Well the rules for this forum are quite old from some stand points. I've been satisfied with them since I've taken over the forum from Yuna the previous mod of this forum. Sadly Yuna is no longer here, but I do share her love for RPing and keeping this forum alive and great. Unfortunately, the forum has falling on bad times. The RPs we do have are certainly solid and for this I am pleased.

In the first step to providing some new attention and life the forum I'm going to be updating the rules and redefining a few points. In all it will be the same rules as before as they are not bad or wrong, just needing a little cleaning to make them shiny again. Apart from that I'll be re-enforcing some points which seemed to have gone ignored.

So then, lets run down the rules. I'll be taking Yuna's rules and polishing them as I said. So here we go.

First the rules in their simplest form, I will go into more detail on each rule afterwards.

1. No signatures.
2. No spamming.
3. No God-Modding.
4. No Hijacking or posting in other's threads.
5. Remain in character in the RP Forum.
6. No harassing other members.
7. All Roleplaying styles are accepted.
8. No doubling posting.
9. No solo RPing.
10. No asterisks for actions.
11. Have fun and enjoy yourself.

Now the detailed rules, these are the same as above, but explained to you.

1. No signatures are allowed in the RP Forum or OoC Forum. Currently, we have a system in place that automatically removes your signatures. However, always remember to turn them off anyway. Why you ask? Because at times we do have forum wide updates/changes/maintenance or otherwise general problems that play with the natural order of things. And this can result in that system that removes your signature being disabled. If it does I won't retroactively warn people, but I will warn people for failure to notice after the event as occurred. Do remember if I know what is happening with the forums I may not tell, but if I do or don't warn someone on this rule I have my reason. If you feel there are problems naturally PM me.

2. Do not post spam. Spam in the RP Forums and OoC Forums hold a different meaning than in other forums. What will get you warned for spam in the rest of the forums certainly holds true. Don't post a single word or even 6 words. However, this is a forum based on writing. As such the standards for a post length are higher. Writing a simple sentence even two is not enough for the RP Forum. You must have at the least a full paragraph of five sentences. But due remember that is the minimum and if I see that is all you will do, I will warn you for spam. I can accept short posts infrequently, but if you can't manage a few paragraphs regularly you need to set down and work harder. That is a spamming. In the OoC Forum it is a little lighter, but a single sentence is still not acceptable I will warn for it.

3. No god modding is allowed period. This covers a lot of types of things, general though it means you can't control another person's character in to doing story altering or character altering events. This is a story, so you are allow to write dialogue and move a person through a street or forest, etc. But when it comes to a fight or dilemmia you have to let the owner of the character write. The only exception to this is if you worked with the owner together and have their permission, which you will need to say in the OoC thread or post as a OoC. Remember God modding in the RP and RPB forums are completely different.

4. You are not allowed to post in another person's RP or OoC thread if you are not part of the group RPing or not trying to join. If neither of these cases are true then you will be warned for posted where you do not belong. This is like the journals, you don't post in other people's journals and you don't post in other people's RPs if you are not a part of them or trying to join them. Simple.

5. Remember to remain in character at all times in the RP threads and forums. All out of character posting should be done in the OoC thread, that is why we have them. If you have something very, very brief to say you may do so in the thread, but keep it short. Example would be: (OoC: Sorry for the delay, but I had family troubles.) Short and sweet and would otherwise be spam in the OoC. Then you can post the rest.

6. Do not harass other members. If you don't like what they are doing or you think they are do something wrong do not enter their threads. You PM me about the problem or report it and I will handle it. That is why I am here.

7. Any Roleplaying style is accepted here. So if you want to do a light hearted comedy then you may. If you just want to have a two person RP about getting our of your apartment and to school, then by all means have at it. Roleplaying knows no limits and I don't want you to limit yourself. It is not all about epic fantasies. Enjoy yourself in whatever manner you can.

8. Do not double post in the forums ever. The only time it is allowed is when you exceed the character limit for a post, which stands at 50,000 characters (letters and spaces). Otherwise, if you have more to say then edit your post. I allow certain double posting if significant periods of time have passed, but I will judge them on an individual basis.

9. You can't solo RP. That sort of defeats the purpose of the forum. If you want to write alone, we have a literature forum for that. Solo RPing is simply not allowed.

10. Asterisks are strictly forbidden from use in this forum for the purpose of shortcuting actions. Example: *cries* *shrugs* *falls over* These are all examples and all forbidden. If I see these I will warn you for this. If you have an action write it out in full and describe it.

11. Enjoy yourself and have fun. We are here to entertain, not be super serious writers. It might look like it, but we are only here because we are having fun doing something, even if it is serious. So have fun and play around. Just don't forget the rules.

These are Yuna's rules if you are surprised or think some were added, check for yourself. These have always been here, I just updated them.

The remainder of Yuna's post is covered more thoroughly in other threads we have stickied so I will leave them out. Remember have fun and do not be afraid to try anything. As long as you are roleplaying a character you can do anything that you want. These does include social and casual RPs.

So have fun.