Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: FFIII role-play (open)

Registered User FFIII role-play (open)

FFIII role-play (open)

hiya guys! well I am not new to role-play so I know what I'm doing! I hope you will join me! In this RP you can take on only ONE character please, also you can be one of the FOUR warriors of light. but please don't invent up another one! you can be your own character (as I am) but keep to the rules of FF no flying, being invisible ect... ALL FIELDS MUST BE FILLED IN! no need to be accepted just join right in! once I reach a certain amount of people I will close the thread (no longer be open) so please join whilst you can! have fun

name: Aliera

side: good/light

party: travels with the Warriors of the Light

physical appearance: Aliera is a shortish girl, about the same height as Arc, she is very thin and has pale ivory coloured skin, she has a heart-shaped face and an opened mouth smile, she has bright-blue eyes and rose-coloured lips, she has the same coloured hair as Arc, and her main clothes colour is blue.

personality: Aliera is a fun, sparky girl, she loves to have fun and have a laugh, though if someone threatens her or her party she will defend and fight to the death for them. She has an optamistic mood and will cheer the party up when they are faced with danger or defeat, no bad mood can last with Aliera around! she enjoys reading, and doesn't hesitate to take a book from Arc's collection when he gives her permission, her main favourite stories are about the histories of the four tribes, (Clavat, Yukes, Selkies and Lilitys) she enjoys Chocobo racing and can often be seen down on the tracks.

abilities(fighting style/moves): Aliera prefers using elemental swords to staffs, but she will not use bows, she is very handy with her swords and can slash them at Ninja fast speeds.

tribe: Clavat

job: varies from Thief, Dragoon and Black Mage (though she is mainly a Mage)
    magic: can cast spells up to Lvl 5

The Mad God FFIII role-play (open) Heartless Angel's Avatar

Re: FFIII role-play (open)

Sure, why not? I'm always game for an RP.

Name: Abaddon

Side: Dark

Party: Travels alone, but will not hesitate to join others when it suits him.

Physical Appearance: Abaddon stands at 6'2", and weighs roughly 200 lbs. He has long, straight, raven black hair reaching the small of his back, and deep crimson eyes. His scarred chest goes uncovered revealing his many strange tatoos, while he wears a pair of black pants with a tattered black skirt featuring the faded image of a red dragon covering his left leg. In addition he wears simple black leather boots and gloves. His most distinguishable feature is his large crimson bladed scythe which he carries at all times. The scythe also features a large spearhead like tip at the end opposite the blade, allowing it to be more useful against numbers by attacking in multiple directions simultaneously.

Personality: Abaddon hates the world and all things in it. He is cold, cynical, and sadistic. He almost feeds on pain, only really feeling alive when others suffer at his hands. His sadism is boundless, it is his intention to watch the entire world writhe in agony that he may at last feel truly alive.

Abilities(fighting style/moves): Abaddon relies on his close combat skills and his talent as expertly manipulating his scythe to thwart all oncoming attacks whilst delivering his own pinpoint precision strikes to quickly bring down foes.

Tribe: Raised in Falgabard as an orphan, but Abaddon doesn't know where he came from or who his family was.

Job: He freely alternates between the fighting styles of the Dragoon and Dark Knight, dabbling in certain black magic.

Magic: Sleep, Blind, Poison, Break, Shade, Raze, Erase, Warp, Drain, Death

Name: Lailah

Side: Light

Party: Alone, but will join with the Warriors of the Light

Physical Appearance: She stands at 5'7", and has a light build. She has raven black hair, slightly curled, it reaches to the middle of her back. She has one intense, violet colored eye, and always wears a deep red-violet silk ribbon that covers her missing eye. She wears a simple black corset and a long black skirt. She also wears silver bracelets bearing a family crest, an angel carrying a scythe.

Personality: She is typically quiet and reserved, but will speak freely with those she trusts. As the estranged daughter of the psychopathic Abaddon, she has had an unpleasant childhood, trained in the dark knight arts as soon as she could hold a sword, she lost her left eye in training to her own father. She ran away from home at the age of 13 to study the Paladin arts, the first step in her path of repentance for the many sins she comitted in her father's name. She has developed a strong sense of morality and justice and will not hesitate to enforce her moral laws with her great power.

Abilities(fighting style/moves): Lailah specializes in the Paladin arts, but still has a great deal of Dark Knight lore at her disposal. Her melee skills are more similar to the traditional Falgabard Dark Knight style, known for its brutal efficiency and terrible strength. Unlike most Paladins, she does not use a shield, preferring to use a two handed sword for optimal offensive capability as a Dark Knight would.

Tribe: Unknown

Job: She alternates freely between the styles of the Paladin and Dark Knight
    Last edited by Heartless Angel; 04-26-2012 at 11:36 PM.

cool you are accepted so, when do you want to start Rping? I can take on the roles of Arc, Luneth, Refia and Ingus whilst we are waiting for some more people to join so that we can get started, then give up the roles if people ask for them! so when do you want to start? (it's nice to know that there are still some FF role-players out there!)

Totally up to you, I'm ready whenever, if you're down with 2 man RP that's fine, might be kinda dull with me not being a part of the heroes' party, but if you wanna go for it, I'm game.

Its ok I do two people role-plays all the time! I will start us off!

I walk up to the vast entrance off the cave in front of me, this is yet another one of Luneth's wild cave adventures, great! I walk next to Arc for protection, he has the strongest magic so he can defend me better. I stte into the dark I have to admit I am scared!

He sat beneath a waterfall deep within the cave, meditating, surrounded by the corpses of monsters he slew to get there. It was a training spot he frequented to hone his scythe skills in addition to meditating. He'd been using this spot since he was a child, since the day he was sent here for his trial to prove himself as a warrior in Falgabard. The trial which earned him the right to learn the Dark Knight arts, even if his training was never completed. It truly speaks to his cruelty that Abaddon should be the only warrior in history whom even the Dark Knights, renowned for their ferocity and relentlessness, had deemed too wicked to be trained in the ways of the sword. This area of the cave had interesting acoustics, the echoes from the entire cave seemed to gather at this point, where anything could be heard. His concentration was broken by the sound of footsteps entering his cave. "Hmm? Someone is here.", he said to himself.

my heart is pounding in my chest, Ingus and Refia are lurking at the back of the party, muttering amoungst themselves, Luneth is charging ahead.
    "Keep the noise down!" I hiss at him,
    "Why? you scared?!" he laughs loudly, taunting me, my nerves are jumping, I can tell that Arc is feeling the same way I am,
    "she may have a point" he whipers at Luneth,
    "you two are so cautious! loosen up a bit won't ya? you're spoiling the fun!" Luneth laughs back at us, Arc flushes a deep red and I duck my head in shame, maybe Luneth is right, maybe we should let loose a bit.
    That is when I hear it, a sound like shoes scuffing the stony ground,
    "Arc," I whisper,
    "yes," he whispers back,
    "can you hear that? the scuffing noise?"
    "yeah, I heard it but I didn't want to say anything in case Luneth said I was being a baby again"
    I tighten my grip around my sword and Arc's walk becomes stiffer, his knuckles are white he is holding his rod of fire so tightly and his shoulders are falling up and down as his breathing exhilerates.
    "are you ok?" I ask him,
    "y-yes I am f-fine" he stutters, he is shaking now so I pull him over to the side behind a boulder,
    "Arc you are most definatley not ok, please tell me, what is wrong?" I look across into his eyes,
    he looks down flushing red,
    "don't judge me," he says
    "never" I reply
    "I am a little bit, a little bit scared, I don't like this place at all" he replies, I know it must have taken him alot to confide in me, I pull him into a hug, when we let go we rejoin the party,

He paced for a bit, wondering if Falgabard would truly be foolish enough to send more Dark Knights after him so soon. He looked to his feet, just in front of him was a black helmet. "Hmph.", he said, kicking it towards a human corpse in the distance. He looked upwards at a few stalactites. He quickly planted his scythe in the ground, using it to vault into the air, spinning quickly, striking at them with his scythe, landing cleanly, spinning around and striking the falling rocks with the back of the blade ed of his weapon, crushing the falling stalactites on impact, leaving only dust in their place. "Let them come!", he said to himself.

As we walk further into the cave I hear noises like the snapping of bones, I start to sweat there is defiantly something here whether it be human or even a dragon it is not a reassurig sound

Abaddon sat down quietly, scythe resting on one shoulder. He began focusing intently on picking up every echo to determine the enemy's number and size. In combat he was well known for analyzing his enemies and finding any weakness and exploiting it. Sizing up a foe before confrontation was his preferred method of preparing for battle.

as the party walks through seemingly endless tunnels and cracks we eventually reach the entrance to what seems like an immensly huge sized cavern, as Luneth darts around to run into it I shout,
    "what are you doing?! there could be anything in there!!" I instantly regret making this level of noise and know that I have given the existance and position of the party away to any monster or person dwelling inside the cavern, Luneth's violet eyes widen, I can tell that he is worried, he unsheaths his sword and holds it at the ready.
    I also unsheath my sword and prepare to bring it crashing down on anything that might be a threat to me or the party.
    "stay behind me" Arc whispers behind him,

He stepped forward from the shadows he'd been concealing himself in as he group moved deeper into the cavern, only to see five youths. "Children? I was expecting more assassins or soldiers, but it seems I was worried over nothing.", he said, moving in front of the group, showing his scythe. "Never killed a kid before. Still, can't have you telling anyone else about this spot. I suppose there must be a first time for everything.", he said, entering a fighting stance with his weapon at the ready.

I hold my sword at the ready, prancing on my toes in aggitation, Luneth makes the first move, he slahes his sword down at lightning fast speeds, it misses the man by an inch and he moves around for a second shot.

One of the boys lunged at him, slashing downwards. Analyzing the boy's stepping pattern, maximum reach, and shoulder movement, he could immediately tell that this attack was meant to miss. If it was his intent to intimidate him, he had failed miserably, Abaddon didn't so much as blink as the blade narrowly missed his face. He watched carefully as the child brought the sword around for another pass. "I see, a feint. You had hoped to catch me in the middle of a dodge so that I'd be unable to avoid the second stroke. Sorry to disappoint, but an amateur maneuver like that won't work on me.", he said in an empty, emotionless voice. He knocked Luneth's sword away with the back of his spinning scythe, quickly changing the path of the swing, guiding the blade to make a shallow cut on the boy's face, all in one fluid motion. He calmly raised the blade of his scythe to his face, licking the blood from the blade, the lowering it back into a fighting stance. "As I thought. You're nothing special. Just a child who thinks he has what it takes to be a warrior. Well, let me give you some pointers to take with you to the next life. First of all, that sword is a tool, not a toy. Stop waving it around like a feather duster, and don't let it do all the work. Your form is sloppy, your footwork is terrible. Being a swordsman isn't just about swinging around a sharp object until you manage to cut something important. To master a weapon is to learn to treat it as an extension of your own body. To master a weapon is to master oneself. Let's begin the next lesson.", he said. He struck the side of Luneth's head with the pole of his scythe, spinning his body, kicking with both legs and striking with the pole at the other end of the scythe as they each passed, he continued this pattern for a second revolution, but instead of a normal kick with the final pass of his right leg, he jumped into a kneeing attack, lifting Luneth into the air, just before coming down hard with the back of his scythe, throwing him to the ground. "The second lesson is this: Your own body is as dangerous a weapon as your sword when used properly, do not waste it.", he said, returning once more to his standard stance.
    Last edited by Heartless Angel; 04-24-2012 at 01:15 PM.

I watch in horror as poor Luneth was thrown about like he was nothing,
    "He is a warrior!" I shout at the man, I shudder as he laughs and licks Luneth's blood off his blade,
    "Aliera, shush, this guy can hurt you!" Arc whispers at me, I can hear panic in his voice,
    "I know what I am doing!" I shout at him, he is taken aback by my sudden boldness and so he is too stunned to move to stop me when I step towrds the man, I kneel down beside Luneth, he is in shock and cannot move his right arm properly, in a sudden fit of rage I stand and face the man who dares to offend us,
    "what do you think you are doing here anyways?!! we are not here to hurt you, we are children and this was just a bit of fun! now look what you have done! I could take you on any day and beat you! you are just a bully and an idiot!!" I finish, I hear Arc gasp and Luneth looks up at me with pleading eyes to just turn around and go back to the party where I am safe, I know I have overstepped my boundries, but I am in the heat of the moment and adrenalline courses through my veins.

He laughed slightly as the girl scolded him. He moved his face within a few centimeters of hers, with a sickening smile on his face. "It seems your friend there has a great deal more concern for your safety than you do. It seems you two are close. I wonder, what would you do if he were to die here?", he asked, planting his scythe into the ground, and vaulting over the girl, landing cleanly behind Arc, moving the blade of his scythe to his throat. "Tell me, how would you prefer to die boy? Impalement? Decapitation? Blood loss? Poison perhaps? How about being burned alive? I'm in a generous mood, I'll let you decide.", he said calmly.
    Last edited by Heartless Angel; 04-24-2012 at 12:30 PM.

I can't stop myself,
    "arc" I whimper, the one thing that I can never let happen is for Arc to die, he looks back at me with wide-eyes, he is not that bravest and he won't defend himself, forgetting Luneth I try and approach the man,
    "Please let him go free, you can kill me instead, do whatever you wish but don't hurt him!" I shout, tears running freely from my eyes, Arc is almost pleading silently with me not to, he cannot move his head becuase the fine blade is so near, I kneel on the floor, I am ready to die, throwing my sword away I wait for the man's decision

He lowered his weapon and shouldered it, walking past the coward, the kneeling girl and the barely conscious boy, heading back towards the waterfall. With his back to the party he spoke in a bored, monotone voice, "Three wide eyed bystanders, a coward with a crush, and a hotheaded fool who thinks he can fight. You guys sure are a bunch of winners, you're not even worth killing", he said, as he picked up a small travel bag near the waterfall. "Maybe some day when you've all grown up a bit we'll fight again, but for now you're just a waste of my time.", he said. He raised one hand in front of him and began gathering magic energy. "Warp!", he shouted, as he vanished into a spatial distortion.

I watch after the man, I can't believe what just happened! the man who was so cruel and eager to kill, just teleported out? with only a few drops of blood spilt? Luneth is lying on the floor with his mouth hanging open, I am blushing furiously once I realise what I revieled about myself, I admitted my feelings for Arc in front of the entire party, they don't seemes to have noticed, Arc has fainted on the floor from a micture of fright and shock, Refia is kneeling down trying to revive him, with Ingus watching worridley over him, I help Luneth off the floor.

He looked back at the cave entrance as he walked further away from it. "Four souls of purest light... it would seem the world is once again trying to correct the balance of Light and Darkness... perfect.", he said with a grin. A plan was being hammered out in his warped, wicked mind, a plan to usher in an era of shadows and despair.

"we are never again going on a cave adventure into somewhere no one else has explored before us and came back out! We are lucky to be alive!" I shout at Luneth, he looks ready to speak but Refia cuts him off short and gives him a proper scolding, an argument flares up, but I have no energy to stop them. I walk over towards Ingus and Arc, he is awake and holding his head.
    "are you alright?" I ask him, he nods his head

Slow clapping could be heard as a girl in black stepped from the shadows. "Good job, it took me months to track him here. I was going to wait until he had exhausted himself with his training to attack, but now he's gone thanks to you guys.", she said, approaching the group. She looked around, analyzing the group. "Hm. Looks like you're a pretty lucky bunch to meet him when he's in a good mood. The last dozen or so people who came in here weren't so fortunate.", he said, pointing over to a pile of dead Dark Knights. "That man is a wanted criminal in Falgabard... amongst other places. Actually I'm reasonably certain he's got a price on his head just about everywhere. Back home they called him the 'Grim Reaper of Falgabard'. He kills like it's nothing. You should be careful to avoid him in the future, it's very unlikely you'll catch him on a merciful day twice. In fact, you're the first survivors of Abaddon I've even heard of. Who are you guys anyways?", she asked.

I watch as a girl steps forwards from the shadows, I am wary of her as she claims she knows the man who tried to kill us! Arc dazidly gets up from the floor to try and stand in front of me to sheild me, but he is still to dizzy and falls backdown.
    "I think the question is, who are you?" Ingus asks. we wait for the girl to reply,
    "don't be so formal Ingus!" Luneth shouts, the arguing is back again I guess it was never going to stay away for long.
    "My name is Luneth, this is Aliera, Arc, Reia and the blond loud-mouth is Ingus" Luneth finishes,
    "you should be more careful, just giving our names away like that!" Ingus shouts at Luneth

"Calm down kids..." she said in a bored tone. She reached into the pack at her waist and removed a scroll from it. "My name is Lailah. I'm from Falgabard. I was sent to kill Abaddon.", she said, tossing the scroll at Luneth's feet. "Those are my execution orders if you don't believe me.", she walked slightly past the group. "Anyways, if it's all the same to you guys, I'd like to continue the conversation outside. I've been down here for days, and the smell of death in this cave is really starting to get to me.", she said, still walking towards the cavern's exit.

I watch as Luneth tries to grab the scroll, Ingus beats him too it and they collide,
    "you idiot!" Ingus shouts Luneth's way,
    "Speak for yourself!" Luneth yells back, a fight breaks out, as I watch the two boys knock the living daylights out of each other, I slowly walk over to the scroll and pick it up, the boys are so engrossed in the fight that they don't notice me, I quickly retreat back to safety and read the scroll in my hands.
    "she is right!" I say, and pass the scroll over to Arc, after he has read it he passes it to Refia, they nod their heads at each other.
    "she is safe I believe," Refia says,
    "I agree with Refia" Arc nods his head in aknowladgement.
    "Let us go with her then and leave these two morons," I say flicking my head towards the fight, "to themselves.

Lailah looked back at the boys fighting. She merely sighed and shook her head as she proceeded to exit the cave, the other three following not too far behind. "I'm glad I was never like that...", she mumbled, "Maybe it's just a boy thing...", she finished as she caught a glimpse of daylight, she was nearly outside again. She broke into a run, anxious to be back in the sunlight. She felt a wave of relief overtake her as the sunlight touched her skin. She let out a long sigh of contentment. "Feels really good to be out of that place.", she said to no one in particular as she stretched and wandered around a bit before finally taking the sword off of her back and laying down in the grass.

I watch as Lailah falls down into the soft grass in the sunshine, I too and relieved to be back in the sun and fresh air, even though we have only been inside the cave for a couple of hours, Arc face returns to its normal glow, his freckles obvious on his cheeks, he looks so sweet and happy, oops did I really just think that,
    "so how come you knew where the man was?" I ask Lailah.

She opened her eyes and glanced towards Aliera. "Actually it's not the first time I've been here with him. He's used this cave as a training spot for years. I tracked him part of the way, but as we got closer I knew this is where he was, so I hurried here, and sure enough, there he was meditating under the waterfall like he always does.", she said, not elaborating on what she meant when she said she'd been here with Abaddon before. She sat up and rested her head on one hand before speaking. "I'm all too familiar with most of his training spots, though I wish I weren't.", she said in a sad voice. "Lost this in one of them.", she said, pointing to the ribbon covering her missing eye, "The eye that is, not the ribbon.", she added.

I gasp, I had never noticed the silky ribbon crossing her eye before, Arc and Refia both gasp,
    "I guess we were lucky to get away from him alive" I tell them, then turn back towards Lailah, "H-how did it happen?" I ask her, I know it is a sensitive subject for her, but I am a curios sort and I need to know as much as possible about her to make sure that I can completley trust her.
    "Arc, go and sort the boys out, they probably don't even know that Lailah is here"

"It happened when I was nine.", she said. She got to her feet, and placing one hand on the ribbon. "We were training, and he got a little carried away. Caught me with his scythe as I was trying to dodge. Of course he wasn't the least bit sorry about it.", she smiled slightly. "I suppose in his own twisted way, he taught me something important that day. You won't walk away from every fight without sacrifice unless you're strong.", she finished. She picked up the sword she had left in the grass and returned it to its place on her back. "And so I became strong. And with that strength, I intend to repay my dear old dad for that eye. With seven years interest figured in I'd guess that adds up to his life. Not that I'm too concerned with whether or not his life is a fair trade, he deserves to die either way.", she said coldly.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast