody has really WATCHED E. Gelade lets just talk about sumthing that we didnt finish a while ago
    BUSO RENKIN
    i just finished watching ep. 14
    its so cool how Kazuki transformed into that third type with the black kakugane just like Victor
    but i was watching it on MegaVideo and i passed that stupid 70 minute limit
    so i have to wait 52 minutes until i can watch the next episode
    ~ Victus per Veneratio ~

The Quiet One Anime Fanatics Club v2 Andromeda's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I haven't seen any of Buso Renkin. I only know about it because I see the box sets of it in the stores. That is the extent of my knowledge of that show. Has it appeared on TV any? I know that WB will pick up a random anime at times.
    Curious? There's no limits but your own imagination.
    Don't know how to roleplay, but want to learn? Visit Here!

2007 and 2009 Best Writer of TFF and 2009 Most Creative Co-Winner

Go with me, Exkaizer~ Anime Fanatics Club v2 Treize's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wiki
    On April 27, 2009, the series made its North American television debut on the FUNimation Channel.
    I don't get the FUNimation Channel.

I haven't seen this anime either. It looked kind of generic, and I didn't really like the character designs, so I skipped it.

CloudTide, how do you think the story is shaping up? I heard that it was pretty unoriginal or cliche...
    TFF Family:
    stardragon -- Nick -- Fishie -- Silver -- Omega Weapon -- Tiger Lily -- Athna Loveil -- Phantom -- ekimeinna -- Novacrash -- FFGuru89 -- Kaos_Dragon -- ziroth

-PM me if you would like to join.

attempting to bribe the Mayor of Lambeth Anime Fanatics Club v2 Xanatos's Avatar

I bought Erementar Gerad despite hearing some bad things about it, my pockets full of money and cheaper price than usual were the main reasons for such decision. All I can say, it's a decent anime. Story's certainly not the strongest point, it gets better near the end, though, too late I'm afraid. On the other hand characters are more than well done, especially the main protagonist. I hear there's even a fighting game, I hope it's better than anime itself.

Sig and Avy made by Unknown Entity

well i've never seen it on TV
    i watch all my anime on my laptop (i was gonna say the website but that might be spam PM me if u wanna no the website)
    but it has an english dub so it might have been on WB or Tsunami Jetstream back when Naruto was on CN
    but its really amazing
    in fact my signature shows the transformation of Kazuki's ordinary Kakugane to the black/dark Kakugane (i just put my name and my user title from my profile on it)
    Last edited by CloudTide; 06-03-2010 at 07:14 PM.
    ~ Victus per Veneratio ~

Okay, I have an update on the drawing competition. I'm not sure if members just didn't read the thread or don't want to draw something. I remember saying to send me a quick PM if you were going to participate so that I could have a tally of how many members would participate, but I've only received two PMs. I guess we could still have the competition with only two contestants, but I was hoping for a better turn out. <_<

Also, only one judge signed up too. I think that if you don't have the time to participate and draw something, you could at least be a judge. Being a judge would probably take ten minutes or something.

I'm asking again to send me a VM/PM of some sort to tell me if you plan on participating. This contest can't really succeed without people... I can also push back the deadline if people need more time, but I figured if the people not participating still wouldn't draw something even if the time frame was longer, I would rather have it sooner than later for those who want to participate.
    TFF Family:
    stardragon -- Nick -- Fishie -- Silver -- Omega Weapon -- Tiger Lily -- Athna Loveil -- Phantom -- ekimeinna -- Novacrash -- FFGuru89 -- Kaos_Dragon -- ziroth

Okay, well, it's now the 12th and no one contacted me after my last post. <_< If no one tells me that they are going to participate or would participate if they had more time, I guess we'll just proceed with the two people that sent me something. I thought that people wanted a drawing contest. Maybe I was mistaken.

I'll start a new discussion topic after the contest finishes.
    TFF Family:

Blog Entries

It's probably just a matter of timing along with saying 3 characters. Drawing does take time especially if you don't have time to give up. And I just recently lost 9 hours of my day since I've become employed once more. So my time got cut into less than half.

Quote Originally Posted by Andromeda View Post
    It's probably just a matter of timing along with saying 3 characters. Drawing does take time especially if you don't have time to give up. And I just recently lost 9 hours of my day since I've become employed once more. So my time got cut into less than half.
    Well, I gave two weeks for people to tell me if they were interested, and then I said I would extend the deadline another two weeks if anyone didn't have enough time, but no one said that they would even draw something if I gave that extra time. I just said that I didn't want to extend the date if no one else was going to submit theirs during those extra two weeks. I would think four weeks is enough time to complete one drawing. It isn't expected to be the Mona Lisa of anime or something.

I've posted here a couple times because no one has expressed any interest since the day I announced it, even though when I asked about what to do, this was the most popular. <_< I guess next time I'll have a contest where you don't have to do very much to participate.
    TFF Family:

Blog Entries

Well there's not much you can do about people not wanting to draw. Not everyone has artistic talent and some don't want to show it off perhaps. There's probably also the case that you don't have all of the members that are still signed up that may have been willing to draw. So that could be part of the problem.

As for the time, sure four weeks is long enough if that's all you're doing, two week is enough. But most people generally have other things going on. So they may not be able to devote large amounts of time to something. I'd be able to finish my stuff if it was all I did, but I have too many things on my plate as it is. A reason why I never said I would, because I didn't know if I'd have the time and it's true. I don't have time. The drawing will get done eventually, but probably not for a few months with my schedule.

Anyone watching Kekkashi on Adult Swim?

I saw the first few episodes subtitled, and I caught bits of it the other night on adult swim while I was doing other stuff. It looks really nice visually, but I'm a little worried if the plot holds up well enough for 52 episodes. I can see running to the school every night to fight a different ayakashi getting old very quickly. I heard from several people that it's one of if not the best shounen manga/anime, so I'll watch more of it hoping for the best.

Also, here are the results from the Drawing contest.

http://img257.imageshack.us/img257/5...cture0045a.jpg by CloudTide

and

http://thefinalfantasy.net/forums/me...characters.jpg by Xanatos

I figured that I would just choose by myself since there was only one person who wanted to be a judge. This way there won't be any discrepancy in judging.

It was close, but the winner is......

Xanatos

Here are my comments/criticisms (). Also note that I'm horrible at drawing, so both of yours are a lot better than what I would be able to draw.

CloudTide - It looks like old school shounen manga. Maybe the first suggestion I could give to make it look better would be to draw it on paper that isn't lined. Anyway, the characters look like they are drawn to scale, but they seem a little generic. Also, I think the color choices could have been better. I don't know if it just me, but I'm not too fond of the 6(?) shades of blue on the character to the far right and the fact that the character in the middle is one solid color. Maybe pick a middle ground with the amount of shades you use, or spice it up and use more than one color on a single character. I'm not really liking the weapon you chose to give the middle character either. I can't really picture it being used in an anime. I would say that the blue character is my favorite.

Xanatos - When I first looked at your drawing, I thought, "wow, you sure left a lot white," but when I took a closer look, I realized that you did use color. It would probably look better if you made the lighter colors stand out a little more. It might also look a little better if you didn't use the same skin tone for all of the characters. I have to say that I like how you posed your characters. Somehow they look a little disproportionate, though. It doesn't look like the typical anime/manga that you would see.

Other members can leave their comments too if they would like.

Finally, this is kind of unfortunate, but I'm going to have to ask if anyone here would like to take over the club. I'm going to be gone for the end of June, most likely most of July, all of August and September, and possibly even longer. I tried to get this club going after Yesha left, so I guess I'm hoping that someone will do the same now that I can't be here any longer.

Anyway, if you're interested, send me a PM or something.
    TFF Family:

attempting to bribe the Mayor of Lambeth Anime Fanatics Club v2 Xanatos's Avatar

I should probably be happy about it, in one way I am, but when I look at it, what's there to be happy about. There was no competition, I had 50% chance to win right from the start and that sucks. As for your criticism Treize, you were spot on, though keep in mind I draw this in two days, not that could do much better if I had more time. Also props to Cloud Tide for entering this competition, we ain't great at drawing but we kept this thing alive, more or less.

Sig and Avy made by Unknown Entity

yeah haha Xanatos' drawing was pretty epic i gotta say
    the poses were good too
    did u use a scanner, Xanatos?
    i didnt use one so thats why my quality is crap
    but just for the record i didnt mean for the Scimitar Rope to turn out like a 6
    but this was fun
    i hope we can do another one
    ~ Victus per Veneratio ~

Blog Entries

This is an open invitation to all that wish to participate in the open beta testing of a new Club/Social Group Project.

A brief explanation of the project: the social group format that currently exists as a separate group where members can create threads and post freely will be recreated within the Club Forums through the use of Sub Forums individualized for each Club or Social Group.

That is the short of it, here is the longer version please read everything before making your decision so you understand what it going to happen.

What we’re going to be doing is running a base model of the final fully feature product that we have envisioned. It will have all of the basic functionality we want, but it will lack all of the bells and whistles that we want to add to make things more robust. The beta test will be a way for us to get things started to see how people like it and where we can make improvements. Even without the bells and whistles it can still functional fully as intended, as a Club or Social Group. Everyone that participates will be able to provide feedback and suggestions on additional features to add to make it something that everyone can enjoy.

The base model is pretty simple for now, but as we have the time available to make the mods needed to it things will grow and you’ll be able to test out the new stuff we add. What the base model will be is a sub forum located in the Clubs Forum of the main forum. There the sub forum will be given whatever name the group that participates wants along with a brief description. With the sub forum you’ll be able to continue discussions and talk as you have previously in the social groups. This will mean that the clubs rules from before will be relaxed significantly more than they ever have to accommodate the posting environment of the social groups.

The club forums will become a “Main Club Forum” which will be the hub for all of the groups. The main club forum will be used as a “front desk” for the groups or as I like to call it a job fair. Each group will have a thread where forum members wishing to join will sign up and you’ll be able to look at your applicants. All requests for giving forum members access will go through me first and I’ll handle the work.

So that is how things will work for the beta after the setup. The creation of a sub-forum for your group will be very similar to how clubs are made. You will make a post in the registration thread of the club forum requesting a sub-forum for your group. Do note that if your social group or club already exists it will be automatically approved all you’ll be doing is giving me the necessary information to fill out to personalize your sub-forum to your group. If anyone wants to make a new group in the sub-forum that doesn’t already exist then it will go through an approval process that you see happen in the thread currently. You’ll want to read the main post to see the form that you’ll need to fill out since it’ll be different from the norm as well as necessary so you can have your sub-forum read the way you want it.

Now to answer why you would want to do this if it is going to be mirroring the social groups. With this move to the club forums as a sub forum you’re threads and post will appear in the main forum providing greater visibility to your group as a whole (such as the “new posts” and “posts in the last 24 hours”). This can help to promote and increase your own group’s interest and activity in the forum. Your social group will no longer be hidden in a specialized area that does not even provide updates or notices to its members. All of the features you use in the forums will be available for you to use such thanks, new posts in your User CP and forum subscriptions.

I want to take a little time to explain what we want to eventually make the final product of this to look like. The plan will be to allow the sub-forums to be customized with icons and images that represent the groups. They will also be available to be listed in your own profile like inventory items are so you can show off and advertise for your own groups. You’ll be able to select which ones you want to display just like items. Some of these features will require us to create our own mods to have it happen as they don’t exist. So it should be understandable why they won’t be available at the start.

As said before, any additional features can come from the suggestions and ideas you give us. We won’t be able to promise to do everything, but it will never hurt to give every idea you have. We’ll let you know if it is possible and if we will try it out. Anything new we do will be run through the beta testing groups until we hit an end point that we feel it is finished.

If you have any questions or concerns please contact me through PM or responding to this in here. I’ll answer everything that I am able to do.

This does open immediately and there will be no limit on how many groups we accept into beta testing. There will also be no time limit on joining the testing. It will always be open unless we deem it unsustainable or the project fails. Please check the Club Forums for further updates and work for the beta testing.

Thank you for your time and sorry for the intrusion.

Blog Entries

Well my other post aside, I'll focus on being a member this post. So I started watching Kaze no Stigma since I found it on Hulu. It is really convenient for me. But it has actually been quite entertaining and funny watching it. Kazuma seems like the main character but so does Ayano as well. However, Ayano also seems subject the fan service rule of anime considering the number of panty shots she gets. It seemed fine before, but they keep throwing them at greater numbers. It's getting a little annoying.

Either way, it is still a fun anime that is turning from an action anime to a romantic comedy. I don't really mind, but it is just a little more surprising. Since the trailer I've seen did not really make it out to be like that. Though they do seem to balance between the romance and action. Their grandfather is quite amusing playing the busybody that's normally reserved for the mother or a woman. It was quite apparent from the beginning how much he's trying to set them up and Kazuma seems very well aware of it.

Ayano pretty clueless though and inexperienced, which makes me think that she's more the main character since she fits the profile more than Kazuma. Kazuma is far too powerful and reserved to be the main character despite things. Still it is quite a lot of fun.

Sephiroth's Girl Anime Fanatics Club v2 sephirothsbigfan's Avatar

im sorry that i couldn't participate in the drawing competition it really sucks not having internet at home and hardly have time to go to the library at all but i will be more active now since i started college thursday i hope your trip goes well treize!

I am Sephiroth's girl! We will rule over you! Challenge this couple if you dare!

Whistling Songbird Anime Fanatics Club v2 Asectic's Avatar

Oh my, I missed a lot here D:
    The drawings are cool btw. Can someone care to catch me up please? Thanks

"Because I obviously haven't been on here for a while"
    - Said no one ever, 02/2020

>>>:

Oh hey there, thanks for opening! Here is a little section filled with my goodies here and there.

TIMELINE - Before 2019:

The Awesome Peeps (TFF Family):

Moogable
    Bleachfangirl
    Ekimeinna
    Treize
    Rocky
    Tiger Lily
    Unknown Entity
    FF Ace Cid-Silver
    Raider
    Secret Weapon

TIMELINE - 2020 and Onwards:

Music of the Week:
    Ginzen no Kaze (English Cover) - Jayn

Links:
    My DeviantArt Account

"It was nice meeting you!"
    - Said a second nobody ever~

Blog Entries

Not too sure what to catch you up on. We talked about Kaze no Stigma some, Shattered Angels and Kannazuki no Miko. I don't remember too much about the rest of the stuff depending on how far back you need to go.

I finished finally watching Fushigi Yuugi recently. Someone I knew was moving and gave over a whole ton of VHS tapes which had three complete shows, I think along with a whole bunch of other little more random stuff. Fushigi Yuugi was interesting, though I eventually ended up caring more about what the brother was doing back in the real world and less about the book world. I don't think that is a good thing, but the yoyo romance reached a point that it just seemed to be bordering on ridiculous.

Still the characters for the show were all a lot of fun. And that certainly helped to make the show a lot of fun. Though it is funny how there was only like one or two truly evil people in the show. Everyone else was just misunderstood with their own problems that changed them from being decent people to being bad. I think they waited too long to give the main villain's back story though. Once you reach that point you just don't really care what you learn about him. You've been hating him for 52 episodes that trying to make him out to be a tainted and broken soul like everyone else just seemed a little too simple. I don't have a problem feeling for the villain, but you need to develop these things throughout the story, not the last episode. ><

Currently starting on Angel Nurse Ririka SOS and Marmalade Boy. Ririka is a magical girl seris and Marmalade Boy looks to be standard shoujo fare, though the situation provides for quite a bit of humor.

Registered User Anime Fanatics Club v2 Yesha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Andromeda View Post
    I finished finally watching Fushigi Yuugi recently. Someone I knew was moving and gave over a whole ton of VHS tapes which had three complete shows, I think along with a whole bunch of other little more random stuff. Fushigi Yuugi was interesting, though I eventually ended up caring more about what the brother was doing back in the real world and less about the book world. I don't think that is a good thing, but the yoyo romance reached a point that it just seemed to be bordering on ridiculous.

Still the characters for the show were all a lot of fun. And that certainly helped to make the show a lot of fun. Though it is funny how there was only like one or two truly evil people in the show. Everyone else was just misunderstood with their own problems that changed them from being decent people to being bad. I think they waited too long to give the main villain's back story though. Once you reach that point you just don't really care what you learn about him. You've been hating him for 52 episodes that trying to make him out to be a tainted and broken soul like everyone else just seemed a little too simple. I don't have a problem feeling for the villain, but you need to develop these things throughout the story, not the last episode. ><
    Glad you've watched FY! :-)

You should look for it's OVAs too.. :-) They're pretty great if you want to know what happened to them after a few years, the characters have grown by their appearances, and had a more matured and sensitive personalities,

if you didn't like Miaka's OA child-like attitude, the OVAs gave her a more suitable matured side.

Some of the episodes were really surprising and unpredictable, few characters have been added and introduced, but majority.. OVAs' still got it's former characters from the main series.

FY's got three awesome OVAs.

Moving on,

I only did had a few time to watch anime these past few months.

I've just completed watching School Days, Kitsuretsu (from the maker of Doraemon) and Tenjhou Tenge. :-)

And before I forgot,

How's the club going? Where's Treize..?
    Last edited by Yesha; 08-31-2010 at 06:33 AM.
    CLICK IT! TO SEE MY STUFFS:

Quote for the month:
    “Try harder to succeed.”

What am I Loving right now?:
    YOU!

My Art Thread: http://thefinalfantasy.net/forum...ngs-lol-3.html

"HELLO GUYS!"

Sephiroth's Girl Anime Fanatics Club v2 sephirothsbigfan's Avatar

hey yesha how are you never heard of that anime im really missing out

I am Sephiroth's girl! We will rule over you! Challenge this couple if you dare!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5