Thread: Rinoa's Adventure.[Final Fantasy VIII Character's Included]

Rinoa's Adventure.[Final Fantasy VIII Character's Included]

The darkness had swept over the grounds of Balamb Garden, making their shadows dance across the floor, making them look like demons from another world. There, sat a girl in her dormroom, unknown to the rest of the world, so she thought. She couldn't understand why he had left her and why this had all turned around badly for her. She had seeked out her friend's since his departure, but they didn't know much about his disappearance nor did they wish to understand why, considering most of them possibly thought that he was dead, which the young girl had refused to believe.

The girl's name was Rinoa Heartilly. She was 17 years old and wanting something more from her life. She had been friends with everyone in the Garden and now she wanted something different. But what? She had often found herself thinking. Glancing at the bag beside her, she knew that she had an advantage to escape the Garden, but often she would consider her friends in such things. What would they do without her? Rinoa gazed down at the floor, her chocolate coloured orbs seemed to be fasinated with the ground more than usual, while her long raven hair seemed to fly past her shoulders and surround her face from view. Maybe this wouldn't have happened and she wouldn't feel like this, if he hadn't left. Months back, Squall Leonhart, Rinoa's past love, had left. Left the Garden and left Rinoa. Without a word. This broke Rinoa's heart and she couldn't find any solution onto why he had left.

Knowing this was the only way she could go and out and find him and prove that he wasn't dead, was to go out and find him herself. Sighing, she grasped hold of her bag, some money and some clothing for the adventure ahead of her. Pushing everything into the bag, she put it over her shoulders and walked over to the door. Glancing back, she looked at her Dorm room one last time, knowing it would be the last time she would see this room in a long time. She smiled tenderly and turned the knob and walked out into the dark hallway. Now it was just making it to the front Gate without being seen. That was Rinoa's first mission on her new Adventure.

Balamb garden, a place that many people saw and called home. A place that had many students who would train hard to become a part of Balamb's secret army. The mighty SeeDs. The indestructible hope and future of Balamb. Students would train hard in the training center to come stronger. However, there was one student who wanted to do a solo training session. Minutes later the slaying of many beasts were heard. Blood was all over the floor and the wall. Many would think this would disgust the man, but instead of being the disgusted by the sensations of the slayings he welcomed it. This man was Seifer Almasy.

Seifer Almasy was an 18 year old proud member of the Disclipinary commitee of Balamb. To the contrary, Seifer disliked rules and liked to fight by his rules and no one else's. Seifer had set goals for himself. He called them dreams. There was one dream that stood out more than the rest it was nicknamed his "romantic dream". The dream stated that he would one day find love. The love that would make him stronger and better then any amount of training could do. Seifer needed to find that love it was almost an obsession to him. He had heard that love could sometimes change a man into a different person. Change the man for the good. Seifer liked that idea, if there was a woman who could help him be a better person he would find her.

Seifer set off through the hallways of Balamb and prepared to see if there were any missions for him. Although not a proper SeeD. Seifer was considered a great asset to Seed, because of his incredible skills with his weapon the gunblade. Not many could wield the gunblade. t was a very rare and strange weapon. Part gun, part sword. Used for close and long range combat. This weapon also had the unique ability to junction magic too it. That was the secret and the trump card to the mighty gunblade. Seifer saw several missions needed his assistance. He knew that sooner or later he would be on a mission that would help him fulfill his "romantic dream". The quest of Seifer Almasy was about to begin.

Upon hearing the annoucement that the Forest Owls had been under sege since Rinoa had last been there. She had always remembered the good times that they had, hanging out together, all the mess they used to cause, being young and reckless, but until she had been transfered to Balamb Garden, Rinoa had seemed to have lost that mood, and that enthusiasm to do anything reckless like she used to do in the old days anymore. She had lost that mood to do anything about what she was doing, yet she wanted to go on an adventure none-the-less.

Hearing about the Garden's new mission, Rinoa had decided to sign herself up, knowing nobody on the mission except that of herself. She knew that being back in Timber would bring back alot of old memories and some new ones, perhaps. Rinoa had given up on love since Squall had left her. She couldn't believe that someone like him would leave her. To think she loved him, and trusted him not to leave, and here he was doing this to her. Just thinking about it, Rinoa couldn't help but fight off the tears that stung her eyes. Wiping them clean off her face, she decided that this was the best way to get over Squall and into the world outside the Garden. Something Different, she thought to herself.

Sighing her name up for the mission, she felt good about doing so. She looked along the lists of people that would be there with her. Their names were some people that she hardly knew but had seen them around. She decided not to let this bother her, and if anyone else signed up, she would see who it was, as they would update the names. Since there wasn't many for the mission, Rinoa couldn't set out into the mission nor her new adventure as of yet. Rinoa sat waiting, paitently for the next student to sign and she would be on her way.

Seifer Almasy began to train ithe training center, which was a daily routine for him. Seifer would constantly fight more and more and would never give up until he was the strongest warrior the gardens had ever witnessed. Seifer suddenly heard the intercom go off "ALMASY SEIFER I REPEAT ALMASY SEIFER IS REQUESTED TO SEE THE HEADMASTER." a female voice said on the intercom. Seifer wondered what was going on.

Seifer would go to the headmaster Cid's office "Yeah, what do you want?" Seifer said to the headmaster. Seifer never showed anyone respect who didn't deserve it. In his mine Cid was nothing more than a coward with a "headmaster" title. Cid knew this but would ignore his attitude. "Balamb requests that you accompany our guest to the forests of Timber. She will need a veteran to assist her. She is a transfer from Galbadia." Cid informed Seifer. "She? Just who exactly do you have me babysitting Cid?" Seifer asked. Cid looked at Seifer seriously " I want you to "babysit" as you say the daughter of general Caraway." Cid said. As Seifer heard this his eyes opened wide. He had heard of the legendary general, but did not know he had a daughter. "Whre is she?" Seifer asked "Please come in Miss heartilly." Cid said as he pushed a button on the desk.

Rinoa walked in and Seifer could not believe it for the first time ever he was weak in the knees. Seifer was over taken by her long raven hair and her beautiful brown eyes. "Seifer I'd like you to meet you assignment......Miss Rinoa Heartilly." Cid said. Seifer was at a lost for words "H---H---Hi. My name is......Sei---Seifer Almasy. Nice to meet you." Seife said as he scratched his head. "Smooth....real smooth Seifer." Seifer said to himself as he waited for Rinoa to introduce herself to him.

Rinoa heard that she was needed in the Headmaster's office, so she headed there directly from what she was doing before. She brushed her hair back and found her heart was pounding in her chest. She knew that they had found someone to look after her while she was on her mission and she knew that the mission would begin soon, which hence she found out her heart was beating so much.

Opening the door, and hearing her name, she walked in, seeing headmaster Cid with a rather handsome young man. She looked at him with a curious look and tilted her head, some of her raven coloured hair fell over her face and hid one of her chocolate coloured eyes, which she soon moved away with the grace of her right hand.

Rinoa extended out her hand and grasped the young man's as he nervously introduced himself to her. "Hi! My name is Rinoa Heartilly, as you may well have known by now, by this lovely man" Rinoa said, looking at Headmaster Cid and winked at him, giving him a cheesy grin. "She suddenly diverted her gaze to the young man by the name of Seifer Almasy. She hadn't seen him around much, so this was a new guy to her and she didn't know anything about him. She giggled at his nervousness and smiled brightly, and warmly. "No need to be shy around me, Seiffy. So, whats our mission, Boss?" Rinoa asked, letting go of his hand and placed it by her side, tilting her head to the side, in a curious state, wondering what Seifer would say next.

Cid smiled as he saw how nice Rinoa Heartilly was. Cid also noticed the way Seifer was staring at her. "Ahh young love." Cid thought to himself. "Ok your mission is simple. We have an informant who resides at Galbadia Garden. He has some information for us regarding Galbadia and how they plan to launch a sneak attack against us. He will be in the forests of Timber. Ever since the war between the gardens in the past, their security has doubled. You two will have to sneak in. I chose you Seifer because you have great fighting strategies and techniques that I respect, and I chose you Miss Heartilly because no one in Balamb knows the forests of Timber like you do. Remember this is a sneaking mission, which means no casualties. Do I make myself clear......Seiffy?" Cid said as he gave Seifer a dirty look. Seifer shrugged his shoulders "Don't worry I won't kill anyone, well not on this mission anyways." Seifer said while smirking. Cid rolled his eyes "Other than that I'm sure you two can handle the rest on your own. Good Luck and come back alive."Cid said as he dismissed his students.

Seifer walked side by side with Rinoa as they began their journey to Galbadia garden and into the Forests of Timber. Seifer could not believe how attracted he was to Rinoa. No woman has ever had him on edge like Rinoa had. "There's something I was wondering Rinoa. How does a sweet girl like you come from a tough place like Galbadia? And since you are from Galbadia, what made you want to transfer to Balamb? Why do you want to become a SeeD? I know these are a lot of personal questions but we have a long walk ahead of us. So I figure we better not make it boring." Seifer said as he picked a rose from the garden they were walking through. Seifer offered it to Rinoa.
    Last edited by Seiffy08; 02-24-2008 at 10:21 AM.

Hearing the headmaster's words, she smiled and noticed that this 'Seifer' was some hothead and always wanted some action in his life. Rinoa blushed slightly when she heard his tone of voice against the mission. She brushed her soft raven coloured bangs away from her eyes and stared downwards towards the ground, until Cid had dismissed them both. Walking out of the office, Rinoa closed the door behind her and walked out of the Garden with Seifer and the other SeeD's.

Rinoa smiled as Seifer offered the rose to her as they both walked alongside each other. Rinoa knew that if they were to be on this mission, they had to get to know each other, which Rinoa respected. She held the rose gently to her chest and gave him a wide smile. "Well..I transfired to Balamb as I means of getting away from that place I once called Home. I hated my Father...My Mother..I never knew as she died at childbirth..but I was told by many people that she was a great woman and people can often see her in me...Her kindness..her thoughts...her beauty, which I doupt" Rinoa chuckled to herself as she walked. Now she was getting to ahead of herself, and she stopped talking about her mother. "Opps, sorry, I was getting way into that..I didn't mean too..and well..I wanted to become a SeeD to prove to everyone back home and my Father that I'm not just some worthless girl who can't do anything for herself or fight for herself or fight for her homeland. And I guess you could say thats about it..What about you? I would love to know your story, Mr Almasy" Rinoa chuckled again and smiled up towards him, brushing her soft bangs of hair away from her chocolate coloured eyes, and remained eye contact with him as they both walked.

Seifer looked up in the air as he began to reminisce about his past. "My story is somewhat sad. I never knew my parents. I was born an orphan. I don't remember much about it though. Although I do remember being lonely a lot. However, because I felt so alone I always had a fear that people would hunt me down and possibly kill me. I could not let that happen. So I trained and trained so I could defend myself. After succeeding in so many SeeD missions, I'm quite pleased with my results." Seifer said with confidence."I do have one question as well Rinoa, if we are forced to embrace combat can you defend yourself?" Seifer asked.

Seifer and Rinoa finally arrived at the train station to Galbadia Garden. Out of the corner of Seifer's eye he could see a man dressed as a cowboy reading dirty magazines. Seifer rolled his eyes and began to sit in the train across from Rinoa. "Rinoa....this may seem like a personal question but do you believe in true love? All my life I've always believed in a romantic dream. A day that I meet a woman who would have such an effect on me that I would fall in love with her and be her knight. I know it sounds like a silly dream, but I really want it to come true. Do you think it is a foolish dream Rinoa?" Seifer asked as the train drove fast through the tunnels.

Rinoa smiled as she sat across from Seifer, glancing every now and again outside, checking out the senerary around them as they 'puffed' along. She brushed her hair away again and focused on Seifer, her eyes gave a look of deep thought as she heard Seifer's story and heard about his dream.

"I guess...I do believe in true love..but I never thought much about it...I once knew a man...whom I believed to have loved me..and would have always protected me..but..he left..and I myself was also lonely.." Rinoa said, suddenly turning away from Seifer and glanced out of the window again. Then she had remembered his question of combat before they had gotten on the train. She turned to him and gave him a smile of such confidence. "If combat embraces me, then so be it, I shall fight and never give up" Rinoa smiled and punched the air, in victory and brushed her hair off her shoulders, and chuckled. She seemed rather childish at times, she had often thought, but wouldn't think much of it as she didn't care what anyone thought.

Rinoa smiled once again and nodded as her soft bangs went over her face as she nodded and glanced back at the window with a cheesy smile on her face.

Seifer looked out the window and for a moment opened up and showed Rinoa a different side to him. A side that he kept in the shadows. His sensitive side. "Do you think its possible for someone to love me? Or am I destined to be a lonely warrior? What if the mistakes I have made in the past has earned me this fate?" As Seifer said this a small tear rolled gently down his cheeks. Seifer quickly wiped off and stared into the sunset.

"This man you speak of....was he a student at the academy of Balamb or Galbadia? If so what was his name I probably knew him. If it's too painful to talk about I understand." Seifer said. Suddenly a voice on the intercom would appear. "Now arriving in Galbadia Garden beware the dangers of the hidden forests of Timber." the conductor said. "That's our stop Rinoa. Come on let's go. Stand by me Rinoa I've heard e forests have groups like the Forest foxes and the forest owls of Timber. These organization groups are groups we can't be seen by. So please stay close to me and we can succeed this sneaking mission with flying colors." Seifer said as he held Rinoa's gentle hand. Rinoa's hand was so soft, it made Seifer feel at ease.

Rinoa felt Seifer's soft hand in her own, which made her smile sweetly. It was a smile that hadn't been risen on her face for sometime. Not since he had left. Thinking about him, she sighed and looked towards the ground.

"This man I speak of, His name is Squall Leonhart, you must know him as I remember you both fought one day in the Balamb Training center. Well, I am upset that the fact he has just left me. I mean..I come here because I met him and thats the reason why I'm an exchange student coming to Balamb." Rinoa said, looking up into Seifer's eyes as she spoke. Suddenly before she could say anything, Rinoa heard alot of noise as she stepped out onto the train platrom as she advanced to their first mission together.

"Ready, Seifer?" Rinoa said as she held his hand in her own as they both walked off the train together and into the battlegrounds of their first mission.

"Squall Leonhart!" Seifer said with a lot of determination in his voice. As he said this name his fists began to ball up and his feet began to sink deeper in the ground deeper and deeper. Seifer's teeth began to tighten"Yes, I know that emo. He's the only person that has ever truly challenged me in battle. I guess you could call us rivals. He 's kisses up to instructor Quistis Trepe all of the time. If it wasn't for her, he wouldn't even qualify as a SeeD. The low-class dog. Always telling people to follow orders, since when did he become commander and chief huh?" Seifer said sounding very bitter. Seifer soon calmed himself down. "I apologize for that outburst Rinoa, let's just say Squall Leonhart is not my favorite person to talk about." Seifer said

Seifer looked ahead and saw two guards guarding there entry. Seifer remembered that he was on a sneaking mission which meant no killing. Seifer knew he had to think carefully on their actions. "Rinoa, are you ready to get your hands dirty. You're a very beautiful woman. We can use that to our advantage. Rinoa I need you to approach those men and distract them. Use any methods necessary. Dont be ashamed to use your uhh ahem assets." Seifer said. "Don't worry before they can lay a hand on you, I'll be there to knock them out so we can proceed with our mission, but in order for that to happen I need you to dstract them. Can you do it Rinoa?" Seifer asked Rinoa.

Nodding her head, she looked at the guards before them. She knew that Seifer was right and she knew to get to the next part of their mission, she had to do something for them to get past. Now, seeing two male Guards, she knew what she had to do. Grinning slightly, she laid a hand on Seifer's shoulder. "I can handle it"

Getting up onto her feet, she advanced towards the two guards, who noticed her automactically. Rinoa slightly shivered at the looks they had on their faces when they had noticed her. Like a preditor seeing it's prey. She shivered at the mere thought of what they would do. A few feet infront of them, she stopped and smiled, putting her right arm up, and extended out her hand, in a waving motion. "Hey, Mister big tough guys, Is it fair that I beautiful woman like myself is allowed back there?" Rinoa asked, with the sweetness in her voice, her eyes all 'Puppy dog' like, and pointed towards the back of the guards. The guards shook their heads, on which Rinoa knew was going to happen.

Rinoa smiled, this was her chance now. Walking a few steps towards the men, she placed herself gracefully up against them, as if she was grinding against them. "Awww, but there are some people in there who...well..I need to see right away..Can I not just have a sneaky peek?" Rinoa asked. Then she felt one of the guards grab her and thrust her against the wall. "Well, sweet-thing, you'll have to give us something in return if you wish to pass through those gates" He said, with an evil sneer on his face. "G--G--Give what?" Rinoa stuttered. She felt the rim of her shorts go up, as the men came close to her. Rinoa didn't know this is what Seifer meant, but this time she was in deep trouble. She couldn't see Seifer nor anyone for that matter. She felt so alone.

Suddenly the tears came running down her face. One of the men stroked her face. "Don't worry, sweet-thing, this won't hurt abit" They both laughed as Rinoa began to close her eyes, waiting for the pain to come. 'They've gone and left me..I just know it', Rinoa thought in her mind, as she closed her eyes, tears slowly coming down her cheeks. There was no way out for her this time.

Rinoas screams, awoke a man sat it the corner. Sitting up and dropping his adult magazine, It came plain to see that he was a tallish, child like sort of a man. his skin complection clean and his hair tied back into a ponytale, helinto place by a black alastic band. He stepped forward pating the dust off his long baige leather jacket.

"I dont think the lil lady wants to be treated like that, not by the like of you anyway."
    the guard turned towards the man, glaring into his eyes.

"who's goin to stop me tough guy? you?, dont make me laugh this isnt the wild west son. Why dont you forget what you've seen and walk away?"

The stranger straightened his hat. Upon a small galnce he could see Rinoas tears, slowly trickling down her face.

"Well I could just walk away, but I choose not to. After all shes the reason im here, how unlucky for you ah?"

The gaurds head dropped into his chest. shlders shrugged back, "hahahhaaha, your funeral son, dont worry sweet-thing ill be two miniutes at the most, then ill be all yours." the guard said with a sure tainted voice, he turned to Rinoa smirking as he banished upon her a sligh wink.
    the guards face turned back to find a double barrel shotgun meeting the tip of his stubbled chin.

"See I would've turned back quite contently, but unfortunate for you my shotgun had other ideas. So how bout you let the girl go and step back to the cabin door."

Rinoa plunged to the floor in a heap, "Cumon lil-lady, get behind me, Cid wont be very happy f I let something happen to you, dont worry im on your side"

Seeing the unknown man infront of her, seeing his cocky attitude to the predictament that she was in, Rinoa had to stumbled across the floor towards the man. Senseing that she was moving, the other man grabbed her leg, causing Rinoa to stumble back downwards onto the floor. She screamed as she felt his grip on her leg, but thrusted her leg upwards and cracked her foot against his chin, hearing the crunching sound of his jaw suddenly snapping from the force of her foot.

Rinoa turned back and tried to make out her fellow companions that were hidden away out of sight. She tried to make out Seifer within the odd looking leaves close to her. 'I thought he said nothing would happen to me', Rinoa merely thought to herself. But she shook that thought off and stumbled towards the stranger, giving him a glance and nodded her head. She stood beside him, ready to fight if he came to that. Noticing that the stranger had suddenly given her a rather strange glance, regarding the flying kick she had blown on the soldier beforehand, she smirked slightly. "Just a few moves I picked up along the way" Chuckling to herself, Rinoa spoke.

Glancing to the side, she could just make out Seifer within the bushes along with the other co-workers. "Seifer! Now!" Rinoa said, knowing that it was the right time for them to come out and attack. "Our aim is not to kill them, but merely just throw them off guard so we can get inside this place" Rinoa said to the stranger standing next to her, noting that he had mentioned headmaster Cid's name when he first spoken to her. She knew that he was on her side for sure; Merely just by him saying that. She knew she could trust him.

Seifer stood in the shadows above the soldiers, Rinoa & the new stranger. Seifer watched and saw the events take place. Everything was going according to plan. Everything except the appearance of the new stranger. "Great, I just knew Cid wouldn't trust me to handle this on my own." Seifer thought to himself. However, Seifer could not worry about that. His mission was to make sure Rinoa was safe, and he vowed to never fail a mission. Seifer jumped down and hit both guards over the back of the head with his gunblde knocking them unconscious. Seifer's instincts told him to fire the gunblade and give the guards a closed casket funeral, but Seifer knew it ws a sneaking mission and killing was prohibited.

Seifer looked at Rinoa "Nice work, that worked like a charm." Seifer said as he looked at the man in the cowboy hat. "I wasn't aware that any other members from Balamb had signed for this mission. My name is Seifer Almasy, and this is the lovely Rinoa Heartilly. You can introduce yourself as we figure out a way to infiltrate this place." Seifer said as he looked around seeing there was plenty of paths to take. However, Seifer knew that if they chose the wrong path, it might be the last move they ever make. "Rinoa? You know Timber better then anyone of us. What's our next move?" Seifer asked

Suddenly an alarm sounded "2 superior officials down. Intruder alert!! Intruder Alert!! I repeat 2 superior officials down!!! Be on the look out for intruders" A voice shouted on the intercom. "Oh great. Rinoa we have to hurry where do we go?" Seifer asked Rinoa waiting for her to show them a way to safety.

The stranger stood from his couching position, he lowered his blackish brown hat over his eyes. And stood with his shotgun flung over his shoulder held with his right hand, his stance was cocky but cool.

"This is no time for introduction" insited the stanger, lifting his tip of his hat with his shotgun, and then pointing it at the junction.
    "Where to then lil-lady? your call, where you go I go."

Seifer began to raise is eyebrow as he looked at the Cowboy stranger. "No introduction? Then what may I ask do we call you?" Seifer asked. The sound of footsteps of soldiers could be heard coming from above."Look, we're short on time. I heard you mentioned Cid, how do you know him? Before we make any moves, you have to prove to us, that you're not working for Galbadia. It's not that I don't trust you not at all. It's just a.......formality." Seifer said to the stranger who tugged on his cowboy hat.

Seifer would then turn his attention to Rinoa. "Rinoa, the more we wait, the more time they have to capture us. I don't know Timber as well as you do. Please, do you know any quick shortcuts that'll get us out of this. Whatever it is you have planned you better do it now." Seifer said as he heard soldiers beginning to unlock the door that was near them.

Rinoa's face was suddenly a picture of fright and she didn't know on which direction she had to turn too. She glanced at Seifer, giving him a hard cold stare. "Look, Seifer, It takes me time to figure out on which way is the best way; Stop presuring me!" Rinoa said, turning around, away from Seifer. She closed her eyes and tried to remember which direction they should turn. She hoped that the way she picked wouldn't get them into trouble.

Opening her eyes she looked towards the left. There was a small crouching hideaway hidden on which led to the main town of Timber. She beckoned them to follow her, crouching down into a small postion and pushed herself through the veins. "This way" Rinoa muttered and started to crawl, hoping the guys would soon follow.

"Well, its not as elegant as I have would Liked" muttered the new comer as he bent to his knees in atepts to see where the new path way went. He shrugged his shoulds as he swayed his head from side to side. "O well, better then fighting soldiers"

"And You can call me Irvine" Inscrippted Irvine as he jumped in the hole with full trust in Rinoa's ability.
    Last edited by Nova Mage; 04-06-2008 at 02:58 AM.

Rinoa nodded as she turned her head back towards the new-comer, which had introduced himself as Irvine. She nodded at him, with a gentle smile and kept on crawling, not looking back at the men behind her, but instead concentrated on the path ahead of her. "Not long to go now" Rinoa shouted back, hoping that the guys would hear her.

Eventually, they ended up at the end of their path and a clear city lights could be seen as they walked into Timber. The lights lit up the streets and the houses had their lights on, indicating many people's way, showing them where to go. Rinoa brushed herself off and turned towards the two men. "I guess its up to us guys now, as we've lost most of the team" Rinoa said, shrugging her shoulders. Rinoa brushed some of the dust off her shirt and cloak that had gotten stained as she had been crawling. Rinoa suddenly looked around, remembering her home town rather well. Rinoa smiled, feeling good to be home. But she had a mission to do, which was more important. Rinoa turned towards Seifer, folding her arms across her chest, tilting her head into the right direction and gave him a curious look. "So now where too Boss?"

Elsewhere in a corporation tower in Galbadia, General Caraway stood in front of the board of Directors."Balamb is the leader of all the gardens, they have all the money, and they have a huge economy. If we take over, we will own this world. Galbadia can start its new world order." General Caraway stated. "General, should I dispatch our soldiers to invade Balamb immediately?" A director of the board asked. "No, Balamb is usually the first ones to the negotiating table. I have a feeling they will come to us first. We"ll play the waiting game for now."General Caraway said.

Meanwhile, in the beautiful forests of Timber lied Seifer, Rinoa and there new cowboy ally Irvine. Seifer smiled as Rinoa called him "boss". Seifer couldn't believe it, Rinoa could actually make him laugh. No one could make him laugh. "Could she be the one to fulfill his romantic dream?"Seifer thought to himself. "OK, let's try to figure this out. The second Galbadia officials see me or Irvine they will attack us, but not Rinoa because everyone knows your father General Caraway according to Cid. Which means basically Rinoa you can get into places we can't. However, Rinoa there might come a time when you'll have to face your father. Are you prepared to do that?" Seifer asked. "Also, Irvine you are an expert marksman. Even though this misson is a sneaking mission, which means no killing. We may need your skills to cause a distraction. Can you do that?" Seifer asked.

Rinoa nodded and took a deep sigh. 'Can I really do this?' Rinoa thought to herself, thinking deeply as she remembered the last time she had encountered her Father and knew what a headache it was being around her Father.

Rinoa looked back towards Seifer, as they all sat together in a little circle just outside Timber's center. She looked at him deeply as he explained the situation that would befold before them pretty soon. She answered Seifer's question with a mere nod of her head and gazed downwards, her hands clenched together, twirling them around in a nervous motion.

Seifer kneeeled down next to Rinoa and without thinking held her hand and kissed her forehead. "Listen, Cid chose me for a reason to accompany you on this mission. He knew that no matter what happens you will be safe with me. There will be a war breaking through, and there's a big chance the only way for victory is for us to face your father. However, no matter what the case is we will be victorious. My mission is to ensure the safety of my comrades. So don't worry, I won't let anything bad happen to you or anyone else on this mission. I promise." Seifer said as he touched Rinoa's cheek gently.

Elsewhere in Balamb, Cid had walked outside the Corridor into the parking lot of Balamb Garden. Cid was needless to say shocked on what he saw. His eyes began to witness the slaying of children who were students of Balamb. Most children had their limps cut off so they could suffer as they died slowly. While other children had their heads decapitated resulting in a quick death. The stench of their blood nearly made Cid throw up. There was also a sign above that read "You're children are not safe from us. Fear Galbadia, for this is only the beginning."Cid looked at the sign in disgust and broke it. "Galbadia is truly sick and ruthless, I have to alert my SeeDs that a war is drawing near. Seifer, Rinoa, and Irvine please get to the bottom of things immediately. If you 3 fail, may god help balamb." Cid thought to himself as he put his head down.

"Guys.... theres something you must no before we continue". Irvine lifted his head in the direction of Rinoa and seifer, staring blankly into their eyes. His hand sweating and humid. He sat slowly up against the wall with his left are strung across his right knee.

"My name fully is, Irvine Kinneas. Im a mercanary highered by Balamb's head master Cid" Irvine took in a deep breath in. "Truth is I've only just tranfered to Balamb, Im origanal from G-". Irvine quickly stopped with hesidence. Irvine stopped feeling a short shiver down his spine.

He returned to his feet and slung his shotgun over his shoulder. "Galbadia Garden!" Irvine bursted out. as his face retreated behind the tip of his hat
    Last edited by Nova Mage; 04-08-2008 at 09:07 AM.

Rinoa suddenly gasped and placed a hand against her open mouth, suddenly finding herself befriending this unknown man and she couldn't help feel like this was all her fault for bringing this man along with her in the first place.

"Why...Why didn't you tell us before?" Rinoa questioned as she laid a hand on Seifer's chest, keeping her distance from Irvine as much as she could, starting to stay behind Seifer as he explained himself.

Irvine could see fear in Rinoa's eyes as she softly slid brhind seifer. "Dont get mr wrong missy, I aint with Galbadia. You see I've been trained there as a master marksman, Cid reconising my skill, offered me a job and I took it without even a questioning why."

Irvine opened his shot gun releasig the shells inside, he gently through it to his right. "Trust me I'm not a spy or anything. And at the time I met you it didnt seem right to tell you who I was. But after seifer just mentioned a war between balamb n' Galbadia. I c-cant be apart of killing any of them. Im in fear that I may have to kill a member of either school... I find myself in the middle and will not be responsible for taking anyones life." Irvine paused as a tefell from his left eye, hitting the tip of his boot as its glissend through the rays of the sun.

At this point rvine felt unervey. "My mission is to protect you Rinoa, b-but Cid wants to stop the war from happening even if that means having to kill your .. father, at the time I never new the general was your father". Irvine stopped looking deep into Rinoa's stunned eyes. "why else would you think a marksman like me, would be on a no a sneaking mission" Irvine stopped as the dim silents filled the air.

Rinoa slid out from behind Seifer and looked deeply at Irvine, before she walked slowly towards him, giving him a rather strange look. "You have to protect me..? Cid..said...that?" Rinoa asked, becoming slightly confused on why these men had to protect her like they were doing.

"Alright..I guess, I have no other choice..but...we have to head towards the main base....: The house of Generel Caraway" Rinoa said, knowing full well that was her home and she knew that being back there would bring back some old memories, but that didn't let her stop her from doing what the mission had told her to do. "We have to stop this war..and My Father is the only one who can, C'mon!" Rinoa said, suddenly shooting past Irvine and into the distance. She was going to do this the right way, even if it would kill her.

Seifer looked at Rinoa and Irvine "Ok heres what we do." Seifer said as he pulled out a map of the building that Rinoa's father was at. "This is the map Cid gave me in the briefing. This building is heavily guarded. There's no way we can come out of that place alive if we just walk in the building. To be quite honest, I think thats why Cid ordered this to be a sneaking mission." Seifer said as he remembered what a combat genious Cid could be. "Irvine, there are two main guards at the entrance. Don't worry we will not kill anyone on this mission, but I need you to immobilize them. Shoot the arm or leg, do not shoot to kill. Im asking you to do this because I am not a marksman. I might accidentally shoot someone in the heart. Rinoa, this is where you shine. Once the guards are immobilized you can run in. Irvine and I will back you up and meet you in sector 1. This building has 4 sectors. The 1st sector is covered with galbadia soldiers. Don't worry we can take care of them. However the 2nd sector is covered with fiends. That will be a little tough, but if we work together we can do it. Next, theres the third floor. Little is known about this floor according to the map. However, it is rumored that 2 GFs roam the third floor. I have seen General Caraway wear Solomons ring on the TV. So if the rumors are true, then we'll definitely have to worry about the GF Diablos. I have no idea who the 2nd GF would be though. Last but not least we have the prize. Rinoa your father will be there, and I'm betting he's waiting for us. This is a tough mission for all of us, but we have a gunblade duelist, a marksman, and a sorceress. If anyone can make this mission successful its us. Just remember one thing guys, even if we take out Caraway, the war may still happen. So this mission may only be a preview of things to come. The war between Galbadia and Balamb II." Seifer said. "Now Irvine and Rinoa lets make this mission a success."Seifer said.

Smiling, she looked at Seifer and Irvine. She nodded her head in understandment at Seifer's words. She too was rather nervous to go up against her Father, but knew that if they didn't, she wouldn't pass this mission along with Seifer and Irvine. She couldn't run away from her problems and home life.
    Rinoa sneaked up behind Seifer as he led the way towards the first sector. Rinoa pointed towards the doors and nodded to Seifer. "Do I go in here?" Rinoa said, as she sneaked into a crouching postion, ready to get inside once Irvine had immoblised the men guarding. Rinoa crouched down, waiting for Irvine to shoot.