Thread: Final Fantasy - Dark Hand Rising

Rune Knight Final Fantasy - Dark Hand Rising Trodorne's Avatar

Final Fantasy - Dark Hand Rising

Howdy folks i just joined. and im on a Role playing high right now. and i mean that figuratively, I hope the moderators have their guns put away. now im going old school on all of you Final Fantasy fans out there. im going to emphasize on Fantasy here.

Group limit : 0/4
    Available room: 4
    Syrona:
    Planet near the center of the universe. focal point of magic. Created by the gods themselves the seven elder gods. Maudin, Madeen,Bahamut,Ark,Odin,Malore,Thythus,and Asura. from them spawned six powerful crystals which were focal points of their power of reality. they created Syrona as a sanctuary for these crystals to spread and grow its magic across the universe. before they left they seeded the planet with the simple life forms that grew into the scentient races known as Elvas, Humara, Galaks, Duarves, the Toruti. these races grew on seperate areas of the planet.

Over time the crystals growing in power began to spawn powerful entities which acted as gods in the place of the Elder gods. from fire came Ifrit horned demon of vengence, with his ferocity only brought out the good as Ifrit sprawled fire across the land. soon came Lyrdor the Crusader of justice to try to temper Ifrits flames. and soon Phoenix gave rise from the ashes of the fallen and began to give life to those around.

From the Earth, Rose the brothers Sekket, two fowl looking creatures that grew and brought life to the lands with crops and harvestable foods. soon followed titan the gigas. the first of his kind and more would follow him in the future, But it was the serpent Teterro who shook the ground and cut open the planet for its own amusment.

Wind crystal brought forth two great beings known as Garuda and its Lord Palidor seen as the one to bring new life to the planet by giving the power of fertility to the people. Pandimoneum would follow bringing storms of tornados and hurricanes.

Ice Spawned the ever wonderes goddess Shiva with her pet Syldra. her cold temperment was only made worse when she was turn away by Lyrdor. from their on and off relation does the 4 seasons come across the world. Tritorch the jelious bird would always test Shivas patients and powers.

Water saw the bringing Lord Leviathan and his mistress Siren. Wise leviathan ruled the oceans with a firm hold but not as gentle as Bismara the great whale and gentle giant of the sea creating all small life to swim and dance and to calm Leviathans heart and give him purpose in his domain.

Storms of the Lightning Crystal only brought chaotic creatures or demons like Quetzocotle and Typhoon who rocked the skies of Palidor. only in true chaos like this that true wisdom would appear. the first wise man to appear was Ramuh who was a man said to be endowed by the crystal to bridge man and magic becoming the first mage. with Lyrdor as his close friend the two made a formidable team. From Ramuh and with lyrdors help they created the formation of time and made the sun pass from day into night to make it harder for the others to see.

Ah but from this two more crystals were formed from the creation of day and night. that the crystals of Light and Darkness were born and from them spawn their own beings. Lakshmi the embodiment of beauty to anyone who looks upon her. all the gods and mortals were entranced by her. except a single Galak who was devoted to serving and protecting his tribe. Lakshmi wished to offer this galak a kiss if he would let her come into the village and do what she pleased. he refused as his duty came first. Lakshmi surprised by this offered him a place amungst the gods themselves. Lyrdor himself admired the man and offered a special armor to wear to make him impervious to magical harm. He accepted and soon Alexander joined the ranks as Lakshmis voice of responsibility and duty. one creature of magic was born for the wilds and it was Sylph the playful fairies of the forests who was said to come into the forests to play during the day and at night makes the stars shine bright.

Eventually darkness came and only brought the true terror known as Diablos. lord of darkness. he tortured many and from him he started the wars of the elements. which brought the planet itself to its knees for many centuries.his right hand was Hades, a minion of torture and underling. bring ailments and decay to the land at his masters whim. but one good came out of the darkness was a defender of the wilds. Fenrir. despite his appearance as a wolf. it was of his nature that he created the Vargin the wolf people feral by nature but just as cunning as any other species.

It would be later that when the three elder gods returned to the world they once left they found it in shambles but against their own laws of not interfering with in the lessers lives Bahamut,Odin and Madeen relinquished their powers. Odin the warrior fought well but left to gather the crystals themselves while Lyrdor, Ramuh, and Bahamut dealt with Diablos and the joined efforts of Teterro and Pandemonium. Madeen was the first one to be lost. but in a dying her rebirth from the Phoenix would bring her back in a smaller simpler form. before she changed she left a seed to remind people of her true form, from here the moogles were born. Madeen was reborn as carbunkle and from the jewel carbunkle could communicate to the moogles through their pompoms.

....many millennium pass.. your story takes place in the Largest city of the Eldorst Continent. Inholja is a grand capital next to the kingdom of Numoss, the city of Myrradin and the Dragon famed city of Tyrno. this bustling port city has news and stories to from across the major areas of the continent but now silent talks of dark army moving. and people dissapearing. for what it all means only you or your group can find out.
    __________________________________________________ ___________

Roleplaying:
    im sure i don't have to tell anyone how to role play. but since this is a new world for everyone here except me. take your time and always ask about the surroundings. and become familiar to everything. there is no guns in this game so for those with trigger fingers sorry.

The story will start in a tavern on the ports of the city. here you will get aquainted with your character and story telling of your reason for being here. ill set up a basic character skeleton and you fill it in. there are some sections ill fill for you. this is a D&D type of story telling. so if you want to ask me something of what you see or what you plan to do. tell me. if you want i can create a seperate thread for you or your parties adventure. this is just a setup. if you have everyone you want to go out and do something you will say you leave the tavern. if your waiting you could spend the night.
    anything you want to ask me the GM put in () brackets so i know its for me. the rest you role play yourself.

COMBAT:
    the way it works is you call an action of what you would like to do:
    Eg- Corrin slashes downwards on the goblins chest with his broadsword.
    which then i determine the outcome most times ill be nice and allow a hit or a kill, mainly for your own story purpose. so ill keep it exciting all i need you to do it learn to work in a team. a true leader always works together and thinks of everyone else.

MAGIC:
    Ill have a seperate thread that i will update every so often of the spell lists.this is a work in progress and so the will be alterations as we go along. ill tell you this now. Flare,tornado,flood,etc all those epic spells from XI are going to be god like spells so no one is going to cast them unless i can allow it.

ANYTHING ELSE:
    For those who would like to do something and not let anyone else know send me a letter or e-mail if thats what the kids call it at [email protected] or add me to msn if you guys want to chat live. im always open to hear what you want to do. anything i can do to make this fun.

PARTIES:
    you may have noticed at the top of available room. due to time i can only take care of 4 seperate campaigns or groups in this. so hence why i suggest anyone who gets into this be in a party. your welcome to solo but your more apt to die. well its guarenteed you will die. if someone else who wants to run a seperate group go ahead and message me. i can gladly tell them how to run their campaign or create one in the city.

JOB CLASSES:
    OMFGROFTLOLKSLTISL......yes im using job classes not these are not based on tactics but a combination and compilation made from the basic final fantasy games.

Starting Classes:
    Knight
    Fighter
    Black Mage (2 spells from level 1 spell list)
    White Mage (2 spells from level 1 spell list)
    Thief
    Geomancer
    Ranger (archer)
    Monk (black belt)
    Blue Mage

Advanced:
    Red Mage
    Magic Knight (Mystic Knight)
    Sage
    Time Mage
    Summoner
    Samurai
    Ninja
    Corsair (Gambler)
    Rune Knight (Runic Knight, aka Magitek Knights)
    Scholar
    Beast Master
    Dragoon
    Engineer
    Paladin
    Dark Knight
    Beserker (Barbarian, aka Viking)

for now the advanced will not be accessed yet but i put them down for later on you could rp your way into getting into it but for story purposes they are not availiable right now
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Character Sheet:
    Name:
    Character name:
    Hair:
    Height:
    Weight:
    Race: Humara,Galak (Galka from XI), Elvas, Duarves (Dwarves IV), the Toruti (TaruTaru XI), Vargin (Varg from V and VI), Half-Elvas. (no moogles for world purposes)
    Class: Starting class only
    Level: 1

Special Features:
    Strengths:
    Weaknesses: (it helps to add to these so i can help make your story more interesting. pick serious fears or weaknesses)
    Quick Auto-Biography:
    ----------------
    Stats: (i fill in all this part. i base stats and skill on your life.if not much detail given ill randomize your stats based on class)
    Hp:
    Mp:
    Strength:
    Vitality:
    Agility:
    Dexterity:
    Charisma:
    Intelligence:
    Mind:

Equipment: (starting weapon based on your class and you can fill this in. has to be a basic of basic weapons. like old pine staff or rusted longsword etc..)
    Items: (each player starts off with 2 potions, Light Ether and days worth of mild rations.)
    Skills:
    Languages:
    Spells:
    Abilities:

*Jan 29th/2010- Added in Experience section and group limit. added known spells to job classes for starting characters.
    Last edited by Trodorne; 01-29-2010 at 04:14 PM.

Black Magic

Here is the list of Spells for Black Magic: if it seems incomplete not more will be added later in additional levels.

Level 1:
    Arcane Marking -creates a magical mark on objects with your own personal signature.
    Read Magic- allows a person to read magical text. or scry magical objects for hidden arcane words.
    Fire - Instantly sets a small fire on a target.
    Blizzard- Hurls a dagger like shard of ice at a target.
    Water - lobs a ball of water at a target with a chance to stun.
    Stone - Magically pummel a target with a series of stone from all direction within 5 ft.
    Thunder - a ranged attack that shocks an opponent with a chance to paralyze.
    Aero - sharp winds cut a foe. chance of knock down.
    Lighten - Make a single object light up as bright as a candle.
    Darken - drops the brightness of any small natural light.
    Open - opens any locked portal.
    Bound - Binds a simple weapon or light armor to a person, making it hard to disarm.
    Resistance- increased resistance to the elements.
    Detect Magic - detect auras of elemental magic. or sense powerful spells within a 60ft radius.
    Presto- simple magic tricks. eg: pulling a rabbit out of a hat. changing hair color for 2 hours.etc
    Acid - water based spell doing more damage to a target without a chance to stun.
    Message - send a quick three word message to anyone 120 ft away only the target can here.
    Dancing Fire - low light fire acts as moving light. color can change to the users wish.
    Spark - lower damage but higher rate to stun, or paralyze.
    Chilling touch - a touch attack spell that can do a large amount of damage in close combat.
    Invisible Grip- can move simple light objects up to 20 ft away.

[b]White Magic[/b]

List of white magic starting from level 1 and working up. if not complete then more will be added over time.

Level 1
    Cure - Restores a light amount of health.
    Purify food/water - purifies naturally spoiled food or water.
    Create water- Create up to 3 gallons of water.
    Mending- mends and repairs one small simple object.
    Detect magic- Detects auras of magical elements.
    Read Magic - Read magical text that would not be done in normal print.
    Resistance - gain endurance to the elements.
    Enpower - target gains additional attack power for their melee attack.
    Light - make object glow as bright as a candle.
    Dia - Light slowly takes away health much like poison.
    Paralyze - immobilizes an attacker from making any action outside of a attack movement.
    Detect Poison - allows you to detect any natural poisons in the body.
    Banish - Deals light holy damage. more effective against undead.
    Blessing - blesses a weapon dealing holy damage on next attack.
    Open - opens any regular locked portal.
    Hide from Undead - hides caster from 1 undead/4 levels.
    Detect Undead - detects undead with 30 ft