Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Role Play Forum Rules

The Old Skool Warrior Role Play Forum Rules LocoColt04's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I moved them into a new thread in the RPB forum. You can find it here. I felt we were getting way too off-topic for discussion here in the RP forum.

Vale
    I'm curious, what is the highest content rating an Rp can go up to?
    Last edited by Vale; 09-15-2006 at 09:13 PM.

The Quiet One Role Play Forum Rules Andromeda's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I'm guessing you are meaning how explicit things are allow to get. The general rule would be PG-13, but you are able to go to R. But sex is the primary thing you would leave out. It can happen, but no details, nothing that great. It can be romantic, but if you go on for paragraphs and things, no this is a family friendly forum. But I do access that things will happen within good taste and common sense.

If you want to be safe, just keep in PG-13 and then you will have nothing to worry about.

Vale
    Yes, that is what I mean, thank you.
    I usually make things at least at a PG-16 Level, do you think that would be ok?

Blog Entries
    You should be fine, if have questions about what you have then you can just ask me. Considering that you are consciously asking and thinking about it, I doubt you will have any troubles. I moderate here, if you were not aware, so just ask.

Magically Delicous Role Play Forum Rules Merlin's Avatar
    Well if you plan on doing anything R-rated, it should be noted boldly at the top of your post so people know what they are getting themselves into.

It can be as simple as the following: Disclaimer: This post contains sexual innuendo and extreme violence. Viewer discretion is advised.

I for example have written things that were extremely graphic in violence, but I clearly noted it as such. On the downside, I wouldn't recommend posting too much R-rated stuff anyway without first asking a moderator and the people participating in the RP. Its a quick way to get booted from a RP if the creator doesn't like that kind of stuff. Its always good to ask. ^_^

EDIT: The worst types of things to graphically describe are things like rape and racial attacks. It pretty much offends everyone.

can u only make 1 rp at a time

Blog Entries
    No you can make more than one, I would suggest not making more than 3 of your own. While there is not completely direct rule saying you cannot, I would prefer than you do not simply because managing that many is too much for most people.

Role Play Forum Rules Yunie Lover's Avatar
    Umm I did an RPG but I don't use the OOC what's that?

Lady Succubus Role Play Forum Rules Victoria's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    ...OOC is OOC. Just what it is. "Out of Character". It's a thread you make to plan the RP and make a sign-up thread to have people sign up and such.

what do you have to do if you want to join in on a role-play that is already going on? Do you send a private message to the person who started it to ask permission and such? Can you jsut read through some and post some comments like in normal theads, or do you have to be a member of that story (or something like that)?

Blog Entries
    It depends on the RP, some are invite only or club only. Those you would need to be a member of the club or PM asking to join before even posting in the OoC thread. The rest you would post in the OoC thread asking if you can join it and post a character possibly, or wait to post your character until you are allowed to join. Always check the OoC thread first though.

I know now that there isn't really a limit to the number of rps one person can be running, but is there a limmit to the number of rps you are active or involved in? I was kind of looking around the OOC ideas and I'm interested in wuite a few. Is is alright for me to join like 3?

HRH Albha Role Play Forum Rules Aerif's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Yes, there used to be a limit to the number you could start, but I don't think there was ever a limit to the number you could join.

You can join many RPs but you've got to remember that it can be hard to commit yourself to more than one RP!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2