Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Pulling of Puppets Strings

“South. That is where I must go. The land of fire, I hear they have great shinobi. There maybe I can regain my glory. There I can become stronger. There I can justify myself. They won’t take on a Jounin like me as a teacher, but I can at least get better missions. So that settles it. I must no longer be a slave to this place. I must not hold myself in the pain and anguish of my past. Leaving this place, I will find myself a new place to call home.” Sitting at his desk with a map of the continents geography, he places a tack on the map. This mark is placed on Konoha itself.

Zhane gets up in his room. He looks out his window to the waterfall in the middle of the village. A light breeze comes over the town. His curtains begin to bellow in his room. He knows that tomorrow will start a journey that will bring him back to a path he has longed for. He takes his black fingerless gloves off his hands, and he places them on the desk.

As he turns from the window he begins to get undressed. A shower always relaxes his body before he sleeps. He walks into the shower room with his pants and boots on still. He turns the shower on. The water begins to cause a fog in the room. His mirror is covered in the condensation. He shuts the door as he walks back into his bedroom. The steam climbs out from under the door. The fog’s fingertips dance across the wall as it climbs to the roof.

As he removes the rest of his articles, he sits on his bed. There is no sound in the village. There far off waterfall can be heard. It’s crashing momentum sounds like a low drum in the mind of its citizens as they sleep. This village is comfortable to those who live there. The sound of nature places such a rest on everyone. They don’t have worries, they don’t have cares. Peace in this village and land is evident.

The shinobi walks into his shower. He cleanses his body as well as his mind. The water hits his hair and trickles down his face. His scarred hands run across his body as he rubs soap across his muscles. He gently rubs his hair to work the shampoo in it. His black and purple hair sits tightly to his scalp as his rubs the shampoo back. He places His head under the shower head. The foam from his body and hair floats down the drain.

He turns the water off. He walks through the fog of the room to grab a towel. He dries himself and discards the towel into a hamper. He walks into his bedroom. The steam that was in the shower bellows out into his room. The fog dances around like a dream. Captivating him, he lays in his bed watching the fog slide out the window. The fog is lifted.

Zhane lies in his bed. “Tomorrow, I start my journey. I will encounter many things. I know the journey will not be easy, but it will be fun.” The thought of danger and perils always put a nice feeling in his chest. The challenges are nothing to worry about. Things can always be overcome. This talented shinobi knows that. He turns on his side and closes his eyes. His final sleep in this place, the last time he will call this small apartment his home. He dreams of nothing. The excitement of the next day is too much for him to have any dreams. His mind is only set on the task ahead of him.

Pulling of Puppets Strings cetra_aeris's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    "Mother? Why are we packing?" A little girl said curiously as she put a shirt into a bag. Her dark hair looked similar to her mother's yet in her mother's eyes she only reminded her of her father. The one that never really came to visit anymore, the one that none of the villagers talked about, and the one that Shira so dearly adored in her young age.

"Because sweetie..." A woman said, nearly the spitting image of the child yet her eyes were full of sorrow and her hands shook even as she packed her own things. "Mommy misses her home, and we'll come back to visit. Besides, you'll like it in Konoha."

The little girl frowned and looked up at her mother. Her eyes were dark, almost black, unlike her mother's cool blue ones. "But mother.... What about Daddy?"

That statement almost brought Kira to her knees. Her daughter didn't understand now, and she didn't want her to know what had broken her and made her want to leave her long time home. So instead she put on a smile and patted little Shira's head. "Don't worry hunny... Daddy will know where we are, he'll come visit if he gets time."

~~

But her mother had lied, her father had never come to visit after they moved. Always Shira had sat as a child, looking out her window hoping to see her father coming to the door. He was the one had made her so determined to become a ninja. She had wanted to show him so badly that she was strong, yet she never seemed to have got the chance.

As Shira had grew older she came to realize the truth, that her mother had never told her father where they had went. Moving, that had been one thing. Sure Shira might have had friends, and of course she didn't want to leave, but she could get past that. She'd known that even as a child.

No, her mother had flat left in cowardence and hadn't even told her own daughter the truth. The fact that someone she had trusted had lied so dilebertly to her had made her grow colder as the years moved on.

Now, at 16, Shira didn't have any friends. She only had Aquaintences or comrades, never friends. She now thought them a waste of time, considering friends had always pulled her away from what she needed to be doing anyway.

~~

"Shira! Come over and play!" A young boy said. Shira was sitting next to a tree, staring intently at something. She hadn't played with them for some time and the boy was excited that she had come outside. Him and few other children stood to the side.

"Shira! Come on, we're playing tag!" Said a little girl. Shira turned then, and stood. Her eyes were downcast. For a 12 year old child, her look had an odd and older understanding in it.

A small smirk played her lips as she answered their pleas. "Tag is a childs game. I have more important things to do than waste my time with people I barely know." She said before turning back to where she'd been crouching before. The blue light of Chakra glowed from her fingers and she moved her hands, mimicking the hand sign that had been etched into her memory by her father.

~~

Kicking a stray rock, Shira let out a sigh. Walking around the village was boring. She needed something to do. Training was out of the question right now, and she didn't really feel up to it anyway.

She wanted something worth her time, a misson perhaps? She stopped where she was walking in the street and stretched. She looked around her to see exactly where she was at.

She turned, realizing she was a ways from the hokage manor, where she'd have to go in order to get a misson or something to do. Annoyed at herself as well as at the distance, Shira began walking back down the way she'd came. Her feet made small noise on the ground compared to the others around her. All these people, all of them, had taken them in. Her and her mother, and though they knew her mother they had known nothing of her, and they had never tried to learn.

Once as a child, she had asked her mother why no one was allowed to know who her father was. Her mother had told her then that it was because her father liked to keep his secrets. Sometimes, with the way her mother talked she wondered if somehow her father had died.

Walking down the street she passed faces she'd grown familar with over the past 5 years that she'd lived in Konoha. She often found herself wondering how her life would have been like had she been able to live out her life in the Cloud village. Would she have still had to hide so many things about herself? Would she have been able to see her father more? What kind of ninja would she have been?

Turning her thoughts away, Shira let herself watch the ground. She saw no point in thinking about the past. Yet, even as she chided her self, she knew that she would always feel trapped in Konoha. Even if her loyalties lied in Konoha, her heart was unsure of where to lay it's trust, or even what to feel.
    Last edited by cetra_aeris; 10-08-2007 at 03:37 PM.

Morning Always Comes Pulling of Puppets Strings Xeim's Avatar
    Kusinada sighed and looked down at the map Hanako had given her. It was beautiful- the girl had obviously put a lot of work into it. The map, clearly titled, 'The Hokage Mansion,' gave a detailed description of the layout of the building. Hanako had even inserted the color scheme into the picture! And, while the green was becoming nauseating, Kusinada greatly appreciated the girl's work.

“Time to explore!” Kusinada laughed to herself, and set off down the hallway outside of Hanako's room at a run.

~*~

The town of Konohagakure was large and colorful. Kusinada was amazed once again by the difference between it and Otogakure. Buildings were painted in a plethora of colors- red, orange, navy blue. It seemed happy, just like the Hokage himself. Kusinada felt, for the first time, that she belonged.

A gentle wind swept down the street where she stood. Kusinada closed her eyes and allowed her arms to drift out from her sides. It was probably a strange sight- a young girl standing with her arms thrust out in the middle of Main Street, but Kusinada didn't care. She was finally herself in the place she should have been all along.

The breeze passed, and Kusinada opened her eyes. She allowed a soft smile to grace her lips as she watched people go about their daily business. The entire town was like a family- they all worked together to make it through the day. She was part of that family now.

The sun was lower in the sky than Kusinada realized. Dusk was only a few hours away.

'I better hurry if I want to get a feel for the town before dinner!'

For the next hour and a half, Kusinada excitedly went window shopping. She looked at clothes stores, weapons stores, and her favorite, food shops. Of course, she didn't stop at the windows for these. She just couldn't resist the temptation of the sweet goodies behind the walls of candy stores or bakeries.

Finally though, she had run out of stores. It was quite unfair in her mind, as she wanted to keep shopping forever. She still had an hour or so until dinner, however, so she decided to explore the alleys and residential areas of the village. She was determined to see all there was to see of the beautiful ninja village in the Land of Fire.

~*~

Kusinada was walking down an alley in the more run down section of town when it happened.

She walked into a drawing. Before her stood the building in Hanako's wrecked sketch. But, Kusinada realized, something was different. It was…cleaner somehow. The setting sun cast its rays elegantly into the freshly painted walls. It was a beautiful sight, and yet, at the same time there was something extremely wrong with it. What in the world was going on here?

Kusinada stood still for a moment, and stared at the almost ethereal sight. Then, all at once, the image was shattered and the drawing was no more. The sun and most of the building had been blotted out by a massive amount of…

Dust.

Kusinada jumped back, even though she was well out of the range of the thick cloud. She was not surprised to see a feminine figure emerge from the house- coughing- moments later. The person doubled over for a moment from the intensity of the dust, before they straightened out and spotted Kusinada. This person had silky black hair and pale skin.

“Konnichiwa! ” the woman- or man, Kusinada was quite unsure at this point- called out.

“Uhm, konnichiwa ,” Kusnada called back. “What exactly's going on here?”

“Renovation,” the person called out before they leaned over to cough again.

“Wow, really? It looks like…fun!” she laughed.

“Uhm, if you want to put it that way, I suppose.”

“I'm Kusinada by the way!”

“Manami,” the person replied simply.

'Manami…well, that doesn't help with the gender confusion…' She began to inspect the person, and hoped to take in every little detail. Black hair, feminine figure, and green eyes. They wore a purple kimono. Kusinada's mind wanted desperately to decide that the person was female, but something didn't fit. She- or he- just didn't seem female. His (she decided) mannerisms and speaking patterns seemed male.

“Forgive my rudeness, but…are you in fact a man?” Kusinada inquired cautiously.
    Last edited by Xeim; 10-09-2007 at 06:59 PM.

The morning air drifts acroos Zhane room. The moon still shining as if it was a morning sun. Zhane's lack of sleep doesn't bother him. He has trained not to need things like sleep and sustinace incase of long recon missons. Zhane sits up in his bed and looks towards his bokken and Naginata. With their purple and black art shimmering in the moonlight, it dances across the items like a black canopy with holes punched in it. Rising out of his bed he puts his attire on. He covers his hands with his gloves. Rolling a blanket with a few changes of clothes, he places his bokken strap atop it. This forms a makeshift back pack. Grabbing his Naginata, he walks out of his room down the hall.

" Zhane, Where are you going?" A young woman with dark black hair and red eyes that pierce like blades." you can't leave us. You know aswell as I do that you are the best ninja we have, and if you leave this place will fall apart. Yeah I know the townsfolk and advisors are tough on you, but they do it out of protection for you. They don't want another situation to come up like the last one, and you fall apart."

Zhane shuts the door to his room while turning his back on the girl. "Raica, they don't trust me, and they never will. You say they protect me , and they need me. If they wanted to protect me , they would have not treated me this bad. If they really think I'm such a great ninja, they wouldn't need to protect me from the horrors of battle. If we were attacked, they wouldn't call on me. They think I'm weak, and that I will fall apart when the weight of the world is on my shoulders. The thing is more weight has burdened me since the tradgedy happened because they wouldn't allow me to continue on with my life."

Raica walks towards him." This is your home. Nothing will change that. No one will forget who you are or what has happened. Everyone won't let you get on with your life because you haven't accepted the fact that you failed. Don't go. Not this way. Do you want the people to remeber you as a coward or a hero?"

" Yeah i failed. I'm no coward. I'm no hero. I'm just another face in the crowd.I'm leaving. This will be our last conversation. If you need me, I am in the village of Konoha. I will come back if something happens. Tell everyone I am going to become a better man, not just a better ninja." Zhane begins walking down the hallways and turns towards the stairs. He raises his hand with a wave and give a smile.

He couldn't drag her into this. He has loved that girl since they trained as Genin together. The games they played as children begin to flash into his head as he walks down the stairs. Everything had played out like they said it would when they were children. He became a great ninja, and she was always by his side no matter what. He never told her how he felt though. No matter how strong he was he never was strong enough to let her know his emotions. He didn't have to tell her though. She knew. Everyone knew. She also had feelings for him too, but after the accident he changed. He became a shell. He withdrew to himself and never let her in. If she had only been there after he got back from his mission, maybe just maybe things would be better.

" Zhane, I never blamed you for what happened to my sister and your friend. You did as your were taught. Complete a mission before worrying about others. No matter how hard i tried to get to you though you always pulled away. Now your leaving, and starting over. What will become of us will I be just a memory." Raica says to herself as Zhane walks away.

Zhane makes it out of his apartment building and heads down the main street of Takigakure. The road leads suth straight to the Land of fire. From there Zhane will go to Konoha looking for the Hokage. If he is turned down there, he may just become a rouge ninja. DOing whatever he can to make a name for himself and to put him back on the map and get his head right.

Hanako stood in her room staring at herself in the mirror. She didn’t like what she saw. Her kimono looked so heavy: as if she was carting around a bunch of sweaters underneath it. And her hair looked hideous tied up the way it was. Hanako didn’t understand. She had been fine with her appearance just a few hours ago, but now... now…

Now….

“Hmm…” Hanako murmured. “Ah well, I suppose I should get ready for dinner. Dad wanted me to help him cook tonight…”

Which means he wants more than ramen, even if he doesn't want to admit it. Peculiar.

Hanako lifted the skirt of her kimono so that she could walk more easily, and shuffled out of the room. What would she make for dinner tonight? How many people would be there? She supposed she should include Raiden in her numbers just in case. So, that was her father and mother, herself, Kusinada, and Raiden. Five people. Hanako decided it would be a good idea to make enough food for six. After all, you never know who might drop in…. or who might turn out to be a pig.

But what should she make? Even as she entered the kitchen, Hanako didn’t have an answer. She herself would’ve been fine with a salad or two, but that wouldn’t satisfy the others. The kitchen was smaller than most rooms in the house, but it still had two segments. The one Hanako was in now could only be described as the pantry. Foods of all sorts overflowed on the shelves, though the majority of them were ramen. There was also a huge refrigerator and freezer that held much more than what was already apparent. The lighting was dim, and the door to the other section of the kitchen stood on Hanako’s right. Hanako didn’t want to enter. The memory of that morning was still fresh; she didn’t know if she could handle the venture inside.

“Hinata…” Hanako heard a whisper come from around the corner. “Heh, today’s been pretty weird, hasn’t it?”

“Uhm, yes I suppose it has.” Hinata almost chuckled.

“Just before I came back…I received a report….” Naruto started, and he sounded kind of distant and upset.

“W-what is it, N-naruto-kun?”

“No, never mind.” He paused, and Hanako could almost see the legendary grin spread across his face. “Tonight’s a night for celebration! A member of the legendary Uchiha clan has returned home! Break out the ramen!”

Hinata sighed, and Hanako chuckled.

---
    “RAMEN!!!!” screeched Naruto a few minutes later.

“Uhm, Dad…you do know that our guest might….perhaps….want…” Hanako started, but failed.

“Who wouldn’t want ramen?! It’s a sin to not want to indulge yourself in the sweetness of ramen!!”

“Did Sasuke like ramen?” It was an honest question. Hanako had no intention of provoking her father. She thought that by feeling out Kusinada’s father’s tastes, perhaps she could figure out Kusi- chan’s own. But it was the wrong question. Naruto always got upset at the mention of his old friend. But they were just that, friends. Sometimes, friends just have to leave, and the people they leave behind have to adapt. It’s not like they were lovers or something…right?

Hanako looked over at her father, blushed, and quickly dismissed the thought before she ended up embarrassing herself.

“Hanako?” Naruto asked.

“Mhm…”

“Maybe we should have more than ramen.”

“Alright, Dad.”

“Hanako? What do you like?”

“Heh, I think we should be thinking about Kusinada more than me,” Hanako giggled.

Naruto looked over at her, and for a few moments all he could bring himself to do was stare. His daughter had just uttered a whole sentence without stuttering once. And then, after the passage of those few moments, all Naruto could do was stutter. “Y-yeah, of course.”

“Oh! I know! We could have a stir fry!”

“Hm…well, I suppose since there are still noodles in it….”

“Then it’s decided!”

---

Hanako peered out the window. She had just finished cooking the meal, and was pulling bowls and chopsticks out of the cupboards for the table. It was beautiful outside, and the last rays of sunlight were just beginning to disappear beneath the horizon. The evening calm that usually fell over Konoha was beginning. Hanako sighed, took a deep breath, and went out of the kitchen to set the table. Kusinada and Raiden would be home soon.

“Hanako!” Naruto called. “I found stuff for sushi! Want me to cook some up?”

“I thought you hated sushi?” she responded as she set the first of the bowls on the table.

“Sa- Kusinada might like it.”

“Alright then, if you know what you’re doing.” She began to mutter. “Ramen, stir fry, and sushi. Not much of a variety between the first two, just a presence or absence of vegetables…he better make the sushi good….” She paused in setting down chopsticks. “Make sure you know what you’re doing, Dad!!”

“Hai!” he yelled back sarcastically.

Hanako sighed.

Then, the door to the mansion opened. Hanako heard it all the way in the dinning room, which was a few rooms away. “Hanako-sensei!!” called a feminine, goofy voice. “Hanako-sensei! I brought someone over for dinner! I know I should’ve asked but-”

It was Kusinada of course. Hanako was so excited she was finally back she could hardly contain herself. “Oh yes, of course that’s alright! Come in, come in!” She was almost jumping up and down by now. Kusinada and her guest would have to pass through the kitchen to get to the dining room, so Hanako stood facing the door anxiously.

“Kusinada! Welcome back!” she heard her father call. And then, “AH! Oh, wait not Haku. Hey Manami. Almost made me drop my knife here…” And the rest was trademark Naruto grumbling. Hanako chuckled and entered the kitchen, since it seemed as if Kusinada wasn’t going to enter the dining room now, from Naruto’s distraction. She was also curious to see this person Kusinada had brought back with her. Was she making that many friends already? Hanako felt a little put off, as if she wouldn’t matter much now that Kusinada had other friends. But Kusinada’s smile dismissed the thoughts.

“Hanako-sensei!! It’s so good to be back! Are you feeling better?” Hanako had almost forgotten that just a few hours earlier she had been so exhausted that she could barely move.

“Hai. Arigato.” Hanako replied quietly.

“Oh c’mon Hanako! You have to scream it! Let the world know you’re feeling good. Ready? On three-“ But she was interrupted by Naruto’s incredulous stare.

“You sure you’re an Uchiha?”

“Of course! You want me to prove it?” Kusnada cheered, and her eyes began to turn red.

“No no no! I just- well, you’re not apathetic, while being unreasonably possessive at the same time, or mentally unstable with a stick up your butt, so-”

That was it. Hanako couldn’t keep herself from laughing, and apparently, neither could Manami. The two laughed uncontrollably for the next few minutes, while Naruto and Kusinada just kind of stood frozen, rooted to the spot. Eventually though, Kusinada started giggling as well. “I wasn’t raised as an Uchiha.”

“Tch. That doesn’t mean you’re not mentally unstable. Or a lying, cheating bastard like your uncle and father.” That of course, was Raiden.

Everyone had finally assembled.

Lady Succubus Pulling of Puppets Strings Victoria's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    “Forgive my rudeness, but.. are you in fact a man?” Kusinada queried.

I wonder how she knew... I guess it must be a radar women have. Even the woman at the store knew I was a guy...

Manami raised a brow and smiled. He bowed and clapped softly as he cleared his throat.

“Haku Manami, Male, Eighteen. At your service. I have to commend you for correctly guessing my gender. Usually I get mistaken for a female. Although, that seems to only happen with men most of the time.” He coughed the last of the dust from his lungs and stepped out of the range of dust from his apartment.

“I'm sorry for all of this dust, by the way. I'm almost done cleaning the apartment. But I decided to take a small break.” His face glistened from the sweat and dust that traveled around his residence. He took a deep breath and let out an exhausted sigh.

“Why did you decide this point in time to take a break, Haku-kun?” she wondered.

“Well, I figured it was a good time to wash up and relax my body. I can only clean for so long before I get tired, you know. I've been at it since I got here, pretty much. And that was during the morning, and look at the time it is now.” he calmly smiled and tilted his head as his stomach rumbled.

Kusinada raised a brow and Manami sweatdropped. “I suppose you've grown hungry, too, hmm?”

“You noticed? Heheh...” Manami scratched the back of his head.

Kusinada walked past him and turned her body back toward him with her head up in the air and her hands tucked behind her.

“I guess I've got no choice but to invite you to dinner, then.” she glanced down at him and smiled.

“Really? That would be nice,” Manami smiled back and bowed and caught up with her. “So, let's be on our way. I'm sure the food is being prepared as we stand here idly.”

“Most likely.” Kusinada nodded and lead Manami to the Hokage Mansion to where the feast would be served.

Registered User Pulling of Puppets Strings Lady Rika's Avatar
    The bird cried out loudly as it was forced into the cage, its ebony black wings thrashing against the tiny cage walls. Raiden stared at it, annoyed but he didn’t speak a word. With out slow wave of his hand he began to cast Genjutsu on the terrified nightingale. Soon after many begging cries the bird hushed, sitting on the tiny sill that stretched across the cage. Raiden was satisfied enough with that though he knew he would had to use some sort of technique to get the wild bird to stay still for him. It had only taken him minutes to catch the beautiful creature it was a very lucky animal Yes indeed, the bird had made two little deep tear marks in the deep crevasse below his thumb. He would have taken its life but it was just so breathtaking he had to draw it.

Raiden sat his sisters now empty sketch pad in his lap and readied himself. The charcoal pencil he was using was aged and ready to fall apart but until then he would continue to use it. He loved the way the deep strokes make the birds wings seem alive; with every curve he depicted every little feather on the tiny nightingales breast and wings. Time seemed to pass slowly for him; though he liked it at times he sometimes wished that he could have his own time. Away from everyone, his father, mother, sister–everyone! If only for this village which he swore to protect with his very life; if not for that he would have been gone ages ago. ‘What do I have here?’ He thought angrily, ‘One half of my family doesn’t accept me at all while the other is only my foolish father!’ If anything he felt some respect for his father for being such a wonderful leader to Konoha and its people. But his mother and sister were something else…they held him back and kept his anger to a boil. Just their faces made him want to scream.

His deep sea blue eye gazed upon what he now had; the body was lightly outlined but the feathers and wings were finished, the head partly done. He just couldn’t get its eyes right, were they too small? Too big he wasn’t sure but he knew he would think it over during dinner…which he was forced to go too.

He sighed, knowing that now was the time to go downstairs and eat the slop that the new ‘guest’ had prepared. ‘Hmff, guest what a joke. More like freeloader.’ He seethed setting his sketch pad down along with the pencil to rest on his bed. The bird would be fine, he’d cast Jutsu upon other animals to get them to be still for him. That was sometimes the only way to do it. Streching, Raiden got off of his bed and went downstairs. He passed the hallway were his sisters crumbled up papers were. They were gone now showing only the clean and lonely flooring. He snorted, walking around his home sometimes made him think of humorous little thoughts. ‘Sometimes I think a balloon filled with crimson dye had exploded all around the house. Leaving it in the color of blood.

When Raiden reached downstairs he wasn’t surprised by the loud uproar of people talking. There might not have been many people there at the house but it was still rather boisterous and he hated that trait in people. He took a seat farther away from the others, a servant came and put a plate in front of him then walked away to do some other chore.
    Raiden looked down at the food and huffed, he refused to eat even just a small nibble.
    Naruto watched him carefully but tried to make it not noticeable. Though Raiden saw him of course, his blind eye was no fool. And his senses had grown slightly since his sight had left his one eye completely. So he ignored his father just as he did everyday, night and holiday. He stayed silent and composed something many people couldn’t do without practice. Usually he could be that way flawlessly but his dangerous temper got in the way.

“You sure you’re an Uchiha?”
    His father asked the guest, ‘Heh of course she is! Just look at her…’ She showed all the signs of being one of the alleged high class Uchiha’s but acting like a carefree playful idiot just pissed him off. Where did she have the right to have a bastard of a father and act so calm! If she had any idea the kind of pain Naruto was in just thinking about Sasuke she would keep her trap shut!

“I wasn’t raised as an Uchiha.” She laughed.

Raiden glowered at the girl; his sisters laughs made him want to choke her just so he could shut her up! Her voice along with that stupid wretch of a mother’s was nearly unbearable. And after another minute of laughter he finally snapped.

“Tch. That doesn’t mean you’re not mentally unstable. Or a lying, cheating bastard like your uncle and father.” He hissed, pushing the plate as far away from him as he possibly could. ‘Damn her…I can’t stand these stupid Uchiha’s. Thinking there so much better than everybody else…especially Sasuke!’ Raiden clutched his fist tight, attempting not to say anything more.

It was then when he saw someone else, a girl about the same age as him maybe, sitting near the Uchiha girl. He stared at her for a few seconds then realized something vital. That wasn’t a girl. In fact, upon even closer evaluation he remembered seeing him once before in the streets but never paid attention to him until now. As he was in his house, sitting at his table.

“Who the hell do you think you are?” He finally asked calmly, his voice dripped with malice as he brought the deep blue eye up to gaze at her intensely.
    “Bringing that disgusting queer into our home! Honestly what could you be thinking you stupid fool!” He let a smirk crawl eerily across his attractive face. A strand of golden blonde hair dipped down and covered a small portion of his ice colored eye giving off a arrogant look.
    Naruto stood up abruptly, “Raiden!” He screeched, “How dare you talk like that to our guest! He happens to be a relative of a good friend of mine!” Naruto’s matching blue eyes burned into his sons; he remembered Haku oh so well. It was so long ago yes from his first real mission outside the village. When he had met that boy, he hated having to fight his new friend but in the end it taught him a lot. So much. And he wouldn’t stand for his wild son bad talking his relative.

Raiden jumped up as well, his chair crashing to the floor; “You shut up Naruto!” He growled. Raiden looked over at their ‘guest’ he hated that he couldn’t remember her name but at the same time was glad he didn’t. He wouldn’t want to even know the name of Sasuke’s daughter if he didn’t have too.
    “And YOU!” He began viciously, “Stay away from me! You’re so lucky my family is letting you stay here or you’d be out on the streets like the repulsive Uchiha trash you are!” He roared hitting his glass of water with his fist sending it crashing to the floor. Water and glass spurted across the hard wood flooring, the glittering glass shards looked almost pretty even in the heat of the moment.
    “I can’t even stand to be in the same room with you!” He backed away from the table, eyes huge. His mother Hinata shook with fright, she was used to this kind of attitude all the time from her eldest child but never had she seen him lose his temper so easily with someone he hardly knew.
    “Ra..Raidd-den…please calm down.” She begged him in a small voice, “Miss Kusinada hasn’t done nothing to–
    Shut up!” he screamed at her, turning to Kusinada he whispered in a chilling voice enough for them to hear. “Cross me the wrong way whore and I swear I’ll kill you, on my life I swear.” He held up his hand and disappeared, reappearing outside in a large tree. His temper was flaring and so not to kill the little bird he left it in its cage so he could finish it. Sketchbook, pencil and birdcage in hand as he began to start drawing once more; trying to focus on the wings instead of the Uchiha clan he hated so much.

Naruto covered his face with his hand, he had never been so embarrassed before in his entire life. And that was speaking alot! He looked over at Kusinada and Manami; "Please forgive him...Raiden is...not well." He lied, honestly he didn't know what was the matter with his son. Why he was so guarded and vicious all the time when he was always loved as a kid, loved still now too, just as much. He longed to know what to do but Raiden never talked to him or anyone else either.

"Please forgive him...Raiden is...not well."

Not well, eh? God, Kusinada wanted nothing more than to knock that ‘unwellness’ from his dirty, selfish little-

She mustn’t think like that. She must not whip people with her thoughts. She was changing. Starting over. She didn’t have to protect herself with biting comments anymore. Her mother was miles away from here, and her influence didn’t even reach half that length. Kusinada would probably never outrun her father’s legacy- no, she didn’t want to. She didn’t like the fear of being completely unknown, of being helplessly alone in what seemed like a new world. Her father’s legacy, as infamous as it was, protected her from that. Even if people hated her. Raiden did, obviously.

“Stay away from me! You’re so lucky my family is letting you stay here or you’d be out on the streets like the repulsive Uchiha trash you are!”

She cringed mentally at the remembrance of his statement. He was painfully wrong. If Naruto hadn’t taken her in, she wouldn’t even be on the streets. She’d be back out in the forest wandering. And really, it wasn’t only Naruto she had had to count on. It was Lee and his team, the people of Konoha, Hanako, even Hinata. She needed all of their support and guidance to get to where she was sitting. She really was trash, she supposed.

But, even trash can be recycled and made into something new.

As pitifully strange as it sounded, Kusinada was recycling. She was the dirty useless trash that would be made into something new. It didn’t happen instantly, but someday, someday she would show that emotionally impaired-no, no wrong!- that stubborn, blonde man that she was capable of becoming something else.

Her family name would not stop this determined young woman.

Kusinada hadn’t realized how deep in thought she had been until Manami coughed. She wasn’t sure right now if it was a cough to get attention, or just that, a simple dust induced cough. God knew he had been around enough.

“Raiden.” She said aloud, without knowing where to go from there. “He’s…”

He’s…

“He’s entitled to his opinions.” She managed. Naruto looked over at her sympathetically, knowing what she must really be feeling. What must she really be feeling? She supposed she should hate him, but it just didn’t feel right…yet.

Yet.

She glanced over at Manami. He had almost finished what was salvageable of his meal, and would probably look to leave once he had. “I’m sorry you had to witness that,” Kusinada said solemnly. It was kind of hard to be cheerful in a situation like this.

“Naruto-sama. You’ll allow me to be a Konoha shinobi, won’t you?” she asked quietly.

Naruto looked up at her. She had changed so much in these past few hours, and he knew it. “I already consider you one.”

“Arigatou.” She inclined her head slightly, and lock of her long black hair fell in her face, distorting the view she had of her sushi plate. She was still scared. She trusted Naruto, and she was confident in her place in Konoha, but she knew that there would always be people like Raiden. She’d have to face them- probably many of them, and hope to one day change their view of her. It would be hard. But life was hard. That was the whole point of it. If life wasn’t hard, what would be the point of living it?

Kusinada smiled sadly. Everything life threw at you was just something to help you get through something else.

“Well, I suppose now’s a good a time as any,” Naruto mumbled then. “Everyone’s already glum and-“ He sighed. “Everyone. I have something to say.” He stood up. “Recently, I’ve been receiving….interesting reports of movement in other shinobi villages. Many of them, including the other great nations have been focusing their attention on gathering weaponry. Some have sent spies to other villages. We don’t know quite what this means yet. We can’t find anything on what these weapons are meant for, but it’s obviously not good.”

Kusinada froze up. Weapons? Movement? Was there going to be another shinobi war? That couldn’t happen! Not now! She had just found a place that was more peaceful than anywhere else on the planet. She- She had just found home.

“We can’t know for sure that another war is about to start. But in all honesty, that’s the only reasonable explanation.”

“N-Naruto-kun! Wh-why did you wait to tell us this now?” stammered Hinata.

“I didn’t want to worry everyone. But seeing as Raiden’s already ruined the mood at this dinner table, I figured this would be the best time. I don’t want this leaking to the village until we have more to go on, though.”

Hanako spoke up then. “Amegakure?” It was one simple word, but it carried so much meaning. Amegakaure was the one village people hoped to never hear movement from again. It could mean so many things- revenge for their home being destroyed, anger at the death of their ‘God,’ the Akatsuki leader, or even the return of Akatsuki. Whatever the case, Amegakure was not a village Konoha wanted to hear about.

“Nothing yet.”

The mood in the room relaxed a little. But it was short lived. Just because there wasn’t movement today didn’t mean there wouldn’t be tomorrow. Just because they were going to crawl safely into their beds tonight didn’t mean they wouldn’t be fighting for those beds next week. They had to prepare. Tension was rising, and not just between Konohaers.

The nations were holding their breath. These next few weeks would decide whether a war would indeed begin or not.
    Last edited by Xeim; 10-28-2007 at 06:48 PM.

Lady Succubus Pulling of Puppets Strings Victoria's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    “....Bringing that disgusting queer into our home! Honestly what could you be thinking you stupid fool!”

When that statement was spoken, Manami looked up from tuning everything out due to concentrating on the meal in front of him. He had finished his meal when Raiden spoke out in a tantrum.

“What is his issue with the Uchihas, I wonder...” he thought to himself. He continued on with his tirade for a few moments and even back talked his own father. Manami continued to witness the enraged tantrum for observational purposes. Perhaps Raiden's mind was full of misunderstandings that he alone couldn't comprehend.

That was when his mental flow was abrupted yet again by speech directed toward him.

“I'm sorry you had to witness that.” Kusinada said solemnly.

“Oh, not at all. It didn't bother me one bit. I'm quite used to it by now.” he reassured her and smiled. But if only that were true. In the back of his mind, he made a decision to confront Raiden one on one and enlighten him of his foul behavior and the error of his ways.

“If I don't do anything, he'll end up worse off than Sasuke. How ironic... he hates that which he is about to become.” he thought to himself as he stood from his seat. But an announcement from Naruto had stopped him in his tracks.

“Recently, I’ve been receiving….interesting reports of movement in other shinobi villages. Many of them, including the other great nations have been focusing their attention on gathering weaponry. Some have sent spies to other villages. We don’t know quite what this means yet. We can’t find anything on what these weapons are meant for, but it’s obviously not good.”

Manami sighed and shook his head. It was only a matter of time. Peace was something that never lasted very long in this world. Though maybe this action was a precaution of something bigger yet to come. Soon, he would have to employ himself as a shinobi to involve himself in these matters.

Before that, he had a score to settle with Raiden. He excused himself from the table and offered to help clean up the mess that Raiden had left behind in his wake. Several moments had passed after the shrapnel was cleaned up from the floors. He said his goodbyes and left the mansion. He trekked back to his apartment and finished the rest of the renovation before he washed himself and prepared for the battle that drew closer with every moment gone by.

He equipped himself with several kunai and many shuriken. He dressed himself in teal gi and grabbed his combat mask. The only thing he had left to do was to hunt down Raiden's location and confront him before he caused anymore damage.

Manami left his home and locked up and dashed upon the rooftops in search of his prey. A few moments had passed when he spotted Raiden upon the Hokage Mountain.

“I think it's about time someone readjusted your views on life. Your threats and rage may scare other people, but they won't work on me. I'm here to challenge you to a duel, mostly because if I don't stop you right here and now, you will soon become that which you loathe.”

Manami shifted into his battle stance and swayed his fingers through the air and summoned the moisture within it and created a dome with which the combat would take place.

“How do you describe a raindrop? It’s a tiny, seemingly insignificant bit of water, that when combined with a thousand of its brothers brings beauty to the land. But when you’re faced with the task of describing just one drop, what do you say?

“Brave, yet cowardly in the same breath? The basis of life and yet a symbol of despair? Beauty in a natural form?

“Unique?

“Is that how you’d describe me? For I am rain, and now I shall speak.”

| | | |

It was a cold, bitter night in Amegakure. There was no rain, so a deathly ice decided to lay itself upon the city. It was a night that would turn your nose pink just by sticking it out the door. And yet, Nakamura Kazuma sat on the roof of the former leader’s mansion, completely unaffected by the chill that surrounded him. The tiles of the roof felt dirty and moist under his callused and presently ungloved hands. Kazuma turned his head towards the point in the sky he knew contained the setting sun. He could feel the last of its rather faint warmth, and smiled as it finally disappeared. Night was here, the master of fear and emptiness. He would have rejoiced if night hadn’t been eternal for him.

To most, this night would be silent. They would lie in their beds, helpless against the cold, and hear only the thick silence that forced its way into their ears. They would feel it as it consumed them and wrapped its unloving arms around them, arms that forced them to sleep. But to Kazuma, this night was full of sounds. He could hear the fearful scuttles of animals far below them as they desperately searched for shelter, he could hear the moan of buildings as their structures were altered by the frigid temperatures, and he could even hear the ice slip off his roof as he stood. There was always movement, even in the stillest of moments.

Kazuma turned, and as he did so, the vibrations that his body set off allowed him to know exactly where he stood. He was near the edge, as he couldn’t feel anything beyond the point that was now at his back. He took a careful step forward. Most people would think he was out of his mind for being up on a slippery, dirt covered roof that he couldn’t even tell you the color of on an icy night, but there was no one around to see him, so there was also no one to think that of him.

Kazuma reached the inner edge of his area of the roof. He reached out and his hand met cold stone. It was smooth, but seemed just as dirty as the part of the roof Kazuma now had his feet placed on. He knew that somewhere along this wall was a door leading back into the building. Kazuma had requested that this part of the building be put in a few years ago so he could come out here like he was now. And, the villagers didn’t object. They never objected to anything he asked of them. He had them wrapped around his finger just by living.
    Kazuma continued to feel his way down he smooth wall, until he finally found what he was looking for. The material of the wall became moist and smoother yet, but still kind of bumpy, as if it were painted, and it probably was. By feeling around a little, Kazuma was able to grasp a small metal knob that beat out all of the other roof materials in a contest of coldness. He turned this, and was met with a gust of air that was slightly warmer, but smelled of cement after a long rain. For a moment it choked his senses, and Kazuma could barely breathe. But he soon got used to it, and stepped into the room.

In front of him, he heard bits of water dripping down the walls. Every two or so feet, a droplet landed slightly lower than the last one, which indicated steps of some sort. It was always rather moist in this room, even when it wasn’t raining. Kazuma supposed that when the villagers had built it, they hadn’t thought too much about making it waterproof. Kazuma liked getting wet, after all. And so, the ice from outside managed to seep its way through the roof and drip slowly onto the staircase below. Kazuma stepped forward and used the sound of the falling water drops to make his way leisurely down the stairs. He had gotten quite used to these stairs, and making his way up and down them was hardly a problem by now.

Something he never quite got used to though, was the intense musty smell that hung within the room. It overpowered any other smells that might have been present. But, if you have water seeping into a room long enough, then he supposed that all sorts of different fungi and molds would begin to grow. For a moment he actually wondered what might’ve been present. Were the walls and ceiling covered in a soft, spongy moss? His imagination ran rampart then, imagining all sorts of mosses and vines covering the once smooth, stone walls. But, he could tell from the way the water slid down the wall, and the way it felt under his knowing hands, that the walls at least were free of life. He wasn’t about to check the ceiling, however.

At the bottom of the staircase was another door. Kazuma knew it was there, and he knew exactly when he was about to approach it. Coming in here daily allowed him to memorize the room completely. It was small, but it was one of the few he could navigate so easily that he didn’t even have to think about it. He had reached the bottom of the stairs now, and reached out to grasp the door. Only, it wasn’t there. His hand reached out and gripped nothingness.

Fear enveloped him. He must have left the door open. But why? Why would he be so careless? Now he had no idea where he was. It was so dark, darker than it had been in a long time. But he wouldn’t give into his panic. He was the leader of Amegakure. He was their god. Gods don’t panic.

But I am not truly a god…

| | | |

“I shall speak to you of the dream of a man who has now perished. A dream that I, the shadow of this man, must rise to complete. I will speak to you of power. Of power that you could have never imagined: power that not even the dear Kyuubi container could even encompass.

“It is time now, for us to come together and yet remain worlds apart. It is time for shinobi all over the world to despair.”

| | | |

Kazuma had finally made it back into his home. It hadn’t been the most pleasant of experiences- he had nearly fallen over twice, but now he had his bearings again. He was now in the kitchen, making himself a cup of hot tea. He had a cupboard devoted to tea, and had painstakingly learned the Braile alphabet so that he could read the labels that one of the villagers had attached to the boxes for him. Tonight’s tea was jade oolong, and it was busy steeping on the stove while Kazuma drummed is fingers on the counter boredly. The counter actually felt a little grimy. There were a few things clinging to it that felt like crumbs, and it was also rather greasy. He’d have to have someone wash it for him. Or, better yet, he’d do it himself. Making someone do it for him made him feel useless. He hated feeling useless.

Just as he was about to check on the progress of the tea, a knock sounded at the door. Kazuma was curious. It was rather late now, so why would anyone want to come by? They should be asleep in their warm beds, not walking about in the terrible cold. But, the knock sounded again. Kazuma decided not to keep them waiting.

“Coming!” he called. His voice was deep and imposing, and he could barely sound friendly even when he inserted the utmost warmth into it. It was a voice meant for a figure of authority, so Kazuma supposed it fit him well.

He exited the kitchen, and keeping a hand on the wall, moved through his sitting room to the entry hall. His bare feet took in the cold tile of the entry hall immediately, and he was soon able to locate the door from sheer practice. He didn’t even need to bang around on the walls anymore. He turned the knob of the door and opened it slightly. “Who’s there?” he asked.

“Sir,” came a calm, quiet voice. It was feminine, and was very shaky from the cold. He guessed the person wasn’t any older than seventeen, and probably needed something important. “Sir, my heater broke. The neighbors wouldn’t take me in- they said they couldn’t spare the room and blankets. I- I told them that I could bring the blankets, but they, they just…turned me away. I didn’t know where else to go. You’re always so kind to us, and…” Her tone of voice told him that she wasn’t lying. She didn’t falter once, although she did stutter, and her breathing pattern didn’t even alter in the slightest to imply a jump in heart rate. It was safe to let this woman in.

“You are always welcome here. Come in, I was just about to enjoy some tea.” He opened the door wide, and allowed the freezing woman to enter his home. “Might I ask your name?” he asked.

“Oh, yes of course!” She was obviously quite surprised with herself for not telling him yet, though something in her tone gave away the fact that she was slightly disappointed he didn’t already know who she was. ‘Silly girl. She should know I don’t have the time to memorize the voices of every single villager.

“I’m Serene.” She said sheepishly.

“Pretty name. You fancy oolong?”

“Anything’s good, thanks.”

“Alright then.” And, staying close to a wall, Kazuma made his way back to the kitchen. She followed.

“Um, would you like me to pour the tea for you?” she asked cautiously.

Kazuma inwardly sighed. Everyone always thought that being blind handicapped him. It annoyed him beyond comprehension. There were some things he couldn’t do that normal people could, and he had to work harder at everything than most, but he was fully capable of living. His mind was crying for him to snap rudely at the girl, but these people had this godly image of him that he didn’t want to shatter. So, instead he consented, though reluctantly.

She quickly poured the tea, and handed him a cup. It was a little cold now from her interruption, but Kazuma could tell that it probably wouldn’t affect the taste. Of course, it could have over steeped, but slightly sour tea wasn’t that big of a deal. All he wanted was the caffeine. “Let’s go sit down in the next room,” he started, “Unless of course you’d rather take your tea straight to a guest room and rest?”

“No, no, that’s fine. I’d love to sit with you a while.” It was sincere.

The first few moments were passed in awkward silence. Kazuma sipped his tea and starred unseeingly off across the room. He knew that Serene had sat down at his right, and he hoped he wouldn’t have to try and look directly at her. It was annoying, trying to pinpoint someone’s exact location, and attempt to stare into their eyes. He could pull it off; he’d just rather not put in the effort. After a while though, Serene made an attempt at conversation. Kazuma could tell she was nervous, he heard her adjusting and re-adjusting her position in her chair, and she was even picking up and setting down her tea over and over without taking a sip. The rhythmic clank of tea on coffee table was beginning to toy with Kazuma’s patience.

“So, how much can you tell about a person by listening to their voice?”

He chuckled. “Enough to know you don’t really care. I don’t mean to rude, but I’d rather not talk about my, er, condition if you please.”

Serene most likely blushed then, as the next thing she said betrayed her embarrassment. “S-sorry.”

“It’s perfectly alright.”

And silence fell again. Serene resumed her fidgeting, and Kazuma continued staring at the wall, wondering what color the wall was. He remembered that names of the colors, but couldn’t remember what colors he had seen…blood was red. It’s all he remembered: seeing blood. It was the only thing he remembered about his life before waking up in one of the few remaining forests in Rain Country sixteen years ago. ‘Sixteen whole years…and they tell me I haven’t aged a day…’ Most people would be overjoyed at the fact that they appeared to be immortal. But to Kazuma, it was just plain obnoxious. He hated being separated from the rest of the human race. As if he wasn’t different enough already, he had to be immortal too. If he died, and Kazuma supposed the statement would be one big ‘if’, he was going to whack the real god a good one.

“What’s it like?” Serene asked. Kazuma hadn’t the slightest idea of what she was talking about. Was she referring to his blindness? Didn’t he already tell her he didn’t want to talk about it? Was she referring to- “What’s it like…” she started again, “What’s it like not being able to remember who you were?”

“Who I was?”

“Well, you must know who you are now. You’re our leader, our god so to speak. There’s no reason for you to dwell on the fact that you don’t remember anything. You’ve started over. You are someone…But still…”

“But not the person that I would be expected to be, if anyone from my past life came knocking at my door.”

“Yeah…”

“You asked me what it’s like…? It’s frustrating at times. I want to know what I did. You found me just outside the radius of the Great Explosion*, and it was right after the first rain you had had in four years. It’s a little strange, no? But I suppose…what I don’t know can’t hurt me. So, even if I wish I could remember sometimes, I know that I’m fine not knowing. I have all of you: the entire village. And, even if I don’t know all of your names, each and every one of you means something special to me.

“I just hope. Deep in my heart I hope that I wasn’t related to Akatsuki in any way.”

Serene frowned, and he felt her gaze land on the ring he wore on his left thumb. It was a worried and sympathetic gaze, but one strong enough for him to feel. He quickly hid his hand. He still didn’t know what the ring was, but he knew that it reminded the villagers of Akatsuki. That in itself was enough to let him know that the ring shouldn’t be his. He had tried getting rid of it once by throwing it into the nearby river, but it had come right back to him the next day. He hated it. It was if it had chosen him…but for what?

| | | |

“They shall cower in fear as our power grows, soon even afraid to move from their homes to fight the coming battles. All shall know our name, and the mere mention of it will cause a wave of fear and panic to wash over those nearby.”

| | | |

Serene finished her tea then. “Thank you for the tea, Nakamura-sama.”

“Anytime. Now, shall I show you to your room?” And with that, Kazuma led the woman to one of the guest rooms that were on the floor above. She entered thankfully, and closed the door quietly, signaling that she wouldn’t be of any disturbance to him from this point on. Kazuma smiled. They really loved him, didn’t they? And he…how did he feel?

He felt empty. But he put on a strong face, forcing them to believe his words. Usually they were true. But, sometimes he found himself doubting the things that left his mind. He wanted desperately to know who he was. Screw who he is now, who was he? What was he?

He was Nakamura Kazuma to Amegakure. But inside, he was a lost, ageless soul with no purpose in life but to please those surrounding him.

| | | |

“And it shall be our job to enforce that fear, to embed it in their hopeless minds. We will strike down mercilessly, leaving no opposing force standing. And soon, we shall take the entire world within our palm.

We, are Akatsuki.”

| | | |

Kazuma smiled. If helping these people was the only thing left for him to do then he would do it. He would…

He would devote his life to it.

*Great Explosion- my name for the explosion caused by Akatsuki’s machine

Blog Entries
    (OOC: Soor for not posting in such a long time everyone... ^^; )

Shira pushed back a strand ofhair as she neared the mansion. The Hokage, Naruto, and his wife Hinata lived there with their children. Shira had never actually met anyone other than Naruto himself. Sure she saw them in the village, and she knew of them but she didn't really know them. Of course, that was no different than the rest of the people in the village. She couldn't say she knew anyone here very well, she couldn't bring herself to even try.

Some might say it's a trait she must have gained from her father, the way she pushed people away. Yet, no one knew her father so she would never here any of the sort. She was forbidden to even say or do anything that might tell who he was. She even had to hide her potential as a ninja because of it.

Shira spat at the ground and stopped for a moment. Damn her mother and her cowardence! If it wasn't for that she wouldn't have to worry so much about watching her every step. Each one had to be calculated the right way so she wouldn't show any likeness to her father. Every minute of every damn day.

She clenched her fists in anger, a small attempt to keep her calm. She took a deep breath before unclenhing her hands. She neded to be calm and complacent when she met with the Hokage. Especially if she was hoping to get a mission.

She continued walking down the path that led to the mansion. It was quiet except for the small noises of the birds, the rustle of the leaves in the wind, and the faint sounds of people still walking about.

She stopped for a moment and gazed at the darkening sky. She looked around her and found a small part of herself wishing that she could truely enjoy this night. But she knew that she couldn't and that she probably never would. She was restless, and the only time she even seemed remotely relaxed was when she was training. Or at least that's how it felt to her. It was etched in her brain, one of the things her father had told her.

"Always be on your guard. Your defenses are your key and they have to be impenatrable."

Shira shook her head to disperse the images. She needed to keep her head clear, and drudging up long past memories was not going to be of any use. She wasn't even sure why her childhood seemed to rearing it's head in her consciousness. She had thought she had put it all behind her. She let out a sigh and reined her thoughts in.

Shira continued to the doors of the house, okay very large mansion. She nodded to the guards and went inside. She went down one of the maze like hallways heading towards the Hokage's office. It took her a couple minutes but when she got there she found he wasn't there.

Shira let out an exaggerated sigh of annoyance. She turned to see a woman behind her. "Excuse me," she asked as the woman began to pass her. "Do you know where the hokage is currently?"

The woman turned arounf to look at Shira. She nodded before replying. "Hai, I think he's having dinner with his family."

"Could you give me directions please? I would like to speak with him." She said sternly. She hoped the woman would think she was trying to tell him something important or of the sort. She didn't want to wait any longer than she had to, and tomarrow morning would be too long.

The woman smiled and pointed down the hallway. "Yeah, just go that way and take your first left and then your second right."

Shira nodded and thanked her before walking off in the direction she'd been given. It took her about ten minutes, she ended up having to turn around twice, and even found herself right back where she had started one time. She looked at the door and let out a sigh at the trouble she still had finding her way around the place. She wondered how the Hokage and his family did it.

She knocked on the door twice before opening it and stepping through. "Hokage-san. I don't mean to interupt, but I would like to talk to you please." She said looking around the room. She gazed and noticed the whole family except Raiden at the table, as well as someone she didn't know. She wasn't sure if that person was a guy or a girl, though they seemed to look an awful lot like a female. It was then that her gaze fell on the girl sitting next to the one she had been looking at. Her purple black hair and grey eyes sent a feeling up her spine that made her skin crawl. She seemed familiar, yet she couldn't place her finger on it.
    Last edited by cetra_aeris; 11-24-2007 at 05:14 PM. Reason: Misunderstanding with an Rper's character's position

Registered User Pulling of Puppets Strings Lady Rika's Avatar
    There he was again, the Mountain. That in which had every Hokage ever been–and he was to be the 7th– his father was there now, a happy smile carved into the rock. Raiden remembered when he was quite young, maybe no older than five. He and Naruto had journeyed to the Hokage Mountain back when he used to call him father instead of bluntly speaking his true name; Raiden could recall that day easily. He still had his eye, the ice one still lived on in his left socket.

“Come here Raiden.” Naruto smiled big as he motioned for his son to come over towards him.
    Raiden looked at him strangely, he was curious to know why they were up on the Mountain…and so early in the morning too.
    “What is it? What’s there?” He questioned as he stood near his father’s legs, the equally blond man pointed at a large dark patch of earth. It was still and untouched by any mortal hands’ “There!” He pointed, “Its there!” Naruto laughed at his serious little boy’s face twisted into a look of confusion and surprise.
    “Father there’s nothing there!” He cried leaving the safely of Naruto’s legs and wandering to the dirt patch. He reached down and touched it, it was soft and thick; “Yeah it is…this is it right here!”
    Raiden poked the soil again and again until his father bent down beside him and stopped him.
    “Raiden…” He began, waiting to his son looked him in the eye, soon the beautiful ice eye and Deep Sea one focused and grew big awaiting his father’s words.
    “You know things in this world don’t come easy, trust me I know. You have to work so very hard to get anything you want. But they start with dreams…like this village did.” He reached out and stroked his sons cheek, he was proud to call this little youngster his own, ‘He looks just like his grandfather.’ Naruto mused, ‘If he didn’t have the different colored left eye I would suspect that he was his son and not me!’
    Raiden’s eyes didn’t falter, “I know…and I have dreams too you know! Wanna hear one?” He asked as a contagious Naruto smile spread across the little boy’s face; Naruto asked him and Raiden began to go on and on about the many things he wanted to be when he ‘grew’ up. Of course there was Hokage then there was an artist, a shinobi and oddly enough he wanted to be a pet doctor!
    “Well that’s whole lotta dreams there!” Naruto patted his sons head making the little boy continue his sweet smile, “So that means never give up!” He grinned making his signature Uzumaki smile that usually left people thinking he was rather mad appear across his face. Raiden blinked then shook his head out of his father’s silliness; “I don’t plan to.”
    “That’s good im really glad you think so, and in honor of that I will give you with your present!”
    Raiden’s eyes went wild even though he was a rather composed child he was still excited when it came to gifts, he always liked to get them just like any kid. “Ooh give it! Let me see!”
    Naruto stared deeply into his son’s eyes before reaching in his pocket, he taking his hand. “Ready?”
    Raiden nodded viciously; “Alright.” Then he opened his hand and placed a tiny red bead in Raiden’s tiny hand. The little boy’s face went sullen when he went to inspect the stone and it was then when he realized that it wasn’t a bead nor a stone: it was a very tender rose madder colored seed. “Wha…what?”
    “We all start out small you know!” Naruto exclaimed, “Just like this seed! And even though we have hardships, and at times even deaths…we always manage to pull ourselves up!” Naruto stood up, once more towering over Raiden who was listening quietly. “Then one day we’ll be big, you’ll be big and strong just like that seed will. You’ll see in time, just wait. You and that seed will grow up together.” He grinned then pointed at the mass of dirt; he had came up on the mountaintop before he took Raiden, so he could dig the soil. Raiden beamed at his father, he who had always been so childish and high-spirited was now acting his age. Raiden wasn’t really comfortable with this serious side of his dad but he respected it more than any other person would. Raiden fingered around in the dirt before finally deciding where to put the seed; somewhere safe. Finally he picked a spot and buried the seed happily. “There!”
    “Now this can be your special place! Where you can take care of the tree!”
    “And the tree can take of me!” Raiden cried out of rapture as he hugged Naruto’s leg.
    “Yup! It’ll do that too!”

“You lied Naruto!” Raiden growled, crushing the pencil in his hand, “Everything wasn’t alright! My hardship will be everlasting!” He screamed making his voice echo. He took in a few heavy breaths before turning back to face the long nimble limbs that were heavily flourished with emerald leaves. His sapphire blue eye watched the wind blow around the leaves until a few scattered away in the wind taking the sweet smell of fruit with it. A few of the fruit hadn’t come in yet but there were many beautiful red flowers spotted around where the round red fruits would soon bloom. Raiden reached his hand out and grabbed one of the petals; it was so delicate and soft when his fingers grazed across its tiny triangular figure. And before he knew it he had torn the fragile petal. Raiden gasped at his action, he hadn’t meant to harm it even though he had already done damage by plucking it off the flowers body. He ground his teeth together in anger, “Why does it always have to be this way?” He hissed releasing the shredded petal from his hand and sending flying into the wind where it and the leaves would cling together for life until their untimely death; ‘Bu its too late for the petal.’ He thought to himself as he batted away one of the light red almost purplish colored fruits. ‘Pomegranates…im sure Naruto didn’t even know what he was giving me when he told me to plant you!” He told the tree sternly.

The bird tweeted lightly at Raiden as if asking him to free her from the cage.

“I think it's about time someone readjusted your views on life. Your threats and rage may scare other people, but they won't work on me. I'm here to challenge you to a duel, mostly because if I don't stop you right here and now, you will soon become that which you loathe.”

Raiden tilted his head at this voice which had interrupted his thoughts; ‘Its him! The queer at dinner!’ He narrowed his eyes at the man but his face stayed composed. Raiden turned back to the bird, ignoring the little fag who dared to speak to him. He reached his hand out towards the birdcage his hand scraping against his sketchbook, which lay near the cage. The bird, terrified, moved to the back of its prison; Raiden opened the little door and grabbed the bird from the cage.

His deep blue eye gazed at the tiny bird that pecked at his hand in pure fear. Raiden felt its heart beat wildly as he held it there; he watched it try to escape and it interested him that creatures would do anything to keep on living. Whatever it took. Maybe that’s where we humans get it.

He squeezed his hand making the bird let out a pained cry but did not kill it. He lifted his hand up near a branch a little ways away from the cage and sat the bird on a tiny limb. He figured the bird would fly off but it did not instead it stared at Raiden for a few seconds with its black little eyes before pecking at the red fruits with its tiny beak. The blonde boy shook his head and lightly flicked his hand at the bird making it hop onto another branch before flying off. ‘Damn…’ He thought with a smirk, ‘I still didn’t get them eyes right.’ He referred to his drawings, the whole reason he had caught the bird in the first place.

Finally he turned his attention back towards the man who confronted him, “Look you!” He began before jumping out of the tree. His feet made a strange sound when they touched the ground; he had crushed some of the fallen fruit making a fragrant aroma filter up, tickling his nose.

“I don’t know who you are and honestly I don’t care!” He ignored the fruit, which he had killed and leaned up against the tree. His deep blue eye watched the man carefully while his blind ice eye stared off pupil-less into the unknown. People tended to ignore his ghost eye as he called it or they would just consider it intriguing. ‘Oh…if only they knew.’ It was literally his blind spot.

“The things I loathe are none of your damn business so I advise you get the hell out of here! And as for a fight…heh sorry to say but you’re a little to lowly for me, why don’t you go play dress up with your little Uchiha trash friend.” Raiden hissed, but he figured he wouldn’t attack him. He really had no reason too, if the little brazen fool wanted to fight him then he could. But he wouldn’t lower himself and make the first move, no no he figured that he would either leave or act a fool and attack him. Either way it didn’t rightly matter to him. He didn’t really care anymore.

He watched the colored wall circle around them forming a huge dome...trapping them both inside. 'A funny little parlor trick' Raiden thought to himself as he tilted his head, listening to the deep cracks as his neck and its bones quickly popped. He wanted to reach out and touch it but decided against it, that would be a foolish move on his part. Quite foolish.
    He didn't feel threatened by him though he was now heavily angered by this little act. 'No matter...whatever he starts i'll throw it right back, times ten.'

“Just be warned, whatever your action is…you might not be scared of me and that’s just fine. But I guarantee in time that I’ll make you regret your bold words towards me.” He sneered, curling his lips up like some sort of deranged animal. ‘Yes human and animal alike will do whatever it takes to survive. And then are others will do whatever it takes to make sure that most of them don’t!’
    Last edited by Lady Rika; 11-27-2007 at 03:45 PM.

Blog Entries

I. Seals and Secrets

Of all the secret and forbidden seals known to exist, none have ever been removed. However, records indicate that the (deceased) missing-nin Orochimaru experimented with and developed several cursed seals. His research is still lost, but due to his extensive knowledge of the theory and methods behind the technique it is entirely possible that he may have unlocked their secrets.

Hizashi stared hard at his paper as though he could will the answers to appear. It remained blank, but for the single paragraph. An entire year of work and that was all he could find. Even his promotion to jounin hadn't given him access to the sealing scrolls. He'd have to find another way, then.

“Hizashi? What are you working on?”

Startled, he whirled around. Neji stood behind him, peering over his shoulder. Hizashi hastily placed his palm over the text, crumpling the edges with his fingers.

“Nothing interesting, just some notes from my last mission.”

“I see. The scouting run from the other day, was it?”

“Yes. Something seemed a little off so I wanted to compare them with the last report.” At least it wasn't a complete lie. Of course, he didn't mention that he'd gone a little further than his assigned route...

“Good. Be sure to show your findings to the Hokage later.”

“Yes, father.”

Neji nodded his approval and gave a rare smile. Hizashi smiled back, but couldn't help feeling that the expression was forced.

Father is always distant these days. I wonder what's been bothering him so much lately.

“I came to tell you that you'll have to handle dinner yourself tonight. I have a meeting with the Hokage.”

“It's been awhile since he called for you.” Hizashi said, surprised.

“Indeed it has. Would you like me to say hello to Hinata and Hanako for you?”

“Yes, please do.”

“Very well, then. I'm off.”

“All right. I'll see you in the morning. Good night, father.”

Once Neji left, Hizashi lay back with a relieved sigh. He had to be more careful. If Neji found out what he was trying to do...

But it's not like I can leave things as they are.

He needed a new lead, but there was no way he'd get such information on his own. If the Hokage found out he'd definitely tell Neji, and Hinata had made a point of never learning the sealing jutsu. Who else could he ask?

Wait a minute...how could I have been so stupid? I'll just go look for myself! Byakugen can't be blocked, so as long as no one sees me hanging around I'll be fine. I can't go tonight, though. Father will sense my presence. Maybe I'll take a walk over to visit Hanako tomorrow.

It was a cold night, much like the one Nakamura Kazuma had recently witnessed. Everything was frozen, but whether it was from cold or from fear was hard to tell. He was there, walking. He couldn’t see, and was numb to the core. And he was afraid. He was absolutely petrified of what lay in the endless shadows. He felt them, all around him. They wanted to murder him, rip him apart. But he couldn’t see them. He couldn’t feel them. “What did I do?” He called out. “Why?”

But there was no answer. Nakamura Kazuma opened his heavy, unused eyes. And he saw.

Kazuma awoke with a yell. He didn’t have nightmares often, in fact he didn’t even dream often, but when he did, his mind conjured up terrible images. He supposed that a mind as broken and scarred as his would have reason to. It knew things he didn’t. It locked them away in the deepest unreachable depths possible, so that he could never access them. Kazuma wanted to reach them, but he was not willing to dive so deeply into his darkness to draw them out. Especially if they were as terrible as what he saw in his dreams.

“K-Kazuma-sama! Are you alright?!” called a feminine voice. The voice was muffled slightly, so Kazuma decided that it came from the other side of the door.

“I’m fine Serene. It was only a nightmare. Go back to sleep.”

“I-If you say so…” Receding footsteps told Kazuma his request had been fulfilled.

He sighed and rose from his bed. There was no point of going back to sleep anyway. He would only produce more nightmares from his fear of the first one coming back. So, instead, he walked cautiously across the room to his wardrobe. He grasped its smooth surface and pulled it open. Inside, his clothes were arranged neatly in an assigned order. Coats on the left side, pants on the right, and a few shirts in the middle. Kazuma reached into the wardrobe for a coat and pants, and then closed the door to put them on.

With that done, he exited his room. He supposed it was probably still early, so he decided to go out and train. Fighting was one thing that was difficult for Kazuma. He had to work at it much harder than most people, and had to learn to recognize every sound and every vibration as the movement that it was. Sometimes, his blindness was an advantage during a fight. But most times, he felt hopelessly blind. It was during these fights that he summoned his rain. His cure. His salvation.

Kazuma kept his weapons in a closet by the front door. He reached it, and grabbed its cold metal handle. It opened smoothly, without a single sound. Kazuma reached into the right-hand corner to pull his scythe from its resting place. It was there, with its smooth, round pole. Kazuma folded it over three times, and tucked it into his cloak. Then he exited the house.

| | | |

Kusinada was surprised when another person entered the room. She had dark black eyes, and bluish black hair that extended almost to her waist. She had a strong, regal air about her, even in her shorts and t-shirt. Kusinada furrowed her brow. She seemed so…familiar? No, that wasn’t it. She just reminded her of someone. Someone back...

Someone back in her old life. But even if she knew, she wouldn’t let her sub consciousness transfer the information to her consciousness. She didn’t want to remember. The girl spoke. “Hokage-san, I don’t mean to interrupt, but I would like to talk to you.”

“Oh, no problem Shira. What’s your trouble?”

“Not a trouble, really. I’d actually like a mission.”

Naruto opened his mouth to answer, but hesitated. Kusinada knew it was probably because of the impending war. Would he let Shira in on that information? Or would he come up with some lame excuse? Kusinada almost hoped for the latter. He had told them not to leak the information, and so she hoped someone as ‘smart’ as the Hokage would follow their own advice.

“Shira-san. There are going to be a few very important missions coming up within these next few days. Can you hold off and let me assign you to one of them?”

“Uhm, yes, I suppose I could…” She trailed off.

“If it’s boredom troubling you, I can assign you an in-village mission. I need someone to show Kusinada around Konoha.” Naruto grinned.

“But Dad!” Hanako protested. “That was supposed to be my job! Kusinada and I…” Naruto only glared at her.

Shira looked a little taken aback. “W-who?”

“Me.” Kusinada spoke up with a grin. This girl troubled her somehow, but she wouldn’t let that ruin any chances of their becoming friends.

Shira stared at her, with a look in her eyes Kusinada couldn’t place. Surprise, perhaps?
    “Alright. I will see you tomorrow then…Kusinada.” And left.

Kusinada looked over at Hanako. She looked crushed. “Hanako…don’t let this get to you, okay? This’ll just be for a day or two. Plus, you get to see me all the time I’m at home! We can draw all night tonight, if you want!! Vigorous Youthful Drawing!”

Hanako looked up at her, her pretty face full of sadness. But slowly that same face broke into a grin. “Now you’re sounding like Lee-sensei…”

“I’m overdoing it a little, aren’t I?”

“Nah.”

Kusinada chuckled. She liked Hanako. The girl reminded her of the little sister she never had, though she was only a year younger. She was shy, something Kusinada couldn’t understand. The young Uchiha had been a lot of things before, but she had never been shy.

Kusinada looked up to see Hanako leaving the table.

“Dad,” she addressed Naruto, “I’m going up to my room now.”

“Alright.”

“I think I’ll excuse myself as well,” Kusinada said. “Gochisousama*” She bowed, and left the room.

When you’re as troubled as someone like Kusinada, you often find yourself pondering over all of the actions, wondering if you should have done something better. What if she had someone concealed the fact that she was an Uchiha from Raiden? What if she had said no to Shira? She knew these musings were irrelevant, but she still went over these instances over and over again. She wanted to be perfect for these Konohaers. But sometimes it was hard to keep herself ‘in-character.’

Kusinada found herself at Hanako’s bedroom door. No, Her and Hanako’s bedroom door. She’d ask Hanako to give her an after dinner lesson on drawing. Maybe it’d help her clear her mind some.

But when Kusinada entered the room, she found Hanako fast asleep on her bed- still fully dressed. Her heart fell. She really wanted to improve, but she didn’t think she could do so without the guidance of the young Hyuuga. And she knew better than to wake the girl.

Early to bed, tonight. I suppose it’s for the best. I’ve been traveling for so long…and I don’t feel rested from that nap earlier. But I wonder if I’ll be able to get to sleep. Being in a new house is all well and good until the nightmares come out. And oh god do I know about nightmares. '

~*~

Running. Was it even possible to stop? Even when she wasn’t moving physically, her mind was racing, trying to find a way to escape. A way to escape for this terror this…

“Uchiha Kusinada! You get over here this instant!”

The young, black haired girl turned to face the woman she was to call mother. She cringed at the look in the woman’s eyes as she approached. This was it. She was going to kill her this time. It felt like that every time, though. It felt like that every time the young, angry shinobi turned her imposing gaze upon her daughter.

The daughter she never wanted.

And the pain came. Karin’s hand came down on her little girls face, leaving behind needles of pain on the young girl’s face.

But she wasn’t finished yet.

“Kusi-chan! Kusi-chan, wake up!”

Kusinada awoke to Hanako’s fearful pleads. She hadn’t really even remembered falling asleep. It was funny really, how easily sleep took her in this unfamiliar place. It was still dark outside, so Kusinada knew that she must’ve only been asleep a few hours. She hoped she hadn’t woken Hanako.

“Kusi-chan, you were screaming in your sleep! What happened?”

“I…Did I wake you?”

“That doesn’t matter!”

“It does.”

She looked guiltily into Hanako’s round, blue eyes. She wasn’t ready to talk about her mother yet.

“No, you didn’t wake me.” Hanako said sadly. “I was already drawing…”

“Good.” Kusinada let a smile spread across her face again. “Hey, Hanako? I’m going to go get some water, alright?

~*~

Hanako sighed inwardly. She really wanted Kusinada to trust her. She knew that trust didn’t build itself up in a matter of hours, but Hanako still felt left out somehow. She wanted to be Kusinada’s greatest friend. But, what if she couldn’t? For all she knew, someone in Otogakure had filled that position long ago.

“Hey Hanako? Kusinada started. “I’m going to go get some water, okay?”

“Uhm, alright.” Hanako responded. Kusinada left their room, leaving Hanako alone with the darkness. Well, the darkness and her sketchbook that is. She walked back over to where she had flung it on the floor to get over to Kusinada’s bed. It was still open to the drawing she had been working on. She smiled down at the sketch. It was one of her better ones, more detailed then any of her others.

Two foxes sat side by side in a meadow, surrounded by flowers. Though Hanako hadn’t colored the sketch yet, she pictured them as purple. The sky was darkening with the coming night, and a few stars shown through in the otherwise empty sky. The foxes themselves looked joyful, as if they had not a care n the world. Hanako wished she could be there, with them watching the sunset. But instead, she was sitting in her room, with a still fragile friendship, and a war looming overhead.

>><<<

“…look into this.” Kusinada was standing in the pantry section of the kitchen. She had been about to enter the main section when she heard Naruto’s voice. At first she figured that it must’ve just been him and Hinata, the clock on the wall stated it was only about 9 thirty, but then another voice disregarded her assumption.

“I shall do so, immediately.”

“No, Neji. Not immediately. You mustn’t let your family catch on to this. I don’t want the news getting out. Go home; spend the day with your son…come up with an excuse. But make it a good one.”

'Is this about the war…? What is Naruto going to have this ‘Neji’ person do?'

Footsteps in the other room told Kusinada that she needed to leave. The last thing she caught before bolting back up to her room was: “Please, tell Hanako and Hinata ‘Hello’ on my and my son’s behalf. It seems…” And then she was well out of earshot.

~*~

*gochisousama- said after eating. Kind of like… “Thanks for the meal!”

Blog Entries
    Shira let out a quiet sigh as she walked towards her home. She was disapointed that she hadn't been given some sort of mission. Well, that wasn't true... She had been given the duty of showing the girl Kusinada around the village. That girl... there was something about her that made her mind reel. She looked familiar, like someone she'd seen before...

She shook her head and moved some straying strands of hair back into place behind her ear with her hand. No need to worry herself over it. She had probably just seen someone in the village like her.

The night was settling in, the sun already only a sliver on the skyline as the moon glowed in the sky and the stars began peeking out from their hidden depths. Shira looked arounf her as people she'd seen all her life moved around her. Many were heading into their homes to have dinner, and some were trying to herd their children into the saftey behind closed doors.

~~

"Shira! Come inside. Your dinner's getting cold!" A nine year old Shira heard her mother saying in the doorway of their home behind her. Shira shook he head from her spot sitting on the ground. The night was cold and the little girl was sitting in one of her night gowns, a thin lacy dark purple that her father had given her on her last birthday.

"I can't mom... Dad's not here yet. He said he was going to come today." She said, keeping her eyes ahead of her as a watch out. She'd been looking forward to it all week. It was something she walways counted down to the very day. Everytime her father would tell her when he was coming, she'd wait and wait. She'd been so naive as a child. She would have waited forever if he had told her to, she'd held him up as high as Budda himself.

"Shira... Come on inside. It's cold, and you need to eat. Your dad will knock on the door when he comes." Kira said in an attempt to get her daughter in out of the cold. To her relief, the girl got of the ground.

Shira sniffed, keeping herself from tears. "....He said he was gonna come.." She whispered to herself. She gave one last look before turning and heading towards her mother's house. She was only a few steps from the door when a familiar voice echoed behind her.

"What are you doing out so late, Shira?" Said her fathers voice. She spun on her heel and smiled, all thoughts forgotten. Shira's mother shook her head with a chuckle.

~~

She left her memories, wishing they'd stay where they belonged, locked in her mind. Her footsteps ended as she stood infront of her home. She wasn't ready to go in yet. She could see through one of the windows, her mother was in the kitchen, back turned and cooking something on the stove.

Shira turned her head and headed further down the road. She passed by the window, her mother having no idea she'd even been there.

She walked down the road only a little ways before curving and heading towards a part of the treeline. She enjoyed the stars tonight, and going inside now would ruin the night before it even begun. Although, she should probably get some rest if she wanted to be presentable when she played tour guide.

A few feet into the treeline Shira stopped and looked up into a tree. She considered for a moment using her chakra to walk up the tree, but she decided against it. Reaching up she jumped and grabbed hold of a branch and pulled herself up. She continued the process, climbing up the tree until she could see the sky once more.

She sat on the branch she was currently being held by and looked out at the stars. It was a beautiful night, one that she wished would last forever. The silence, the calmness. She loved it, all of it. Leaning against the tree she surrendered her self to her musings.

She did this every now and again, thinking over the different possiblities that could have made things better. More often than not, she wondered how she'd be looked upon in the Cloud Village. Would they treat her differently? Would she have acted differently? There were som many questions that she asked herself, but none of them had an answer.

It wasn't for another hour that Shira even thought of heading home. When she finally walked through the door her mother had already finished dinner. Shira could see hers on the table, her mother having already ate. As she walked over to the table her mother came into the room.

"Oh! Shira, you've come home awful late. Your food's grown cold, would you like me to heat it up for you?" She asked as Shira sat down.

"No, that's okay Mom. It's fine." She said quietly. Her mother ha made fried salmon and rice. Shira ate her food hurridly, having not noticed how hungry she was until she had taken a bite. When she was finished she went over to the sink and washed her plate and put it up.

"So, how was your day today, sweetie?" Her mother asked as Shira moved towards the hallway. She stopped and looked at her mother, giving a small fake smile.

"It was good. I got a mission for tomarrow."

"Really? What kind of mission?"

"Oh, nothing too exciting. I'm just showing a new kunoichi around Konoha." She said before turning to walk down the hallway to her room.

"Well, maybe if you two get along you can become friends!"

"Yeah, friends." Shira said, walking into her room and closing the door. She sat on her bed and glanced out her small window.

"...Friends, huh? Hmph.." Shira smirked and got up to change clothes. Tomarrow would be interesting at best. At least she wouldn't be bored like today.
    Last edited by cetra_aeris; 12-29-2007 at 09:39 PM.

Fox Pulling of Puppets Strings fivetail_uzimaki's Avatar
    Kit silently slips out of of her bedroom window into the chilled, foggy night. The fog or chill itself did not bother her. Strangely, it seems as if she was actually immuned to it. Kit knew that she was suppose to be asleep, however, she felt restless. It was almost as something unforetold was starting to happen and her body just could not contain the excitement. She had to admit that her parents and siblings have been quite secretive lately. She knew that there was something going on, but she wish she knew what it was and if it had anything to do with her.
    Kit traveled on until she came to the Hokage's mansion, which she knew would be well guarded. However, Kit has already perfected the art of going in and near the mansion itself unprotected. But, she could not help but almost get the feeling as if all of a sudden, someone was watching her. She knew that the chill she was suddenly getting had nothing to do with the air itself. Kit instantly became on her guard, knowing that she may have just stepped right into trouble. Kit sped up her steps, still keeping her footsteps light when suddenly, a figure appeared in front of her stopping the young shiniobi in her tracks.
    Kit blue eyes glowed in the night, her night vision perfect, making out the simple figure in front of her. It was a man with black hair with a ponytail that went down his back and brown eyes. On his left arm, he wore the village protector on his left arm, and black clothes with his village shinboi vest. However, for someone reason, this man seemed almost familiar, although she could not place him. All she knew was he could be a possible threat.

"Hey look! ^.^' I don't want any trouble," Kit says as-a-matter-of-fact.

"Well, Well! If it isnt' Kit Hyate!" He heard the man say surprising her. "You've grown since I last saw you."

"Who are you? How do you know me?" Kit says glaring at him suspicious.
    Last edited by fivetail_uzimaki; 09-10-2009 at 09:58 AM. Reason: Just to update though seems this forum has become dead

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2