Re: Anime Fanatics Club v2

oh ihave alot in advanture
    #1 get backers
    #2 full metal
    #3 d.gray.man , full metal panic... etc

Go with me, Exkaizer~ Anime Fanatics Club v2 Treize's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Andromeda View Post
    I tend not to think of most anime as adventure as least I think in the idea that you're thinking. Naruto is probably more adventure than others, but it is more action than anything. When I think adventure I think something like Saiyuki, which is based on the Journey to the West an actual adventure story. Where there is travel and a journey and not just the need for one action fight sequence followed by another, which is more or less what Naruto or Bleach are. They are linked by their fights rather than their story a lot of the time.

It's been a while, but I'm pretty sure Record of Lodoss Wars would fall into the adventure grouping. It is fantasy though and most fantasy tend to fall into the adventure/journey type to begin with. Sadly, I don't own Record of Lodoss Wars or it'd be a lot more familiar in my mind than when I rented it. But there was always something about the anime that I really joined. It is fantasy and I do enjoy my fantasy, but it seemed to go quite a bit deeper than just fantasy.

Funny note, Louie the Rune Soldier is apparently in the same world as Record of Lodoss Wars, but on a different continent. It is certainly quite a bit different flavor.
    Yeah, I'm being pretty lenient with the "adventure" category. I'm mainly doing this so that more anime can be included in it because really, there aren't a lot of pure adventure anime. I don't know; I would consider Naruto to be an adventure anime because of all the missions they go on. It was set up to have more action than adventure, but I think the adventure is still there. At least it is a lot more than in something like Bleach.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanatos View Post
    For that reason I'll chose another anime, quite few come to my mind right now, but neither one of them seems fitting as Rurouni Kenshin. One of the first anime series I've seen and one of my favorites, definitely in my top ten. I really don't recall the most part of the story, it's been a while since the last time I saw it, though I don't recall being that great. On the other hand the characters are simply amazing, everyone from minor characters to protagonist and antagonist are all well done. Besides that, this anime has a really great soundtrack, it must be one of the best I've heard, at least when it comes to anime.

Out of two OVA's that have been released afterward I've only watched Samurai X: Trust & Betrayal, you can say it's a great introduction to the main anime as it explains Kenshin's past pretty well. Only four episodes are the only negative thing I could come up with.
    Eh, Rurouni Kenshin... I would like to say that Kenshin is really great, but I thought the last 30 or so episodes, which are about a third of the series, were just horrible. I heard that it was filler, but still, it could have been much better. Without those episodes, it would be great in my opinion, but with those it is only "good." I need to watch the OVAs too. I heard that they are very good, but I've never gotten around to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Yuki
    oh ihave alot in advanture
    #1 get backers
    #2 full metal
    #3 d.gray.man , full metal panic... etc
    Is there a reason why you specifically like Get Backers? I've never seen the show, and I think that it would be interesting to know why you like it.
    TFF Family:
    stardragon -- Nick -- Fishie -- Silver -- Omega Weapon -- Tiger Lily -- Athna Loveil -- Phantom -- ekimeinna -- Novacrash -- FFGuru89 -- Kaos_Dragon -- ziroth

-PM me if you would like to join.

Whistling Songbird Anime Fanatics Club v2 Asectic's Avatar

Sorry, I've been busy

Anyways, my favorite adventure anime is Bleach and Dr. Grey Man.
    Its comical
    The plots for both are very interesting. Though I think some parts in Bleach could've been better, such as its second season. The one with Kariya and so on. Can't really remember the others.

My other choice which I read in manga is TRC
    The story was interesting. Especially the end. Though I didn't get some parts about the two Shaorans, the whole story was made nicely.
    That, and mostly because I loved its comical bits too. "Kuro-chan, big doggie, little doggie, etc"..

"Because I obviously haven't been on here for a while"
    - Said no one ever, 02/2020

>>>:

Oh hey there, thanks for opening! Here is a little section filled with my goodies here and there.

TIMELINE - Before 2019:

The Awesome Peeps (TFF Family):

Moogable
    Bleachfangirl
    Ekimeinna
    Treize
    Rocky
    Tiger Lily
    Unknown Entity
    FF Ace Cid-Silver
    Raider
    Secret Weapon

TIMELINE - 2020 and Onwards:

Music of the Week:
    Ginzen no Kaze (English Cover) - Jayn

Links:
    My DeviantArt Account

"It was nice meeting you!"
    - Said a second nobody ever~

That's a tough one. :/
    I'll try to pick one that's adventure only...
    Then I'd probably choose Kemono no Souja Erin, though I assume that nobody has seen this great anime.
    Basically, it's about a young girl called Erin who... erm, goes on a journey through her country because she wants to be a... kind of beast tamer. (I try not to spoil anything xD")
    Later on, it's not only about Erin and her beasts, but also about politics. Actually, the last 10 episodes are politics only. ^^" You'll get quite a good inview of the political structures of this country and of course the problems.
    Why is this my favorite one? Mostly because of the pace. It's a very very slow pace anime, meaning: Don't expect things to happen SUDDENLY. You are prepared for every move Erin makes. Also, there are some episodes which aren't THAT neccessary for the understanding of the story. Sometimes you just see Erin who learns how to... well, tame the beasts. Or studying... playing with her friends........ man, that sounds boring. XD But trust me, if you've seen the first 10 episodes, it gets better and better! ^^
    Also, Erin is a very nice character. You see her throughout her WHOLE life, which means you grow to love her. <3 And there are some minor characters which will become more important later. (*coughs* Ial *coughs*)
    And please! don't think it's an anime just for kids. The anime is quite brutal, actually. The only thing childish about it is that you don't see all the scenes. For example, if a beast tears a man into two parts (that happens! >-<"), then you won't see it clearly. You'll just see... kind of children's drawings for that scene.
    Aw, long talk, but just watch the first 6-8 episodes. Be sure to watch at least SIX episodes! In episode 6, you'll understand why it isn't a children's anime. ^^"

9x-7i > 3(3x-7u)

Death Before Dishonor Anime Fanatics Club v2 Josh_R's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I have a few adventure anime's that I like.

First is Naruto. I am a big fan of the storyline. What I do not like is that sometimes instead of just getting to the point, they will waste an entire episode talking about pointless shit that has absolutely nothing to do with what is goin on.

Full Metal Alchemist. FMA, good story, well thought out characters. This has everything that I look for in an anime. It isn't to long, but it isn't to short. It is perfect. I had a problem with the way that the series ended. I felt it could have kept going.

Bleach. Very good story line, good characters. But like Naruto it has those episodes where it talk about meaningless shit for the entire half an hour. Also Kisuke is a hard ass.

Orphen was a good series. I am a bigger fan of season one. As Andromeda said in season two the writing, and animation quality just got shitty. I also played the game. I had to go through it twice before I had any clue what was going on. But it is a good game. Favorite character is Magic. He was just funny.

I used to be a big fan of Inuyasha. I don't really know why, but I just stopped watching it.

Sitting here waiting for Rocky, and Che to notice me!!

Quote Originally Posted by Freya View Post
    That's a tough one. :/
    I'll try to pick one that's adventure only...
    Then I'd probably choose Kemono no Souja Erin, though I assume that nobody has seen this great anime.
    Basically, it's about a young girl called Erin who... erm, goes on a journey through her country because she wants to be a... kind of beast tamer. (I try not to spoil anything xD")
    Later on, it's not only about Erin and her beasts, but also about politics. Actually, the last 10 episodes are politics only. ^^" You'll get quite a good inview of the political structures of this country and of course the problems.
    Why is this my favorite one? Mostly because of the pace. It's a very very slow pace anime, meaning: Don't expect things to happen SUDDENLY. You are prepared for every move Erin makes. Also, there are some episodes which aren't THAT neccessary for the understanding of the story. Sometimes you just see Erin who learns how to... well, tame the beasts. Or studying... playing with her friends........ man, that sounds boring. XD But trust me, if you've seen the first 10 episodes, it gets better and better! ^^
    Also, Erin is a very nice character. You see her throughout her WHOLE life, which means you grow to love her. <3 And there are some minor characters which will become more important later. (*coughs* Ial *coughs*)
    And please! don't think it's an anime just for kids. The anime is quite brutal, actually. The only thing childish about it is that you don't see all the scenes. For example, if a beast tears a man into two parts (that happens! >-<"), then you won't see it clearly. You'll just see... kind of children's drawings for that scene.
    Aw, long talk, but just watch the first 6-8 episodes. Be sure to watch at least SIX episodes! In episode 6, you'll understand why it isn't a children's anime. ^^"
    I actually watched the first 12 episodes! =D Unfortunately I stopped watching it because the pace was just outrageously slow, and it didn't even look interesting to begin with. I liked the characters, but the story just didn't look like it was going anywhere. I may get back to it some time, but I heard that the ending was pretty bad, so I'm still a little hesitant. I don't know, I just find it kind of hard to believe that this is your favorite adventure anime. ^^'''' Maybe I need to watch more of it to realize how it is good.

Quote Originally Posted by Josh_R
    Full Metal Alchemist. FMA, good story, well thought out characters. This has everything that I look for in an anime. It isn't to long, but it isn't to short. It is perfect. I had a problem with the way that the series ended. I felt it could have kept going.
    I'm watching the new season right now, probably like a lot of other people now, right? Anyway, I'm still liking the first anime better. The new season has its good parts, but it doesn't seem as action packed as the first season. Maybe it just isn't getting to the climax as fast as I would like? The first battle with Pride was pretty cool, but the anti-climatic end was a little of a let down. It turned out okay plot-wise, but then I was let down with his battle with Al too. The anime seems to get my hopes up and then let me down. I hope that the ending is good at least.

I used to be a big fan of Inuyasha. I don't really know why, but I just stopped watching it.
    Probably because it is 3 times too long. =P It's good, but it can get tiring because of its length and lack of a solid plot at times. I would say that the new season went at a good pace.

I guess I'm going to have to watch Orphen if so many people think it is great.
    TFF Family:
    stardragon -- Nick -- Fishie -- Silver -- Omega Weapon -- Tiger Lily -- Athna Loveil -- Phantom -- ekimeinna -- Novacrash -- FFGuru89 -- Kaos_Dragon -- ziroth

黒い翼の天使 Anime Fanatics Club v2 yuki's Avatar

Is there a reason why you specifically like Get Backers? I've never seen the show, and I think that it would be interesting to know why you like it.
    oh yeah many well here gose first the drawing is way to great like d.gray.man and its realy to fun the story start with 2 guys medo ban and amano ginji and each of them have aspiecal power ban has ahand grip with 200 kilo power and ginji generates electric waves and the do the job of getting anything you lost no matter what it takes and they are 100% sure to get it back .........GetBackers - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    heres a link to check it out ..........

attempting to bribe the Mayor of Lambeth Anime Fanatics Club v2 Xanatos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Treize View Post
    Eh, Rurouni Kenshin... I would like to say that Kenshin is really great, but I thought the last 30 or so episodes, which are about a third of the series, were just horrible. I heard that it was filler, but still, it could have been much better. Without those episodes, it would be great in my opinion, but with those it is only "good." I need to watch the OVAs too. I heard that they are very good, but I've never gotten around to it.
    Filler you say, that would explain few things. Same here, the story went downhill after the second season, after Makoto was beaten to be more precise, always got the felling that it should have ended there, guess I was right all along. Though there's one thing I don't understand, why finish it with fillers.

As for OVA's, that something I highly recommend you.

Quote Originally Posted by yuki View Post
    oh yeah many well here gose first the drawing is way to great like d.gray.man and its realy to fun the story start with 2 guys medo ban and amano ginji and each of them have aspiecal power ban has ahand grip with 200 kilo power and ginji generates electric waves and the do the job of getting anything you lost no matter what it takes and they are 100% sure to get it back .........GetBackers - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    heres a link to check it out ..........
    I stooped watching Get Backers after 10-15 episodes, I just couldn't get into it, that and I was short on few episodes. Beginning was really promising, it looked fresh, something new, but later on it became really boring. Maybe I'll continue to watch it, if I ever get the right DvD-s that is.

Sig and Avy made by Unknown Entity

Quote Originally Posted by Xanatos View Post
    Filler you say, that would explain few things. Same here, the story went downhill after the second season, after Makoto was beaten to be more precise, always got the felling that it should have ended there, guess I was right all along. Though there's one thing I don't understand, why finish it with fillers.
    It was popular, so they wanted to make more money off of it?

Also, from someone who's seen Getbackers, is the story interesting? I was thinking about watching it because it looked kind of cool, but the summary I read didn't look that interesting. Thanks to whoever replies.
    TFF Family:

Sephiroth's Girl Anime Fanatics Club v2 sephirothsbigfan's Avatar

orphen is great in i love the game and character orphen; it is really good

I am Sephiroth's girl! We will rule over you! Challenge this couple if you dare!

黒い翼の天使 Anime Fanatics Club v2 yuki's Avatar

I stooped watching Get Backers after 10-15 episodes, I just couldn't get into it, that and I was short on few episodes. Beginning was really promising, it looked fresh, something new, but later on it became really boring. Maybe I'll continue to watch it, if I ever get the right DvD-s that is.
    wahh 10-15 you realy didnt get in to the story good its after it that it gets real cool and attaching you have 2 complete it you realy should and about the time yeah we all realy need to find time T___T ( i still cant choose what to do in the remaining hours ff13 or anime or sleeping )

Blog Entries

Probably because it is 3 times too long. =P It's good, but it can get tiring because of its length and lack of a solid plot at times. I would say that the new season went at a good pace.

I guess I'm going to have to watch Orphen if so many people think it is great.

I'd say that is the reason. I can't bring myself to watch that many episodes of an anime. No matter how good it is.

Also Orphen is a great anime. When you watch the 2nd you will see the lack of things that were mentioned. Poorer animation quality, and not as interesting storyline.

Lady Succubus Anime Fanatics Club v2 Victoria's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Only watch the first season of Orphen. Don't watch the second one. The second one is more humor based. And as far as Get Backers go, I'd read the manga instead.

Does anyone have any underrated anime they are fond of? =O

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mistress Victoria View Post
    S-Cry-Ed is one of my favorites. Most people I have toalked to have never even heard of it.

Only watch the first season of Orphen. Don't watch the second one. The second one is more humor based. And as far as Get Backers go, I'd read the manga instead.
    Thanks for the advice; I'll keep this in mind.

This seems like a pretty good discussion topic. Most of my favorite anime aren't underrated, but I could list some I like that I think are. These probably won't be terrible underrated because most of the shows that aren't rated well aren't for a reason. =P

Tower of Druaga - This is an comedy adventure type anime. There are two 12 episode seasons where the first one has more comedic elements, and the second focuses more on the plot. It is basically about this group of people who scale this giant tower. I thought it was pretty good.

Kaze no Stigma - This is more of an action anime. This is a 24 episode series. It may seem a little generic at times, but I liked it.

Guin Saga - This is a fantasy, adventure anime. It is a 26 episode series from a series of over 100 novels, so it doesn't have a definite conclusion. I thought it was pretty interesting and well done, so I hope that it is continued. The story seems to have some of everything, but it seems to be more about politics with of course fantasy and adventure.

Wagaya no Oinari-sama. - This is again a fantasy series that has 24 episodes. I can't really explain very well why I like this series, but I think it is pretty good. Maybe you'll just have to watch it for yourself and see what you think.

Minami-ke - This is a slice-of-life comedy series about three sisters who live together. I think that this is one of the funniest anime that I've seen. There isn't much development, but the comedy is pretty good. I think the first season is the best, but the other seasons are also funny.

Kannazuki no Miko - This anime has some of everthing in 12 episodes, so it seems rushed at times, but I really like this anime. It is shoujo-ai, so some people might be turned off, but I think that it is still good. I really liked the story too. it isn't the most original, but it is still good in my opinion.

I guess I could list more, but I think I might've listed too many already.

S-Cry-Ed is one of my favorites. Most people I have toalked to have never even heard of it.
    I agree. Scryed has some pretty good parts. The story is pretty interesting too. The main character's "super power" is kind of lame, though. I would like to watch this again sometime because I haven't seen it in quite awhile, so some of the specifics are a blur.

Also, I think that this will be the discussion for this week. I think it is a better topic than what I would've pick anyway.
    Last edited by Treize; 05-01-2010 at 09:08 PM.
    TFF Family:

Blog Entries

Minami-ke is not underrated (it has 3 seasons for pete's sake), and neither is Kannazuki no Miko.

What I mean by under rated, I mean unknown. Low on the popularity bar. Diamonds in the rough, if you will.

I'm starting to do anime reviews on youtube, and I want to get the diamonds in the rough out of the way before I get into more... popular stuff.

The Quiet One Anime Fanatics Club v2 Andromeda's Avatar
    Blog Entries

S-cry-ed was available on Adult Swim for quite some time. I haven't really heard anyone saying anything that negative about it and a fair enough amount of people probably saw it or know about it. So I don't know I don't really know if it is that underrated. I thoroughly enjoyed it even though it was a pretty standard powers action shounen. It was always funny to know that the same character designer for Gundam Seed did the characters for S-cry-ed, their style is very distinctive.

I own Kannazuki no Miko, which is funny because you see the trailer for it on other DVDs it is Kannazuki no Mike yet the actually DVDs it is Destiny of the Shrine Maiden. But I personally think that they did a very poor job on the cover design. They make it up like this heavily laced Yuri anime with tons of fan service by the way DVD cover it and if you're a little embarrassed about shopping with things that a little suggestive then this would make you hesitate about even picking it up. Yet you open it up and actually play it and then first thing you'll learn is that its a mecha anime, which had me going O_O I love mecha and I would have very much liked to know that there was going to be mecha and pretty much a quarter of the anime and nearly all of the actions scenes. On top of that they make it seem really dirty and fan service-y, but it is actually not at all. There is almost no Yuri scenes and even fewer elements and almost nothing to really warrant making it out to seem like this big fan service fest. It's not, and for a while it just looks like a very odd romance anime that gets regularly party crashed by mechas. Talk about killing the mood ^^;

But seriously, they could have done a lot better to sell for what it is really is. Which is an action, mecha, romance and drama with a light dose of Yuri. I found the story to actually be very good and there are some really good moments in the last part of the series that play up the drama and forbidden romance quite well.

It is certainly underrated, but because they did really bad just with the presentation.

The sad thing is there is more fan service in the photo gallery than the entire series. ^^;

The only reason was interested in it was because I had seen clips of the anime in an AMV and I wanted to see if it was any good. It was a cheap buy and I am actually quite pleased with the purchase.

Simoun is probably lesser known and I guess underrated. I found it again from an AMV and saw it in the stores one time and was like O_O I read about this anime I'm buying it now before I can't find it. It was a sub only release from anime works, but considering the pacing of the anime I can imagine that people will easily give up on it. It is really badly paced and quiet, but once it gets going it is actually pretty interesting. It was my second Yuri anime purchase. I was more interested in the concept that they had going (which was pretty much all done for the sake of making everything Yuri, but hey once you get past it, it gets interesting), which was that the entire country or world (not sure which) is born female. Then around their 16 or 18 birthday they have to go to a shrine and their actual gender is revealed to them and at which point they slowly change if they are supposed to be a guy (since some of them still look very feminine for a while). You get past that though and they start going into the emotional and personal lives of some of the girls and see how they are affected by this, because some were not pleased with change. Then there are others that already have relationships going, so it does a pretty good job of making it more than just being about Yuri all the time. The setting seems a little shallow, but what they do with it is anything but shallow.

I really want to see Kaze no Stigma since I've been seeing it advertised on my Funimation DVDs. It looked pretty interesting.

Perfect Blue and Paprika could fall under this depending on if you follow Satoshi Kan's work or not. I have really gotten into his work when I saw Perfect Blue. It is still an anime that recommend anyone watching because you really won't find anything like in anime and goes to prove my point that animie is very broad and does just about everything that live action does. Perfect Blue is a psychological thriller in line with Hitchcock's works. I think Manga Entertainment or whoever said, Manga likes to use it in their lines to promote the movie. If Hitchcock and Disney got together Perfect Blue would be what they would make. And Paprika is more of sci-fi thriller with some the most amazing visuals you'll see around along with an insanely catchy opening theme.
    Curious? There's no limits but your own imagination.
    Don't know how to roleplay, but want to learn? Visit Here!

2007 and 2009 Best Writer of TFF and 2009 Most Creative Co-Winner

Minami-ke is not underrated (it has 3 seasons for pete's sake), and neither is Kannazuki no Miko.

What I mean by under rated, I mean unknown. Low on the popularity bar. Diamonds in the rough, if you will.

I'm starting to do anime reviews on youtube, and I want to get the diamonds in the rough out of the way before I get into more... popular stuff.
    Minami-ke isn't very underrated, but I figured that the majority of people here haven't heard of it... If I knew what you were using these suggestions for, I probably wouldn't have even mentioned this one.

Also, I certainly think Kannazuki no Miko is underrated. I thought that Kannazuki no Miko was great, but, for example, on MAL Kannazuki no Miko is ranked at almost 1500. It is certainly better than that. I think some people may not like it because there are a lot of genres covered and a lot of things happening within a small number of episodes, but I think it worked, and it is one of my favorite anime.

I guess I could list a couple more while I'm here.

Shangri-La - I also think that this show is underrated. It certainly isn't the best anime out there, but I enjoyed watching it. The plot was pretty interesting, most of the characters were well developed, and the animation was excellent. I guess it can be a little confusing or over the top at times, but it is still worth watching.

Shion no Ou - This anime is underrated in my opinion too. I don't think that it is underrated by the people who have seen it, but I don't think that that many people have seen it. The plot is good for what it is, and the characters are interesting.

I want to mention Kure-nai too, but that's probably not that underrated.

Also, let me know when you upload some reviews. Knowing you, they would probably be pretty interesting, and I would be glad to watch them.

EDIT:
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromeda
    I own Kannazuki no Miko, which is funny because you see the trailer for it on other DVDs it is Kannazuki no Mike yet the actually DVDs it is Destiny of the Shrine Maiden. But I personally think that they did a very poor job on the cover design. They make it up like this heavily laced Yuri anime with tons of fan service by the way DVD cover it and if you're a little embarrassed about shopping with things that a little suggestive then this would make you hesitate about even picking it up. Yet you open it up and actually play it and then first thing you'll learn is that its a mecha anime, which had me going O_O I love mecha and I would have very much liked to know that there was going to be mecha and pretty much a quarter of the anime and nearly all of the actions scenes. On top of that they make it seem really dirty and fan service-y, but it is actually not at all. There is almost no Yuri scenes and even fewer elements and almost nothing to really warrant making it out to seem like this big fan service fest. It's not, and for a while it just looks like a very odd romance anime that gets regularly party crashed by mechas. Talk about killing the mood ^^;

But seriously, they could have done a lot better to sell for what it is really is. Which is an action, mecha, romance and drama with a light dose of Yuri. I found the story to actually be very good and there are some really good moments in the last part of the series that play up the drama and forbidden romance quite well.

It is certainly underrated, but because they did really bad just with the presentation.
    I agree. I own it too, and the back cover of the box set just makes it look like a very heavy yuri show, and pretty much ignores that one of the main characters is a guy. <_< I showed it to one of my friends too, and they wouldn't watch it because the opening also mispromoted it as being a heavy yuri show. I only remember one scene in the show that might be a little offensive to some viewers, but it was practically essential to the plot.
    Last edited by Treize; 05-01-2010 at 10:48 PM.
    TFF Family:

Blog Entries

I'm actually in the process of reviewing shangri-la. I've seen 18 out of... the rest.
    I need to finish guin saga.

But yeah, thanks for the suggestions. I don't see much stuff for Kure-nai.

Sephiroth's Girl Anime Fanatics Club v2 sephirothsbigfan's Avatar

i don't know of any people that does watch karas the prophecy or karas the revelation not many people know of this anime movie; it might be considered underrated it is actually a pretty good movie series

another one i know of is angel tales only my brother and i know about this i don't know if other people know of this anime series but it is really good and cute so you can check this two out and see if you want to watch it

I am Sephiroth's girl! We will rule over you! Challenge this couple if you dare!

I suppose I'll start a new discussion now, since no one really discussed anime that they thought were underrated...

Mecha won the vote, so we'll talk about mecha for a little bit.

I'm not sure if there is a particular anime that someone wants to discuss, but I guess we could start off with Full Metal Panic! because it involves a lot of the other genres that people voted for too.

Here's a summary of it:

Sousuke Sagara, a seventeen year old military specialist working for the secret organization MITHRIL, has been assigned to protect the latest "Whispered" candidate Kaname Chidori. To complete this task Sousuke will have to deal with enemies from his past as well as the occasional panty thief. Unfortunately for Sousuke, the toughest part of his mission isn't only protecting Miss Chidori but also getting used to living an average High School students life, no easy task for someone raised on the battlefield.

Full Metal Panic! is basically a split between a school, comedy, romance anime and an action, mecha anime. I think that it is a pretty cool anime. It is broken into three seasons. The first season is a mix between the school comedy and the military mecha parts, the second season is just a school comedy, and the third season is basically just action with mecha.

I found the comedy to be a little better done than the action, but it is good all around. The characters are interesting to watch, and the animation is pretty good especially for being made eight years ago in my opinion.

Has anyone else seen this anime and feel like sharing your opinions?

Also, I will need to think a little bit longer to start up another activity. There weren't that many suggestions. The best one was probably a trivia contest, but I feel like if I create trivia questions, it will be a lot like the character guessing contest where no one will participate because there are just so many anime, and not everyone has seen the anime that I will come up with trivia questions for.

If people like this idea, I can come up with some questions, but if no one is going to participate, I don't want to waste my time.

I was thinking about having another character drawing contest too, but it looks like a lot of members here can't or don't really want to draw, so this doesn't seem like it would be a popular option either.

Finally, another option I was thinking about was posting some samples of anime opening and ending songs, and seeing who could guess the most correctly. I kind of like this idea, but again, I'm not really sure if a lot of members would participate...

So, I'm hoping that some of the members will post their opinions about these three options or something else if they feel that there is something better. If I get some feedback, I can start another activity as early as next week.
    TFF Family:

Blog Entries

I'm not sure if there is a particular anime that someone wants to discuss, but I guess we could start off with Full Metal Panic! because it involves a lot of the other genres that people voted for too.
    Full Metal Panic is great. I found it to be very hilarious. Soesuke is so damn uptight. I love when he randomly pulls a gun, or knife on people. The story is very good. I thought the animation quality was great. I wish I could say more, but that is pretty much it. I often ahve anime overloads. I watch to many in a short period of time, and all the stuff goes right through me.

Also, I will need to think a little bit longer to start up another activity. There weren't that many suggestions. The best one was probably a trivia contest, but I feel like if I create trivia questions, it will be a lot like the character guessing contest where no one will participate because there are just so many anime, and not everyone has seen the anime that I will come up with trivia questions for.
    I think a trivia would be ok, but it could become difficult due to the reasons that you mentioned.

I was thinking about having another character drawing contest too, but it looks like a lot of members here can't or don't really want to draw, so this doesn't seem like it would be a popular option either.
    I would participate in a drawing contest, but I am not good at drawing anime characters. If you want me to draw you a sweet ass tattoo i can, but anime is not in my arsenal.

Finally, another option I was thinking about was posting some samples of anime opening and ending songs, and seeing who could guess the most correctly. I kind of like this idea, but again, I'm not really sure if a lot of members would participate...
    This is actually a very good idea. I know that I would certainly participate in this club activity.

I would give you some ideas of my own, but the only thing that I can really think of is trivia.

Blog Entries

Full Metal Panic and Full Metal Panic Second Raid as based off of the Day by Day novels more or less. Anything that I think is involving the action, mecha and whispered storyline in Full Metal Panic is the Day by Day work and was completed with Second Raid, hence the whole End of Day by Day and Continuing of Day by Day episode titles that were in Second Raid.

I believe most of the school comedy bits comes from the manga that is adapted from the light novels that were written before. I only have a few of the manga and none of the light novels, but I did recognize some of the episodes of Fumoffu having been chapters in the manga. There is quite a bit of school comedy bits in the manga that never appeared in the either Full Metal Panic or Fumoffu.

There is just something about Fumoffu that you can watch over and over again and still laugh as hard as you did the first time you watched it. It is probably the funniest anime I own. Which is so strange considering how serious and sometimes dark the rest of the series can be with its Whispered storyline along with the mecha.

Quote Originally Posted by Andromeda View Post
    There is just something about Fumoffu that you can watch over and over again and still laugh as hard as you did the first time you watched it. It is probably the funniest anime I own. Which is so strange considering how serious and sometimes dark the rest of the series can be with its Whispered storyline along with the mecha.
    I agree! I personally like Fumoffu the best out of the three seasons. It is just so funny. It is the funniest anime I own too. I've probably watched it three or four times, and I'm sure I could watch it again right now, andI would still laugh at all the jokes and situations, even if I know they are coming.

The first time I watched this anime, I was a little disappointed with the action and mecha scenes. It had its moments, but overall it wasn't too great, but my opinion about the show changed after I watched the third season. I thought that the action in the third season was a lot better than the action in the first one.

Even though the first season is good, I think the second and third seasons are much better. Does anyone else agree with me?

Also, thanks Josh for giving me your opinion. I'll wait for a few more people to respond before I choose the next activity.
    TFF Family:

Blog Entries

I liked the first season quite a bit and thought that the first fight that Arbalest had was probably the best fight in that 25/26 episode series. The other fights were pretty good, but nothing really compared to the uncertainty, tension and effects that happened. The rest of the fights ended up dying pretty quickly when it was Lamda Driver versus Lamda Driver, the second fight with Venom in Helmagiestan (or however it's spelled) was really fast though the fight with Zihed (spelling again) was a really fight fight. The third Venom fight on the island was not really much and the fourth Venom fight was too crowded inside the hanger of the TDD to actually be really good. The comedy though still remained very solid in the first season, but Fumoffu amp'd it up several times over.

Second Raid is an action show so if it failed on action that'd be rather bad. There was almost no comedy to speak of in the show. It was all focused on combat and mecha action. So I think that probably helped out a bit, plus have some new foes that were even more of a handful than Garon helped out a bit too. There is also the whole 5 Venom fight in like 2 minutes as well.

And I can draw anime, it just quite a bit of time to do so.

attempting to bribe the Mayor of Lambeth Anime Fanatics Club v2 Xanatos's Avatar

I suppose I'll start a new discussion now, since no one really discussed anime that they thought were underrated...

Mecha won the vote, so we'll talk about mecha for a little bit.

Yes, I voted for mecha, I think. Anyways, nice choice, Full Metal Panic! has to be one of of my favorite anime series in general, not just mecha. Love every aspect of it, though humor more than anything. One thing I would like to add, more of personal preference, still, Full Metal Panic has probably one of the best opening songs I've ever heard, downloaded that shit the first time I heard it. As for Second Raid and Fumoffu, never seen them but in all honesty this would be the first time I've heard of them.

As for underrated anime series, honestly I don't know, don't keep track what kind of reviews, scores a specific anime gets nor how popular it is. but if I had to chose one it would be Erementar Gerad.

If people like this idea, I can come up with some questions, but if no one is going to participate, I don't want to waste my time.

So, I'm hoping that some of the members will post their opinions about these three options or something else if they feel that there is something better. If I get some feedback, I can start another activity as early as next week.
    I for once would prefer another drawing contest, though I'm fine with the other ones you mentioned. The one where I would suck really hard is your newest one, can't say that I listen to many anime songs. But don't worry, whichever you chose I'll participate, you can bet on that.

Sig and Avy made by Unknown Entity

Learner Anime Fanatics Club v2 CloudTide's Avatar

Anime
    How Long-9 years
    Favorite-Gurren Lagann
    Manga
    How Long-1 year
    Favorite-Gundam SEED
    I own no manga or anime because i read and watch all of it from the library
    First anime i watched was MegaMan NT Warrior when i was about 4 years old
    Just started reading manga when my friend told me about it a year ago
    Last edited by CloudTide; 05-16-2010 at 05:19 PM.
    ~ Victus per Veneratio ~

Quote Originally Posted by CloudTide View Post
    Anime
    How Long-5 years
    Favorite-Gurren Lagann
    Manga
    How Long-1 year
    Favorite-Gundam SEED
    I own no manga or anime because i read and watch all of it from the library
    I take it you want to join? Okay, I'll approve you.

Also, unfortunately there are a couple members that I'm going to say are removed from the club because they have not contributed in any way. If they want to rejoin, they can PM saying that they want to participate in the club again and possibly a short explanation of why they haven't contributed at all. (Doubt it will happen, though. )

Terra Branford
    TigermusiQ

I'll start the new anime today too, since I might not have a chance to get on tomorrow. (I'm going on an architectural tour of Chicago! )

I think this week will be Neon Genesis Evangelion. Everyone has seen this, right? I thought it was good, but maybe hyped up a little too much. Some parts still don't make sense to me, but that might just be because I watched it a while ago already. So, what are your opinions on the show? I would rather not start off the discussion, so I'll let someone else have the honor. =P

EDIT: I didn't think I needed to put a description, but if someone needs one, I can copy paste one from somewhere. lol
    Last edited by Treize; 05-16-2010 at 05:32 PM.
    TFF Family:

Blog Entries

I watched Shattered Angels last week and found out that it was made by the same person that did Kannazuki no Miko and Steel Angel Kurumi, which has references to both series and others in there. It was a little weird trying to figure out why I was seeing Kannazuki no Miko characters in Shattered Angels at first, but the wikipedia page helped to clear up matters for me. Though I think the guy doing it really likes mecha because he'll put that into everything he does regardless of whether it seems to fit or not. Turns a school life romance into a mecha action show.

But I have definitely seen Evangelion, I own the platinum edition of the series, The End of Evangelion and Evangelion 1.01 You Are (Not) Alone. I've only watched the series a few times since it is something you need your mind turned on completely for to absorb and enjoy not to mention it is completely screwed up.

My best friend, who I'm trying to get into anime, knows of the series and flat out told me not to bring out. It sort of made me a little sad refusing to watch one of the classics of anime even if people over hype it to all belief. Need to be more open minded about these things.

The truth of Evangelion is that you're never going to understand all of it. Unless the man who made the series writes a detail by detail accounting of the series in a book and sells it; we'll never know everything or fully understand what is going on. Nearly all of the religious references made in the show require an above average knowledge of religion and in general borrow heavily from mythology based on religions which the religions themselves may or may not actually consider part of their established material.

If you have the Platinum edition or get the chance to they will help to fill you in on some of the details that are just really obscure. These are like things of where the character is currently standing holding some important religious significance in religious symbol that was designed into the room. It is those sort of just totally obscure pieces that no one will even get without be told directly. The commentaries and extras on the DVDs really help to provide more answers.

I think the rebuilding of Evangelion project will also help to redefine Evangelion in a much more understandable light than anything the previous works have done. I totally did not even understand the ending until I watched the movie End of Evangelion, listened to the commentary and then rewatched it with all of that context in place. Then again I could have been really sleepy since I was probably binge watching anime like I do. Which probably illustrates my point of needing to be totally wake to be able to watch Evangelion.

Evangelion is pretty cool, but there are times when I get really annoyed with anime that start to not make sense at all half the time. For example, I just finished watching Ergo Proxy, and there were quite a few episodes that didn't even seem to make sense. (Game show episode among others...) Evangelion was probably three times as bad, and I get annoyed when even the general plot itself doesn't seem to make sense sometimes. I know I'm not that stupid to not even understand what's happening. (I hope!) I start to wonder how people can like it so much if it is near impossible to understand what's going on sometimes. I sometimes think that it might be a fault of the anime because the creators couldn't explain the story in a way that the audience could comprehend. Maybe that's just my opinion. I still have to watch the movies, so that might have something to do with it too.

Andromeda, did you like Shattered Angels or think that it was about the same quality as Kannazuki no Miko? I watched the first couple episodes, and it didn't seem that interesting, so I stopped. I wonder if I was missing out now that you bring it up again. ><
    TFF Family:

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast