Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Anime Fanatics Club v2

The Quiet One Anime Fanatics Club v2 Andromeda's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Re: Anime Fanatics Club v2

I really enjoyed Shattered Angels. There were certainly some things that I saw coming, but there are some good developments and story that happens. I thought the whole "Dear Prince I hope this finds you well" every five minutes was a little overused by the third episode, but get past that and it is an enjoyable watch. I think I'd say that Kannazuki no Miko probably is a little better since some of the twists you don't really see coming until it's too late while there is not as many of those in Shattered Angels. But it is still good fun.

I think the ending for the show was probably the best and more memorable part of the series. I think it was a little stronger than Kannazuki no Miko's ending. It had my crying at the end so I think that's good. But I tend to be overly emotional anyway so I may be a biased factor.
    Curious? There's no limits but your own imagination.
    Don't know how to roleplay, but want to learn? Visit Here!

2007 and 2009 Best Writer of TFF and 2009 Most Creative Co-Winner

Go with me, Exkaizer~ Anime Fanatics Club v2 Treize's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Andromeda View Post
    I really enjoyed Shattered Angels. There were certainly some things that I saw coming, but there are some good developments and story that happens. I thought the whole "Dear Prince I hope this finds you well" every five minutes was a little overused by the third episode, but get past that and it is an enjoyable watch. I think I'd say that Kannazuki no Miko probably is a little better since some of the twists you don't really see coming until it's too late while there is not as many of those in Shattered Angels. But it is still good fun.

I think the ending for the show was probably the best and more memorable part of the series. I think it was a little stronger than Kannazuki no Miko's ending. It had my crying at the end so I think that's good. But I tend to be overly emotional anyway so I may be a biased factor.
    Thanks, I'll give it another try then. I thought Kannazuki no Miko had a good ending, so if this one's better, I can't wait. ^^
    TFF Family:
    stardragon -- Nick -- Fishie -- Silver -- Omega Weapon -- Tiger Lily -- Athna Loveil -- Phantom -- ekimeinna -- Novacrash -- FFGuru89 -- Kaos_Dragon -- ziroth

-PM me if you would like to join.

Learner Anime Fanatics Club v2 CloudTide's Avatar

so r we taking about Neon Genesis or Kannazuki no Miko?
    ~ Victus per Veneratio ~

Quote Originally Posted by CloudTide View Post
    so r we taking about Neon Genesis or Kannazuki no Miko?
    We're talking about Neon Genesis Evangelion now, but we were talking about Kannazuki no Miko earlier. I usually bring an anime up to discuss once a week or so, so that the club doesn't just die out, but if there is a specific anime you would like to discuss, you can bring it up. It can almost get to be a free for all at times. Notice how four different anime were brought up in the last few posts.

Care to share your opinion about one of the anime that we've recently discussed?
    TFF Family:
    stardragon -- Nick -- Fishie -- Silver -- Omega Weapon -- Tiger Lily -- Athna Loveil -- Phantom -- ekimeinna -- Novacrash -- FFGuru89 -- Kaos_Dragon -- ziroth

have u guys talked about Buso Renkin yet?
    ~ Victus per Veneratio ~

No, we haven't. I haven't seen the anime, so I haven't brought it up. I was going to watch it at one time, but decided not too, so I'm not really sure how good it is. If someone else has seen it, and wants to share their opinions too (Andromeda lol), go ahead. If you post your opinions about it, someone will probably post if they've seen it too.
    TFF Family:

alrighty then
    ive only watched the first episode so dont tell me any thing if u guys have seen it
    i like how this show gives a WHOLE different story of alchemy then that in FMA
    its freakin hilarious too
    bout 2 watch ep. 2
    ~ Victus per Veneratio ~

黒い翼の天使 Anime Fanatics Club v2 yuki's Avatar

no me too i havent seen it is it realy cool i liked fma so if its kinda similer i might watch it .........

its not similar but its really good
    its kinda like Bleach
    if you've seen Gurren Lagann you'll like it
    if u havent you'll still like i
    ~ Victus per Veneratio ~

Lady Succubus Anime Fanatics Club v2 Victoria's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Buso Renkin is an okay anime. I'm not going to spoil it for those who haven't seen it, but I didn't quite like the ending very much.

I also just finished Master Keaton. I'll be writing a review of it soon. Then I have to rewrite and reformat some of my reviews, and finish all the other anime I'm in the process of watching so I can review them.

well im watching ep. 6 right now
    it sucks that Chono's father doesnt even care about him
    but it was a genius plan of wrapping the power cloth of Kuzuki's Buso Renkin to boost its power so he could kill the Hawk Humunculus
    Chono's brother is a jerk
    ~ Victus per Veneratio ~

I was looking for mecha anime to discuss, and I came across Escaflowne. There have been several times where I thought about watching this, but I was wondering if it is really worth watching. Can anyone here recommend watching it? I'm a little turned off by how old it is, but I think that if the story and characters are still good and well developed, I'll enjoy it.

If anyone has an anime in mind for discussing, bring it up. It seems like a lot of the members wanted to talk about mecha anime, but I don't think that I've seen that many mecha anime besides the big ones like Gundam, Code Geass, and TTGL.

Also, I'm thinking that I'll start a new activity this week some time. I'm still deciding what to do, but I'll decide within the next day or two and post something. I'm hoping that at least half of the members participate.
    TFF Family:

Lady Succubus Anime Fanatics Club v2 Victoria's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Escaflowne is a classic. Watch it or die.

YouTube - hbi2k's Channel (Abridged series. Highly recommended.)

Stop letting age be a factor. >.> Escaflowne's not -that- old...(Okay so it's like 14 years old... but so what?)

Quote Originally Posted by Mistress Victoria View Post
    Escaflowne is a classic. Watch it or die.

YouTube - hbi2k's Channel (Abridged series. Highly recommended.)

Stop letting age be a factor. >.> Escaflowne's not -that- old...(Okay so it's like 14 years old... but so what?)
    If the anime is half as good as this abridged series, I think I'm going to enjoy it a lot!

Thanks for the link and the recommendation. I'll try to watch it sometime soon now.
    TFF Family:

Blog Entries

You can find the entire series in a complete collection these days for a pretty good price. The fact that Bandai keeps it around after being out for so it is bit of a proof that it is worth keeping on shelves. I know that I have really enjoyed watching the series and a fantasy mecha anime makes things a lot of fun. Plus you have Yoko Kanno doing the music, how can you say no that?

Have you seen Bubblegum Crisis Tokyo 2040? That is a pretty good mecha series as well. If you can get past the stupid levels of fan service Gravion and Godannar are rather interesting as well.

Sephiroth's Girl Anime Fanatics Club v2 sephirothsbigfan's Avatar

never heard or seen any of the animes discussed here but i might watch them sometime
    and sorry i haven't been on cause of no internet service at home since i am out of college for summer vactation and like never go to the library but i am at a place with wireless internet now but idk when i will be on next time

I am Sephiroth's girl! We will rule over you! Challenge this couple if you dare!

attempting to bribe the Mayor of Lambeth Anime Fanatics Club v2 Xanatos's Avatar

Escaflowne is a must watch, classic, I highly recommend it to you. If you're lucky you can even find it in a package with movie, surprisingly, really cheap. The movie's also great, you don't really need to watch the series to enjoy this one, though I recommend watching the series first just to appreciate it's approach a little bit more.

If you're up for mecha Z.O.E. Dolores,i is another great one, funny, maybe even more than Full Metal Panic! It's not that old and it has great characters and story.

Another one that comes to my mind is Candidate for Goddess, though it's really short, only twelve episodes, you'll end up watching it in no time. It's not that bad, I remember watching it on MTW, bough DvD soon after that, I must say I'm really disappointed with the ending, got a strong felling like it shouldn't have ended there, like it's canceled or something.

Sig and Avy made by Unknown Entity

Ill chaeck out that anime cuz ive never heard of it.
    Theres also NEW mecha anime called Heroman thats made by Stan Lee from Marvel.
    Its really good i recommend that.
    ~ Victus per Veneratio ~

黒い翼の天使 Anime Fanatics Club v2 yuki's Avatar

escaflowne i realy just saw the 3 first eps thats all i know about it but one of my friends say its real good

Okay, I've decided on the next activity. Please tell me if you think this is interesting. If no one wants to participate, I'll just think of something else.

We're going to have another drawing contest. It seems that drawing is more popular than I first thought.

I thought it would be cool if we all tried to design our own characters for an original anime/manga. I think this idea could spice up the activity from just a normal drawing contest a little and try to spark some creativity.

Here are the rules:

1. You must draw at least three original characters that would go well together in a manga or anime. Therefore, it would probably be to your benefit to draw them all in the same art style. You could also draw non-human characters too if they would fit appropriately.

As of right now, I'm going to say that you can either draw each character separately or all together in one picture. You will probably fair better if you draw them all together in an interesting way, though.

2. The drawings must be in color. It doesn't matter how you color them, but I don't think I'm going to allow black and white. It shouldn't take that much more effort to use some color.

3. I'm not sure if I should make this a requirement, but I think it would be nice if you named your characters.

I may think of a few more requirements within the next couple days if I think of something or if I get some feedback from other members.

If anyone has a suggestion to amend the rules, send me a PM.

Also, I will be needing a couple judges. I'm thinking that I will accept just about anyone who wants to be one, but remember that you can't participate if you are judging. I think two or three would be a good number. If no one wants to judge, I'll be the judge.
    *I will even consider people who aren't part of this club and just lurk about.

If you are thinking about participating, please send me a PM telling me that you will. This way, I'll be able to tell if this idea will be successful or not, and I can plan accordingly. This may also be anonymous, so I'm not sure if we should reveal who are all participating before hand.

I'm thinking that the deadline will be June 13, but that could change depending upon when most people turn in their finished product.

If anyone has any questions or comments, send me a PM, and I'll try to clarify.

I'm hoping that this turns out to be a success, and we could possibly use these character designs again for something else like story writing or an RP of some sort.
    TFF Family:

Blog Entries

I won't be able to do it. I can't make three characters in two weeks. It takes me too long to do the work that I do. I also have a lot of other things I do that won't give me the time to do it. At best I can do one character only because I've already started have been working on it off and on for the last few months.

Quote Originally Posted by Andromeda View Post
    I won't be able to do it. I can't make three characters in two weeks. It takes me too long to do the work that I do. I also have a lot of other things I do that won't give me the time to do it. At best I can do one character only because I've already started have been working on it off and on for the last few months.
    If you could finish a drawing by the end of the month, I could push back the deadline to the end of June. I don't know how many people are going to participate, so the more people the better. Some other members may need more time too. If you still wouldn't have the time, I think I'll just leave it at June 13.

I'm hesitant to change it to just one character, though, because I've already gotten positive feedback on the contest requiring multiple characters. =/

Andromeda, if you are unable to put something together, you could still be a judge or something if you want.
    Last edited by Treize; 06-02-2010 at 01:57 PM.
    TFF Family:

Blog Entries

I don't know, I focused on the actual drawing rather than doing it in my spare time at random intervals. I can probably get it done. I said before I've been working on it for a while so I'm just doing the coloring at this point, but it is still a matter of finding a method that I'm happy with. That is what is taking up a lot of the time right now.

i already got my three characters
    wait did they have to be on Photoshop or sumthin?
    ~ Victus per Veneratio ~

i already got my three characters
    wait did they have to be on Photoshop or sumthin?
    No, you don't have to use Photoshop if you colored it all by hand.

When you are done, just send me a PM with a link to the picture. I'll tell you if it doesn't meet the requirements or something.
    TFF Family:

i sent u the pic but its in low quality because i took the pic with my comp's camera
    ~ Victus per Veneratio ~

Sephiroth's Girl Anime Fanatics Club v2 sephirothsbigfan's Avatar

i'll try my best to get them done in time for the deadline i really love to draw since its my career im going to do in the future

I am Sephiroth's girl! We will rule over you! Challenge this couple if you dare!

hey until that deadline comes ill start a new conversation
    has anyone seen Elemental Gelade
    i started watching it yesterday and its awesome
    i'm only on ep. 3 though
    ~ Victus per Veneratio ~

hey until that deadline comes ill start a new conversation
    has anyone seen Elemental Gelade
    i started watching it yesterday and its awesome
    i'm only on ep. 3 though
    I watched the first two episodes about half a year ago. It looked pretty boring, so I haven't watched more.

I think I only started watching this for savage genius, anyway.
    TFF Family:

Blog Entries

I've only seen one episode of it. It came on the DVD in my Newtype magazine and looked fairly interesting. But I haven't gotten around to actually pick up the complete collection. Though I don't think I see it at Best Buy anymore, which is going to be really annoying. But Best Buy has been slowly shrinking their anime selection over the last year or two. A very frustrating note.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast